Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

4 minutes ago, Murdoch17 said:

Sorry if this is slightly off topic, but it though this would be the best place for it! So is it just me, or does the new Gingerbread house look like it could be heavily modified (I.E. remove the candy features and introduce tan tiles over windows, renovate the exterior fireplace, and such) into the Shrieking Shack?

(not my picture, it;'s from Brickset's review of the set)

The white piping con the walls ould stay, as could the rooftop snow and brown framework, but what about the rest? What would be good for windows, for example? I was thinking about trying it out in LDD once the instructions get released...

This could be better modified into some kind of Hogsmeade building, unless you're trying to make your own representation of the Shrieking Shack. The movie version looks like this:

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor shrieking shack movie

1 hour ago, Murdoch17 said:

So is it just me, or does the new Gingerbread house look like it could be heavily modified (I.E. remove the candy features and introduce tan tiles over windows, renovate the exterior fireplace, and such) into the Shrieking Shack?

To be honest, I think the only thing that connects the Gingerbread house to the Shrieking Shack is the fact that it is a snow covered building. Otherwise it looks nothing like the movie version of the SS. I think the Clocktower build actually looks closer design wise to the SS than the GH.

Yeah it could be used to represent a form of hogsmeade building but instead of the shrieking shack I would turn it into a honeydukes personally as the candy theme could be incorporated into that without heavy modding but stuff like the bathroom may have to be gutted and renovated like a storage room. If only it was on the bottom floor it could be treated like the one eyed witch passage way.

Is there a possibility of a King's Cross station set? With a full 9 and 3/4 this time

As a Londoner, this would be  a really cool and fun set. They don't even need to include the Express, just a building the size of maybe the Wakanda building from the infinity war sets. Some of u will say that's too small, it isn't because they just need to make a bigger platform, and some other generic areas. If you wanted a full building, maybe the size of the 06 batcave? I can't imagine it being bigger than that without loads of empty areas

7 minutes ago, DeCommander96 said:

Is there a possibility of a King's Cross station set? With a full 9 and 3/4 this time

I doubt it. I don't think Lego would make such a 'muggle' set in the HP line. Also not sure if they'd retread a location which they've just done. Nice idea though.

Just now, (Insert Name Here) said:

I doubt it. I don't think Lego would make such a 'muggle' set in the HP line. Also not sure if they'd retread a location which they've just done. Nice idea though.

Wait when did they do it?

47 minutes ago, DeCommander96 said:

As a Londoner, this would be  a really cool and fun set. They don't even need to include the Express, just a building the size of maybe the Wakanda building from the infinity war sets. Some of u will say that's too small, it isn't because they just need to make a bigger platform, and some other generic areas. If you wanted a full building, maybe the size of the 06 batcave? I can't imagine it being bigger than that without loads of empty areas

I'd say unlikely to no chance at all, the only way I could see us getting Kings Cross again is through the Architecture theme (especially since we just got it last year)

32 minutes ago, DeCommander96 said:

Wait when did they do it?

Platform 9 and 3/4 was only a small part of the trainstation in the Hogwarts Express set, most of it was Kings Cross

A new leak is going around that there will be DC Collectible Minifigures next year...which means I guess we won't see Potter Series 2 until 2021?

16 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

A new leak is going around that there will be DC Collectible Minifigures next year...which means I guess we won't see Potter Series 2 until 2021?

We’ve known about the series for a while, some of the figures have been leaked this weekend, though. It’s due in January.

1 hour ago, RogueTwo said:

There’s 3 slots each year, 2 for licensed series and 1 for a regular series. January 2020 sees the release of the DC series and May will bring us series 20, which leaves us with an unknown licensed series due around September :classic: There currently aren’t any rumours indicating what it may be, but WW series 2 shouldn’t be ruled out just yet :sweet:

3 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

There’s 3 slots each year, 2 for licensed series and 1 for a regular series. January 2020 sees the release of the DC series and May will bring us series 20, which leaves us with an unknown licensed series due around September :classic: There currently aren’t any rumours indicating what it may be, but WW series 2 shouldn’t be ruled out just yet :sweet:

4 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

We’ve known about the series for a while, some of the figures have been leaked this weekend, though. It’s due in January.

Ooh, my bad.  I was wondering why it wasn’t breaking new here.  :grin:

In that case, I maintain my previously held belief that we will get Series 2 next year!

16 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

There is a third CMF coming in August 2020, so DC coming with a series doesn't rule WW out

Actually it makes it more likely, come to think of it.  More money for Warner Bros.  

On 9/21/2019 at 4:10 PM, Murdoch17 said:

Sorry if this is slightly off topic, but it though this would be the best place for it! So is it just me, or does the new Gingerbread house look like it could be heavily modified (I.E. remove the candy features and introduce tan tiles over windows, renovate the exterior fireplace, and such) into the Shrieking Shack?

48764275727_2824c5a03b_z.jpg

(not my picture, it;'s from Brickset's review of the set)

The white piping con the walls ould stay, as could the rooftop snow and brown framework, but what about the rest? What would be good for windows, for example? I was thinking about trying it out in LDD once the instructions get released...

I would say that it probably looks a lot closer to the Three Broomsticks in Hogsmeade than the Shrieking Shack. 

Grindelwald's Escape and Newt's Suitcase are the only Wizarding World sets to be discontinued at the end of the year. Which further supports the facts that 1. the theme sells very well and 2. Harry Potter sells better than Fantastic Beasts

15 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Grindelwald's Escape and Newt's Suitcase are the only Wizarding World sets to be discontinued at the end of the year. Which further supports the facts that 1. the theme sells very well and 2. Harry Potter sells better than Fantastic Beasts

I'm not doubting that you're right, but how do you know those sets are being discontinued? I can't see anything on the Lego website saying as such.

38 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

I'm not doubting that you're right, but how do you know those sets are being discontinued? I can't see anything on the Lego website saying as such.

Stonewars posted an article containing all the sets that are getting discontinued at the end of the year, they are very reliable

20 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Stonewars posted an article containing all the sets that are getting discontinued at the end of the year, they are very reliable

Ah okay. Just taken a look at the article. There's a couple of conflicts with Star Wars sets that other 'leaks' say aren't retiring yet, but I agree Stonewars is usually reliable. And I would expect the FB sets to retire soon. In fact I got Newt's Case the other day on that logic.

4 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

Ah okay. Just taken a look at the article. There's a couple of conflicts with Star Wars sets that other 'leaks' say aren't retiring yet, but I agree Stonewars is usually reliable. And I would expect the FB sets to retire soon. In fact I got Newt's Case the other day on that logic.

Aren't they super discounted in the uk? Not sure about US and other places tho

31 minutes ago, DeCommander96 said:

Aren't they super discounted in the uk? Not sure about US and other places tho

No not really. They have had discounts in the past, but no more than other HP sets I'd say. Unless you happen to find some lucky super local deal.

2 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

No not really. They have had discounts in the past, but no more than other HP sets I'd say. Unless you happen to find some lucky super local deal.

Ah ok it's just my local store then. Thought it was all over, sorry

1 hour ago, DeCommander96 said:

Ah ok it's just my local store then. Thought it was all over, sorry

No problem. I never get good deals in my area lol.

Yesterday I got the promotional Diagon Alley set and I must say it's really good and I loved the Ollivander minifigure, I missed the Diagon Alley from 2011 so it's great to finally have him.