Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

10 hours ago, RAMcGonagall said:

I guess minor characters aren't appealing for a CMF tho, but we had Dean so who knows

Technically speaking Flitwick and Trelawney are minor characters as well, and while Dobby, Cedric, Moody and Cho all play somewhat major parts in specific installments, they’re minor characters in the series as a whole. Being a fan favorite or having fun design elements is far more important for a cmf. 

Who even said that the 4 sets were for the summer? I doubt lego would just do 4 sets and a cmf for one of their best selling themes In just summer.

D2C? Not confirmed at all

Cmf? HP had 5 sets and a cmf in 2018.

I call BS on the HP 4 sets for the summer.

4 sets fits much better for Winter. Lastly, the set numbers leaked alongside the other winter sets. HP takes much longer to leak.

I remember until March of this year, we had no set numbers or leaks about the new sets for this year.

2 minutes ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

Who even said that the 4 sets were for the summer? I doubt lego would just do 4 sets and a cmf for one of their best selling themes In just summer.

D2C? Not confirmed at all

Cmf? HP had 5 sets and a cmf in 2018.

I call BS on the HP 4 sets for the summer.

4 sets fits much better for Winter. Lastly, the set numbers leaked alongside the other winter sets. HP takes much longer to leak.

I remember until March of this year, we had no set numbers or leaks about the new sets for this year.

This was a little different because there are a decent amount of summer set numbers that leaked with all the rest of them. Do I think it’s just 4? No but based on a several things I really doubt they are January and I don’t think we will see them until the summer

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

According to Brickfanatics Series 2 will come out in August/September 2020

Fingers crossed that this is based off real leaked intel and not just another educated guess

1 minute ago, Accio Lego said:

Fingers crossed that this is based off real leaked intel and not just another educated guess

Brickfanatics don‘t report on just any old rumour, their track record is impeccable :sweet:

The wait is going to be excruciating though... Prepare for a ton of fake lists popping up between now and next summer :tongue:

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

According to Brickfanatics Series 2 will come out in August/September 2020

If it's true, any guess of what characters we could be getting?

2 hours ago, RAMcGonagall said:

It would be nice to get some characters that have been overlooked in the last waves: Gilderoy Lockhart, Professor Sprout, Karkaroff (if we don't get him in a set), maybe some Weasley's (Fred and George if they want to pull a Patty & Selma) or maybe Parvati and Padma Patil. There's so many we could get. I'm particularly hoping for Kreacher the house elf (might be able to use the new Dobby head), and/or Griphook the Goblin, who we really need a new head mold for.

Yeah, no surprise here, it was just a matter of whether it'll be 2020 or 2021. Better for us it's sooner than later :grin:

1 hour ago, RAMcGonagall said:

Aside from the trio? Could be anyone, but probably again on the more famous side, with little chances for characters like that hunchbacked guy from PoA or the singer of The Weird Sisters

2 hours ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

It would be nice to get some characters that have been overlooked in the last waves: Gilderoy Lockhart, Professor Sprout, Karkaroff (if we don't get him in a set), maybe some Weasley's (Fred and George if they want to pull a Patty & Selma) or maybe Parvati and Padma Patil. There's so many we could get. I'm particularly hoping for Kreacher the house elf (might be able to use the new Dobby head), and/or Griphook the Goblin, who we really need a new head mold for.

Lockhart’s elaborate outfits basically all beg for the extra detail of a CMF, and I’ve wanted them to use the mid legs to make a proper sized professor Sprout since last cmf. If we’re talking about skipped over GoF characters though, I think Rita Skeeter fits the format of a CMF much better, and just think of what they can do with her with all those metallic prints they’ve been using lately :). 

I suspect that the Weasley and Patil Twins will be saved for sets (in the former case) and future advent calendars (in the later case). 

Krecher definitely needs a new head mold (his looks nothing like Dobby’s) and your right about the goblin head being sorely in need of updating, but we might need to wait for a Gringott’s set for that. 

2 hours ago, BenderBrau said:

Aside from the trio? Could be anyone, but probably again on the more famous side, with little chances for characters like that hunchbacked guy from PoA or the singer of The Weird Sisters

Yeah, the only way we’re ever getting Tom the bartender is if they make a Leaky Cauldron set, but outfit variations of the main trio are guaranteed. I would also say that Ginny, Neville, Luna and Draco were safe bets as well, to round out the ‘sacred seven’ but Lego left Ginny out last time so I’m only really certain about Luna and Draco (who both have very desired alternate outfits). 

Personally, as far as skipped over characters go, in addition to Lockhart, Sprout and Skeeter, I’m also hoping for Madam Pomfrey, Moaning Myrtle and Lupin’s Werewolf form. 

And of course Tonks and Kingsley are must haves, but they could easily appear in the next wave of sets. 

All in all, a good reason to be excited!  

7 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Brickfanatics don‘t report on just any old rumour, their track record is impeccable :sweet:

The wait is going to be excruciating though... Prepare for a ton of fake lists popping up between now and next summer :tongue:

Excruciating, but not unexpected.  It just means I shouldn't Bricklink any of the old figures, because they are likely enough to show up next year.  I still stand by the fact that I'd prefer regular sets to CMFs, but I shan't complain.  This, and the Advent Calendars, are a perfect way to catch up on Years 1-4.  By the way, I have the list of the 22 minifigures right here!  It's, like, totally legit!  :grin:

My most wanted minifigure would actually be Sirius in the nasty, dog fur-material coat he wears to see Harry off to Kings Cross in Order of the Phoenix.  Just raises a lot of weird questions about Animagi.  Why my most wanted?  Because we need Padfoot!  :devil:

Image result for sirius black kings cross

Edited by RogueTwo

Extremely excited by this news! I expect the four sets we know of will not be the only sets of the year. That wave will probably get one or two more exclusives plus most likely another small wave like there was this year with the two extra sets. A D2C isn’t our of the question although I hope they wait at least one more year for another HP D2C. The CMF series is a very nice addition to the 2020 HP lineup. I can’t wait to find out which characters will be included although we might have to wait for the reveal for that like last time. Voldemort was the only one that actually leaked early. A ton of potential for HP in 2020. Can’t wait!

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I can’t wait to find out which characters will be included although we might have to wait for the reveal for that like last time. Voldemort was the only one that actually leaked early. A ton of potential for HP in 2020. Can’t wait!

They’ve changed the factory that the CMFs are produced at after the first Harry Potter series came out, and now it seems like they’re leaking much easier. 12 out of the 16 figures from January’s DC series have already turned up on Instagram. So who knows. 

8 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

Yes definitly :grin_wub:

6 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

Because we need Padfoot!

Maybe we finely get a Fang aswell, the first wave have plenty of animals, hope the secend one do also :excited:

6 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

They’ve changed the factory that the CMFs are produced at after the first Harry Potter series came out, and now it seems like they’re leaking much easier. 12 out of the 16 figures from January’s DC series have already turned up on Instagram. So who knows. 

But TLM2 Series and Series 19 didnt leak. 

There is something off about the DC CMF leaking like that. The leaker implied he has the whole series and the rest will be revealed soon.

Edited by Robert8

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

But TLM2 Series and Series 19 didnt leak. 

There is something off about the DC CMF leaking like that. The leaker implied he has the whole series a the rest will be revealed soon.

Yeah it does seem weird - I have been wondering about it. 

That being said, a couple of series 19 figures did leak several weeks before their release, and the checklist sheet for the series along with them. And before that Disney series 2 had Hades’ head leak.

I’m guessing the leaker is either someone who only recently got into a position with access to the CMFs, or a DC employee who has access to the figures sent over for marketing and approval purposes. (The second one is definitely a possibility, after all, JKR tweeted a picture of the new niffler piece months before anything else about the rebooted theme was officially announced). 

10 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

Lockhart’s elaborate outfits basically all beg for the extra detail of a CMF, and I’ve wanted them to use the mid legs to make a proper sized professor Sprout since last cmf. If we’re talking about skipped over GoF characters though, I think Rita Skeeter fits the format of a CMF much better, and just think of what they can do with her with all those metallic prints they’ve been using lately :). 

I suspect that the Weasley and Patil Twins will be saved for sets (in the former case) and future advent calendars (in the later case). 

Krecher definitely needs a new head mold (his looks nothing like Dobby’s) and your right about the goblin head being sorely in need of updating, but we might need to wait for a Gringott’s set for that. 

Yeah, the only way we’re ever getting Tom the bartender is if they make a Leaky Cauldron set, but outfit variations of the main trio are guaranteed. I would also say that Ginny, Neville, Luna and Draco were safe bets as well, to round out the ‘sacred seven’ but Lego left Ginny out last time so I’m only really certain about Luna and Draco (who both have very desired alternate outfits). 

Personally, as far as skipped over characters go, in addition to Lockhart, Sprout and Skeeter, I’m also hoping for Madam Pomfrey, Moaning Myrtle and Lupin’s Werewolf form. 

And of course Tonks and Kingsley are must haves, but they could easily appear in the next wave of sets. 

Agree with Nearly everything you say. Forgot about Skeeter, she's usually in my list. Could easily give her the quill piece in green and a printed tile. Looking back at Dobby it would look a bit too cheery for Kreacher. Even if they do make a leaky cauldron (which I doubt highly) Lego might view Tom as a bar tender (which he kind of is), also how would they make a hunchback, a new shoulder attachment? Would be nice to get an older Draco, as the only one we have so far is 1st/2nd year. Along that lines an older Seamus and Neville might be good to get all Gryffindor boys in Harry's year (easier to do than all Gryffindor girls as they changed for the films)

Madam Pomfrey is another I'd like, but sadly I don't think we'll get. Moaning Myrtle would be good, wonder if they'll make her like Sir Nicolas De Mimsy-Porpington as white with grey detail, or if they'll make her trans blue. I'd like more of the house ghosts, however the only time they appear (minus the grey lady in DHp2) is in PS. Nick and Myrtle are the only ones who really get dialogue.

Would defo be nice to get another Lupin fig. I think it might be better to make it a full werewolf fig, rather than a head mold on a normal Lupin fig. Tonks and Kingsley I could see in a set, either Grimmauld Place or the Ministry of magic, if they do those (although thinking about it, all the sets in the ww theme have been Hogwarts centric, except FB) 

I am very pleased to hear the news! 

I have given future CMF some thought and come up with enough viable characters for 2 more series... I won’t spam this thread with the full list but my preferred ‘series 2’ includes a lot of creature characters/moulds. 

CMF exclusives:

Kreacher: new head. Has the locket and perhaps the Black family tree printed on a large tile.

Werewolf Lupin; uses faun legs, new head mould, and the accessory is Sirius Black’s Dog form 

Grindylow: new head and tentacle legs. Allows a ‘Lake Task’ set to spend its budget on the human characters etc

Patronus Otter; accessory to a OoTF Hermione. If Lego was clever this animal mould  could also be recoloured into a blonde ferret for a GoF Malfoy ;)

CMF’s which subsidise the cost of a new mould used in other sets:

Merperson: new moulds for the hair and tail. 

Griphook: new head mould, which can be printed differently for other goblins. A lantern and key are simple but appropriate accessories.

Edited by Bugbot20082

I think if the sets leak before the cmf series we might have a good idea of what to expect based on minifigures that aren't included in the wave. Personally I think now would be the best time for a Grimmauld Place set in the style of the Doctor Strange Sanctum from the Infinity War sets, which would then make Sirius and Kreacher minifigures in the cmf unlikely. What I think would be really cool would be if there's a Room of Requirement set with the trio and Ron and Hermione's patronuses alongside a Death Eater manikin and Malfoy and then Neville, Ginny and Luna with their patronuses in the minifigure series. Also if we don't finally get Tonks and Kingsley minifigures I'm going to be very surprised. 

On another note what would be the worst character to be included in the minifigure series? Mine would be Mrs Figg from Order of the Phoenix 

20 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

On another note what would be the worst character to be included in the minifigure series? Mine would be Mrs Figg from Order of the Phoenix 

Worst for me might be Barty Crouch senior. It's not that it'd be a bad character, just rather bland. Other than that maybe characters who are good, but would end up using very generic face prints/hair pieces: Cormac Mclaggen, Katie Bell etc. Like, I like the characters, but similar to Oliver Wood in the Quidditch set, I think their faces wouldn't be very unique.

I agree, they should never do figures which are easy to MOC... but I’m happy if they include one or two less important students if they have complex accessories etc, such as Colin Creevey (camera) and Lee Jordon (new hair, microphone)

I’m sorry to say but actually I think Fred and George would be a waste to include in the CMF; they just need prints and there are many potential sets they could be included in.

Edited by Bugbot20082

45 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

If I may make the case for Mrs. Figg... 

Not many elderly female faces in flesh tones. 

Potential for a new hat or headscarf mold, depending on whether she's in court or after the Dementor attack.

Useful torso for other themes, like City.

New trolley mold if its the Dementor attack version. 

I don't care which figures come in the new CMF, I have ones I'd prefer to others but I can't wait to collect them all. 

4 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Yes definitly :grin_wub:

Maybe we finely get a Fang aswell, the first wave have plenty of animals, hope the secend one do also :excited:

Yes!  Hagrid in his Care of Magical Creatures “farmer” outfit with Fang!

This would be a PERFECT opportunity to catch up on pets/Patronuses!

Heck, give us a proper Fawkes with one of Dumbledore’s variants (possibly young/orphanage visit).  

Remake Crookshanks, while they’re at it, because the first one was not great!

Mad-Eye in his vest with a new ferret mold.  Could even be the same mold as Hermione’s Patronus, just in white with printed eyes.  Or partner the ferret with Malfoy in new Slytherin robes.  The possibilities are endless.  Okay, now I’m excited!!!

9 minutes ago, Bugbot20082 said:

I agree, they should never do figures which are easy to MOC... but I’m happy if they include one or two less important students if they have complex accessories etc, such as Colin Creevey (camera) and Lee Jordon (new hair, microphone)

I’m sorry to say but actually I think Fred and George would be a waste to include in the CMF; they just need prints and there are many potential sets they could be included in.

Lee Jordan would be a nice figure to have, maybe we could get a new afro hair piece. Colin Creevey, whilst I like him, I think it's unlikely as he only appeared in the second film. And the character was replaced with Nigel for OotP (and possibly GoF?)

Fred and George would be good to include in a set, especially if they make a full sized Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes. Although, they could add some uncommon colours and accessories in a cmf series.

Here I was thinking Mrs. Figg would actually be a cool addition seeing as it would pretty much be impossible to get her any other way. Not that she’s really necessary but the more the merrier. Same with Aunt Marge, it would be cool to get her with Ripper as an accessory. I would accept any character or variants in the CMF series but I guess if I had to pick a “worst character to get” it would have to be the barista in DH 1. I don’t think these would be limited to movies 4-5. The first one pretty much covered all eight movies to some degree.