Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

22 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Because they appeared in only a single scene, and they were incredibly insignficant to the story (especially in the movies).

- Trolley Witch is pretty much essential to the Hogwarts Express, making the train without her can't really be done

- Susan Bones was more or less filler, and a great way to give us our first (generic) Hufflepuff outfit

- Gabrielle Delacour had a decently sized part during the Second Task and is one of only 2 significant Beauxbatons students alongside her sister

Bricktober isn't happening again now that ToysRUs is gone, even if they'd continue it themselves we would've heard something by now

This is one of the most stupid plotpoints in the franchise. Why transport the most dangerous wizard of all time (at that moment) to a different prison if he's already safely locked up in New York? That's just asking for problems and incredibly cliche from a writing perspective

Do you honestly think lego will ever do something like that?

No, that's why I put 'might be too far' 

and yes, that's the dumbest thing ever lol, and they should've made sure it was actually him and not someone on polyjuice

20 minutes ago, DeCommander96 said:

And yes, that's the dumbest thing ever lol, and they should've made sure it was actually him and not someone on polyjuice

Especially since moments before they said he was incredibly persuasive. It would've made much more sense to either:

- start the movie with a group of Grindelwald followers attacking MACUSA and managing to free Grindy

- start the movie with a newspaper montage similair to the first one saying Grindy has either escaped or was broken out of prison

Part of me wants to point out why the Grindelwald move happened, but ultimately this isn’t really the forum to discuss it in. 

And in the end, Lego made that their CoG set because that was probably the only scene where they had enough info so the final product would be screen accurate. Same way the chupacabra and baby nifflers featured in a bunch of Funko merch despite only appearing in minor scenes while the Zouwu only got made as a con exclusive. 

And while it’s fun to speculate on what we might get next year, we really are flying in completely blind as to what Lego will prioritize. All the other Harry Potter sets were based off of movies that got full waves when they came out - meaning they were mostly remakes with just a couple of new concepts. For movies 5-8 it’s the exact opposite. I’m actually excited to see what Lego will do. 

12 minutes ago, DeCommander96 said:

Does anybody know if Lego still listen to Lego ideas? I have seen loads with 10,000 followers/supporters and only a select few get made. Also I found a shell cottage idea, this is what I had in mind. 

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/3e06c809-7081-4600-9038-a55f5a94a985

There are tons of things the designers look at when reviewing the projects that achieved 10,000 supporters including licensing and playability/displayability but this wouldn't be the place to discuss them. Here is a link to the rules page though: https://ideas.lego.com/guidelines

I do think it's worth sharing 1 rule here which I think refers to what you were saying: lego doesn't allow Ideas projects based on owned or previously owned IP's (except for the occasional Disney set apparently)

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

There are tons of things the designers look at when reviewing the projects that achieved 10,000 supporters including licensing and playability/displayability but this wouldn't be the place to discuss them. Here is a link to the rules page though: https://ideas.lego.com/guidelines

I do think it's worth sharing 1 rule here which I think refers to what you were saying: lego doesn't allow Ideas projects based on owned or previously owned IP's (except for the occasional Disney set apparently)

Ah ok I didn't know that thank you

4 minutes ago, DeCommander96 said:

Does anybody know if Lego still listen to Lego ideas? I have seen loads with 10,000 followers/supporters and only a select few get made. Also I found a shell cottage idea, this is what I had in mind. 

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/3e06c809-7081-4600-9038-a55f5a94a985

There’s a specific process that product ideas have to go through to get approved and made into sets. Getting 10000 supporters is part of it, but each set also goes in front of a review board that gets the final say on if it becomes an official set or not. Most of the sets that go up for review ultimately get turned down for various reasons (Lego doesn’t give specific reasons for each set but they have published general lists of examples in the past. Ranging from ‘our production lines couldn’t handle it’ to ‘too unstable or unsafe’ to ‘third party wouldn’t license their IP’ among others). The ideas project you’ve specifically linked wouldn’t be allowed these days because Lego has since made a rule against proposals based on preexisting Lego licenses. Whether or not Lego pays attention to popular ideas subjects when planning new sets is anyone’s guess. (But it’s been theorized that ‘we already had a similar set in the pipeline’ has been the reason a couple of good submissions have gone unapproved)

3 hours ago, DeCommander96 said:

we only need 3 or 4 rooms inside like maybe a family room, ollys room, griphooks room and maybe a generic room but that's not necessary. Also a side build for Dobby

Shell cottage would be a great way to get: Griphook, Garrick Olivander and Bill Weasley. If they were to make it, I'm not sure if it would be big enough to warrant all the characters who are in the scene: Harry, Ron, Hermione, Luna, Fleur and the three others mentioned. A beach setting would be unique for the HP line.

As mentioned earlier, it would be nice to have an update of the Burrow, especially as it's a location used for Christmas (in Half Blood Prince). Would be good to help get more of the Weasley's too, as we still don't have a Ginny update.

1 hour ago, Accio Lego said:

And in the end, Lego made that their CoG set because that was probably the only scene where they had enough info so the final product would be screen accurate. Same way the chupacabra and baby nifflers featured in a bunch of Funko merch despite only appearing in minor scenes while the Zouwu only got made as a con exclusive. 

Yeah I know what you mean. The film was quite misleading, as nearly every trailer had the kelpie and the Kappa in it, then the film had only a few minutes of each. Also the baby nifflers were set up in the beginning but had no pay off.

As the films stray away from the Beast narrative it gets harder to know which Beasts are important. At least we got a great looking Thestral in the last set.

40 minutes ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

Yeah I know what you mean. The film was quite misleading, as nearly every trailer had the kelpie and the Kappa in it, then the film had only a few minutes of each. Also the baby nifflers were set up in the beginning but had no pay off.

As the films stray away from the Beast narrative it gets harder to know which Beasts are important. At least we got a great looking Thestral in the last set.

It’s not really all that different from any other movie trailer, you don’t want to give away the meaty parts of the movie, but you’ve got to at least hint at what’s going to happen. The issues come when a merchandise manufacturer oversells the teasers they’re given in the trailer but then don’t follow up with a wave of the spoilery fan favorite stuff after   The movie gets released (Funko has done that quite a bit). We can only hope Lego will do what the did with the first movie and go back and give us at least one set featuring the real stars of CoG. 

Recently I built the Beauxbatons carriage and Gabrielle had the sleeping face (I just looked at the minifigure because I forgot), is this a tease of a Second Task set coming out next year? 

Also, how big are the chances to get a Durmstrag ship? It bugs me to not have gotten an Igor Karkaroff this wave, considering that we (obviously) have Dumbledore and already two versions of Madame Olympe Maxime...

4 hours ago, RAMcGonagall said:

Also, how big are the chances to get a Durmstrag ship? It bugs me to not have gotten an Igor Karkaroff this wave, considering that we (obviously) have Dumbledore and already two versions of Madame Olympe Maxime...

Right? I don't know if there are big chances, but they threw in Prisoner of azkaban in last year's hogwarts express, and in this year's wave of sets as well, so...

Also, if they do the durmstrang ship I hope it won't be a huge expensive set due to the small role it had, but looking at the beauxbatons carriage and its price makes it seem very difficult.

8 hours ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

Which makes my main thought on the Fantastic Beasts franchise even stronger: Fantastic Beasts should've been the first film in an overarching story about Gellert Grindelwald, his rise to power and his defeat at the hands of Youngledore. Especially as the character arcs for pretty much all main characters in FB ended in a satisfying way in the first movie, they kinda made the story for CoG feel a little weird.

- Newt was just 'there' because he was the main character for the first film

- Jacob got his memory back through the worst possible way from a writing perspective (and his arc in FB was the most finished of all of them!)

- Queenie didn't really do much

- Tina made at least some sense as she's from MACUSA

5 hours ago, RAMcGonagall said:

Recently I built the Beauxbatons carriage and Gabrielle had the sleeping face (I just looked at the minifigure because I forgot), is this a tease of a Second Task set coming out next year? 

I strongly believe the Second Task and Durmstrang Ship will come eventually but not in the coming 2 years. 2020 will be all about movies 5 and 6, 2021 will be all about movies 7 and 8. If the theme is still going strong after 2021 they will probably go through the movies once again to remake some of the sets and fill in some of the gaps

13 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Charlie will also most likely never happen, as he never appeared in any of the movies.

Not true, had a very small part in POA :tongue:
latest?cb=20170104011643

11 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

This is one of the most stupid plotpoints in the franchise. Why transport the most dangerous wizard of all time (at that moment) to a different prison if he's already safely locked up in New York? That's just asking for problems and incredibly cliche from a writing perspective

Well, prison transports happen all the time.. A criminal may be arrested in a different country than where he/she has done the worst crimes. If the countries have a extradition treaty, the prisoner will be handed over to the other country..
On the other hand I agree that several things in the movie is confusing the first time you see it including that scene.. I saw it again some days ago and recommend it since it was not so confusing the second time around :blush:

8 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

We can only hope Lego will do what the did with the first movie and go back and give us at least one set featuring the real stars of CoG. 

:thumbup:

6 hours ago, RAMcGonagall said:

Welcome :classic:
It could be (hopefully) or just a fan service from Lego:shrug_oh_well:

Edited by Roebuck

36 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Well, prison transports happen all the time.. A criminal may be arrested in a different country than where he/she has done the worst crimes. If the countries have a extradition treaty, the prisoner will be handed over to the other country..
On the other hand I agree that several things in the movie is confusing the first time you see it including that scene.. I saw it again some days ago and recommend it since it was not so confusing the second time around :blush:

At least the scene itself was cool (except for that moment where he threw that creature (Armando?) out of the carriage, that was nothing more than a pointless ''this-is-the-villain'' thing)

7 hours ago, RAMcGonagall said:

I appreciate that they designed a new face print rather than recycling the „young girl“ face print they often use but I still don‘t get why *huh* Previews or teases like that aren‘t exactly common. I mean they could‘ve done the same thing last year by including the PoA style face prints for the trio in the Hogwarts Express, but they didn‘t. Maybe they had enough budget for one extra print and decided to spend it on Gabrielle?

Another explanation could be that there was supposed to be a second task set that was either cancelled or postponed to next year and they decided to use the face print anyway.

3 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Welcome :classic:
It could be (hopefully) or just a fan service from Lego:shrug_oh_well:

I really hope it's not fan service.

And thank you!

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Another explanation could be that there was supposed to be a second task set that was either cancelled or postponed to next year and they decided to use the face print anyway.

Maybe the Rise of Voldemort and the Beauxbatons Carriage were originally releasing next year? Madame Maxime has black hair instead of brown in the set, maybe that means the minifigures were from two separate waves.

10 hours ago, RAMcGonagall said:

It's probably just because they didn't know what to print on the face lol

1 hour ago, RAMcGonagall said:

Maybe the Rise of Voldemort and the Beauxbatons Carriage were originally releasing next year? Madame Maxime has black hair instead of brown in the set, maybe that means the minifigures were from two separate waves.

Those 2 sets being pushed back to August while being originally part of the June wave is much more likely, or they were always intended to release in August

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Those 2 sets being pushed back to August while being originally part of the June wave is much more likely, or they were always intended to release in August

You’re right, there has to be some split in the development of these two waves. How else would one explain the inconsistencies between the two waves, especially the use of two different face prints for Fleur. I‘m pretty sure Fleur‘s new face was designed for Phoebe from the Friends ideas set and not the other way round, given the singing expression :classic:

31 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I‘m pretty sure Fleur‘s new face was designed for Phoebe from the Friends ideas set and not the other way round, given the singing expression :classic:

At least the new face print they gave Fleur looks more much the character than the other two versions

1 hour ago, RAMcGonagall said:

At least the new face print they gave Fleur looks more much the character than the other two versions

Yeah true

is there a list of all the characters were missing? I'm having a hard time remembering every single one lol. 

1 hour ago, DeCommander96 said:

is there a list of all the characters were missing? I'm having a hard time remembering every single one lol. 

I’ve compiled my own set of lists, one of which includes every named character in the movies, but pasting that here would make for an obnoxiously long post. 

It also depends on whether you’re talking about characters we haven’t gotten yet in the reboot, or characters we haven’t gotten yet overall. 

Just now, Accio Lego said:

I’ve compiled my own set of lists, one of which includes every named character in the movies, but pasting that here would make for an obnoxiously long post. 

It also depends on whether you’re talking about characters we haven’t gotten yet in the reboot, or characters we haven’t gotten yet overall. 

Overall, can you pm it to me?

Might have already been mentioned, but the McGonagall in the Advent Calendar only has a single-sided head. Whilst I'd much prefer a new element with hair and hat (which I doubt would have come in an advent calendar) at least this now solves the problem of her other face being visible from behind.

Just now, kirkwoodproductions said:

Might have already been mentioned, but the McGonagall in the Advent Calendar only has a single-sided head. Whilst I'd much prefer a new element with hair and hat (which I doubt would have come in an advent calendar) at least this now solves the problem of her other face being visible from behind.

I saw a thread where they show a bunch of alternate hair pieces you can use that cover the expression