Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

20 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I have no problem with series 2 wishlist but series 3 is a bit overkill as series 2 isn't officially confirmed yet

I do often get carried away :D 

6 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'll accept any character as long as we get Madam Pomfrey, Professor Sprout, Tonks, Kingsley and Kreacher in either the CMF or the normal sets

I agree with this list except I would add Lucius and Bellatrix as absolute necessities

On 10/6/2019 at 2:17 PM, RogueTwo said:

Heck, give us a proper Fawkes with one of Dumbledore’s variants (possibly young/orphanage visit).

I was building the great hall sett yesterday; what a excellent sett no wonder it is a best seller :wub: If you have to build a Fawks it is well done I guess, but compared to the moulded animals in the sett it is way off target :wacko:
So hopefully we get a proper mould in the CMF :excited: I do not like it to come with old Dumbledore, since I feel a spot would be wasted on him (they have done him so well already), but he can come with Harry, young Dumbledore etc..
I think this series will have more unique characters and a big chance it has 6 FB figs as last time.

1. Newt
  2. Young Dumbledore
  3. Leta
  4. Nagini
  5. Theseus
  6. ?

16 HP is more difficult to guess

1. Harry
  2. Ron
  3. Hermione
  4. Madam Pomfrey
  5. Nymphadora Tonks
  6. Rita Skeeter
  7. ?
  8. ?
  9. ?
  10. ?
  11. ?
  12. ?
  13. ?
  14. ?
  15. ?
  16. ?

How does everyone feel about getting minor characters in school robes this series? Personally I'd love it if we got more torsos for Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin robes as the only problem I've had with this years sets is that there was only one set with a proper Hogwarts uniform in it and that was the Advent Calendar! I would love to get Crabbe and Goyle with Slytherin robes similar to the printed Gryffindor robes from the first cmf series, with either enchanted cakes or Malfoy as a ferret for their accessories. Luna in her Ravenclaw robes and lion hat would also be cool, or maybe Justin Finch-Fletchley with a snake from COS. I can't think of many prominent Hufflepuffs from the films who would appear in their uniform though apart from Cedric, who we've already gotten three minifigures for. 

I feel like as long as we got interesting accessories with school minifigures they wouldn't be a wasted slot but maybe its just because I want to stop my Hogwarts being 90% populated with Gryffindors!  

54 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I agree with this list except I would add Lucius and Bellatrix as absolute necessities

I think Lucius is a good figure to add to the list, but Bellatrix can easily be included in one of the 5-8 sets (except for her Azkaban jumpsuit, but I really don't get why people want to have that variant in the first place. Nothing interesting about it)

Ok this is my prediction list, assuming a 3rd series afterwards to finish the theme...

I prioritised essential new moulds (but not too many as to be within budget), and a fair balance of Male/female, young/old, overall diversity etc. 

1 Harry Potter & HBP potions book

2 Ron Weasley (Quidditch keeper)

3 Hermione Granger & patronus otter*

4 Lucius Malfoy & cane

5 Rita Skeeter & green quill, notepad

6 Professor Sprout, Mandrake & pot

7 Professor Lockheart & pixi

8 Lee Jordon & microphone

9 Tonks & alternate hair

10 Griphook & key and lantern

11 Werewolf (Lupin) & Sirius dog

12 Merperson & trident

13 Draco Malfoy & ferret*

14 Death Eater (hooded) 

15 Vernon Dursley, Letter & biscuit

16 Petunia Dursley, teacup, family portrait 

*same mould; different colours/printing

(LEGO, if you are reading, feel free to copy any of my ideas ;))

Edited by Bugbot20082

6 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

I feel like as long as we got interesting accessories with school minifigures they wouldn't be a wasted slot but maybe its just because I want to stop my Hogwarts being 90% populated with Gryffindors!  

Which is why we need battlepacks for each house. They don't even have to be named characters, just use some random (but still unique enough) heads and hairpieces and I'll buy tons of them

2 minutes ago, Bugbot20082 said:

6 Professor Sprout, Mandrake & pot

12 Merperson & trident

13 Draco Malfoy & ferret*

14 Death Eater (hooded) 

I doubt Sprout will have the exact same accesories as Series 1 Neville, and I don't think lego would give a character another version of themself as an accesory either (Draco).

The merperson and Death Eater are pretty much guaranteed to show up in future sets so that would be 2 wasted spots

EDIT: scrap that comment on Draco. I forgot Zan from the second TLBM CMF had himself in his water form as an accesory

Edited by Guyon2002

27 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I doubt Sprout will have the exact same accesories as Series 1 Neville

The merperson and Death Eater are pretty much guaranteed to show up in future sets so that would be 2 wasted spots

Fair comments, but I have my justifications: 

There are many mandrakes in the greenhouses, therefore duplicates are useful for MOC’s. Also remember when Lego included the same magic lamp twice in the first Disney series.

Merperson and generic Death Eater are both ‘army builders’, enabling people to compliment box sets with more figures. Also including the merpsrson specifically means that it will have the budget for a new tail and ‘hair’ elements and better printing. The Death Eater is also in there as a true ‘villain’ to make up for the absence of another Voldemort, also it is cheap (no new parts).

Just now, Bugbot20082 said:

The Death Eater is also in there as a true ‘villain’ to make up for the absence of another Voldemort, also it is cheap (no new parts).

That can be said about more villain characters. I'd much rather get a named character like Dolohov or Scabior than a Death Eater, they don't require any new parts and there isn't really place for them in any sets (unless they decide to do a set based on DH's campingtrip). Death Eaters will probably be thrown in a few Battle of Hogwarts sets as well, possibly even a battlepack. In my opinion CMF's aren't supposed to be army builders

5 minutes ago, Bugbot20082 said:

Merperson and generic Death Eater are both ‘army builders’

That would mean we'd have Merpeople with a ton of detail alongside normal figures with much less detail, that's pretty much the UCS Imperial Star Destroyer Crew Member all over again

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

I was building the great hall sett yesterday; what a excellent sett no wonder it is a best seller :wub: If you have to build a Fawks it is well done I guess, but compared to the moulded animals in the sett it is way off target :wacko:
So hopefully we get a proper mould in the CMF :excited: I do not like it to come with old Dumbledore, since I feel a spot would be wasted on him (they have done him so well already), but he can come with Harry, young Dumbledore etc..
I think this series will have more unique characters and a big chance it has 6 FB figs as last time.

1. Newt
  2. Young Dumbledore
  3. Leta
  4. Nagini
  5. Theseus
  6. ?

16 HP is more difficult to guess

1. Harry
  2. Ron
  3. Hermione
  4. Madam Pomfrey
  5. Nymphadora Tonks
  6. Rita Skeeter
  7. ?
  8. ?
  9. ?
  10. ?
  11. ?
  12. ?
  13. ?
  14. ?
  15. ?
  16. ?

The 6th one for Fantastic Beasts should be Nicolas Flamel, he was important in Philosopher's Stone even tho we did not see him.

1 hour ago, Bugbot20082 said:

same mould; different colours/printing

I really don’t think you could do both a ferret and an otter with the same mold. Ferrets have triangular heads while otters have round heads that streamline into their bodies, and otters’ tails are much thicker and longer. They might both be from the weasel family, but they don’t enough alike to pass for one another. 

I think there’s a decent chance of getting Draco with a ferret in a cmf, but I think Hermione and her otter patronus are much more likely to show up in a DA set alongside other students with their patronuses (Ron and Luna come to mind, since the molds for their animals are small and already exist). 

55 minutes ago, Bugbot20082 said:

There are many mandrakes in the greenhouses, therefore duplicates are useful for MOC’s.

The CMF skeleton costume and devil costume kids had different pumpkin pail prints, and I could see LEGO doing something similar for the mandrake.

So apparantly the DC Comics CMF will be priced at 5 dollars a bag, which is way too much imo. It's pretty likely this is going to affect the Harry Potter CMF as well, though I can imagine DC's amount of sold bags being lowered to such a degree we might get the old price back for HP

9 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

So apparantly the DC Comics CMF will be priced at 5 dollars a bag, which is way too much imo. It's pretty likely this is going to affect the Harry Potter CMF as well, though I can imagine DC's amount of sold bags being lowered to such a degree we might get the old price back for HP

Why on earth would they hike the price like that? Hopefully it’s either because of a specific licensing thing or you’re right and Lego will walk the price back by the time the Harry Potter series 2 comes out. 

3 hours ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

How does everyone feel about getting minor characters in school robes this series? Personally I'd love it if we got more torsos for Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin robes as the only problem I've had with this years sets is that there was only one set with a proper Hogwarts uniform in it and that was the Advent Calendar! I would love to get Crabbe and Goyle with Slytherin robes similar to the printed Gryffindor robes from the first cmf series, with either enchanted cakes or Malfoy as a ferret for their accessories. Luna in her Ravenclaw robes and lion hat would also be cool, or maybe Justin Finch-Fletchley with a snake from COS. I can't think of many prominent Hufflepuffs from the films who would appear in their uniform though apart from Cedric, who we've already gotten three minifigures for. 

Like others have said student accessory packs would be very popular. I think similar in style to Ninjago 40342 and Spider-Man 40343 for example. 

Ideally 4 sets, one for each house with a mix of different hair, faces and unisex torso prints which can be swapped around in any combination.

Nigel Wolpert, Justin Finch-Fletchley and Pansy Parkinson among others could be easily made in this way, and then mixed up to create more random students!

Accessories/ side builds would be easy: spell books, potions kits, food, candles, house plaques/banners etc

2 minutes ago, Bugbot20082 said:

Like others have said student accessory packs would be very popular. I think similar in style to Ninjago 40342 and Spider-Man 40343 for example. 

I'd rather get battlepacks than accessory packs, as the latter are almost always overpriced

2 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

I really don’t think you could do both a ferret and an otter with the same mold. Ferrets have triangular heads while otters have round heads that streamline into their bodies, and otters’ tails are much thicker and longer. They might both be from the weasel family, but they don’t enough alike to pass for one another. 

Yes I know they have their differences, it is a stretch but in the simplified Lego style and scale they might get away with a generic enough shape. My other reason was I couldn’t think of a different version of Hermione worth putting into CMF: she has to be there so why not make it worth while with the new animal mould :)

(FYI my imagined CMF series 3 version is her Deathly Hallows clothes with the Beedle story book) 

Edited by Bugbot20082

41 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

A price hike would pretty much end me grabbing more than a handful of figures a series. $4 feels pretty high as it is.

1 hour ago, Bugbot20082 said:

Yes I know they have their differences, it is a stretch but in the simplified Lego style and scale they might get away with a generic enough shape. My other reason was I couldn’t think of a different version of Hermione worth putting into CMF: she has to be there so why not make it worth while with the new animal mould :)

(FYI my imagined CMF series 3 version is her Deathly Hallows clothes with the Beedle story book) 

Except Lego has been leaving the more simplified animals behind recently, just look at the new rat mold. Sorry, but it’s impossible for those two animals to share a mold without one or both looking bad. 

Also - polyjuiced cat Hermione (paired up with polyjuiced Harry and Ron). 

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I sincerely hope the HP CMFs aren’t $5 per figure. 

Given that there was never a price hike before, even with the Disney series, it’s possible it’s something specific to the DC license for some reason. 

Otherwise we just have to cross our fingers and hope it hurts sales enough for Lego to put it back before the Harry Potter series releases. 

My guesses if the series 2 cmf includes 6 FB characters, just to say I'm taking a bit of inspiration from Bugbot20082

1. Harry Potter (Slughorn party robes), liquid luck vial (trans mandrake piece?)

2. Hermione (with very frizzy hair), cauldron and ladle.

3. Ron (Quidditch robes), broom and technic ball piece (quaffle). 

4. Professor Sprout, book of 1000 magical herbs and fungi.

5. Gilderoy Lockhart (Orange golden robes), new pixie piece.

6. Rita Skeeter, green quill and 2x2 or 2x3 printed tile.

7. Kreacher (new head mold), 2x3 tile of Mrs Black photograph, locket piece (like medal).

8. Dolores Umbridge, 2x3 tile educational decree, tea cup.

9. Lavender Brown, heart tile with L +R print.

10. Ginny, Half Blood Prince book (tile print with Sectumsempra).

11. Young Newt (Hufflepuff robes) new Bowtruckle mold (like Forky).

12. Young Dumbledore, book piece of Fantastic Beasts (or maybe Deluminator).

13. Leta LeStrange, niffler in light/dark brown.

14. Theseus Scamander, with black cat with big eyes from the French ministry.

15. Nicolas Flamel, with glass case with red crystal (or infinity stone).

16. Abernathy, alternate face print and hat (old woman).

4 hours ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

My guesses if the series 2 cmf includes 6 FB characters, just to say I'm taking a bit of inspiration from Bugbot20082

1. Harry Potter (Slughorn party robes), liquid luck vial (trans mandrake piece?)

2. Hermione (with very frizzy hair), cauldron and ladle.

3. Ron (Quidditch robes), broom and technic ball piece (quaffle). 

4. Professor Sprout, book of 1000 magical herbs and fungi.

5. Gilderoy Lockhart (Orange golden robes), new pixie piece.

6. Rita Skeeter, green quill and 2x2 or 2x3 printed tile.

7. Kreacher (new head mold), 2x3 tile of Mrs Black photograph, locket piece (like medal).

8. Dolores Umbridge, 2x3 tile educational decree, tea cup.

9. Lavender Brown, heart tile with L +R print.

10. Ginny, Half Blood Prince book (tile print with Sectumsempra).

11. Young Newt (Hufflepuff robes) new Bowtruckle mold (like Forky).

12. Young Dumbledore, book piece of Fantastic Beasts (or maybe Deluminator).

13. Leta LeStrange, niffler in light/dark brown.

14. Theseus Scamander, with black cat with big eyes from the French ministry.

15. Nicolas Flamel, with glass case with red crystal (or infinity stone).

16. Abernathy, alternate face print and hat (old woman).

Remember, the first series had 22 characters, and if they had to cut it to 16 for whatever reason, I’d expect them to just get rid of the Fantastic Beasts characters entirely, since their sets haven’t been selling as well as the Harry Potter ones. 

I also don’t think we’re likely to get another Umbridge, we already got her in the bricktober pack and we’ll likely get her in an OotP set too so it would be a wasted slot. 

Abernathy is way down the likely characters list behind Nagini, Kama, Rosier and even Skender. 

8 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

A price hike would pretty much end me grabbing more than a handful of figures a series. $4 feels pretty high as it is.

I totally agree, I had a small list of figures from the DC CMF I wanted and the rest I would get just to complete the collection. Now I'm seriously considering not buying the figures that don't interest me, even if that leaves me with an uncompleted series. I really want the DC series to succeed so we can get more series like it but I also want it to fail because lego may realise how unreasable this new price is

6 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

Given that there was never a price hike before, even with the Disney series, it’s possible it’s something specific to the DC license for some reason. 

This is the thirth price hike when it comes to CMF series. They started at $2, then $3 and $4. Now with the DC CMF the CMF figures are already $3 more expensive then when the theme started

15 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Remember, the first series had 22 characters, and if they had to cut it to 16 for whatever reason, I’d expect them to just get rid of the Fantastic Beasts characters entirely, since their sets haven’t been selling as well as the Harry Potter ones. 

Given every series seems to have 16 figures now I'm also expecting it to be 16 HP characters and no FB ones