Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

18 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

So youre telling me this isn't a Hogwarts set?

Besides the obvious the Hogwarts towers and Girl's bathroom on top of the Chamber of Secrets the CoS itself is situated IN Hogwarts, so this definetely counts as a Hogwarts set

He’s referring to the primary Hogwarts sets in the waves, the ones with “Hogwarts Castle” as a set name.

18 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

So youre telling me this isn't a Hogwarts set?

Besides the obvious the Hogwarts towers and Girl's bathroom on top of the Chamber of Secrets the CoS itself is situated IN Hogwarts, so this definetely counts as a Hogwarts set

To me the Hogwarts sets are Great Hall from Philosopher’s Stone, Clocktower set from PoA, the Hogwarts castle from OotP and the one released around the time of DH. All of these sets, when they stand alone can form a Hogwarts playset. I guess the only exception to this was really the Battle of Hogwarts set. I see what you’re saying about CoS, but standalone it doesn’t have the same “Hogwarts-y play value” as the other sets (two of them include the Great Hall which is a major play area, the others include offices, dormitories, classrooms, etc which are all major play areas of Hogwarts. CoS set is really just a bathroom and the basement of Hogwarts which, while still important, don’t really constitute a “Hogwarts playset” imo) sorry for the rant!

18 hours ago, The Pearson said:

He’s referring to the primary Hogwarts sets in the waves, the ones with “Hogwarts Castle” as a set name.

Yes, thank you! Either way OBVIOUSLY a CoS (movie) themed CoS (set) would be a lot more interesting than a DH one. But with them already giving us the live version of the Basilisk, I do wonder if it would make sense for them to still give us the Chamber but in a new context

3 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

In case you're still wondering what it looks like:

And since this isn't the only new exclusive hairpiece in reddish brown...

Seriously though, I'm glad they went with a recolor of Old Man Luke's hairpiece since this doesn't look nowhere near as good IMO :laugh: Nothing beats the pigtails though :tongue:

Honestly I think that Moody piece looks much better than the Luke piece. I’ve got the brown Moody piece on mine and I think it’s a lot better

There's a 360° video on youtube of the carriage and the beauxbaton hat indeed has a ponytail.

I think the chamber of secrets set is long over due it been 17 years since the first one.

What do you guys think their going to make the order of the Phoenix wave

2 hours ago, 9v brick master said:

I think the chamber of secrets set is long over due it been 17 years since the first one.

What do you guys think their going to make the order of the Phoenix wave

We can only guess as the wave will also contain Half Blood Prince sets. I personally think there's a high chance we'll get the Astronomy Tower (HBP) but with a OotP-based interior, somewhat similair to how they did the Clocktower this year. There are some great sets that could potentially be made:
- Thestral Carriage

- Random piece of Hogwarts

- Ministry of Magic

- Grimmauld Place

- Dementor Attack (including Dudley)

- Room of Requirement (Dumbledore's Army)

- Something with Grawp

The list goes on and on but there are only so many spots. If you'd ask me I'd say only the Astronomy Tower is pretty much confirmed for next wave as its essantial to the 6th book.

But a continuation of this discussion would be better placed in the 2020 thread

8 hours ago, Otherworld said:

There's a 360° video on youtube of the carriage and the beauxbaton hat indeed has a ponytail.

Even though its only a very small thing I'm really happy they gave Wormtail his knife in the Rise of Voldemort set, hadn't noticed it before

9 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Even though its only a very small thing I'm really happy they gave Wormtail his knife in the Rise of Voldemort set, hadn't noticed it before

And it includes a bone as well, so pretty much the entire ritual can be recreated :rofl: 

Speaking of which: Is this the first instance a bone is supposed to represent a specific person‘s partial remains? The bone cages in POTC and Metalbeard‘s ‚organs‘ don‘t count :tongue:

15 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

And it includes a bone as well, so pretty much the entire ritual can be recreated :rofl: 

Speaking of which: Is this the first instance a bone is supposed to represent a specific person‘s partial remains? The bone cages in POTC and Metalbeard‘s ‚organs‘ don‘t count :tongue:

Technically the bone cages do count, as those were made from the remains of the crew that got eaten by the cannibals :wink:

But maybe there is a more specific one in a theme like Indiana Jones? I wouldn't really know as I'm not a big fan of the movies

9 hours ago, Otherworld said:

Yeah there was a Gabrielle being sold on eBay a while ago and it showed the front and back

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

There was a skeleton in Balin’s tomb in the Mines Of Moria set for LOTR. It didn't really resemble a dwarf but it WAS Balin’s tomb with a skeleton inside so who else could it be?

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Technically the bone cages do count, as those were made from the remains of the crew that got eaten by the cannibals :wink:

That‘s why I said „specific“, I know those were crew mates but we don‘t know who they were exactly (unless you compare the crew from the scenes prior in order to check who‘s missing) :wink:

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

But maybe there is a more specific one in a theme like Indiana Jones? I wouldn't really know as I'm not a big fan of the movies

Good point actually, there‘s Francisco de Orellana, the Conquistador whose skeleton is in one of the KotCS sets (and it‘s specifically him due to where the Crystal Skull is hidden) :thumbup:

55 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Yeah there was a Gabrielle being sold on eBay a while ago and it showed the front and back

There was a skeleton in Balin’s tomb in the Mines Of Moria set for LOTR. It didn't really resemble a dwarf but it WAS Balin’s tomb with a skeleton inside so who else could it be?

And an even better example, I knew I forgot something :grin: That was undoubtedly Balin and one could even argue that Ori‘s remains are in that set as well (Óin’s on the other hand certainly not).

Either way, it‘s an interesting detail to include in the set. I still wonder though why none of the elements involved in the transformation (i.e. the knife, Riddle Sr.‘s bone and especially Baby Voldy) are displayed on the box :shrug_oh_well: They also did the same thing with the Spa set from TLM 2... Why hide one of the selling points? :wacko:

12 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Either way, it‘s an interesting detail to include in the set. I still wonder though why none of the elements involved in the transformation (i.e. the knife, Riddle Sr.‘s bone and especially Baby Voldy) are displayed on the box :shrug_oh_well: 

Maybe they didn't want Voldermort and Babymort on the front of the box as to not "ruin" the effect of the transformation? Kind of like how the recent Vader Transformation set included Vader but not burnt Anakin on the front of the box.

38 minutes ago, Tariq j said:

Maybe they didn't want Voldermort and Babymort on the front of the box as to not "ruin" the effect of the transformation? Kind of like how the recent Vader Transformation set included Vader but not burnt Anakin on the front of the box.

It makes sense not to show both versions in the scene itself for that exact reason (same goes for other sets with transformation features where they usually advertise that feature by showing it in a dedicated area on the boxart, e.g. the opened version of the carriage in the Beauxbaton set). However, I’m more perplexed at the choice not to feature Babymort in the minifig (or rather „character“) section of the box :laugh: 

Edited by Lego-Freak

6 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

However, I’m more perplexed at the choice not to feature Babymort in the minifig (or rather „character“) section of the box :laugh: 

This oversight made me doubt the baby version was legit.  I’ll probably still think it an elaborate hoax until I build it years from now.

I wonder if they skip a set from a film if they'll go back to the first films and start the cycle again once they get to the end of the series.

6 hours ago, Brick Cucumber said:

I wonder if they skip a set from a film if they'll go back to the first films and start the cycle again once they get to the end of the series.

That's pretty much what we're expecting to happen, especially as by the time lego is finished with the first run of all movies buildings like the Great Hall are ready for a revamp (according to lego atleast). But IF they end up doing this completely depends on how the theme sells, which doesn't seem to be a problem

With Stranger Things getting a SDCC exclusive figure, I’m getting really worried that the likelihood of HP getting one is a little higher

4 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

With Stranger Things getting a SDCC exclusive figure, I’m getting really worried that the likelihood of HP getting one is a little higher

They usually don’t do more than three, so we should be safe... For now *huh*

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

They usually don’t do more than three, so we should be safe... For now *huh*

I hope you’re right. I don’t really care much about the three that they’ve done so far, so hopefully they end it there

3 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Surely that’s just to promote the exclusive Upside Down set? LEGO have already done four exclusive minifigures in the Bricktober pack!

2 hours ago, Scarlet_Patronus said:

Surely that’s just to promote the exclusive Upside Down set? LEGO have already done four exclusive minifigures in the Bricktober pack!

That was last year.  Not saying we’ll get an SDCC exclusive, but four Bricktober minifigures, which were not supposed to be scarce, doesn’t really have anything to do with it.  

My money’s on an exclusive vignette like last year’s Millennium Falcon cockpit, with either a minifigure or two already available, or one that will be available next year, pertaining to Years 5-6.  

2 hours ago, Scarlet_Patronus said:

If it was made to promote the Upside Down set they would've released it alongside the set itself, not as an extremely rare SDCC-exclusive

Someone had a pretty cheap Fluer minifig from the upcoming Beauxbatons Carriage set on eBay so I bought one. It’s such a nice figure and I plan on changing the head to make just a random Beauxbatons student with the parts. That way it isn’t a waste at all to get a double of her

I just realized, the Baby Voldemort is the first ever 'figure' to use that Baby piece printed with a colour other than classic yellow Lego or the weird mini-doll one...

Also the second ever licensed Baby.