Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

7 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Given every series seems to have 16 figures now I'm also expecting it to be 16 HP characters and no FB ones

You do realise that this assumption is based on one series, namely the DC one :tongue: Disney S2 had 18 minifigs, nobody expected S19 to have more than 16 and the DC series is „new“, so there was no preceding series to compare to. TLBM S1&2 don‘t count since they were part of the TLBM theme and the LEGO movie-based series follow different rules.

If anything, I‘d expect 22 minifigs again since so far, the amount of minifigs between series within the same theme has been consistent and in the few cases the amount changed, it was more than before, not less (S10 & S18).

6 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

You do realise that this assumption is based on one series, namely the DC one :tongue: Disney S2 had 18 minifigs, nobody expected S19 to have more than 16 and the DC series is „new“, so there was no preceding series to compare to. TLBM S1&2 don‘t count since they were part of the TLBM theme and the LEGO movie-based series follow different rules.

If anything, I‘d expect 22 minifigs again since so far, the amount of minifigs between series within the same theme has been consistent and in the few cases the amount changed, it was more than before, not less (S10 & S18).

Oof, totally forgot Disney S2 had 18 figs. My bad!

10 hours ago, RAMcGonagall said:

The 6th one for Fantastic Beasts should be Nicolas Flamel, he was important in Philosopher's Stone even tho we did not see him.

Definitely one of the suspects for the spot :wink:

10 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

I really don’t think you could do both a ferret and an otter with the same mold. Ferrets have triangular heads while otters have round heads that streamline into their bodies, and otters’ tails are much thicker and longer. They might both be from the weasel family, but they don’t enough alike to pass for one another. 

I think there’s a decent chance of getting Draco with a ferret in a cmf, but I think Hermione and her otter patronus are much more likely to show up in a DA set alongside other students with their patronuses (Ron and Luna come to mind, since the molds for their animals are small and already exist). 

Yes, no way that would work! Ferret is up to 55cm with a max weight of 1.5 kg, the otter could be 100 cm long and weigh up to 15 kg..

9 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

So apparantly the DC Comics CMF will be priced at 5 dollars a bag, which is way too much imo. It's pretty likely this is going to affect the Harry Potter CMF as well, though I can imagine DC's amount of sold bags being lowered to such a degree we might get the old price back for HP

8 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

A price hike would pretty much end me grabbing more than a handful of figures a series. $4 feels pretty high as it is.

6 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I sincerely hope the HP CMFs aren’t $5 per figure. 

Yes that is way too much if they increase it the same in Norway! 2 was fine, 3 becoming expensive, 4 is at the braking point, if they increase to 5 I will become very picky with what figs to buy. They better put at least 2 animals in every bag for that price :tongue:

Dont think we will get a cmf of Nicolaas Flamel. He’s a real historical person and might still have family members. We don’t even know if he died...lol! 

Just now, Magnum said:

Dont think we will get a cmf of Nicolaas Flamel. He’s a real historical person and might still have family members. We don’t even know if he died...lol! 

Abraham Lincoln, Apocalypse Abraham Lincoln, Shakespear. Just to name a few

All I know is commercial use of a famous person’s likeness to sell products is an infringement of the celebrity’s rights of publicity. 

28 minutes ago, Magnum said:

All I know is commercial use of a famous person’s likeness to sell products is an infringement of the celebrity’s rights of publicity. 

I think that ‘celebrity’ and ‘well known historical figure’ might legally  be defined differently in this case - speaking as an American who sees an obnoxious number of cartoon presidents slapped on advertisements during certain times of year... 

Not to mention the ‘Nicholas Flamel’ of the story might more accurately be considered a fictional character inspired by a historical figure, as opposed to a realistic depiction of the historical figure himself. 

Don’t get me wrong, I would love a Nicolaas Flamel figure. I just hope that TLG can pull it off. French laws are different than American or English laws. 

On a side note: Do we already know which month the 2020 sets are coming out? 

29 minutes ago, Magnum said:

On a side note: Do we already know which month the 2020 sets are coming out? 

We only know we are getting the CMF in august and at least 4 sets, but we don't know when those 4 will come out yet

The Nicolas Flamel in the films is fictitious so I don’t think there would be any issue there.  I haven’t personally got an interest in FB figs but Flamel would be nice to have for a HP display due to his lack of aging.  Assuming we get 16 HP figs I would like:

Vernon, Petunia and Dudley

Tonks, Kingsley and Kreacher

Moaning Myrtle, Lockhart, Madam Pomfrey

Percy, Bill and Lee Jordan

Rita Skeeter, Xenophilius, Mundungus and Tom the Barman

Although I reckon we’ll get another variant of the Trio again.

3 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

Remember, the first series had 22 characters, and if they had to cut it to 16 for whatever reason, I’d expect them to just get rid of the Fantastic Beasts characters entirely, since their sets haven’t been selling as well as the Harry Potter ones. 

I also don’t think we’re likely to get another Umbridge, we already got her in the bricktober pack and we’ll likely get her in an OotP set too so it would be a wasted slot. 

Abernathy is way down the likely characters list behind Nagini, Kama, Rosier and even Skender. 

I kind of forgot how many more were in the first series. I was going to include Kingsley and Karkaroff, but then I noticed how skewed it was for adult characters. I can imagine the FB characters not being included for series 2, but I tiger I'd try to see who they'd include.

I added Umbridge as the Bricktober packs don't even exist in the UK and I'd want a cheap way to get her.

I chose Abernathy as he was a character who appeared in both films. Nagini has practically no dialogue and doesn't serve a point in CoG (there are some deleted scenes with more of her and Credence). I thought Lego might shy away from Kama, as his backstory is quite dark, plus I couldn't think of an accesory. Rosier I hardly remember from the film, all I remember is her wearing a triangular hat and trying to give Queenie tea (which I'd guess would be an accessory for her). Skender was another character I considered, as his beard might be a nice new mold (good for lotr/hobbit mocs) and you could have some magical creature as an accesory, but as he wasn't a character really key to the story/series I chose Abernathy instead.

Very excited to get another CMF, so many great characters to choose from. I am also hoping for one crimes of Grindelwald figure and that is Grindelwald himself. The Grindelwald from the set was completely inaccurate and since he is quite stylish a figure of him is a must have for me.

23 minutes ago, Yope said:

Vernon, Petunia and Dudley

Tonks, Kingsley and Kreacher

Moaning Myrtle, Lockhart, Madam Pomfrey

Percy, Bill and Lee Jordan

Rita Skeeter, Xenophilius, Mundungus and Tom the Barman

Can't see Lego including Tom the barman/Innkeeper. They don't like including characters who interact with alcohol (no Moe in either Simpsons cmf series), plus a new hunchback mold might be tricky to make.

Percy's a tricky character to add to, as he's prominent in the first two, but due to the actor's contract he's absent in the GoF, and you only see glimpses of him with no explanation in OotP (popping up out of nowhere working for the ministry) and DHp2. Shame as he has much more character in the books. So if they were going to make Percy, Lego might lean towards him in his 5th/6th year (Harry's 1st/2nd years).

According to Eurobricks the German price for the DC CMF will remain the same, so presumably that also applies to other European countries. Seems like only the US is getting a higher price

4 hours ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

I chose Abernathy as he was a character who appeared in both films. Nagini has practically no dialogue and doesn't serve a point in CoG (there are some deleted scenes with more of her and Credence). I thought Lego might shy away from Kama, as his backstory is quite dark, plus I couldn't think of an accesory. Rosier I hardly remember from the film, all I remember is her wearing a triangular hat and trying to give Queenie tea (which I'd guess would be an accessory for her). Skender was another character I considered, as his beard might be a nice new mold (good for lotr/hobbit mocs) and you could have some magical creature as an accesory, but as he wasn't a character really key to the story/series I chose Abernathy instead.

Nagini and Skender have both been hinted at having larger roles in future films. Kama’s backstory isn’t really much darker than Harry or Neville’s, and the feather Newt uses to track him or a printed tile with his research into the LeStranges could be accessories. Rosier is just a more visually interesting character that has more fan interest than Abernathy. 

4 hours ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

Can't see Lego including Tom the barman/Innkeeper. They don't like including characters who interact with alcohol (no Moe in either Simpsons cmf series), plus a new hunchback mold might be tricky to make.

Oh, I hope the alcohol thing isn’t actually true. I’m not worried about getting Tom the Barman, but Madam Rosmerta is a fun character and Aberforth Dumbledore is actually rather important in the final movie. It might help that despite them all running pubs we never actually see them serving anything alcoholic on screen. 

We did get Wuher in the Mos Eisley Cantina set so I guess you can never really say never but it's not a huge loss if we don't get him anyway. 

Rosier and Nagini could make great figures. Nagini could probably benefit from the current dress slope piece. Abernathy is oretty crucial to the plot of CoG but as said above he's not visually appealing and pretty much wears a suit for most of the film. 

I think Lavender Brown might be made at some point. I wouldn't also mind seeing Barty Crouch Sr. Plus the Patil Twins too. 

My pics for the second CMF series would be: 

1. Harry Potter
  2. Hermione Weasley
  3. Ron Weasley
  4. Professor Lockhart
  5. Madam Pomfrey
  6. Professor Sprout
  7. Igor Karkaroff
  8. Rita Sketter
  9. Kreacher
  10. Kingsley Shacklebolt
  11. Nymphadora Tonks
  12. Lucius Malfoy
  13. Percy Weasley
  14. Vincent Crabbe
  15. Gregory Goyle
  16. Young Tom Riddle
  17. Young New Scamader
  18. Young Dumbledore
  19. Nagini
  20. Theseus Scamander
  21. Leta Lestrange
  22. Nicolas Flamel

15 hours ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

My guesses if the series 2 cmf includes 6 FB characters, just to say I'm taking a bit of inspiration from Bugbot20082

1. Harry Potter (Slughorn party robes), liquid luck vial (trans mandrake piece?)

2. Hermione (with very frizzy hair), cauldron and ladle.

3. Ron (Quidditch robes), broom and technic ball piece (quaffle). 

4. Professor Sprout, book of 1000 magical herbs and fungi.

5. Gilderoy Lockhart (Orange golden robes), new pixie piece.

6. Rita Skeeter, green quill and 2x2 or 2x3 printed tile.

7. Kreacher (new head mold), 2x3 tile of Mrs Black photograph, locket piece (like medal).

I’m glad you liked my list, and of course I like yours too ;)

I am intrigued with your Harry variation; using the mandrake bulb in trans would make a very good potion bottle! The open stud also allows a gemstone (classic or heart) to add more detail/variations 

Edited by Bugbot20082

Since everyone else has been posting guesses/wishlists I thought I’d throw my hat in the ring as well. 

1. Harry Potter (polyjuiced as Goyle)

2. Ron Weasley (polyjuiced as Crabbe)

3. Hermione Granger (polyjuiced as cat, NEW hairpiece with cat ears, NEW short cat tail)

4. Luna Lovegood (Quidditch fan [NEW lion hat piece] OR ravenclaw robes)

5. Draco Malfoy (Slytherin robes, NEW ferret piece)

6. Ginny Weasley (Quidditch robes, NEW quaffle piece)

7. Moaning Myrtle (NEW low pigtails hairpiece, Riddle’s diary [undamaged])

8. Madam Pomfrey (NEW headdress piece, bottle piece in cream w/ printing)

9. Rita Skeeter (quill piece in green, printed tile)

10. Professor Sprout (NEW hat+hairpiece, mandrake)

11. Werewolf Lupin (NEW head piece, satyr legs in grey, possibly Padfoot [dog mold in black])

12. Tonks (OotP appearance, multiple hair colors+alt face w/ duck bill or pig snout)

13. Justin Finch-Fletchley (hufflepuff robes, cobra piece in black)

14. Gilderoy Lockhart (printed tile with self portrait or NEW pixie piece)

15. Firenze (NEW centaur legs)

16. Young Tom Riddle (monochrome flashback version)

17. Young Newt Scamander (Hufflepuff robes, baby crow [songbird piece in black or dark grey])

18. Leta Lestrange (printed tile with family tree)

19. Theseus Scamander 

20. Young Dumbledore (coat and hat appearance, printed tile with safe house address)

21. Nagini

22. Nicholas Flamel (Moody hairpiece in white, philosophers’ stone or communication book)

11 hours ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

Nagini has practically no dialogue and doesn't serve a point in CoG 

She may not be that important in the film but she has a much more interesting design than a lot of FB characters imo

16 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Given every series seems to have 16 figures now I'm also expecting it to be 16 HP characters and no FB ones

Except HP is one of the best selling lines and was one of the most well received CMF's in recent years. I'd highly doubt they'd cut back at all for the second wave.

I'd hope for more school uniform torso's for the non-Gryffindor houses, preferably robes and at least one per house.

Edited by Agent Kallus

8 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

Since everyone else has been posting guesses/wishlists I thought I’d throw my hat in the ring as well. 

1. Harry Potter (polyjuiced as Goyle)

2. Ron Weasley (polyjuiced as Crabbe)

3. Hermione Granger (polyjuiced as cat, NEW hairpiece with cat ears, NEW short cat tail)

4. Luna Lovegood (Quidditch fan [NEW lion hat piece] OR ravenclaw robes)

5. Draco Malfoy (Slytherin robes, NEW ferret piece)

6. Ginny Weasley (Quidditch robes, NEW quaffle piece)

7. Moaning Myrtle (NEW low pigtails hairpiece, Riddle’s diary [undamaged])

8. Madam Pomfrey (NEW headdress piece, bottle piece in cream w/ printing)

9. Rita Skeeter (quill piece in green, printed tile)

10. Professor Sprout (NEW hat+hairpiece, mandrake)

11. Werewolf Lupin (NEW head piece, satyr legs in grey, possibly Padfoot [dog mold in black])

12. Tonks (OotP appearance, multiple hair colors+alt face w/ duck bill or pig snout)

13. Justin Finch-Fletchley (hufflepuff robes, cobra piece in black)

14. Gilderoy Lockhart (printed tile with self portrait or NEW pixie piece)

15. Firenze (NEW centaur legs)

16. Young Tom Riddle (monochrome flashback version)

17. Young Newt Scamander (Hufflepuff robes, baby crow [songbird piece in black or dark grey])

18. Leta Lestrange (printed tile with family tree)

19. Theseus Scamander 

20. Young Dumbledore (coat and hat appearance, printed tile with safe house address)

21. Nagini

22. Nicholas Flamel (Moody hairpiece in white, philosophers’ stone or communication book)

This is the one for me, maybe switch Justin with karkaroff (though I would love to get more hufflepuff uniforms) and it’s the perfect list. Having Harry and Ron be polyjuiced makes it perfect for basically having two figures in one. Lion luna, werewolf lupin and Firenze are also must haves! Id also love a Kingsley but not sure who I’d switch him out for.

Have this line up, along with a battle pack with one random minifigure per house, and that would be absolute perfection. 

Edited by GilbertoAguilera101

On 9/20/2019 at 10:39 AM, BacktoBricks said:

Can you say what the other sets on the top 10 list were just out of interest?

Sorry for OT and the late answer :blush:

Police Station 60141

Friendship House 41340

BOOST Creative Toolbox 17101

LEGO® Large Creative Brick Box 10698

Millennium Falcon 75192

Bugatti Chiron 42083