Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

The next wave of Harry Potter sets isn’t coming till the summer. We won’t know much if anything about them for a few more months

Thanks for clarifying that!

22 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

The next wave of Harry Potter sets isn’t coming till the summer. We won’t know much if anything about them for a few more months

That's depressing.

Just now, FastFlash said:

That's depressing.

Yep. No sun or new HP Lego for eight months. Dark times indeed. ??

Edited by BacktoBricks

Shame about that :( I was hoping for something new in spring perhaps

But I hope it means this this theme will be more of a slow-burn, long lasting nature...

By my calculations there is enough source material I think for max 4 more years worth of sets without any major repeats of principle builds/set names... that is if they literally do EVERYTHING and plan it carefully in advance now (do a ‘castle module’ chamber of secrets set, a ‘castle module’ forbidden corridor playset, do a set of every wizard ‘household’ visited in the movies, construct a modular Hogsmead village and Diagon alley etc).

45 minutes ago, Bugbot20082 said:

Shame about that :( I was hoping for something new in spring perhaps

But I hope it means this this theme will be more of a slow-burn, long lasting nature...

By my calculations there is enough source material I think for max 4 more years worth of sets without any major repeats of principle builds/set names... that is if they literally do EVERYTHING and plan it carefully in advance now (do a ‘castle module’ chamber of secrets set, a ‘castle module’ forbidden corridor playset, do a set of every wizard ‘household’ visited in the movies, construct a modular Hogsmead village and Diagon alley etc).

By the time they've finished up their first run of all the movies they will probably start doing rereleases, and after that we're also still missing a lot of sets. If done properly they could easily keep this theme going for a decade, especially since remakes aren't as redundant/unnecessary for the Harry Potter theme as with other themes. If they rerelease the Great Hall (with some spicy figures to get people who have the older set to buy it) you can just use it's pieces to expand Hogwarts, that's one of the benefits of having a gigantic castle as your main location :wink:

I dont see why not give hp the Star Wars/marvel treatment. Just give us 8 sets every year or more. We will buy it! 

59 minutes ago, Magnum said:

I dont see why not give hp the Star Wars/marvel treatment. Just give us 8 sets every year or more. We will buy it! 

Because 1) Marvel's quality is at an all-time low and 2) Star Wars sets are 99% rereleases. It may be a slow burn for the HP theme but at least we know it will be around for quite some time and everything we do get is all high-quality stuff

1 hour ago, Magnum said:

At the risk of starting a war in the comments here, I feel like if Lego did two runs of HP sets, they'd be scratching their heads after a while trying to figure out what to make. After all, as is they've already covered a good amount of the HP theme, and though I want more sets, I would much rather have the theme be "evergreen" than die out like the last two times they tried to make HP sets. I'm personally really curious to see what figures they make for the new wave, because other than new versions of existing characters, maybe Bellatrix Lestrange, Lockheart, some random death eaters, a few more members of the Weasley family, and probably a character or two from Fantastic Beasts I'm not sure who else they could make. I'll be really happy if someone corrects me for being wrong here. 

And on a separate note, I'm really hoping they make some sets of the tasks from the Philosopher's Stone. They'd probably be brilliant.

There are lots of characters we haven't got yet: Ginny, Fred, George, Molly, Arthur, Bill, Percy, Tonks, Kingsley, Kreacher, Lockhart, Myrtle, Lucius Malfoy, Narcissa Malfoy, Bellatrix, more death eaters, more students, eg Crabbe, Goyle, Lavender, Patil twins... there's loads!

9 minutes ago, FastFlash said:

I'm personally really curious to see what figures they make for the new wave, because other than new versions of existing characters, maybe Bellatrix Lestrange, Lockheart, some random death eaters, a few more members of the Weasley family, and probably a character or two from Fantastic Beasts I'm not sure who else they could make. I'll be really happy if someone corrects me for being wrong here. 

The only Weasley we currently have from the theme reboot is Ron, so the remaining family numbers more than just ‘a few’. Likewise, Bellatrix is hardly the only Death Eater we’re missing - with Lucius Malfoy being the most obvious but several other named DEs being prime candidates for villain fodder. There’s also loads of student characters, who are going to be popular for their uniforms, and Susan Bones and Seamus Finnigan making it into sets last year means that we all have the right to hope our favorite minor students will sneak into the line ups as well. There’s also a handful of ghosts and teachers that haven’t been made yet to round up the Hogwarts crew. Not to mention Tonks, Kingsley and the rest of the Order of the Phoenix who were all sadly skipped over during the theme’s first run through. Add in little incidental characters like Rita Skeeter or Xenophilius Lovegood or Griphook or the Dursley’s or Mrs. Figg - well, you get the idea. 

1 hour ago, Magnum said:

There's really not a lot to do so, there's no expansive and growing roster of vehicles and locations they can pull from (Star Wars, DC Comics) and they can't toss in random original creations for sets (Marvel, JP). A lot of HP's sets are locations, most that won't fit into smaller sets. Plus right now the quality of the HP line is very good, it'd be better if the time is taken to preserve that quality. 

I see your points. I still think it could work to have a normal movie set release and do something special once or twice an year. Like for winter release a hogsmeade village winter scene or shop. It won’t affect the creator winter village line cause they have city and friends winter sets too. And perhaps release every year a shop from diagon alley or knockturn alley. 

A new bulldog has leaked; all white with a red collar. It's way too early to be a 2020 HP leak, but the mould will be perfect for Aunt Marge's bulldog Ripper in a future Privet Drive set (fingers crossed!).

18 minutes ago, Felkin said:

A new bulldog has leaked; all white with a red collar. It's way too early to be a 2020 HP leak, but the mould will be perfect for Aunt Marge's bulldog Ripper in a future Privet Drive set (fingers crossed!).

Or the CMF. I could only see us getting Privet Drive again in a ''Privit Drive escape'' set based on COS

1 hour ago, Felkin said:

Is it the same mould that have been in 2 CMF series or a new mould?

13 hours ago, Magnum said:

This might be an unpopular opinion, but I much prefer HP's fewer set treatment, I feel like we get a higher quality and quality > quantity.

A new owl just leaked, which I believe to be Errol judging by the disheveled look and twitchy eye. Combining this with the Ripper-esque bulldog that leaked yesterday, it's starting to seem pretty clear that we are getting HP sets early next year. (Pieces don't leak 10 months in advance.)

30 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Is it the same mould that have been in 2 CMF series or a new mould?

New mould; it has a red collar, floppy ears rather than the upright ears of the earlier CMF bulldog, and a stud on it's back. It's a bit weird Lego would make another bulldog mould, so either it's a fake, or it's part of a new HP line alongside the leaked disheveled owl which may be Errol. Ripper is only in Prisoner of Azkaban, and Errol is mostly seen in Chamber of Secrets, so maybe we're getting some sets based on the earlier films instead of, or in addition to, the expected Order of the Phoenix / Half-Blood Prince sets in summer 2020.

Interesting, and good to hear! The Owl especially sounds like a HP item 

I’ll be very surprised if Lego makes a Dursley house with the main event being aunt Marge blowing up (how could that be accomplished?). I had speculated the 4 members would be in the CMF...

Just now, Bugbot20082 said:

I had speculated the 4 members would be in the CMF...

That would be a waste of 4 spots imo. None of those characters need any new molds and you can fairly easily throw them in a COS Privet Drive Escape set (most people wouldn't care if Marge doesn't actually appear in that movie). I'd rather get 4 more interesting characters that desperately need new molds

16 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

That would be a waste of 4 spots imo. None of those characters need any new molds and you can fairly easily throw them in a COS Privet Drive Escape set (most people wouldn't care if Marge doesn't actually appear in that movie). I'd rather get 4 more interesting characters that desperately need new molds

If they plan do to a privet drive set then yes, no point having the 3 Dursley’s in CMF 

I’m A bit against it being CoS themed however, it’s too soon for me to have another flying car

1 minute ago, Bugbot20082 said:

If they plan do to a privet drive set then yes, no point having the 3 Dursley’s in CMF 

I’m A bit against it being CoS themed however, it’s too soon for me to have another flying car

Lego wants to have playfeatures in sets, other than the CoS Escape and Harry blowing up Aunt Marge there isn't really much to do. And if they decided to base it on PoA I really don't know how that Marge thing could work. And I wouldn't mind to get Privet Drive with the exact same car from the Willow set, that car has so many great pieces!

12 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

A new owl just leaked, which I believe to be Errol judging by the disheveled look and twitchy eye. Combining this with the Ripper-esque bulldog that leaked yesterday, it's starting to seem pretty clear that we are getting HP sets early next year. (Pieces don't leak 10 months in advance.)

A new owl also :grin_wub: That is the same mould I guess :wink:

4 minutes ago, Felkin said:

New mould; it has a red collar, floppy ears rather than the upright ears of the earlier CMF bulldog, and a stud on it's back. It's a bit weird Lego would make another bulldog mould, so either it's a fake, or it's part of a new HP line alongside the leaked disheveled owl which may be Errol. Ripper is only in Prisoner of Azkaban, and Errol is mostly seen in Chamber of Secrets, so maybe we're getting some sets based on the earlier films instead of, or in addition to, the expected Order of the Phoenix / Half-Blood Prince sets in summer 2020.

:sweet: They are 2 diffrent breeds, where one is dobble the size of the other (in addition to the ears etc), it is problably bigger since they managed to put on a stud .. I agree it must be from HP, the mould budget put to good use :grin:

I do not find any of them on instagram :def_shrug:

The HP movies have enough to offer to support a Lego line for decades to come. Just look at what they just made in terms of sets for PoA and GoF alone (and what they did not - so much left out!). A similar treatment for the three later movies, plus all the stuff they have yet to do in the "current style" for the first four... that's not done before 2024. Thinking conservative here. Then there is always the option of remakes or D2C "luxury sets" on top of all that.

In short: Lego HP has enough to work with for years and years.

The actually important question is whether it sells for years and years...

15 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Lego wants to have playfeatures in sets, other than the CoS Escape and Harry blowing up Aunt Marge there isn't really much to do. And if they decided to base it on PoA I really don't know how that Marge thing could work. And I wouldn't mind to get Privet Drive with the exact same car from the Willow set, that car has so many great pieces!

I’ll leave it to LEGO And see what they come up with, i could live with it actually as the car has 3 separate scenes in different places in the film (house rescue, journey to Hogwarts, rescue from the forest). If they change it’s build I’ll make one the ‘wild’ forest version by adding some leaves ?

I could speculate the other option for a Privet drive set is an OotP version: bring the dementor attack to the Dursley front door, and maybe include the stag partunus again. The House build itself in any case should include features to facilitate playing out other movies:

-cupboard under the stairs with a bed

-letters falling out the fireplace

-floating cake

- removable bedroom window

Edited by Bugbot20082