Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

5 hours ago, GilbertoAguilera101 said:

B6157660-AF58-45E2-A1E4-FBCF99AF0EBF.jpeg

The layout is just like the Golden Snitch instructions to me, so I'm guessing it's a promotional build. Just hope for once this crops up in the UK as so many promotional Lego (also Bricktober sets) only appear in America.

On 11/11/2019 at 7:09 AM, Accio Lego said:

- if memory serves, similar images of the snitch were leaked months before the B&N event was announced. 

So you're saying someone snitched on the snitch?

After a 6 month break from eurobricks I‘m back! Missed this thread, any news on 2020 sets or nothing at all until now? 

40 minutes ago, topiku said:

After a 6 month break from eurobricks I‘m back! Missed this thread, any news on 2020 sets or nothing at all until now? 

Nothing except the set numbers.

Edited by TheBrickBuilder14

3 hours ago, topiku said:

We’ve only got four set numbers and some reasonably solid rumors that the third CMF next year will be Harry Potter series 2. Other than that it’s just speculation and educated guesses (i.e. nobody believes we’re only getting four sets, logic dictates that they’ll be based off the 5th and 6th movies but nothing confirms that yet, we’ll likely see another advent calendar but that’s not going to be confirmed for months, etc.).

I know it is a stretch(dunno if written correctly) but 4 sets are going to EOL in January, we can hope its because the 4 sets we got the numbers on are released early 2020? 

6 minutes ago, TurboTj-DK said:

I know it is a stretch(dunno if written correctly) but 4 sets are going to EOL in January, we can hope its because the 4 sets we got the numbers on are released early 2020? 

You're talking about the soon to be retired sets right? Because sets retiring doesn't have anything to do with sets releasing, the next HP wave will most likely come out in june 2020 just like this and last year

15 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

You're talking about the soon to be retired sets right? Because sets retiring doesn't have anything to do with sets releasing, the next HP wave will most likely come out in june 2020 just like this and last year

alrighty, I was just throwing thoughts out...

4 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

We’ve only got four set numbers and some reasonably solid rumors that the third CMF next year will be Harry Potter series 2. Other than that it’s just speculation and educated guesses (i.e. nobody believes we’re only getting four sets, logic dictates that they’ll be based off the 5th and 6th movies but nothing confirms that yet, we’ll likely see another advent calendar but that’s not going to be confirmed for months, etc.).

I actually do think we might get only four sets, if we get a CMF and a D2C as well.  That would be plenty, as long as the quality remains super high, as it has for the past two years.

1 hour ago, RogueTwo said:

I actually do think we might get only four sets, if we get a CMF and a D2C as well.  That would be plenty, as long as the quality remains super high, as it has for the past two years.

Yeah, but the Harry Potter theme is extremely popular, so I doubt they’ll start shrinking the numbers of sets per wave anytime soon. We’ve had info of two extra sets crop up much later than when the other set numbers leaked twice now, and I’m inclined to think it will happen again. 

4 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Honestly I would prefer if they waited at least until 2021 to do another D2C for this theme. 

Why? There isn't really anything DH-specific that's D2C worthy, at least not that I can think of atm

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Why? There isn't really anything DH-specific that's D2C worthy, at least not that I can think of atm

Because they don’t need to release another D2C so soon. Diagon Alley can come out in 2021.

7 hours ago, KevinMD said:

Because they don’t need to release another D2C so soon. Diagon Alley can come out in 2021.

It can just as easily come out in 2020, the last Harry Potter D2C released 2 years ago at that point and most minifigure-scale lovers (like me) didn't even care about that set

7 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

It can just as easily come out in 2020, the last Harry Potter D2C released 2 years ago at that point and most minifigure-scale lovers (like me) didn't even care about that set

That’s nice. The point is a 2021 release isn’t tied to any other particular set releases. I doubt this line will be evergreen and it doesn’t have the material for many large sets. Spacing them out will not hurt anything.

21 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

It doesn’t have to be DH related necessarily, D2Cs are really their own category. Although Diagon Alley could use elements from all the movies it’s featured in, including the DH Gringotts scene with the dragon. But basically Hogwarts Castle is still a pretty fresh set for the theme as far as a D2C is concerned. Also, for Star Wars collectors, it’ll be tough to try to get the UCS Star Destroyer and a new HP D2C so close together. For me, 2020 just feels too soon for another one I guess, there isn’t really a huge reason not to, I just don’t really need another one yet. I would rather focus on regular sets and the CMF next year and then see a new D2C in 2021

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

51 minutes ago, Albert with an A said:

I suppose we could still get a Diagon Alley set next year. It doesn't have to be a D2C

I think it’s possible we’ll get a Borgins and Burke’s set (technically Knocoturn Alley) or even Weasley’s Wizarding Wheezes, since it doesn’t share a wall with any of the other buildings on the Alley next year, since they both featured in HBP. But I can’t see them doing more than one store in a standard set, if we get an actual ‘Diagon Alley’ set with multiple shops it will definitely be a D2C. 

9 minutes ago, Albert with an A said:

Does anyone remember when we got the initial information on the 2019 Harry Potter sets?

Right after the London Toy Fair :wink:

Hay guys I have a small MOC to share, an improved build for the Goblet of Fire to replace the rather disappointing one in the clock tower set:

LEGO Harry Potter: The Goblet of Fire

18 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

I think it’s possible we’ll get a Borgins and Burke’s set (technically Knocoturn Alley) or even Weasley’s Wizarding Wheezes, since it doesn’t share a wall with any of the other buildings on the Alley next year, since they both featured in HBP. But I can’t see them doing more than one store in a standard set, if we get an actual ‘Diagon Alley’ set with multiple shops it will definitely be a D2C. 

If we get a D2C Diagon Alley down the line I think it will just be a larger version of the GWP