Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

So apparently the four sets are from films/ years 1-4 with each film getting a set, if that’s the case I hope for:

year 1: D2C dragon alley or the forbidden corridor 

year 2: the chamber of secrets

year 3: the shrieking shack or hogsmeade

year 4: the second task

12 minutes ago, Legoniche said:

So apparently the four sets are from films/ years 1-4 with each film getting a set, if that’s the case I hope for:

Where is this information about Year 1-4 sets coming from?

12 minutes ago, Legoniche said:

So apparently the four sets are from films/ years 1-4 with each film getting a set [...]

Haven’t seen anything alluding to that in the usual places... Is your source credible? :sweet:

On 9/27/2019 at 4:14 PM, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Gotta say, I think it's pretty unlikely that A.) 4 summer numbers would leak alongside dozens of sets for Nov. 2019 - Jan. 2020, and B.) that LEGO would do only four sets next year for what is proportionally one of their most popular themes.

I agree, but I am no leaker with a source so can not say for sure! As I have said earlier I think it is a winter wave, if it is a 2HY wave it most likely will be 2-3 sets in addition to those that are limited as it has been the 2 first years..

On 10/1/2019 at 4:58 AM, Accio Lego said:

I’d prefer anything that gives us more characters. Plus, the Graves situation could have easily been avoided by just having two more characters that were two per box.

Yes the more the merrier :grin: and as long as it is one of the less interesting figs that is the chase like the policeman and it is one per box I do not care to much if there is a chase fig. I will get it without much truble anyway, but I prefer 22 without any chase fig given the choice. If the choice is between 16 of at least 3 a piece or 22 with one chase I prefer the latter to get more WW figs:wink:

7 hours ago, Legoniche said:

Sounds interesting if it is true! Lego will sooner than later act on the fact that they have a new best seller theme on their hands. That is most likely why we got the advent calender out of the blue.. I guess they will keep up the 2 films per year in summer sets, but a 1HY wave with missing sets from the first 4 films instead of waiting several years before they start over again could be a smart way to do it :sweet:

8 hours ago, Legoniche said:

So apparently the four sets are from films/ years 1-4 with each film getting a set

That would be pretty disappointing, unless it's only the first wave of 2020 and we'll get OotP and HBP in the summer. Don't get me wrong, I really want sets like the CoS and the Shrieking Shack. But I'm more looking forward to sets like the astronomy tower

Taking this years 1-4 idea with a grain of salt considering nothing is confirmed, as much as I want sets (and figs) from the later films as I was in a dark age last time they were around, I also like the idea of infilling from the first few years. Having just re-watched all the films, I have a new appreciation of how well Lego has covered the movies so far with sets and figs, but there is obviously the glaring omission of Lockhart and the Chamber of Secrets from Year 2. Saying that, I can't see Lego releasing a Chamber of Secrets when they have included the Basilisk in the Great Hall, and I can't seem them retiring the Great Hall just yet when the set is apparently selling so well and it plays a major part in the modular castle system they seem to be creating. So I'm not sure about a Chamber of Secrets or any other set that really requires a section of castle (say the troll scene or Forbidden Corridor) coming anytime soon because it messes with that system. Making more sets from the first four movies certainly wouldn't be hard though: Privet Drive, Diagon / Knockturn Alley, The Burrow, Shrieking Shack, the Lake task, Durmstrung Ship etc. They all seem like fair size sets though rather than a wave with a spread of prices. To be honest, as long as the theme keeps going long enough to cover the later films eventually I rather they take their time, but I'm just happy with what we get anyway. The idea of a time with no new Harry Potter Lego seems ludicrous now, but also a scary memory that will surely become a reality again at some point so I want to enjoy it whilst it lasts.

1 hour ago, BacktoBricks said:

The Burrow

I think/hope I speak for many people here by saying we want a DH wedding Burrow

1 hour ago, BacktoBricks said:

The idea of a time with no new Harry Potter Lego seems ludicrous now, but also a scary memory that will surely become a reality again at some point so I want to enjoy it whilst it lasts.

Just the thought of this worries me a little bit. Even though the theme is stronger than ever at the moment

It still frustrates me that it took until the Fantastic Beasts movies for LEGO to realize that HP could still be a bestseller.  

7 hours ago, Roebuck said:

I guess they will keep up the 2 films per year in summer sets, but a 1HY wave with missing sets from the first 4 films instead of waiting several years before they start over again could be a smart way to do it :sweet:

You might be on to something here! Time will tell.  

Oh, and if there are Chase figures, they should obviously be Katie Bell, Alicia Spinnet, and Angelina Johnson.  :grin:

I might be the only one, but I think we need new spell pieces. Like the super heroes power burst things, but they clip onto wands.

11 minutes ago, DeCommander96 said:

I might be the only one, but I think we need new spell pieces. Like the super heroes power burst things, but they clip onto wands.

That's pretty much impossible given the shape of the wands

9 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I think/hope I speak for many people here by saying we want a DH wedding Burrow

Yes! I’ll take everyone in their wedding robes over Ginny in her bathrobe any day. (Fleur’s wedding dress deserves to be immortalized in minifigure form)

2 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Yes! I’ll take everyone in their wedding robes over Ginny in her bathrobe any day. (Fleur’s wedding dress deserves to be immortalized in minifigure form)

It would be awesome as a set similair in price and piececount to the Clocktower. ~900 pieces to build the Burrow (with an interior based on all movies it appeared in) and a medium sized tent for the wedding as a larger sidebuild. And if we stick with the Clocktowers 8 figures I'd suggest Fleur, Bill, Molly, Arthur, Ginny, Ron, Hermione and maybe Luna? I really feel like Harry shouldn't be included in this (potential) set, waste of a figurespot

5 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

It would be awesome as a set similair in price and piececount to the Clocktower. ~900 pieces to build the Burrow (with an interior based on all movies it appeared in) and a medium sized tent for the wedding as a larger sidebuild. And if we stick with the Clocktowers 8 figures I'd suggest Fleur, Bill, Molly, Arthur, Ginny, Ron, Hermione and maybe Luna? I really feel like Harry shouldn't be included in this (potential) set, waste of a figurespot

The wedding does get attacked though, Harry and some death eaters might be shoehorned in for some action potential. 

Isn’t the new (“old”) batman cowl just the wolverine mask in black?

also i like the new wonder woman with the skirt piece. 

1 hour ago, Borex said:

Isn’t the new (“old”) batman cowl just the wolverine mask in black?

also i like the new wonder woman with the skirt piece. 

This is the Harry Potter thread mate :wink: 

21 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

This is the Harry Potter thread mate :wink: 

Ah too early :-s my bad

Sorry guys, I meant I saw it on Instagram aha, I have literally 0 inside source myself or whatever- I just thought I’d say since a leaker put it on insta - but they’re probably not too reliable 

the account is called ‘brickleaks’ 

Again, no idea if they’re reliable, just interesting 

Edited by Legoniche

26 minutes ago, Legoniche said:

Sorry guys, I meant I saw it on Instagram aha, I have literally 0 inside source myself or whatever- I just thought I’d say since a leaker put it on insta - but they’re probably not too reliable 

the account is called ‘brickleaks’ 

Again, no idea if they’re reliable, just interesting 

HP (insert number here) stands for the number of sets we're getting, not the number of one the movies. This info is exactly the same as the info from a few months ago

And besides that an account with a little over 100 followers aren't reliable 99% of the time

Edited by Guyon2002

5 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

HP (insert number here) stands for the number of sets we're getting, not the number of one the movies. This info is exactly the same as the info from a few months ago

And besides that an account with a little over 100 followers aren't reliable 99% of the time

Oh damn- then I retract everything I said, sorry guys ?

21 hours ago, DeCommander96 said:

I think we need new broomstick pieces. It really doesn't look great when they're just holding on with one hand. They could either make it with a flattened section going through the legs, like the bike piece. Or have it like the utility belt or tail pieces with part of it slotted between the leg and torso pieces.

15 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Yes I agree. Maybe with some dancing plattforms as well. I'm really hoping that we get the wedding scene. But I think Harry is a must have in this set. If it comes with 8 figures my prediction is Harry, Hermione, Ron, Fleur, Bill, Ginny, Xenophilius and Luna. Personal I would really want Elphias Doge and Aunt Muriel, but I doubt that Lego will do them as they were only minor characters. Expecting to get Athur and Molly in a CMF2 with their normal clothes, similar to their previous versions.

2 hours ago, Minga 089 said:

Yes I agree. Maybe with some dancing plattforms as well. I'm really hoping that we get the wedding scene. But I think Harry is a must have in this set. If it comes with 8 figures my prediction is Harry, Hermione, Ron, Fleur, Bill, Ginny, Xenophilius and Luna. Personal I would really want Elphias Doge and Aunt Muriel, but I doubt that Lego will do them as they were only minor characters. Expecting to get Athur and Molly in a CMF2 with their normal clothes, similar to their previous versions.

Xenophilius is better for the CMF imo

2 hours ago, Minga 089 said:

My pick for the Burrow is Harry, Ron, Hermione, Bill, Fleur, Arthur, Molly, Ginny, Aunt Muriel and Elphias Doge. As you said, these two last ones are minor characters, but they are pretty essencial to the scene, and while I love Susan Bones or The Trolley Witch, they both had less screen time than Elphias and Muriel, so I hope they make them.

Just now, RAMcGonagall said:

My pick for the Burrow is Harry, Ron, Hermione, Bill, Fleur, Arthur, Molly, Ginny, Aunt Muriel and Elphias Doge. As you said, these two last ones are minor characters, but they are pretty essencial to the scene, and while I love Susan Bones or The Trolley Witch, they both had less screen time than Elphias and Muriel, so I hope they make them.

Or they could just put the minor characters in the cmf 

Just now, DeCommander96 said:

Or they could just put the minor characters in the cmf 

I guess minor characters aren't appealing for a CMF tho, but we had Dean so who knows