Robert8

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & discussion

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, GryffindorResistance said:

Honestly, they shouldn't waste time with Fantastic Beast sets if they're only going to do one Wizarding World wave.

There's so much Harry Potter to cover now that they're revisiting it, and honestly, all everyone wants is a new Dumbledore and updated Grindelwald, which sucks because they weren't in any scenes together. I'm sure we'll get those figures at some point.

I hope for those two figures exacly. But I don't think there is a big market for FB2 sets. The movies are less aimed at kids, the last one even more so. To get the figures, I hope for at least one set, but I doubt we'd get a decent Grindlewald anyway. In both FBI and FBII, he had a haircut very different from the hairpiece he got. I will never understand Lego's decisions for using the wrong molds. So hopefully they will release the spickey hair piece or something like that in white, anytime soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some people on IG put Soldier 76's hair piece from the Overwatch sets on Grindelwald.

Edited by Dr.Cogg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

I hope for those two figures exacly. But I don't think there is a big market for FB2 sets. The movies are less aimed at kids, the last one even more so. To get the figures, I hope for at least one set, but I doubt we'd get a decent Grindlewald anyway. In both FBI and FBII, he had a haircut very different from the hairpiece he got. I will never understand Lego's decisions for using the wrong molds. So hopefully they will release the spickey hair piece or something like that in white, anytime soon.

A pretty decent substitute for Grindelwald is Zane’s from the Ninjago Movie. It has the general shape of his actual haircut. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My guesses right now for 2019 -

- small creature related set (Buckbeak, Grawp, Dementors)

- Hagrid's Hut (Including whatever one of those creatures ^ isn't in the first)

- Small/Medium sized Knight Bus,  Triwizard Task, or Ministry Battle

- Smaller Hogwarts Piece (Sorcerer's Stone Challenges, Room of Requirement, or Dumbledore's Office Tower?)

- Large Hogwarts piece (Chamber of Secrets, Battle of Hogwarts, Clock Tower)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, GryffindorResistance said:

My guesses right now for 2019 -

- small creature related set (Buckbeak, Grawp, Dementors)

- Hagrid's Hut (Including whatever one of those creatures ^ isn't in the first)

 - Small/Medium sized Knight Bus,  Triwizard Task, or Ministry Battle

- Smaller Hogwarts Piece (Sorcerer's Stone Challenges, Room of Requirement, or Dumbledore's Office Tower?)

- Large Hogwarts piece (Chamber of Secrets, Battle of Hogwarts, Clock Tower)

I think Grawp is highly unlikely, or maybe that's just my bias coming in.  Dementors will probably make a reappearance, but since there's already been one in the Hogwarts Express, I don't think they'd make a "battle pack" type set for them.  Another (unsubstantiated, of course) possibility for the small set could be a Gringotts vault, a mine cart, and figures from either Philosopher's Stone or Deathly Hallows, but at the very least a new Goblin or two with printed eyes.

Hagrid's Hut could also have a Centaur, which I think would have considerable appeal to fantasy LEGO fans in general.

The Knight Bus seems incredibly likely to me.  I think of all the Triwizard tasks, the second would be the easiest to fit into a satisfactory model at a decent price point (gone are the days of $30 sets with giant dragons, I fear).  However, we'd better get dual molding for the swimsuits this time.  :grin:

By Ministry Battle, do you mean the Hall of Prophecies, or Dumbledore vs. Voldemort in the Atrium?  I think the latter might be a bit easier and interesting, since the Hall of Prophecies was almost entirely computer generated, very monotonous, and full of bad film editing, but I hope they would save any Order of the Phoenix sets until 2020 (assuming the license is reasonably guaranteed to continue).  

I don't think we need a remake of the Philosopher's Stone challenges.  I mean, this is coming from somebody who just ordered "Fluffy" on eBay, but I honestly feel like those scenes became less important and interesting as the series went on.  Plus, we already have Quirrell with a reversible Voldemort head.  

I do think we will eventually get a remake of the Chamber of Secrets.  It's a very well-designed film location that is concretely defined enough that I think it would be possible to make a scaled-down version for $90-ish.  Plus, we haven't gotten minifigures of Ginny, Lockhart, Tom Riddle, or Moaning Myrtle yet, so it seems like a no-brainer.

The Clock Tower is probably number one on my list of most wanted and most likely large sets.  As others have said, it would be a good idea to incorporate the Hospital Wing, as well.  The basic format of the new Darth Vader's Castle got me thinking about this one.  Minifigures: Harry, Ron, Hermione, Dumbledore, Sirius, Buckbeak, Madam Pomfrey, Fred, George, Percy.

What part of the Battle of Hogwarts were you thinking of?  I guess something on the battlements with Kingsley, Remus, Tonks, Bellatrix, Dolohov, Dementors, Neville, Ginny, Dean, and/or Aberforth would be amazing, I just can't quite picture the architecture of the space, other than a bunch of wooden plank bridges suspended by chains, the place where Voldemort resorts to "Muggle duelling" with Harry.  :laugh:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Black Numenorean said:

This book with the mini figurine Hermione, is for May 2019. And the price will be 13 dollars:

lego-activity-book-hermione-minifigure-h

Are there any existing pictures of the contents of the book? Maybe they give a clue as to what to expect next 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Are there any existing pictures of the contents of the book? Maybe they give a clue as to what to expect next 

I don't know sir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would really love to know if the HP Bricktober packs are coming to the UK. I'm wondering (and secretly hoping as it's better than not getting them at all) if Lego will do a promo for them over here in January as an incentive to spend after Christmas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Although Hagrid's Hut has been done quite a few times, I would love to see them make one from PoA. A Fang figure is a must! Like the one from the Lego Harry Potter game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am personally hoping for more hogwarts castle editions like the clock tower or dumbledore's office. Any idea as to when these set's details will be released? My guess would be New York Toy Fair in February.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, mgetz said:

I am personally hoping for more hogwarts castle editions like the clock tower or dumbledore's office. Any idea as to when these set's details will be released? My guess would be New York Toy Fair in February.

It be nice to have a 4 sets comnected together ss one big display.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, mgetz said:

I am personally hoping for more hogwarts castle editions like the clock tower or dumbledore's office. Any idea as to when these set's details will be released? My guess would be New York Toy Fair in February.

I agree on Toy Fair in Feburary. Last year's sets were revealed in May and released in July. Which is a 3 month gap. I would be more inclined to say March maybe April but I think like the Great Hall, we might get a sneak preview at one set in Feburary. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am I right in assuming that this retail catalog that was just given out will have nothing HP related in it? I would assume not if there won’t be sets until 2HY but if there’s anything at all in 1HY it should be in there and leaks should come soon. I doubt there is anything though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Am I right in assuming that this retail catalog that was just given out will have nothing HP related in it? I would assume not if there won’t be sets until 2HY but if there’s anything at all in 1HY it should be in there and leaks should come soon. I doubt there is anything though

It has nothing in it related to Harry Potter. Harry Potter sets are coming in 2HY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/8/2018 at 4:47 AM, Jawaguy4 said:

Although Hagrid's Hut has been done quite a few times, I would love to see them make one from PoA. A Fang figure is a must! Like the one from the Lego Harry Potter game.

Pics of the new Hagrid's Hut set are on Instagram. Looks good!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The_Chosen_1 said:

Pics of the new Hagrid's Hut set are on Instagram. Looks good!

That's a fake, but a very convincing one :wink: "Fake" is probably a bit harsh though, it's more of a mock-up of what a new Hagrid's Hut set may look like :sweet:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that it’s officially 2019, I’m getting very excited to see what’s in store for Lego Harry Potter fans. I doubt there will be as much as there was in 2018 but I’m ready for anything I can get my hands on. All I need is a handful of new minifigs with a couple of creatures thrown in and some nice builds. I’m not expecting a CMF series or a D2C this year (hopefully more of those down the road) but I would rather them take their time and really do justice to the theme. 2020 will most likely have a bigger wave again. But I am  really excited to start seeing some leaks in the next few months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just hope that Lego don't skip over the first two films by wanting to go right ahead and release sets from movies 3 & 4.  Don't get me wrong, I want to see all the movies covered but as I said there is a lot we still need to see before moving onto the next movies. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

I just hope that Lego don't skip over the first two films by wanting to go right ahead and release sets from movies 3 & 4.  Don't get me wrong, I want to see all the movies covered but as I said there is a lot we still need to see before moving onto the next movies. 

Honestly, I feel like we only need the chambers from Sorcerer’s Stone and the Chamber of Secrets from the first two films. Hagrid’s Hut was in both but I feel like it would be better suited based on Azkaban (with the pumpkin patch, Buckbeak, etc) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Pearson said:

Honestly, I feel like we only need the chambers from Sorcerer’s Stone and the Chamber of Secrets from the first two films. Hagrid’s Hut was in both but I feel like it would be better suited based on Azkaban (with the pumpkin patch, Buckbeak, etc) 

Totally agree with both of you, I would love to see a new Fluffy but I really doubt it’s going to happen. Obviously I would love a better Basilisk than the monstrosity we got last time around and the minifigs from a Chamber Of Secrets set would be awesome. No idea what’s in store though. Those two sets would complete it but I have serious doubts that we’ll see them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So it's confirmed that there's nothing HP coming in 2019 1HY? That's disappointing. I was looking forward to expanding Hogwarts more. 

Fingers crossed for the much-prophesied Defence Against the Dark Arts classroom set. That and a proper Chamber of Secrets is pretty much all I want for HP right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love some more teachers! My Hogwarts (which is triple the size than the one lego came out with) looks really empty without all the teachers and students. I currently have some of the teachers being Doctor Strange, Gandalf, Saruman, Radaghast, and a dark wizard from castles teaching a bunch of slightly different looking harry potter kids.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.