Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

I'm actually kinda disappointed with the reveal of this book. I'm all for the exclusive figures accompanying these things but the books themselves are just..... not for me

4 hours ago, Bugbot20082 said:

Ooo, another guessing game!

My guesses: James Potter or old Harry 

I was thinking along these exact same lines

Judging by the hairpiece (it could still just be a stand in silhouette but I’m gonna run with it for now) I’m thinking:

”19 Years Later” Harry

James Potter

Tom Riddle

Fred/George Weasley

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

16 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Have you seen it more than once?
The first time I saw it I thought is was hard to follow with a lot of details put in (since there is no book that have them instead), but now I have seen it 3 times and think it is better every time :classic:
Definitely not a bad film, but with to many details to take in for only one look...

The Crimes of Grindelwald's main problem is lack of explanations. On a second viewing you can start piecing together aspects, but there are moments that still aren't explained: Is Abernathy a Metamorphmagi, or is it just powerful transfiguration? How long has Abernathy been posing as Grindelwald? Why is Newt the only one who can stop Grindelwald? Why can Newt perform all kinds of Magic we've never heard of before (golden dust tracking thing) that makes no sense? Why does Nagini have like 3 lines in the whole film? What happened to the 3 baby nifflers the film showed Newt taking them with him, but we don't see them again?

While other aspects of the film are really good: better soundtrack, better vfx, amazing acting. The main problem is unexplained moments of the film. Which makes a lot of the plot confusing, and is only slightly better on a rewatch.

I think COG will seem better once more of the films are out and we see the whole puzzle instead of just a couple pieces. That being said, it doesn’t justify the film being way too full of random plot points and characters by itself. I enjoyed it for what it was but I didn’t think it was made very well. But I guess this isn’t really the place to keep discussing the film. I honestly have no idea if they’ll make more FB sets. Personally, I’d like a couple more from COG or at least some CMF inclusions. 

You guys might be onto something, the exclusive minifig could very well be Harry from the epilogue... I know he‘s the eponymous character, but would it hurt to release an exclusive minifig that isn‘t a variation of him? :tongue:

Yeah, I'm curious about that books minifig since we heard about it some weeks ago. I quite like the "Old Harry" idea, since I also hope Lego never wastes a set on that one silly scene.

24 minutes ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

The Crimes of Grindelwald's main problem is lack of explanations. On a second viewing you can start piecing together aspects, but there are moments that still aren't explained: Is Abernathy a Metamorphmagi, or is it just powerful transfiguration? How long has Abernathy been posing as Grindelwald? Why is Newt the only one who can stop Grindelwald? Why can Newt perform all kinds of Magic we've never heard of before (golden dust tracking thing) that makes no sense? Why does Nagini have like 3 lines in the whole film? What happened to the 3 baby nifflers the film showed Newt taking them with him, but we don't see them again?

While other aspects of the film are really good: better soundtrack, better vfx, amazing acting. The main problem is unexplained moments of the film. Which makes a lot of the plot confusing, and is only slightly better on a rewatch.

1. Polyjuice potion?

2. Probably not too long as Picuery said they needed to change Grindy's guards very often

3. Because he's the main character I guess?

4. Maybe because Newt is a Magizoologist and it's something only they use?

5. Don't have an answer for this, will probably be explained in future films

6. The ''old'' Niffler still had a pretty big part to play in the finale, maybe the babies needed a parent? I don't really know

I still believe this series should've been a couple of standalone stories with Grindelwald as the villain, especially as all the FB characters got a propper end to their arcs in the first film

Pretty sure the silhouette on the book cover is a placeholder.  That said, my guesses would be (since we have no other news to discuss):

-Updated Slug Club Harry with Marauder’s Map (this variant was included in a 2011 book, without the map)

-Harry with generic Hogwarts robes (before he is sorted)

-Old Harry is a wonderful idea, but then what about Ron, Hermione, Ginny, and Draco?  I guess there’s always the CMF

Just now, RogueTwo said:

-Old Harry is a wonderful idea, but then what about Ron, Hermione, Ginny, and Draco?  I guess there’s always the CMF

That's an incredibly good way to waste some spots...

1 hour ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

Agree, they tried to put too many things on a single movie and lots of the felt felt rushed or unexplained.  But in my opinion the movie doesn't work because it is a narrative mess. It should be about Credence looking for his family and finally falling into the darkness. Unfortunately they edited out Credence scenes to make it a more typical romantic story. So the first half of the movie ended being a pointless rom com with Newt, Tina, Kowalski and Queenie; and the second half everything feels rushed because they edited out half of Credence, Nagini and Leta scenes. 

After watching the deleted scenes you realize that it was indeed a good story, just badly telled.

7 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Great find! What’s especially interesting about this is the outline of the minifig: the placeholder is usually just a pure black ‚bald’ minifig, but in this case, it has a hairpiece (namely the 2016 Superman hair). I don‘t think it‘s there just for fun, so the eventual minifig will most likely wear it as well. 

Any guesses who this might be? I‘m thinking Lockhart would fit the bill :sweet: Even if it‘s not him, at least we‘ll finally get a book with an exclusive minifig that isn‘t Harry :snicker:

Thank you! My guess is it's another version of Harry wearing some sort of exclusive uniform bla-bla-bla. That seems to be the case in most of these books in the HP franchise. But I'm really hoping for someone we don't have yet, or a recreation of a character from the old HP line like Fenrir Greyback.

8 minutes ago, FastFlash said:

Thank you! My guess is it's another version of Harry wearing some sort of exclusive uniform bla-bla-bla. That seems to be the case in most of these books in the HP franchise. But I'm really hoping for someone we don't have yet, or a recreation of a character from the old HP line like Fenrir Greyback.

I hope it's just a variant of a character that doesn't really fit in a set. These books are quite expensive imo and most people only buy it for the figure, it would be pretty crappy on lego's part if they put an exclusive character in there. A variant would be much better because 1) people willing to buy the book get a cool, new variant and 2) people who don't want to buy the book aren't missing out on much

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

I hope it's just a variant of a character that doesn't really fit in a set. These books are quite expensive imo and most people only buy it for the figure, it would be pretty crappy on lego's part if they put an exclusive character in there. A variant would be much better because 1) people willing to buy the book get a cool, new variant and 2) people who don't want to buy the book aren't missing out on much

Either way I’ll buy it. So personally, I’d rather it be a new character entirely, even though I don’t think it will be. They typically do variants for these kinds of things. 

Please keep this to discussions of LEGO and not full-blown discussions of the original or new films. Thanks :thumbup:

5 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Yeah, but they've done it before, like in the case of John Stewart. I tend to think it would be a variant of Harry though. That hair could work with him.

58 minutes ago, Magnum said:

The minifig could also be Tom Riddle, he has a Superman haircut. 

He is pretty essential to the scenes taking place in the Chamber of Secrets so lego will most likely reserve him for that set in case they want to make it in the future

9 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

He is pretty essential to the scenes taking place in the Chamber of Secrets so lego will most likely reserve him for that set in case they want to make it in the future

If they follow the books it will take at least three years before a CoS set will be made. By then we already forgot about the exclusive minifig. LEGO already gave us the basilisk in the great hall set. 

27 minutes ago, Magnum said:

LEGO already gave us the basilisk in the great hall set. 

That do not rule out the possibility that we get a basilisk in a future set, with that logic you can say we got a HP minifig in one set so we can not get him in another :tongue:
On the other hand you have a point. If i remember correctly the designers had selected 20 sets they could make for the WW before the first wave. Wave one was year 1-2 and since they put the basilisk in the GH set, they clearly decided against making CoS the first round. Since the sets are selling extremely well Lego will off-course keep making them so we can definitely get a CoS set in a future wave. It is also a hint that so far we have not gotten any of the Cos figs anywhere else not even Ginny, so they are probably saving them for a future CoS set or at least keeping the possibility open to make one later :wink:

It was an example of how a figure can appear in a set and still be in a future set. 

6 minutes ago, Magnum said:

It was an example of how a figure can appear in a set and still be in a future set. 

It would make more sense for lego to select a character they already know has a very small chance of appearing in a future set. Like one of the many outfits Lockhart wears. Maybe even St. Oswald's Lockhart? Though that's only in the book I really hope lego makes some book-only characters in the future

Edited by Guyon2002

I hope not, cause does that mean ollivander, hooch and umbridge would not be in a future set? 

17 minutes ago, Magnum said:

OK, then i misunderstood you :blush:

Regarding the book fig, it is probably another Harry or one of the other main figs as usual..
I find it strange that we in this theme have almost as many books as all the other ones combined, but so far only 1 polybag and 1 GWP set and no one this year :wacko: E.g. frozen 2 just got a a polybag and a GWP set..
A excellent polybag would be a dementor with a new patronus animal :wink:

48 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

...A excellent polybag would be a dementor with a new patronus animal :wink:

That would be neat, but instead a dementor how about Luna and that rabbit patronus she made in the The Room of Requirement ?

Maybe with a build of a training dummy as well?

19 hours ago, Riku said:

Unfortunately they edited out Credence scenes to make it a more typical romantic story. So the first half of the movie ended being a pointless rom com with Newt, Tina, Kowalski and Queenie; and the second half everything feels rushed because they edited out half of Credence, Nagini and Leta scenes. 

After watching the deleted scenes you realize that it was indeed a good story, just badly telled.

That's why I think we aren't going to get many, if any, characters in the second cmf series, as some new characters (ie. Nagini, Vinda Rosier, Skender) have little to no development or screen time which might make them less likely to be made into minifigures.