Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

It would make more sense for lego to select a character they already know has a very small chance of appearing in a future set. Like one of the many outfits Lockhart wears. Maybe even St. Oswald's Lockhart? Though that's only in the book I really hope lego makes some book-only characters in the future

Not really possible due to straitjacket, but technically there is a version of Lockhart in hospital shown in the movies. And it's St. Mungo's :wink:

I really hope it's not someone as desirable as Lockhart, although if the silhouette does represent the fig and not just a place holder, there isn't that many characters to choose from. Most likely it is a version of Harry (year seven or epilogue judging from the regular legs), it could also be Cormac McLaggen, Tom Riddle (diary memory), OotP Dudley. From adult characters, really only Gilderoy comes to mind right now *huh* Maybe Theseus Scamander, although I doubt they would choose someone from FB. My bet right now would be Dudley

2 hours ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

That's why I think we aren't going to get many, if any, characters in the second cmf series, as some new characters (ie. Nagini, Vinda Rosier, Skender) have little to no development or screen time which might make them less likely to be made into minifigures.

I mean, Flitwick and Dean arguably have little to no development and screen time as well, and they were in series 1. 

1 hour ago, BenderBrau said:

Not really possible due to straitjacket, but technically there is a version of Lockhart in hospital shown in the movies. And it's St. Mungo's :wink:

I really hope it's not someone as desirable as Lockhart, although if the silhouette does represent the fig and not just a place holder, there isn't that many characters to choose from. Most likely it is a version of Harry (year seven or epilogue judging from the regular legs), it could also be Cormac McLaggen, Tom Riddle (diary memory), OotP Dudley. From adult characters, really only Gilderoy comes to mind right now *huh* Maybe Theseus Scamander, although I doubt they would choose someone from FB. My bet right now would be Dudley

Wow, somehow I have never seen that post-credit scene. Didn't even know it existed! I personally wouldn't mind this version with just normal white arms

1 minute ago, Accio Lego said:

I mean, Flitwick and Dean arguably have little to no development and screen time as well, and they were in series 1. 

You can add Cho and Trelawney to that list too. Possibly Dobby as well, though he does have a little more development than the others

4 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

You can add Cho and Trelawney to that list too. Possibly Dobby as well, though he does have a little more development than the others

Those did spring to mind as well - along with Cedric - although their presence at least had more impact on certain movies. Madam Hooch from the bricktober pack is another example. When you think about it, some characters on loads of people’s series 2 wishlists - like Professor Sprout, Madam Pomfrey or Rita Skeeter - are also pretty inconsequential narrative wise. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, the popularity and appearance of a character is more important when making a cmf lineup, and frankly, the inclusion of Fantastic Beasts characters in series 2 will have more to do with whether or not Lego plans to continue that them than whether they think the characters they’d be making were ‘important enough’. 

On 10/15/2019 at 8:21 AM, Guyon2002 said:

That's an incredibly good way to waste some spots...

:tongue: I totally agree, I just don’t think we’d get “19 Years Later” Harry without eventually getting his classmates/new extended family.  Who knows, though.  

EDIT: A bit off topic, but Amazon US currently has Newt's Case of Magical Creatures for only $28, which is an insanely good deal for a phenomenal set (which will likely soon be retired), regardless of how you feel about the movie.

Edited by RogueTwo

4 hours ago, BenderBrau said:

I significantly doubt Lego would make a design of a character from a post credit scene, especially as the character is in a straight jacket (and I don't think plain white arms would look the part). If they do make Gilderoy Lockhart, they've got plenty of different coloured robed throughout the film to choose from.

Wow, I haven’t been active on here in a while and just read through everything I missed. I’m happy about the exclusive figure coming, since the other books have just had repeated characters from sets. Even if you don’t want to pay for the book you can always BrickLink the figure! I’m expecting more sets to be released next summer than just the four we know about- I feel like in both 2018 and 2019, we learn about four/five sets early and then as we get closer to summer we get rumors of more sets that end up being true (Hogwarts Express, Quidditch Match, Rise of Voldemort, Beauxbatons Carriage). I’m dying for a new Chamber of Secrets set, though, and I’d love the Durmstrang Ship and Second Task from GoF so I’m kind of hoping they take a break to go fill in gaps with this wave, although I’d also be fine with gaps being filled after they’ve worked their way through all 8 movies. 

This theme is probably the best theme for me personally in a long time, the sets are great with terrific value for money. I'm also pretty happy with the way the distribution is going, of course getting sets twice a year instead of once would be nicer but I feel like this way people have more time to get all the sets and won't have to sacrifice on any for budget reasons.

Will be interesting to see what we'll get next year. I'm also hoping that in the CMF we'll see some Fantastic Beast figures based on the Crimes of Grindelwald movie, it might not have been everyone's cup of tea but the characters all look very impressive aesthetic wise. Lastly is there a wish list thread for this theme because I cannot seem to locate it and I always love reading what people come up with for future sets.

Edited by TheBrickBuilder14

2 minutes ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

and won't have to sacrifice on any for budget reasons.

Guess I'm not one of those people :tongue:  Though I collect way more than just Harry Potter so compromises have to be made!

8 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Wow, somehow I have never seen that post-credit scene. Didn't even know it existed! I personally wouldn't mind this version with just normal white arms

Not that Lego would ever do that, but this version could go in CMF, with a special torso mold for the straight jacket, or something similar to a cast that would connect to both hands simultaneously (or replace them). It could actually be the only chance for an "asylum patient" fig, as normally it would be too mature for Lego. Dammit, I need to stop dreaming:innocent2:

8 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Wow, I haven’t been active on here in a while and just read through everything I missed. I’m happy about the exclusive figure coming, since the other books have just had repeated characters from sets. Even if you don’t want to pay for the book you can always BrickLink the figure! I’m expecting more sets to be released next summer than just the four we know about- I feel like in both 2018 and 2019, we learn about four/five sets early and then as we get closer to summer we get rumors of more sets that end up being true (Hogwarts Express, Quidditch Match, Rise of Voldemort, Beauxbatons Carriage). I’m dying for a new Chamber of Secrets set, though, and I’d love the Durmstrang Ship and Second Task from GoF so I’m kind of hoping they take a break to go fill in gaps with this wave, although I’d also be fine with gaps being filled after they’ve worked their way through all 8 movies. 

True, unfortunately, though bricklinking the figure usually means paying the same price as the book and the figure in my experience though... or waiting like 10 months.

It's highly unlikely but what if lego uses the exact same CMF format for Series 2 as they did for Series 1? What would your lists look like with that format?

The format being:

3 variants of the main trio - Harry, Ron, Hermione

7 students - Harry (invisibility cloak), Draco, Luna, Neville, Cho, Dean, Cedric

5 Hogwarts staff members - Dumbledore, Trelawney, Flitwick, Moody, Dobby

1 random villain - Voldemort

6 Fantastic Beasts characters - Newt, Tina, Queenie, Jacob, Credence, Graves

It's highly unlikely but what if lego uses the exact same CMF format for Series 2 as they did for Series 1? What would your lists look like with that format?

The format being:

7 students - Harry (invisibility cloak), Draco, Luna, Neville, Cho, Dean, Cedric

Not to mention there being characters and variants from across the entire series. Most people are making wishlists only from 4-5 but realistically if series 1 is anything to go by, they will be representing the entire film series

4 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Not to mention there being characters and variants from across the entire series. Most people are making wishlists only from 4-5 but realistically if series 1 is anything to go by, they will be representing the entire film series

Yeah otherwise it wouldn't make sense for year 4+ only

Between the sets and the CMF series, I’m really just hoping for a decent amount of Death Eaters, Order members, and Weasleys. Bonus characters like Kreacher, Pomfrey, Myrtle, and Dursley’s are, of course, always welcome.

5 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

The format being:

I don’t think this will stay exactly the same, because the first series was focused on movies 1-4. The exception being fan favorite Luna Lovegood, who was in the outfit she wore in HBP on the Hogwarts Express, and Lego would have known at the time they weren’t going to be doing a HBP version of the train anytime soon. I’m pretty sure the reason they focused on the first four movies is because series 1 was designed alongside the 2018 wave featuring years 1-2 and the designers also probably had a shortlist of sets which would be included in this year’s wave as well - hence choices like Pajamas Harry, Quidditch Draco, Trelawney, Moody, Dobby, Third Task Cedric, etc. Characters that the designers would know were either important to the plot or fit into planned sets but wouldn’t make it into actual set line ups. 

In contrast, this time Lego has both a list of characters that never made it into the last two years of sets, as well as a list of niche characters who probably won’t make it into the next two years of sets. Characters from movies 5-8 are also on the table now, and that’s the big thing that’s going to throw off those student to faculty numbers - starting in OotP there are a whole lot more adult characters who aren’t affiliated with Hogwarts. 

(That being said, oddly enough the numbers in my wishlist/prediction list are surprisingly close to this)

2 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

I don’t think this will stay exactly the same, because the first series was focused on movies 1-4. The exception being fan favorite Luna Lovegood, who was in the outfit she wore in HBP on the Hogwarts Express, and Lego would have known at the time they weren’t going to be doing a HBP version of the train anytime soon. I’m pretty sure the reason they focused on the first four movies is because series 1 was designed alongside the 2018 wave featuring years 1-2 and the designers also probably had a shortlist of sets which would be included in this year’s wave as well - hence choices like Pajamas Harry, Quidditch Draco, Trelawney, Moody, Dobby, Third Task Cedric, etc. Characters that the designers would know were either important to the plot or fit into planned sets but wouldn’t make it into actual set line ups. 

In contrast, this time Lego has both a list of characters that never made it into the last two years of sets, as well as a list of niche characters who probably won’t make it into the next two years of sets. Characters from movies 5-8 are also on the table now, and that’s the big thing that’s going to throw off those student to faculty numbers - starting in OotP there are a whole lot more adult characters who aren’t affiliated with Hogwarts. 

(That being said, oddly enough the numbers in my wishlist/prediction list are surprisingly close to this)

Voldemort was also from 5-8 and Cho was from 5. 

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

37 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Voldemort was also from 5-8 and Cho was from 5. 

Uh... Voldemort and Cho were both in Goblet of Fire? In those outfits?

Hi guys, I just wanted to give a heads up on a project I have been working on... 

I'm so exited for the new revamped theme I have gone ahead and done some experimental work on what I imagine some future sets might look like.

Specifically how the rest of the complete and film-accurate Hogwarts castle structure might be built. I'm working on the basis of the new system style: 'modules' of castle sets combining with each other, and each individually being a stand-alone 'dolls-house' in build style. 

The image below is of some 'microscale' prototypes showing what some of the future castle building sections might look. They are the Astronomy Tower, the Long Gallery (two sets combined), the Training grounds Tower, and two bits of castle winch combine to form the 'Quad'.  

When I'm ready I will create a new thread and post the full details :)

Hogwarts Castle Preview

9 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Uh... Voldemort and Cho were both in Goblet of Fire? In those outfits?

GoF Voldy is the one we got in the Graveyard set, with the black robes. The greenish robes we got in the CMF are worn in the later movies

Sorry to derail the 2020 discussion a bit, but I just noticed something in the recent sets. There is some inconsistency in the way TLG uses the new articulated medium-sized legs. They use them in all the Prisoner of Azkaban sets this year, but in last year's Hogwarts Express which is also based on Prisoner they use the younger, short legged versions of Harry and friends. You could argue that they grew up over the course of that school year, but the Knight Bus set which represents a scene prior to the train scene has Harry with the medium legs. So which set do you think has the wrong legs?

Sorry if this has already been discussed.

4 minutes ago, Oky said:

Sorry to derail the 2020 discussion a bit, but I just noticed something in the recent sets. There is some inconsistency in the way TLG uses the new articulated medium-sized legs. They use them in all the Prisoner of Azkaban sets this year, but in last year's Hogwarts Express which is also based on Prisoner they use the younger, short legged versions of Harry and friends. You could argue that they grew up over the course of that school year, but the Knight Bus set which represents a scene prior to the train scene has Harry with the medium legs. So which set do you think has the wrong legs?

Sorry if this has already been discussed.

I think Hogwarts Express only used short legs as all the others in that wave used short legs, and no sets (excluding the CMF) used medium legs at that point in time.

1 minute ago, Agent Kallus said:

I think Hogwarts Express only used short legs as all the others in that wave used short legs, and no sets (excluding the CMF) used medium legs at that point in time.

Yeah, but why? The CMFs came out around the same time as the sets, or even earlier, so it's not like they didn't have the medium legs available. It just seems like they didn't think this through.

54 minutes ago, Oky said:

Yeah, but why? The CMFs came out around the same time as the sets, or even earlier, so it's not like they didn't have the medium legs available. It just seems like they didn't think this through.

The CMF series was released after the main wave of sets, either two months or one, depending on the territory :wink: I think the cause for the leg-discrepancy is budgetary in nature. One of the set designers admitted in an interview that last year's sets went over-budget, which even went so far as leeching off of some of Jurassic World's budget. The CMF series have their own independent budget I think, which is probably why they introduced the mould there instead, sparing their main theme budget. Why they couldn't just delay the sets (or release the CMF series earlier) is another question... What may serve as a possible answer is the circumstance that CMF series used to be manufactured in separate facilities back then (not anymore since the TLM2 series), which probably made reusing CMF parts in regular sets a lot trickier. Wasn't there always quite a delay between the introduction of new CMF moulds and their later repurposing in regular sets? :classic:

GoF Voldy is the one we got in the Graveyard set, with the black robes. The greenish robes we got in the CMF are worn in the later movies

You’re probably right, I can never remember the color of his robes in that scene because it’s so dark