Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

4 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

Uh... Voldemort and Cho were both in Goblet of Fire? In those outfits?

Voldemort from GOF had black robes as seen in the Rise Of Voldemort set. I think Cho is definitely meant to be from OOTP since she’s features much more prominently in that outfit in movie 5 

44 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Voldemort from GOF had black robes as seen in the Rise Of Voldemort set. I think Cho is definitely meant to be from OOTP since she’s features much more prominently in that outfit in movie 5 

Yes.....? and choirmaster!Flitwick, Gambon Dumbledore and Moody all feature more in movies 5-8 than they do in 1-4, because they all weren’t introduced until movie 3 or 4. That doesn’t change the fact that Cho, Voldemort and the rest of them were all introduced in the 1-4 movie range. 

My original point was that Luna Lovegood was the only character in series one to be introduced post GoF, and nitpicking on whether Cho played a larger role in GoF or OotP doesn’t change that. 

3 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

The CMF series was released after the main wave of sets, either two months or one, depending on the territory :wink: I think the cause for the leg-discrepancy is budgetary in nature. One of the set designers admitted in an interview that last year's sets went over-budget, which even went so far as leeching off of some of Jurassic World's budget. The CMF series have their own independent budget I think, which is probably why they introduced the mould there instead, sparing their main theme budget. Why they couldn't just delay the sets (or release the CMF series earlier) is another question... What may serve as a possible answer is the circumstance that CMF series used to be manufactured in separate facilities back then (not anymore since the TLM2 series), which probably made reusing CMF parts in regular sets a lot trickier. Wasn't there always quite a delay between the introduction of new CMF moulds and their later repurposing in regular sets? :classic:

I don't think the budget really matters. The fact of the matter is that they had the budget to produce the new legs, wherever it came from, so it seems like they could have used that mold from the CMFs for the sets. However, if they were being produced at a different facility at the time, that would make sense I guess, thanks.

4 hours ago, Oky said:

I don't think the budget really matters. The fact of the matter is that they had the budget to produce the new legs, wherever it came from, so it seems like they could have used that mold from the CMFs for the sets. However, if they were being produced at a different facility at the time, that would make sense I guess, thanks.

Probably because they wanted the CMF to have it first! It is not the same wow factor in the CMF series if the mid-legs came in a set earlier. Do not help that the budget came from the CMF then.. The Niffler, Nagini and golden snitch all came in sets the same year, but used the CMF budget on the new moulds. So they could have included the mid-legs in sets also, but that would probably have taken to much of the spotlight from the CMF, not worth it since Hogwarts express is from 1-2 with a few figs from 3 to spice up things :shrug_oh_well:

36 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Probably because they wanted the CMF to have it first! It is not the same wow factor in the CMF series if the mid-legs came in a set earlier. Do not help that the budget came from the CMF then.. The Niffler, Nagini and golden snitch all came in sets the same year, but used the CMF budget on the new moulds. So they could have included the mid-legs in sets also, but that would probably have taken to much of the spotlight from the CMF, not worth it since Hogwarts express is from 1-2 with a few figs from 3 to spice up things :shrug_oh_well:

The wow factor probably had something to do with it. But if what you said was true for last years wave (the combination of theme and CMF budgets to make new molds) we could be in for a treat next year when it comes to new molds appearing in both the sets and the CMF

I'm pretty sure Voldemort's robes are greenish in all films from Goblet of Fire onward. They just look different in different lighting. 

55 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

we could be in for a treat next year when it comes to new molds appearing in both the sets and the CMF

I am counting on it :grin:
In addition to going over budget the first year making moulds, they have made some this year also. So the 1 priority stuff have been made already, which means that it is a bigger room in the budget for Stuff like Fang, Fawkes, Padfoot, patronus etc :excited:

19 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

I am counting on it :grin:
In addition to going over budget the first year making moulds, they have made some this year also. So the 1 priority stuff have been made already, which means that it is a bigger room in the budget for Stuff like Fang, Fawkes, Padfoot, patronus etc :excited:

I think Fang could definetely be included in the CMF in some form, after all they did include a giant dolphin in the CMF series for the LEGO Batman Movie. A new mold similair to how he looked in the LEGO games but more like today's standards would be incredible

I could see Fang being the accessory to a CMF Harry, wearing a ‘Detention in the dark forest’ cloak and carrying a lantern (one of my favourite new moulds from this theme)

I'm really hoping they did an actual mold of Fawks (maybe they could whip out the old one they used back in the early 2000's for Dumbledoor's office). I was not a big fan oof the brick built version that came in the Great Hall set. Personally, I'm not a big fan of the brick built figures because they can break down easily or parts pop off.

6 minutes ago, FastFlash said:

I'm really hoping they did an actual mold of Fawks (maybe they could whip out the old one they used back in the early 2000's for Dumbledoor's office). I was not a big fan oof the brick built version that came in the Great Hall set. Personally, I'm not a big fan of the brick built figures because they can break down easily or parts pop off.

I've never liked the old Fawkes mold, and returning it would be pretty stupid as the mold really doesn't fit in with the sets we have now. I just modded the brickbuilt Fawkes and I'm quite happy with the way it looks, no need to spend budget on new molds we don't really need

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I've never liked the old Fawkes mold, and returning it would be pretty stupid as the mold really doesn't fit in with the sets we have now. I just modded the brickbuilt Fawkes and I'm quite happy with the way it looks, no need to spend budget on new molds we don't really need

I never owned the fawks mold, so to be fair, I could only judge it from the pictures. How did you end up modding it? The tail-feather of mine keeps on popping off. Tangent aside, I hope we get a Fluffy (non-brick built) at some point, and that they make more sets from the first film. 

10 minutes ago, FastFlash said:

I never owned the fawks mold, so to be fair, I could only judge it from the pictures. How did you end up modding it? The tail-feather of mine keeps on popping off. Tangent aside, I hope we get a Fluffy (non-brick built) at some point, and that they make more sets from the first film. 

I ended up buying a second Great Hall on discount so I had two Fawkes' which I used to built one with longer wings that also help keep the (also longer) tail in place. I'll post a picture of it tomorrow if I don't forget it :wink:

3 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I ended up buying a second Great Hall on discount so I had two Fawkes' which I used to built one with longer wings that also help keep the (also longer) tail in place. I'll post a picture of it tomorrow if I don't forget it :wink:

I appreciate it!

20 hours ago, Heppy9 said:

For anyone still looking for the bricktober pack Hamleys have it for sale at £20 at the moment! Be quick! 

https://www.hamleys.com/lego-5005254-harry-potter-professors-minifigures-limited-edition.ir

Wow thanks for the heads up! I checked just now and they still have it in stock and got one :) being in the U.K. this is the cheapest it’s ever been for me 

9 hours ago, Bugbot20082 said:

Wow thanks for the heads up! I checked just now and they still have it in stock and got one :) being in the U.K. this is the cheapest it’s ever been for me 

No problem! I managed to get one off amazon a few months back for about £25 so this was a great deal ?

2 hours ago, Heppy9 said:

No problem! I managed to get one off amazon a few months back for about £25 so this was a great deal ?

Wow, I feel like such a dunce. I remember when they first came out an there was that scare about whether they would be available given Toys R Us was closing and bla, bla, bla... long story short, I ended up shelling out $40 for them, and then a short while later, my Madame Hooch got nicked. It was heartbreaking. :cry_sad:

5 hours ago, FastFlash said:

my Madame Hooch got nicked.

How? And why Hooch? Slughorn and Umbridge are so much more desirable :laugh_hard:

Do you guys think the new hard batman-cape will be used in future WW sets? Maybe in the CMF for characters with a cape; dementor, Gilderoy Lockhart etc :shrug_oh_well:

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

Do you guys think the new hard batman-cape will be used in future WW sets? Maybe in the CMF for characters with a cape; dementor, Gilderoy Lockhart etc :shrug_oh_well:

Nope, Batmans cowl is part of the mold and unless someone in FB3 for some reason wears a Batman costume I don't see why they would reuse the mold outside of the DC theme

9 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Nope, Batmans cowl is part of the mold and unless someone in FB3 for some reason wears a Batman costume I don't see why they would reuse the mold outside of the DC theme

I‘d pay good money to see that :laugh_hard: 

Seriously though, even if the cape was separate from the cowl, I wouldn‘t want it to appear elsewhere. If fits for Batman, whose cape is often very rubbery (especially in the Batman film the set in question is based on), but capes like that would look quite awkward on other characters. Plus, it‘d be very inconsistent with the ones we previously got :sceptic:

21 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Nope, Batmans cowl is part of the mold

OK, did not know that, then it is off course no issue :blush:

On 10/20/2019 at 9:39 PM, Bugbot20082 said:

Hi guys, I just wanted to give a heads up on a project I have been working on... 

I'm so exited for the new revamped theme I have gone ahead and done some experimental work on what I imagine some future sets might look like.

Specifically how the rest of the complete and film-accurate Hogwarts castle structure might be built. I'm working on the basis of the new system style: 'modules' of castle sets combining with each other, and each individually being a stand-alone 'dolls-house' in build style. 

The image below is of some 'microscale' prototypes showing what some of the future castle building sections might look. They are the Astronomy Tower, the Long Gallery (two sets combined), the Training grounds Tower, and two bits of castle winch combine to form the 'Quad'.  

When I'm ready I will create a new thread and post the full details :)

Hogwarts Castle Preview

It’s okay bro, I appreciate your work. I think it looks really good and id be excited to buy the sets if they ended up like this :)