Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

7 minutes ago, Brick Cucumber said:

I don't really think we can say there's an accepted precedent when this new line has only been running for a year. They might be willing to bend rules depending on how much content is in each film.

I agree. And GoF is definetely one of the films with the biggest amount of potential sets

1 minute ago, Guyon2002 said:

I agree. And GoF is definetely one of the films with the biggest amount of potential sets

It's also one of the most popular movies and I could see the sets reflecting that. Besides, it's not like they've not cheated their rules before because of the popularity of this theme.

Edited by Brick Cucumber

19 minutes ago, Brick Cucumber said:

I don't really think we can say there's an accepted precedent when this new line has only been running for a year. They might be willing to bend rules depending on how much content is in each film.

Certainly, but as I said, going off what we have so far, it looks that way. Looking at the Great Hall, Basilisk aside, that is a Year 1 set.  Whomping Willow is a trickier, as it includes the Willow & Anglia. Then the box art shows the scene from Year 1. The Express meanwhile, could be from 3, thanks to Lupin, Dementor, & Sirius poster. But the minifigs are Year 1 height(whereas this year’s Year 3 has medium legs).

The new sets flew off the shelves at my local lego store and the only one left was Hagrid's Hut so I picked it up. Good thing is they're restocking this coming tuesday, but I sooo wanted to get my hands over the clock tower so I could build it tomorrow morning, I looove building in the mornings! It's extremely calming and enjoyable.

Edited by Otherworld

I find it likely that they’ll reuse Gabrielle’s face for a merpeople set. Why print a new face (very specific to a scene not depicted in this set) if they don’t plan on using it for that purpose? It’s not confirmation, but I think it makes it far more likely. I sincerely hope we do get a Second Task set. And I agree that GOF probably has the most content that would make for good sets, so I can see them doing more next year. I’m hoping that they’ll do two full waves, since now they have to know without a doubt that these will sell very well.

41 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I find it likely that they’ll reuse Gabrielle’s face for a merpeople set. Why print a new face (very specific to a scene not depicted in this set) if they don’t plan on using it for that purpose? It’s not confirmation, but I think it makes it far more likely. I sincerely hope we do get a Second Task set.

Wasn’t there earlier (unsubstantiated) rumor of a D2C Durmstrang ship, with or without a Second Task component?  Has anyone heard anything regarding this?   It’s almost certainly baseless, but who knows?

29 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

Wasn’t there earlier (unsubstantiated) rumor of a D2C Durmstrang ship, with or without a Second Task component?  Has anyone heard anything regarding this?   It’s almost certainly baseless, but who knows?

I think it was just a wishlist

On 5/10/2019 at 10:15 AM, daniboy1997 said:

someone im speaking to is 100% certain we are gonna get a D2C £200 durmstrang ship, im not the only one thinking this will not happen?! thoughts?

I found the post, from May 10.  The Lake Task part is a wishlist for sure, but it’s possible, however unlikely, that we’ll get this D2C Durmstrang Ship.  

EDIT: I am NOT trying to spread false rumors, I’m just as excited about this theme as everyone else 

Edited by RogueTwo

It would certainly be nice. I’ve been wondering a little bit if it’s possible for there to be one or two more 2019 sets we still don’t know about. Unlikely, I know, and greedy of me, but I can’t help but hope for as many sets as possible.

9 hours ago, Vindicare said:

Certainly, but as I said, going off what we have so far, it looks that way. Looking at the Great Hall, Basilisk aside, that is a Year 1 set.  Whomping Willow is a trickier, as it includes the Willow & Anglia. Then the box art shows the scene from Year 1. The Express meanwhile, could be from 3, thanks to Lupin, Dementor, & Sirius poster. But the minifigs are Year 1 height(whereas this year’s Year 3 has medium legs).

The Whomping Willow is undoubtedly from year 2. In the scene itself they fly the Ford Anglia into the WW, get caught by Filch while trying to sneak into the Great Hall and he brings them to Snape in his office. Everything from this scene (the WW, the Anglia, Snape's office, Harry, Ron, Filch and Snape) is included in this set.

6 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

That wasa just wishlisting, we already know what themes will have D2C's for the rest of 2019 and HP is not one of them. Besides that I don't think the Durmstrang ship has ''D2C appeal'' for lego, as it only has a few seconds of screentime and would most likely only draw in HP fans and not the ''general audience''.

5 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

It would certainly be nice. I’ve been wondering a little bit if it’s possible for there to be one or two more 2019 sets we still don’t know about. Unlikely, I know, and greedy of me, but I can’t help but hope for as many sets as possible.

We would've heard by now, we'll most likely get news for the next wave around january/february 2020

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

We would've heard by now, we'll most likely get news for the next wave around january/february 2020

Fair enough, but it’s possible that someone knows about next year’s D2C.  Sadly, I do not.  :laugh:

Regardless, I would say that a big $200+ set is extremely likely for next year, though I have no proof.  I eagerly await the news of next year’s sets, but first I eagerly await The Rise of Voldemort and the Beauxbatons Carriage!

Edited by RogueTwo

11 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I find it likely that they’ll reuse Gabrielle’s face for a merpeople set. Why print a new face (very specific to a scene not depicted in this set) if they don’t plan on using it for that purpose?

It's always possible that they are going to do a merpeople set without Gabrielle and they included this face so you can use the figure in another set, like they did with this new Hagrid. But this does point to them doing it in the near future.

Edited by Brick Cucumber

4 hours ago, Brick Cucumber said:

It's always possible that they are going to do a merpeople set without Gabrielle and they included this face so you can use the figure in another set, like they did with this new Hagrid. But this does point to them doing it in the near future.

They wouldn’t need to include Cho either as she came in the CMF. So they could either do the four champions and a merperson, or up the figure count to include Ron and Hermione too. But seven figures seems a bit unlikely for what should be a fairly small set.

3 minutes ago, Scarlet_Patronus said:

They wouldn’t need to include Cho either as she came in the CMF.

Yeah, but they don't have the sleeping face variant for her. Maybe they could sneakily include the face on a Yule ball version of her to hit two birds with one stone.

Edited by Brick Cucumber

2 minutes ago, Scarlet_Patronus said:

They wouldn’t need to include Cho either as she came in the CMF. So they could either do the four champions and a merperson, or up the figure count to include Ron and Hermione too. But seven figures seems a bit unlikely for what should be a fairly small set.

I'd say a Second Task set would include Harry, Krum (shark), 2? Merpeople, Ron and Hermione (those last 2 are unnecessary but inevitable). Though 6 figures are pushing it imo

Which leaves Second Task Fleur and Cedric as perfect figures for the second CMF series

14 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'd say a Second Task set would include Harry, Krum (shark), 2? Merpeople, Ron and Hermione (those last 2 are unnecessary but inevitable). Though 6 figures are pushing it imo

Which leaves Second Task Fleur and Cedric as perfect figures for the second CMF series

As long as we get all four champions I will be happy ??

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'd say if they make it, one of these would be in the set, because the two would share the same piece for their weird 'air-masks' and I dont see them putting two air-mask characters in the CMF.

29 minutes ago, Brick Cucumber said:

I'd say if they make it, one of these would be in the set, because the two would share the same piece for their weird 'air-masks' and I dont see them putting two air-mask characters in the CMF.

Those air-mask spells are one of the reasons I'd say they would be included in the CMF. But maybe they would give Cedric that bubble and Fleur a Grindylow (similair to Baby Groot)

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Those air-mask spells are one of the reasons I'd say they would be included in the CMF. But maybe they would give Cedric that bubble and Fleur a Grindylow (similair to Baby Groot)

I feel like the bubble head charm would just be printed onto the faces, since in the movie the bubble is only around the mouth and nose

2 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I feel like the bubble head charm would just be printed onto the faces, since in the movie the bubble is only around the mouth and nose

That actually makes it easier to design a new mold, since it’s the same general principle as existing beard and gas mask pieces. Whereas prints might not give the right transparent bubble look. 

Could it be that we get a small wave in January with sets from 3-4 including task two before they start with 5-6 next summer :shrug_oh_well:

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

Could it be that we get a small wave in January with sets from 3-4 including task two before they start with 5-6 next summer :shrug_oh_well:

Shrieking Shack and Second Task please ?

This new Barnes and Noble Golden Snitch free mini build got me thinking...

How many promotional/free items have we gotten so far in this new Harry Potter range? The ones I remember are 

promos: Diagon Alley & bricktober

free builds: snitch, Hogwarts Express, Wand build

Am I missing any? And when do you think me might get another promo or free item?

2 hours ago, GilbertoAguilera101 said:

This new Barnes and Noble Golden Snitch free mini build got me thinking...

How many promotional/free items have we gotten so far in this new Harry Potter range? The ones I remember are 

promos: Diagon Alley & bricktober

free builds: snitch, Hogwarts Express, Wand build

Am I missing any? And when do you think me might get another promo or free item?

Don't forget the polybag with Harry and his trolly