Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

19 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Thanks a lot!

19 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Yeah, sure. I was mostly bringing Groot up because I don't think a Pixie could be done at a smaller scale but Ashnflash's design is pretty much what I would like to get

You'll have most luck on Bricklink, though older minifigures like him can be quite expensive. And if you don't mind me asking, why exactly do you want an original Dumbledore? Especially with the current figures all being fleshies I'm kinda curious, do you have an OG HP collection or something similair?

Yeah, Lego Freak found me one. No lol I don't have an OG collection, tbh I prefer some of the older minifigs, idk why though lol

Luna with her lionhead, complete with magic spell to make it roar, is #1 priority to me on CMF.  But since LEGO doesn't ask me to vote on their selection process, its just a wish.

7 hours ago, Taidehaamu said:

I think a Centaur would be too big for a CMF, I think the best chance we got is a set of Dolores Umbridge getting attacked by the Centaurs in Order of Phoenix. Or some other Forbidden Forrest themed set down the line. 

To be fair, we also thought that bikes would be too big until the most recent CMF set came out. But if a centaur was to come out, it'd probably be in a set. I bet it would be really expensive to produce, though I guess all Lego would have to do is design a part that connects with a mini-figures torso and the horse body they already have out. Everything else would be done as well (fauns headpiece for head and horse body for actual body).

Based on the previous releases chances are pretty high that we will get a set or two based on the Order of the Phoenix so that we be the perfect time to get a set with a centaur. Maybe something similar to the Patronum set with 2 centaurs, Harry and Umbridge or maybe something bigger including a brick built Grawp.

54 minutes ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

Based on the previous releases chances are pretty high that we will get a set or two based on the Order of the Phoenix so that we be the perfect time to get a set with a centaur. Maybe something similar to the Patronum set with 2 centaurs, Harry and Umbridge or maybe something bigger including a brick built Grawp.

1 centaur is way more likely for a small set. Lego can be generous at times but they're not that generous :wink: But considering we're only getting 4 sets (that we know of) and they have 2 movies to cover I find it unlikely for them to include such a minor thing, especially since they need a big new mold. If we do ever get Centaurs in the HP line I don't really see it happening untill they finished up their first run through movies 1-8 and start filling in the gaps and rereleasing sets. 

13 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

But considering we're only getting 4 sets (that we know of) and they have 2 movies to cover

Most likely we will get 7 sets like the two first waves. It could be more or one less, but no way it is only 4 :wink: Also the CMF and the advent calender is almost guaranteed.. In addition we could get polybags, GWP and D2C if we are lucky :shrug_oh_well:
Regarding the centaur mould I think maybe they have to make it smaller than the normal horse mould to make the torso fit the horse body without looking to small.. If that is the case it should fit the new CMF bag :classic:

7 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I agree, but Centaurs are just so meh for a CMF imo. I would definetely like to get them but not in the CMF.

As for the top of my wish list: Professor Sprout, Madam Pomfrey, Kingsley, Tonks and Kreacher. If we get these 5 next year through either the sets or the CMF I will be 100% satisfied

Yes to all of those! Professor Sprout is probably the least exciting figure on that list but she would still be handy for a Hogwarts greenhouse MOC to go along with Neville. 

2 hours ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

What if instead of Centaurs in a small set there was a small set with thestrals? Lego already have the mould and there's a scene in Order of the Phoenix with Harry finding Luna feeding the Thestrals in the forest! It could come with a baby Thestral as well, similar to the new Frozen II set with Sven and the baby deer. 

I also really think Lego is going to make at least two more exclusive sets next year similar to this year. This theme is obviously selling really well so although I think they're pacing themselves to keep going while the Fantastic Beasts films are (which is now even longer as the third is delayed to 2021) they can definitely eventually go back through the films filling in the gaps while re-releasing the iconic sets (similar to the 2010 wave). If this does happen then I think six sets should be enough to fit in all the interesting Order of the Phoenix and Half-Blood Prince sets they could make. 

10 hours ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Yes to all of those! Professor Sprout is probably the least exciting figure on that list but she would still be handy for a Hogwarts greenhouse MOC to go along with Neville.  

I agree Sprout isn't the most exciting figure. But I don't see any way we could get her with a new hair/hat mold she so desperately needs outside of the CMF

Apparantly FB3 will start filming in spring 2020 and the story itself will take place in Rio de Janeiro. I don't really know what to think about the story taking place there, it could make for some good looking lego sets but overall I'm not sure wether or not I like it

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Apparantly FB3 will start filming in spring 2020 and the story itself will take place in Rio de Janeiro. I don't really know what to think about the story taking place there, it could make for some good looking lego sets but overall I'm not sure wether or not I like it

Based on previous FB offerings, I wouldn‘t expect more than one or two sets to be honest :classic: I can‘t see them ignoring it completely since FB certainly was one of the reasons the WW theme was brought back in the first place, but I don‘t think they‘d dedicate an entire wave worth of sets to it.

The Rio setting does sound interesting though, I very much like the idea of each installment taking place on a different continent :thumbup: 

16 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I agree Sprout isn't the most exciting figure. But I don't see any way we could get her with a new hair/hat mold she so desperately needs outside of the CMF

Plus, Sprout is the only head of house that hasn’t gotten an updated minifigure yet, so she’s due for one (especially since the 2011 version was pretty unrecognizable)

18 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Also a dress using the new skirt mold! I really hate those old blocky components that sai tok your minifigure every time you accidentally hit them. I was so happy when HP started using the new ones. 

2 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

Plus, Sprout is the only head of house that hasn’t gotten an updated minifigure yet, so she’s due for one

I don't know how I didn't realise that she was the only not updated head of house. Crazy to think weve got nearly all the film teachers already: Dumbledore, McGonagall, Snape, Quirell, Flitwick, Hooch, Trelawney, Hagrid, Lupin, 'Moody', Umbridge, Slughorn. (+ Maxime, even though she doesn't teach at Hogwarts)

I guess the only other teachers Lego will make are: Sprout, Lockhart, (+ Karkaroff), Amycus and Alecto Carrow. I'm saying these as these appear in the films.

Other staff like Filch have been done and I think we might get Madam Pomfrey. But characters like: Professor Bins, Madam Pince, Professor Sinistra, Firenze, Professor Grubbly-Plank and Professor Vector I doubt highly as they only appear in the books.

Edited by (Insert Name Here)

1 minute ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

I don't know how I didn't realise that she was the only not updated head of house. Crazy to think weve got nearly all the film teachers already: Dumbledore, McGonagall, Snape, Quirell, Flitwick, Hooch, Trelawney, Hagrid, Lupin, 'Moody', Umbridge, Slughorn. (+ Maxime, even though she doesn't teach at Hogwarts)

I guess the only other teachers Lego will make are: Sprout, Lockhart, (+ Karkaroff), Amycus and Alecto Carrow. I'm saying these as these appear in the films.

Other staff like Filch have been done and I think we might get Madam Pomfrey. But characters like: Professor Bins, Madam Prince, Professor Sinestra and Professor Vector I doubt highly as they only appear in the books.

I also find it weird that we got a Filch, but no Mrs. Norris! It would have been really easy too as all Lego had to do was include a cat element in the Wamping Willow set from 2018. Perhaps that's CMF fodder with an updated Filch figure.

Just now, FastFlash said:

I also find it weird that we got a Filch, but no Mrs. Norris! It would have been really easy too as all Lego had to do was include a cat element in the Wamping Willow set from 2018. Perhaps that's CMF fodder with an updated Filch figure.

Hmm, they could always do an OotP version with giant pus filled blisters on his face from eating some of Fred and George's sweets, I wouldn't mind that in the CMF series 2.

2 minutes ago, FastFlash said:

No Mrs Norris bad but not most important character. Also they can make Filch with evil smiling face like when he become friend with Umbridge. 

2 minutes ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

Hmm, they could always do an OotP version with giant pus filled blisters on his face from eating some of Fred and George's sweets, I wouldn't mind that in the CMF series 2.

Just now, Sugoi said:

No Mrs Norris bad but not most important character. Also they can make Filch with evil smiling face like when he become friend with Umbridge. 

Both very possible ideas. I definitely see a Mrs. Norris coming out at some point, probably with another Extension. She could be petrified with Filch having an angry face and a face looking in horror. We could also get a Ginny figure that way and maybe some other students. We really need a Ginny figure.

Just now, FastFlash said:

Both very possible ideas. I definitely see a Mrs. Norris coming out at some point, probably with another Extension. She could be petrified with Filch having an angry face and a face looking in horror. We could also get a Ginny figure that way and maybe some other students. We really need a Ginny figure.

Need Wesley bro’s too!

7 minutes ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

Other staff like Filch have been done and I think we might get Madam Pomfrey. But characters like: Professor Bins, Madam Pince, Professor Sinistra, Firenze, Professor Grubbly-Plank and Professor Vector I doubt highly as they only appear in the books.

Professor Sinistra and Madame Pince (maybe some of the others, I can't remember) actually did appear very very briefly in one or two films, so technically they might possibly pop up, but they'd constitute some pretty deep cuts. I don't think the actress who played Sinistra was even credited.

1 minute ago, tafkatb said:

Professor Sinistra and Madame Pince (maybe some of the others, I can't remember) actually did appear very very briefly in one or two films, so technically they might possibly pop up, but they'd constitute some pretty deep cuts. I don't think the actress who played Sinistra was even credited.

Also Patel sisters. They were missing from great ball set and this was big missing out. We also need Lily and James Potter not just sticker. 

8 minutes ago, tafkatb said:

5 minutes ago, Sugoi said:

Also Patel sisters. They were missing from great ball set and this was big missing out. We also need Lily and James Potter not just sticker. 

Pardon my sarcasm, but at that point, if Lego is really that desperate for ideas, they might as well just release buildable action figures like in Superheroes and Star Wars.:grin:

Edited by FastFlash

12 minutes ago, tafkatb said:

Maybe if CMF in Winter sell well they will release obscure Harry Potter figures later where we get some figures like those one. 

5 hours ago, FastFlash said:

I agree that was really odd they could just have used the normal cat piece, but maybe it was not any money left then for a new color for the cat...
Hagrids hut also had a dog included at the toy fair, so it was unfortunate we did not get Fang in that set. On the other hand they may have already made the mould so would be a waste not to include it in a future set :tongue:

6 hours ago, FastFlash said:

Also a dress using the new skirt mold! I really hate those old blocky components that sai tok your minifigure every time you accidentally hit them. I was so happy when HP started using the new ones. 

I'd rather have Sprout using mid-legs with a skirt or a 1x2 plate with a 1x2 brick on top like Yule Ball Hermione. Sprout is smaller than most teachers so she shouldn't have normal legs but she's also taller than Flitwick so she also shouldn't use short legs, mid-legs height would be perfect for her

6 hours ago, FastFlash said:

Filch doesn't really change costumes though, I think for a CMF lego wouldn't just rerelease a figure they've done last year in terms of body pieces. So while his accesories would be pretty cool to get we already have a perfect Filch figure

6 hours ago, Sugoi said:

Need Wesley bro’s too!

They are incredibly easy to make in a set