Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

On 9/26/2019 at 11:00 AM, RAMcGonagall said:

Yesterday I got the promotional Diagon Alley set and I must say it's really good and I loved the Ollivander minifigure, I missed the Diagon Alley from 2011 so it's great to finally have him.

Glsd you like it, it goes well with the microscale Hogwarts but it doesnt compare to the actual diagon alley...the system scale version.  That's like comparing apples to oranges.

Edited by lego the hutt

9 hours ago, lego the hutt said:

Glsd you like it, it goes well with the microscale Hogwarts but it doesnt compare to the actually diagon alley...the system scale version.  That's like comparing apples to oranges.

Or comparing apples to...very much bigger apples

22 minutes ago, The Pearson said:

FalconFan said on his Instagram story that the 4 sets we have set numbers for will be a summer 2020 release.

Gotta say, I think it's pretty unlikely that A.) 4 summer numbers would leak alongside dozens of sets for Nov. 2019 - Jan. 2020, and B.) that LEGO would do only four sets next year for what is proportionally one of their most popular themes.

Getting only 4 sets next year seems highly unlikely to me. Especially as from movie 4 onward there were a lot more characters and locations than the first 3 movies had

4 hours ago, The Pearson said:

FalconFan said on his Instagram story that the 4 sets we have set numbers for will be a summer 2020 release.

I can see this happening if they're all dedicated order of the Phoenix sets and we get 4 more in a winter wave 2020 with 4 half blood prince sets. Other than that I'm not too sure. 8 sets in the year of 2020 seems more line with previous years

I can definitely see us only getting four sets this year. OoTP and HBP largely take place at Hogwarts. So if I’m gonna guess it will be The Astronomy Tower, The Burrow, Ministry Of Magic, and maybe a Forbidden Forest ala Aragog or Patronum and you have covered pretty much everything. Fingers crossed for a D2C Diagon Alley that has elements from the three movies it was featured in. 

On 9/27/2019 at 9:30 PM, RODDY said:

OoTP and HBP largely take place at Hogwarts.

I don't know actually OotP has alot of scenes before Hogwarts, with Harry getting expelled, Grimmauld Place, his Hearing. Then later on for Christmas. And finally the showdown at the Ministry for Magic. Compare that to the first three films where it starts off at Little Whinging, but once it gets to Hogwarts it stays there.

I do hope that Lego go back to each movie once they have made sets for all 7 because thete is so much more we can still see from them.  

4 hours ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

I don't know actually OotP has alot of scenes before Hogwarts, with Harry getting expelled, Grimmauld Place, his Hearing. Then later on for Christmas. And finally the showdown at the Ministry for Magic. Compare that to the first three films where it starts off at Little Whinging, but once it gets to Hogwarts it stays there.

Like I said, the amount of characters and locations increases significantly from GoF onwards. 4 sets could only work if they are basing this wave on OotP only

11 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Like I said, the amount of characters and locations increases significantly from GoF onwards. 4 sets could only work if they are basing this wave on OotP only

Given that we got 2 movies with 7 summer sets this year - getting OotP and HBP in two waves of 4 sets each (8 total) actually would be pretty similar numbers wise. 

I could see it working too. 

OotP: Grimmauld Place, Hogwarts (DA Room of Requirement), Grawp, and something from the ministry 

HBP: Inferi cave, Borgin and Burke’s, Weasleys’ Wizarding Wheezes, Astronomy Tower 

(And if we get the same format as the last two years my money is on the Astronomy Tower and RoR being the same set)

Edited by Accio Lego

OK, so Toyrs R Us Japan does have blocktober for this year starting tomorrow. They are not minifigures though.

They are Mini sets with 4 themes. There are 4 cities in Asia each with a different season. There is nothing to do with regular series.

But they do have 50 percent off many sets including some Harry Potter ones from the newest batch.

Oh, and it is exclusive to toys R us.

Oh, and they also have a campaign that 60 people during the month will win around 100 dollars and 3 people will get 

tickets and accomodation to go to Legoland for 2 adults and 2 kids, etc.

But I am sure you probably already heard all this on the net a week or two ago

Edited by Acura

I prefer the smaller waves HP has to the huge over-saturated waves Star Wars gets.

Also why should, bigger movie = more sets at once? 

I guess I can see the logic behind giving it more sets overall, but I don't think that means more sets per wave.

25 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

I prefer the smaller waves HP has to the huge over-saturated waves Star Wars gets.

Also why should, bigger movie = more sets at once? 

I guess I can see the logic behind giving it more sets overall, but I don't think that means more sets per wave.

There are more potential sets in the later movies but the current amount of sets is half of what we got this and last year, we are pretty much saying it isn't possible to do 2 movies justice with only 4 sets

22 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

There are more potential sets in the later movies but the current amount of sets is half of what we got this and last year, we are pretty much saying it isn't possible to do 2 movies justice with only 4 sets

Yes perhaps, but they could realise a wave of 4 and then another wave of 4 for the same movie rather than one wave of 8 for example.

Edited by Agent Kallus

On 9/27/2019 at 3:30 PM, RODDY said:

I can definitely see us only getting four sets this year. OoTP and HBP largely take place at Hogwarts. So if I’m gonna guess it will be The Astronomy Tower, The Burrow, Ministry Of Magic, and maybe a Forbidden Forest ala Aragog or Patronum and you have covered pretty much everything. Fingers crossed for a D2C Diagon Alley that has elements from the three movies it was featured in. 

My bet for next year is:

-4 normal sets from Goblet of Fire and Order of the Phoenix* (for example: Second Task, Ministry battle, Privet Drive, Grimmauld Place)

-A D2C Diagon Alley for $300-ish

-Collectible Minifigures Series 2 (All Potter, no Beasts)

IMO, that would be plenty, and it would explain why there are only four sets of which we’re aware

*JEDIJACPENGUIN thinks that the four sets will be a combination of Goblet of Fire and Order of the Phoenix, and they’re reliable, so I trust them.  That might mean no Astronomy Tower next year, but hey, it’s an excuse to draw out the license, which is no bad thing.  

3 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

Treason, Agent Kallus.  I’ll be turning you over to the ISB.  :grin:  In all seriousness, I totally agree with you.  

53 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

My bet for next year is:

-4 normal sets from Goblet of Fire and Order of the Phoenix* (for example: Second Task, Ministry battle, Privet Drive, Grimmauld Place)

-A D2C Diagon Alley for $300-ish

-Collectible Minifigures Series 2 (All Potter, no Beasts)

IMO, that would be plenty, and it would explain why there are only four sets of which we’re aware

*JEDIJACPENGUIN thinks that the four sets will be a combination of Goblet of Fire and Order of the Phoenix, and they’re reliable, so I trust them.  That might mean no Astronomy Tower next year, but hey, it’s an excuse to draw out the license, which is no bad thing.  

That would be kinda disappointing to me, the Hogwarts sections are the sets I'm most looking forward too

If we are indeed getting a second series of the Harry Potter CMF I really hope it will have only 18 figures like the Disney 2 CMF. It may sound weird but the 22-figure format is what created what I like to call the ''Graves-situation'', and I'd rather get less figures than another chase-figure like him

59 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

If we are indeed getting a second series of the Harry Potter CMF I really hope it will have only 18 figures like the Disney 2 CMF. It may sound weird but the 22-figure format is what created what I like to call the ''Graves-situation'', and I'd rather get less figures than another chase-figure like him

I hope we get another 22 fig series, but split again with some FB characters like young Dumbledore, CoG Credence, and Nagini

5 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I’d prefer anything that gives us more characters. Plus, the Graves situation could have easily been avoided by just having two more characters that were two per box. I think Lego was just a little too enamored with the chase figure idea after the anniversary series, and had the ‘bright’ idea to use it in the following series as well. They haven’t saddled us with it again so I’m guessing they learned their lesson about what fans really think of it. 

4 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

I’d prefer anything that gives us more characters. Plus, the Graves situation could have easily been avoided by just having two more characters that were two per box. I think Lego was just a little too enamored with the chase figure idea after the anniversary series, and had the ‘bright’ idea to use it in the following series as well. They haven’t saddled us with it again so I’m guessing they learned their lesson about what fans really think of it. 

Let's hope so!

19 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

That would be kinda disappointing to me, the Hogwarts sections are the sets I'm most looking forward too

I thought of that too.  Well, those were only my guesses; we could easily get something like a “Hogwarts North Tower” featuring the Room of Requirement, Umbridge’s Office and the Divination Classroom (I know that’s not architecturally accurate)   

My point is, my guess is still four regular sets + D2C + CMF.  I wouldn’t necessarily mind being proven wrong, though.  :classic:

Remember that those set numbers for next year follow each other upwards. This year we had 7 sets and three different set number areas. So we might get more sets!