Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

4 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

Or partner the ferret with Malfoy in new Slytherin robes.  The possibilities are endless.  Okay, now I’m excited!!!

Yes! I think the new Flitwick hair could work for Malfoy for his year 3-5 self. And people can then make more slytherin students from the uniform.

Edited by Bugbot20082

Worst unlikely character? Mr and Mrs Mason (CoS)

Worst likely character: Fenrir Greyback

Edited by Bugbot20082

I did an analyse on the first series. Nearley all were more important characters in standard robes. They should support the sets and they leave missing spots for the cmf figures. Cedric in Voldy's rise, Moody in the Clocktower, Dumbledore in Hagrid's Hut Draco in Quidditch, Luna in the Hogwarts Express, etc.

So I highly expect Pomfrey for the Clocktower, Kingsley and Tonks for a possible Battle of Mystery Set and Kreacher for a possible Grimauld Place Set. Also think the chances are good for Sprout and Lockhard to complete the teacher line up. Don't see Mrs. Figg or some Yule Ball Variant coming. 

5 hours ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

Moaning Myrtle would be good, wonder if they'll make her like Sir Nicolas De Mimsy-Porpington as white with grey detail, or if they'll make her trans blue.

I want all the ghosts we get to have a consistent look, so I'd hate a transblue Myrtle

5 hours ago, Bugbot20082 said:

I am very pleased to hear the news! 

I have given future CMF some thought and come up with enough viable characters for 2 more series... I won’t spam this thread with the full list but my preferred ‘series 2’ includes a lot of creature characters/moulds. 

CMF exclusives:

Kreacher: new head. Has the locket and perhaps the Black family tree printed on a large tile.

Werewolf Lupin; uses faun legs, new head mould, and the accessory is Sirius Black’s Dog form 

Grindylow: new head and tentacle legs. Allows a ‘Lake Task’ set to spend its budget on the human characters etc

Patronus Otter; accessory to a OoTF Hermione. If Lego was clever this animal mould  could also be recoloured into a blonde ferret for a GoF Malfoy ;)

CMF’s which subsidise the cost of a new mould used in other sets:

Merperson: new moulds for the hair and tail. 

Griphook: new head mould, which can be printed differently for other goblins. A lantern and key are simple but appropriate accessories.

Such a large amount of new molds is very unlikely. And a Grindylow would be much better as an accesory (maybe for Second Task Fleur) than a figure, you do know they are rather small right? Just look at the last time we saw them in lego form:

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor grindylow

2 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

Yes!  Hagrid in his Care of Magical Creatures “farmer” outfit with Fang!

The production cost for Hagrid is way too high for him to appear in a CMF series

2 hours ago, Bugbot20082 said:

-

Nothing to do with what you said, but why are you always changing your font size mid-sentence?

3 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Such a large amount of new molds is very unlikely. And a Grindylow would be much better as an accesory (maybe for Second Task Fleur) than a figure, you do know they are rather small right? Just look at the last time we saw them in lego form:

Yeah, Grindylows are pretty weird. Especially as the films only had them in one scene. With the books having Harry seeing one when talking to Lupin in PoA. I'd rather have a Grindylow accessory in a second task ser, which I think is a likely, as Gabrielle in the Beaubaton's Carriage set has a sleeping expression which would be used. 

Just now, (Insert Name Here) said:

Yeah, Grindylows are pretty weird. Especially as the films only had them in one scene. With the books having Harry seeing one when talking to Lupin in PoA. I'd rather have a Grindylow accessory in a second task ser, which I think is a likely, as Gabrielle in the Beaubaton's Carriage set has a sleeping expression which would be used. 

I think Gabrielle got that sleeping face so we can use that figure in a Second Task set ourselves rather than that head being reused. Especially as Harry, Krum and at least 2 Merpeople are the bare minimum of figures for this set. Needing both characters to rescue someone adds Ron and Hermione. Fleur and Cedric could be in the CMF (as I suggested with Fleur having the Grindylow as an accesory) and Gabrielle and Cho are present in other sets/cmf

39 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Nothing to do with what you said, but why are you always changing your font size mid-sentence?

Sorry about that. I’m commenting from my phone and spell check the character names.

When I copy in the corrected spelling from google it changes the font size for the rest of what I type :/

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

. And a Grindylow would be much better as an accesory (maybe for Second Task Fleur) than a figure, you do know they are rather small right? Just look at the last time we saw them in lego form:

I can see the appeal of having them as accessories to lake task figures, if Lego can pull it off fair play.. however I just checked and apparently they are typically 4 feet heigh, and House Elves are actually smaller

Edited by Bugbot20082

4 hours ago, Minga 089 said:

I did an analyse on the first series. Nearley all were more important characters in standard robes. They should support the sets and they leave missing spots for the cmf figures. Cedric in Voldy's rise, Moody in the Clocktower, Dumbledore in Hagrid's Hut Draco in Quidditch, Luna in the Hogwarts Express, etc.

So I highly expect Pomfrey for the Clocktower 

Quite interesting! Pomfrey was never in my personal lists for future CMF, I imagined her in another big castle set.

If she is in the next CMF I would speculate her accessory is a white coloured bottle with printing; the Bone juice

7 minutes ago, Bugbot20082 said:

Quite interesting! Pomfrey was never in my personal lists for future CMF, I imagined her in another big castle set.

If she is in the next CMF I would speculate her accessory is a white coloured bottle with printing; the Bone juice

If lego wanted to include her in a normal set they would've (and should've) included her in the Clocktower, as the Hospital Wing is included in that set. The only reason I think she wasn't included is her hair/hat as there are no existing pieces that capture that look accurately. Only a CMF would be able to perfectly capture that look using a brand new mold. 

And for me personally she's high on the list because I want to have a complete (and accurate) line-up of the Hogwarts staff.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor madam pomfrey

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

If lego wanted to include her in a normal set they would've (and should've) included her in the Clocktower, as the Hospital Wing is included in that set. The only reason I think she wasn't included is her hair/hat as there are no existing pieces that capture that look accurately. Only a CMF would be able to perfectly capture that look using a brand new mold. 

And for me personally she's high on the list because I want to have a complete (and accurate) line-up of the Hogwarts staff.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor madam pomfrey

Yeah, Madam Pomfrey is definitely on my CMF list for much the same reasons. Plus, I think the fact that her uniform is, from what I can tell, based very closely off of real nurses uniforms from a century or so ago, might make her inclusion in a cmf appealing to non Harry Potter fans who collect history based figures. 

I agree that a Madam Pomfrey would be a great addition especially with the hospital wing in the clock tower set, perhaps with a bottle of Skele-gro.  I’d like to see the Patil twins in Yule ball attire, maybe as a two-in-one figure like we got for the Weasley twins in the Diagon Alley set.

Rita Skeeter, Tonks, Kingsley, Moaning Myrtle, Kreacher and the Dursleys are the obvious missing characters.  One that hasn’t been mentioned much is Percy Weasley, it would be great to get a version of hogwarts robes with a prefect badge and maybe Errol as an accessory.

4 hours ago, Bugbot20082 said:

Yep defo got to have a bottle of Skelegrow.

2 hours ago, Yope said:

I’d like to see the Patil twins in Yule ball attire, maybe as a two-in-one figure like we got for the Weasley twins in the Diagon Alley set.

The Patil Twins’ Yule Ball robes aren’t actually identical, and I’d much rather get them in a future advent calendar - especially since the don’t really need accessories. 

8 hours ago, Yope said:

I agree that a Madam Pomfrey would be a great addition especially with the hospital wing in the clock tower set, perhaps with a bottle of Skele-gro.  I’d like to see the Patil twins in Yule ball attire, maybe as a two-in-one figure like we got for the Weasley twins in the Diagon Alley set.

I'd prefer Yule Ball figures to only appear in future Advent Calendars, so we essentially get Christmas figures in a Christmas set

Going through the cast lists, here is a list of all missing characters and animals that have a chance of appearing in a CMF or set (characters in brackets are extremely unlikely). There are obviously many costume variants I've not listed, characters are listed by their first major appearance:

1: Fred, George, Ginny, Percy and Molly Weasley, Lee Jordan, Crabbe and Goyle, Prof. Flitwick (old look), Griphook, Tom (barman), Dudley, Petunia and Vernon Dursley, Bloody Baron, Fat Friar, Lily and James Potter, Fang, Mrs. Norris, Norbert, Firenze, Fluffy, Goblins.

2: Colin Creevey, Justin Finch-Fletchley, Prof. Lockhart, Prof. Sprout, Madam Pomfrey, Arthur Weasley, Lucius Malfoy, Moaning Myrtle, Tom Riddle (memory), Errol, Basilisk (Mr Borgin, Mr and Mrs Mason)

3: Marge Dursley, Madam Rosmerta, Tom (hunchback), Crookshanks, Snuffles

4: Parvati and Padma Patil, Nigel, Angelina Johnson, Prof. Karkaroff, Barty Coruch Snr, Amos Diggory, Rita Skeeter, Merpeople, Grindylows, (Frank Bryce, Band Members)

5: Tonks, Kingsley, Mrs. Figg, Bellatrix, Dolohov, Kreacher, Grawp (Zacharias Smith, Michael Corner, Amelia Bones, Dawlish, Dudley's Gang, Death Eaters, Centaurs)

6: Lavender Brown, Cormac McLaggen, Katie Bell, Romilda Vane, Leanne, Marcus Belby, Pansy Parkinson, Blaise Zabini, Narcissa Malfoy, Amycus and Alecto Carrow, Thorfinn Rowle, Fenrir Greyback, (Mrs Cole)

7: Bill Weasley, Mundungus Fletcher, Elphias Doge, Charity Burbage, Rufus Scrimgeour, Pius Thicknesse, Yaxley, Scabior, Albert Runcorn, Reg and Mary Cattermole, Mafalda Hopkirk, Xenophilius Lovegood, Aunt Muriel, Bathida Bagshot, Grindelwald, Gergovitch

8: Aberforth Dumbledore, The Grey Lady, Bogrod, Giants

Lily, James, Lupin, Sirius, Dumbledore, Snape, Wormtail, Slughorn and Voldemort all appear at different flashback ages, the Trio, Malfoy and their kids are seen in a flashforward. Lily, James, Lupin and Sirius are also seen in spirit form.

Edited by Seaber

1 hour ago, Seaber said:

1: Fred, George, Ginny, Percy and Molly Weasley, Lee Jordan, Crabbe and Goyle, Prof. Flitwick (old look), Griphook, Tom (barman), Dudley, Petunia and Vernon Dursley, Bloody Baron, Fat Friar, Lily and James Potter, Fang, Mrs. Norris, Norbert, Firenze, Fluffy, Goblins.

2: Colin Creevey, Justin Finch-Fletchley, Prof. Lockhart, Prof. Sprout, Prof. Pomfrey, Arthur Weasley, Lucius Malfoy, Moaning Myrtle, Tom Riddle (memory), Errol, Basilisk

3: Marge Dursley, Madam Rosmerta, Tom (hunchback), Crookshanks, Snuffles

4: Parvati and Padma Patil, Nigel, Angelina Johnson, Prof. Karkaroff, Barty Coruch Snr, Amos Diggory, Rita Skeeter, Merpeople, Grindylows,

5: Tonks, Kingsley, Mrs. Figg, Bellatrix, Dolohov, Kreacher, Grawp

6: Lavender Brown, Cormac McLaggen, Katie Bell, Romilda Vane, Leanne, Marcus Belby, Pansy Parkinson, Blaise Zabini, Narcissa Malfoy, Amycus and Alecto Carrow, Thorfinn Rowle, Fenrir Greyback,

7: Bill Weasley, Mundungus Fletcher, Elphias Doge, Charity Burbage, Rufus Scrimgeour, Pius Thicknesse, Yaxley, Scabior, Albert Runcorn, Reg and Mary Cattermole, Mafalda Hopkirk, Xenophilius Lovegood, Aunt Muriel, Bathida Bagshot, Grindelwald, Gergovitch

8: Aberforth Dumbledore, The Grey Lady, Bogrod, Giants

Characters I think would appear in the series 2 cmf: (m is for maybe)

Percy Weasley, Ginny (m), Lee (m), Dudley (m), Colin (m), Gilderoy, Lucius, Moaning Myrtle, Tom Riddle, Parvati & Padma (m), Karkaroff, Skeeter, Kingsley, Bellatrix, Kreacher, Lavender, Cormac, Narcissa, Bill Weasley, Aberforth (m).

Characters I think would appear in the sets:

Fred & George, Molly, Crabbe & Goyle, Griphook, Petunia & Vernon, Professor Sprout, Madam Pomfrey (m), Arthur, Amos (m), Merpeople & Grindylows, Grawp, Blaise, Fenrir Greyback, Mundungus, Xenophilius, Bogrod

Other character I think are either not important enough (Katie Bell), barely appear (Angelina Johnson), Lego wouldn't make it (Bloody Baron - > blood, Charity Burbage - > her character is tortured and killed) or else there probably aren't going to be anymore sets that would have them (Justin Finch-Fletchley).

Edited by (Insert Name Here)

46 minutes ago, BenderBrau said:

You missed Hannah Abbott, though she'd be in the 'unlikely' category.

Also... Nigel. But do we really want him? I sure don't :tongue:

I did take out a few characters like Hannah, Ernie Macmillan and Alicia Spinnet as they're only cameos in the films. 

I've got more than enough Gryffindor torsos now, so Nigel would be a no for me too, but for the sake of completion he's in the list. 

Just now, Seaber said:

Hannah, Ernie Macmillan

Hufflepuffs will not be happy :head_back: But at least Hannah had speaking lines (in a deleted scene, but still)

Just now, Seaber said:

Alicia Spinnet

She might have a chance if there were to be another quidditch themed set :shrug_oh_well: seriously, any form of people/starter/battle pack would be great to get charcters like these, who fit neither bigger sets nor CMF, the Spider-Man one (40343) seems to be well received, we can hope Lego will do something similar with HP

I'll accept any character as long as we get Madam Pomfrey, Professor Sprout, Tonks, Kingsley and Kreacher in either the CMF or the normal sets

39 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'll accept any character as long as we get Madam Pomfrey, Professor Sprout, Tonks, Kingsley and Kreacher in either the CMF or the normal sets

Agreed, these are absolutely necessary :excited: Tonks could even appear in both, given how often she changes her appearance

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

YES. Tonks and Kingsley should have made it into sets ages ago, and the Sprout from 2011 looks nothing like the character - she needs a Trelawney style makeover. 

3 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Agreed, these are absolutely necessary :excited: Tonks could even appear in both, given how often she changes her appearance

The mousy brown haired Tonks from the last 3 movies probably lend herself better to sets. I’d love to get Tonks in a Grimmauld Place set but that appearance, with the hair color changes and goofy face making, really lends itself to a CMF. 

I do expect if LEGO commits to this theme for another 2 years at least they can cover all the favourite characters mentioned by everyone so far :)

I imagine some of the best multi/ miscellaneous character filled sets would be:

‘Ministry Battle’ (OotP members and Death eaters)

‘Battle of Hogwarts’ (Aberforth, Pius, a giant, moving statues)

‘Hogsmeade Christmas Village’ (Rosmerta, various leftover students)

‘Diagon Alley shops’ (mundungus, more students, the twins)

’Escape from Malfoy Mannor’ (Narcissa, snatchers etc)

’The Burrows’ (any and all Weasley family members)

...and future advent Calendars of course :D

I feel tempted now to post my series 2/3 wish/prediction lists...

Edited by Bugbot20082

10 minutes ago, Bugbot20082 said:

I feel tempted now to post my series 2/3 wish/prediction lists...

I have no problem with series 2 wishlist but series 3 is a bit overkill as series 2 isn't officially confirmed yet