Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

Are you sure the owl‘s from Harry Potter? There‘s no way parts from June 2020 are already leaking *huh* 

The way I see it, this either has to be from another theme (Hidden Side?) or there‘s HP sets coming in 1HY, which wouldn‘t make any sense since we‘d know about that by now. Unless it‘s a D2C of course, but if there was one next year, they’d surely release it along with the rest of the summer wave :wacko:

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

Are you sure the owl‘s from Harry Potter? There‘s no way parts from June 2020 are already leaking *huh* 

The way I see it, this either has to be from another theme (Hidden Side?) or there‘s HP sets coming in 1HY, which wouldn‘t make any sense since we‘d know about that by now. Unless it‘s a D2C of course, but if there was one next year, they’d surely release it along with the rest of the summer wave :wacko:

The only lego theme were owls are prominent is Harry Potter and it does kinda look like Errol. As for the sets themselves I still don't believe we won't get any sets untill summer, why would those setnumbers leak more than 9 months before release? And D2C's always have a weird release date that differs from the normal waves, the Hogwarts D2C released 2 months after the theme started so it's entirely possible for this owl to be from HP

Just now, Bugbot20082 said:

Maybe the owl is part of a new Lego book?

If that was the case they would've certainly reused an existing owl, not make an entirely new print (and I believe this is also a brand new color for the mold)

Seen the owl now and it do not look like Errol to me! He is a great grey owl, that new owl look very light so not sure what species it could be maybe a barn owl :sceptic:

Maybe Lego are making a set with the owl scene from PS combined with Marge in POA :tongue:

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

I agree, could be in a Hidden side set :classic:

Ah I see them now..

The dog is so cute! In an angry way :D. Cant wait to see that coloured into Marge’s dog. 

The owl I’m not sure... it’s a tan colour with specked chest, and is winking. It doesn’t look like Errol to me at all, but will be a nice addition to HP in any case 

Edited by Bugbot20082

Just now, Bugbot20082 said:

Ah I see them now..

The dog is so cute! In an angry way :D. Cant wait to see that coloured into Marge’s dog. 

The owl I’m not sure... it’s a tan colour with specked chest, and is winking. It doesn’t look like Errol to me at all, but will be a nice addition to HP in any case 

What tag are you seeing the bulldog in? I’m not seeing it in the usual ones I check. 

I’m not 100% sold on the winking owl being Harry Potter related. The strange expression means it’s more specific than just filling up space in an owlery, but it doesn’t look like any of the owls featured in the films. It’s nice to get the piece in a new color though. 

Just now, Accio Lego said:

What tag are you seeing the bulldog in? I’m not seeing it in the usual ones I check. 

I’m not 100% sold on the winking owl being Harry Potter related. The strange expression means it’s more specific than just filling up space in an owlery, but it doesn’t look like any of the owls featured in the films. It’s nice to get the piece in a new color though. 

#legoleaks and check the stories 

28 minutes ago, Bugbot20082 said:

#legoleaks and check the stories 

I don’t understand how that works ... 

10 minutes ago, williejm said:

I don’t understand how that works ... 

On Mobile hashtags used in stories are visible if you click the round image top left corner. 

If no luck then wait a few hours as more people put them openly on their pages 

Taking another look at the owl alongside a picture of Errol I agree they aren't the same. So this owl could easily be from a theme like Hidden Side

These two animal leaks are definitely both very odd. Both are much more expressive than normal with the winking owl and bulldog with angry eyebrows. Just judging by the amount of detail its plausible they could be part of a Harry Potter set, which has had a lot of detailed animals in the last year. Is it possibly they could come in a set that wouldn't normally be shown in a catalogue such as an exclusive set, or a 4+ set or even a Harry Potter movie maker set based around Privet Drive? 

11 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

These two animal leaks are definitely both very odd. Both are much more expressive than normal with the winking owl and bulldog with angry eyebrows. Just judging by the amount of detail its plausible they could be part of a Harry Potter set, which has had a lot of detailed animals in the last year. Is it possibly they could come in a set that wouldn't normally be shown in a catalogue such as an exclusive set, or a 4+ set or even a Harry Potter movie maker set based around Privet Drive? 

The bulldog definitely isn’t Harry Potter. In addition to the angry expression he’s also got a gold tooth. Clearly meant to be a specific character (and not Ripper). My guess is Hidden Side, since it’s got a similar feel to their quirky original characters. 

The owl might be hidden side as well, since owls sort of fit into the whole ‘spooky’ theme. I can’t think why it would be winking like that for a Harry Potter set. 

For that matter, has there been any announcement about a Halloween set other than the ghost brickheadz?  The new owl would work well in something like that, but it seems to close to the holiday for it. 

I think the key to finding out where the owl is from is its right eye. Is the owl winking, having a twitchy eye or is it one-eyed? Either way, this suggests it’s a specific owl (i.e. a character) rather than simply a generic owl. 

Still, I can’t think of any named owl in the HP movies with any of these traits and it’s definitely not Errol :shrug_oh_well: So maybe Hidden Side introduces animal sidekicks next year (which would also explain the bulldog)? Or is there an obscure DC character with a pet owl? :snicker:

I could imagine, that the bulldog belongs to the creator expert modular building that is due in January. That would fit the time of the leak and last years modular also had animals (parrot, bunny and shepherd). The leaked "robber", that came along with the bulldog could also fit the modular building.

I guess the owl doesn't look old enough to be in a possible Winnie the pooh ideas set, does it? Because one reached the 10.000 votes lately.

22 minutes ago, julesvincent said:

I guess the owl doesn't look old enough to be in a possible Winnie the pooh ideas set, does it? Because one reached the 10.000 votes lately.

That project has recently gone under review alongside 9 other sets and the results aren't coming out untill early 2020. When they announce the results it usually takes half a year or more for a set to actually appear on shelves. So IF the Winnie the Pooh project becomes a set it wouldn't be on shelves untill late 2020

In know that the regular Ideas timeframes work like that, but Steamboat Willie was like already on shelves, pretty much right after the announcement. As this is also Disney this COULD happen ;)

Just now, julesvincent said:

In know that the regular Ideas timeframes work like that, but Steamboat Willie was like already on shelves, pretty much right after the announcement. As this is also Disney this COULD happen ;)

Except this owl looks NOTHING like Owl :tongue: 

10 hours ago, julesvincent said:

I could imagine, that the bulldog belongs to the creator expert modular building that is due in January.

I may come in a modular set, but they do not have new moulds so then it has to be made for another theme first.. I still have not seen the bulldog, but if it has angry eyes and a gold tooth it is clearly made to look like a character with a personality and the modulars have a more realistic view on animals..

Is it easy with a different more realistic printing to make it look like Ripper?

23 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

The only Weasley we currently have from the theme reboot is Ron, so the remaining family numbers more than just ‘a few’. Likewise, Bellatrix is hardly the only Death Eater we’re missing - with Lucius Malfoy being the most obvious but several other named DEs being prime candidates for villain fodder. There’s also loads of student characters, who are going to be popular for their uniforms, and Susan Bones and Seamus Finnigan making it into sets last year means that we all have the right to hope our favorite minor students will sneak into the line ups as well. There’s also a handful of ghosts and teachers that haven’t been made yet to round up the Hogwarts crew. Not to mention Tonks, Kingsley and the rest of the Order of the Phoenix who were all sadly skipped over during the theme’s first run through. Add in little incidental characters like Rita Skeeter or Xenophilius Lovegood or Griphook or the Dursley’s or Mrs. Figg - well, you get the idea. 

Sure, I agree about Lucius and all of those other characters you mentioned. At the same time, I feel like what you mentioned is at the most three waves. Hardly enough to be able to keep doing this on a consistent basis, especially if there is a CMF series, which is 16-20 figures. Harry Potter isn't like Star Wars or Marvel in the sense that there is much less source material to pull from and new characters aren't constantly being created (unless you count FB, but even then, that's not the same.)