Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

16 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

The Carriageand Graveyard sets have been put up on the US website - release date confirmed August 1st. 

That’s so weird, I checked about an hour ago and there was nothing, it must have literally just been updated

Holy crap, the price point on that carriage does not compare favourably to the other Harry Potter sets (in Norway at least). *oh2*

11 minutes ago, LegoFjotten said:

Holy crap, the price point on that carriage does not compare favourably to the other Harry Potter sets (in Norway at least). *oh2*

It's not the best price, but at least it's better than Hagrid's Hut and the Horntail (talking about pricing here, not the sets themselves)

48 minutes ago, Seaber said:

Privet Drive, the Burrow and Diagon Alley are the other big locations I think. 

I think maybe a £19.99 Duelling Club, £39.99 Privet Drive, £59.99 Durmstrang Ship/Lake Task and £79.99 Chamber of Secrets would be a good spread of sets for example. 

I'd like to see the underground sets designed in a way that allowed you to put the existing Hogwarts pieces on top.

14 minutes ago, Chocolate Frog said:

I'd like to see the underground sets designed in a way that allowed you to put the existing Hogwarts pieces on top.

As we've discussed countless times before, that wouldn't work as every future Hogwarts expansion would need to have a base. It would work much better to just give us a random castle exterior with the ''underground'' interior on the other side

15 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

As we've discussed countless times before, that wouldn't work as every future Hogwarts expansion would need to have a base. It would work much better to just give us a random castle exterior with the ''underground'' interior on the other side

It would be nice to have the raised base, but as you said se would need to get bases for all previous and upcoming Hogwarts sections, and since the castle normally has a large rocky base, it would conflict with the modular aesthetic of the system scale parts. 

34 minutes ago, Chocolate Frog said:

My suggestion would be modding it, using the micro scale castle as inspiration, or just see the micro scale castle as an accurate depiction and the system scale sets as dollhouse style vignettes

The is carriage HOW MUCH? *huh*

Wow, that's rather expensive for a medium build like that.

Edited by Brick Cucumber

14 minutes ago, Brick Cucumber said:

The is carriage HOW MUCH? *huh*

Wow, that's rather expensive for a medium build like that.

It does feel more like a $40 set, but once you consider the fact that it includes 2 winged horses, 4 exclusive figures, with a new head mold and new color for hagrid (who also boosts the price) and over 400 pieces; then the price seems reasonable

I didn't initially like the advent calendar, but seeing how it includes some useful furniture to add some "faux depth" to the 3 sets combined, then I think I'll get it. It can give the illusion of the great Hall being bigger even.

The figures are pretty much recycled though, but it doesn't come as a surprise since Marcos Bessa said in an interview that it was a late request for this year since the theme was doing really well.

4 hours ago, GilbertoAguilera101 said:

It would be nice to have the raised base, but as you said se would need to get bases for all previous and upcoming Hogwarts sections, and since the castle normally has a large rocky base, it would conflict with the modular aesthetic of the system scale parts. 

My suggestion would be modding it, using the micro scale castle as inspiration, or just see the micro scale castle as an accurate depiction and the system scale sets as dollhouse style vignettes

That’s exactly how I see it. The D2C is an architecturally accurate representation of half of the castle while the regular sets are just iconic sections of Hogwarts that can be connected for play and to just give a general Hogwarts vibe. I’ve got both of my versions sitting next to each other and I think both look great. I know it’s quite impossible but I really wish they’d release a D2C set of the other half of the castle! 

Hi. Is a D2C set with the other half of the Castle impossible? Could you explain why? I’ve been hoping they would do that some day so I’m curious as to why impossible. Thanks.

I'm building the clock tower right now and I noticed that the clear "icy decorations" are yellowish asf, I put them on the table and I was like, ummm, something's not right. And indeed, they look yellowed next to the clear goblets. Am I the only one? I mean, I bought it sealed from the lego store..

1 hour ago, dai613 said:

Hi. Is a D2C set with the other half of the Castle impossible? Could you explain why? I’ve been hoping they would do that some day so I’m curious as to why impossible. Thanks.

Well for starters, the other ‘half’ of the castle is more than exactly half, so to do the rest would probably rival the UCS Millennium Falcon in piece count, and that seems unlikely.

Also, the section of Hogwarts that they’ve done - with the main round tower, Great Hall and aqueduct bridge and courtyard - is THE definitive view of Hogwarts. It’s the silhouette that we first saw with Harry from the boats in Sorcerers Stone and the one that’s on all the posters and featured in the theme parks. The rest of the castle is in the background in comparison, so there’s a bit of skepticism as to whether it would have the same marketability. 

2 hours ago, dai613 said:

Exactly what @Accio Lego said above me. It would be a lot harder to sell as the only truly iconic structure is the Astronomy Tower, which isn’t as well recognized as the Great Hall and Marble Staircase Tower. There also aren’t many new microfigures they could include although we are missing characters like Quirrel, Sirius, Hagrid, and other minor ones. With the current D2C, you get the most iconic features of Hogwarts coupled with almost all the major characters from the book series as microfigures. I think it would be hard to market a D2C depicting the other half of the castle since 71043 works on its own but the other set wouldn’t really work unless you already had the first one. Ninjago City Docks worked as an add on to Ninjago City because it still worked great as a stand-alone but becomes even better when joined with the older set, and another Hogwarts D2C just wouldn’t operate like that. Also, there’s no place to connect it unless you remove the small rock detailing parts covering up the Technic beams at the base of the Viaduct Entrance Building. It’s just a long shot which is a shame. 

6 hours ago, Otherworld said:

I'm building the clock tower right now and I noticed that the clear "icy decorations" are yellowish asf, I put them on the table and I was like, ummm, something's not right. And indeed, they look yellowed next to the clear goblets. Am I the only one? I mean, I bought it sealed from the lego store..

Nope. Mine were yellowed too straight out of the packet. It was something that caught my eye too. I've also had two Harry's with heads so tight even pliers can't pull them off and a Harry with a half printed scar. :sadnew:

Edited by BacktoBricks

Will the Carriage and the Graveyard be LEGO exclusives, or will they be available everywhere on August 1 (for example, Target, Amazon, etc in the US)?  Does anyone know?

Thanks!

btw, I called my local LEGO Store yesterday, and they claimed they didn’t even know the sets existed.  *huh*

The LEGOLAND Discovery Center Chicago estimated late July or early August, so I have a feeling they might put them out early if California is any indication.  Merlin Entertainments has historically been lax about policy (perhaps that’s why TLG bought them back).  However, they swore by the street date for the July 1 wave, so who knows?  Maybe they finally had “sanctions” imposed?

£45 for 360 pieces is a bit much, but consider there’s 2 moulded animals and Hagrid with new printing and the hat moulds, not that bad at all

1 hour ago, Whovastron said:

£45 for 360 pieces is a bit much, but consider there’s 2 moulded animals and Hagrid with new printing and the hat moulds, not that bad at all

The carriage has 430 pieces, not 360. It is a bit overpriced but considering the horses, new hats, new faceprints, and new Hagrid, it makes sense. 

7 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

The carriage has 430 pieces, not 360. It is a bit overpriced but considering the horses, new hats, new faceprints, and new Hagrid, it makes sense. 

Don't forget all the recolored parts

6 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

Nope. Mine were yellowed too straight out of the packet. It was something that caught my eye too. I've also had two Harry's with heads so tight even pliers can't pull them off and a Harry with a half printed scar. :sadnew:

Damn! The face prints are also very smudgy thick and opaque, and I've noticed that several torsos have dents at the bottom. Overall the quality has downgraded, but at least the detail on the sets and minifigs make up for it.

On 7/17/2019 at 12:05 AM, Chocolate Frog said:

Did I dream this or did someone mention here earlier in the thread that there's going to be a Lego HP annual this year?

I assume you mean Advent Calendar. One is coming in September. 

On 7/17/2019 at 2:05 AM, Chocolate Frog said:

Did I dream this or did someone mention here earlier in the thread that there's going to be a Lego HP annual this year?

If you mean the book, there’s a picture of it on You-Know-Where.  I think it’s for 2020, though.  

EDIT: Where I live, we mostly call them yearbooks.  When I think of annuals, I think of flowers!  :laugh:  Well, I learn something new every day

Edited by RogueTwo

On 7/19/2019 at 1:37 PM, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I was going by the uk Lego shop site, says 360 pieces there. But 430 is even better value. In a couple months it’ll be down to £40 atleast and be less than 10p per piece, perfect!

Instagram user 'legoharrypotterworld' claims there are rumors of a second HP Cmf Next year. As far as I'm aware, he's not really leaked any info in the past, and seeing as no others have picked up on it, I don't think it's an accurate leak going around.
If he has leaked credible info in the past, please correct me. Otherwise I think this is pure speculation.

Edited by Brick Cucumber
*Next Year, not This Year

1 hour ago, Brick Cucumber said:

Instagram user 'legoharrypotterworld' claims there are rumors of a second HP Cmf this year. As far as I'm aware, he's not really leaked any info in the past, and seeing as no others have picked up on it, I don't think it's an accurate leak going around.
If he has leaked credible info in the past, please correct me, but otherwise I think this is pure speculation.

Theres only one more CMF this year, and that the “regular” series. However if the PST few years are the pattern for the future, then we have 2 licensed themes next year. However we don’t have any Lego movies coming out, so HP is definitely a possibility