Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

1 hour ago, DeCommander96 said:

Probably too small a character to include. I didn't know who she was until I googled it when I saw your post.

My guess is she'll become more important. It's typical Rowling writing of introducing and setting up characters to become useful later. Look at Abernathy introduced as a minor passing character in FB1 to be more important in FB2. I'd add Bunty to the list of figures that we could see some day if they do a set of Newt's basement. I'd put money on her character becoming significant after the way Rowling forced her introduction into the second film.

If they do make a FB CoG set or two they should make the Zouwu at the Cirque Arcanus. I'd pick Nagini (with snake piece), Skender, Tina (hair piece without hat would be nice) and/or Credence. Skender's design could be similar to one of the dwarves from The Hobbit theme, with the large beards.

The set could be like Newt's case, but as a tent shape, with the circus inside. Whilst the Zouwu could be the main beast, they could always have the Kappa, maybe minifig sized. Or just the small dragon like creatures Credence uses as a distraction.

8 hours ago, DeCommander96 said:

Probably too small a character to include. I didn't know who she was until I googled it when I saw your post.

She was implied to be getting a bigger role, as she's basically Grindy's second-in-command

5 hours ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

If they do make a FB CoG set or two they should make the Zouwu at the Cirque Arcanus. I'd pick Nagini (with snake piece), Skender, Tina (hair piece without hat would be nice) and/or Credence. Skender's design could be similar to one of the dwarves from The Hobbit theme, with the large beards.

The set could be like Newt's case, but as a tent shape, with the circus inside. Whilst the Zouwu could be the main beast, they could always have the Kappa, maybe minifig sized. Or just the small dragon like creatures Credence uses as a distraction.

I think the French MoM would be more likely (also containing the Zouwu)

5 hours ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

8 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I think the French MoM would be more likely (also containing the Zouwu)

I could also see them doing the front of the LeStrange crypt with the Zouwu as well, she travels around quite a bit. Newt’s basement and the Grindelwald rally are the other big options for sets. 

Unfortunately, we have no way of knowing if they’ll do anymore Fantastic Beasts sets, since the last two weren’t exactly the bestsellers that their Harry Potter counterparts were. 

13 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

She was implied to be getting a bigger role, as she's basically Grindy's second-in-command

For apparently being the counterpart to Bellatrix Lestrange, her character really failed to make an impression, didn‘t she :tongue:

Even though it’d be nice to get some missing characters from CoG, I doubt we‘ll see more FB sets in the near furure since they haven‘t released any this year. Perhaps they’ll release sets based on the third movie once that hits theatres, but from what I can tell, the release of CoG didn‘t help the sales of the FB sets all that much, so...

6 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

For apparently being the counterpart to Bellatrix Lestrange, her character really failed to make an impression, didn‘t she :tongue:

Even though it’d be nice to get some missing characters from CoG, I doubt we‘ll see more FB sets in the near furure since they haven‘t released any this year. Perhaps they’ll release sets based on the third movie once that hits theatres, but from what I can tell, the release of CoG didn‘t help the sales of the FB sets all that much, so...

Or maybe they want the FB sets to have the same amount of accuracy as the HP sets, so they waited untill the movie came out to design more sets? 

It would certainly be something I agree with, otherwise we could end up with something similair to lego's CoG Grindelwald (which was made even worse by Grindelwald's design not changing between the first and second movie)

Edited by Guyon2002

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

That might be more hinged on the fact that JKR is writing the scripts. In the books you’d hear or see a character mentioned offhandedly in one book who turned out to be extremely important a book or three later - the screenwriters for the Harry Potter movies didn’t seem interested in keeping this up, just letting important characters pop up once they actually had lines. We’ll see if JKR’s style will work out in the Fantastic Beasts movies. 

18 minutes ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

Just a note to anyone from the UK, Amazon have got reduced prices on the Harry Potter/Fantastic Beasts sets at the moment.

Smyths are the same. In fact, Amazon are price matching Smyths I believe. I got a few sets from Smyths the other day on the one rare occasion I was near a store. It felt really good to actually go into a store and pick up the boxes instead of having them delivered. I felt like a kid again!

(Side note: some of the Smyths prices on the instore shelf labels were a £1 or £2 above what they were online e.g. Hogwarts Express was £59.99 instead of £58.99 online, but at the till they actually scan at the online price so the same as Amazon.)

1 hour ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

Just a note to anyone from the UK, Amazon have got reduced prices on the Harry Potter/Fantastic Beasts sets at the moment.

1 hour ago, BacktoBricks said:

Smyths are the same. In fact, Amazon are price matching Smyths I believe. I got a few sets from Smyths the other day on the one rare occasion I was near a store. It felt really good to actually go into a store and pick up the boxes instead of having them delivered. I felt like a kid again!

(Side note: some of the Smyths prices on the instore shelf labels were a £1 or £2 above what they were online e.g. Hogwarts Express was £59.99 instead of £58.99 online, but at the till they actually scan at the online price so the same as Amazon.)

Thanks for the heads up ?

John Lewis are the same, I've been keeping tabs on all three in case a good promotion comes up. 

I'll be picking the Clocktower up at that price, I am not sold on the Hogwarts Express though, so £59 is still too high for me. 

Hello there! I'm new to this forum and I've been following it for a while!

Do any of you think that there is a higher possibility of getting a new Burrow based in the Deathly Hallows than in the Half-Blood Prince? I think we could get more build with this one, as there would be the wedding build, plus the minifigures would be great: Harry, Ron and Hermione in their wedding dresses, Bill Weasley and a new Fleur, Elphias Doge and aunt Muriel (I consider both of those as pretty important to the scene), a new Arthur and a new Molly Weasley and probably a new Luna. 

I didn't include Xenophilius because I feel like Luna's house will get it's own set, I also considered Fred and George, but I think those will be in Diagon Alley sets, and maybe this sounds crazy, but they should include Charlie in some set to get a complete Weasley family (even if it is based in the Hogwarts Mystery mobile game).

Edited by RAMcGonagall

50 minutes ago, RAMcGonagall said:

Hello there! I'm new to this forum and I've been following it for a while!

Do any of you think that there is a higher possibility of getting a new Burrow based in the Deathly Hallows than in the Half-Blood Prince? I think we could get more build with this one, as there would be the wedding build, plus the minifigures would be great: Harry, Ron and Hermione in their wedding dresses, Bill Weasley and a new Fleur, Elphias Doge and aunt Muriel (I consider both of those as pretty important to the scene), a new Arthur and a new Molly Weasley and probably a new Luna. 

I didn't include Xenophilius because I feel like Luna's house will get it's own set, I also considered Fred and George, but I think those will be in Diagon Alley sets, and maybe this sounds crazy, but they should include Charlie in some set to get a complete Weasley family (even if it is based in the Hogwarts Mystery mobile game).

Welcome to Eurobricks!

I think a Burrow set is very likely to come soon, though we really don't know if it would be based on HBP or DH. For us fans a DH version sounds way more interesting, especially because of the figures. But as the Burrow was involved in a battlesequence in the HBP movie I think that could very well happen as well, even though they've already done this scene in the 2010 wave.

I think your list of figures sounds very good, but Elphias Doge and especially Aunt Muriel might be a little too deep for lego. Xenophilius Lovegood might be good figure for the potential CMF Series 2, as the Rookery doesn't sound like something they'd make in the first wave of DH sets. Charlie will also most likely never happen, as he never appeared in any of the movies.

17 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Welcome to Eurobricks!

I think a Burrow set is very likely to come soon, though we really don't know if it would be based on HBP or DH. For us fans a DH version sounds way more interesting, especially because of the figures. But as the Burrow was involved in a battlesequence in the HBP movie I think that could very well happen as well, even though they've already done this scene in the 2010 wave.

I think your list of figures sounds very good, but Elphias Doge and especially Aunt Muriel might be a little too deep for lego. Xenophilius Lovegood might be good figure for the potential CMF Series 2, as the Rookery doesn't sound like something they'd make in the first wave of DH sets. Charlie will also most likely never happen, as he never appeared in any of the movies.

Thank you for the warm welcome!

I said the DH Burrow exactly because I have the 2010 set, and I think Bellatrix could be included in a Malfoy manor, which could come with amazing minifigures, like Harry, Ron, Hermione, Bellatrix, Lucius, Narcissa, Draco, Luna, Griphook, Ollivander, a Wormtail with a better hair piece and maybe Dobby, even tho that one was in the CMF series so I consider it more unlikely (it would be great for Lego to make a Kreacher minifigure tho).

I have a question tho, why do you think Muriel and Elphias are too deep for lego? I mean, we've had the Trolley Witch, Susan Bones, Gabrielle Delacour, characters that are not very important but that are cool having, so why not them?

Also I think there is a way to get HM characters, and so a Charlie minifigure, with like packs like Bricktober, it would be a great way to get more uniforms and other characters, like Professor Rakepick, Penny, Merula... I know it's unlikely but I messaged lego about that.

Talking of this message, about a month ago I also mentioned that it would be great to get Madam Pomfrey, Gilderoy Lockhart, Kingsley Shacklebolt and Nymphadora Tonks. They said nothing of the first two characters (which I hope we will get in future CMFs, and now that we have a Hospital Wing, Madam Pomfrey should be a must), but they said they were interested in the last two. Btw, in this email, they also mentioned more of Hogwarts (maybe a new McGonagall with her dark robes instead of the green ones and a new hair piece? I certainly hope so, she's my favorite), Hogsmeade (Madame Rosmerta please), what they called "Weasley's Hut" and Diagon Alley, etc... 

Edited by RAMcGonagall

What about Bill and the female triwizard champions  (I forgot her name) house in DH?

could have dobby's grave, interesting build for the house, griphook, the sword with the red infinity stone on the handle, Luna, olivader, bill and the triwizard champion, Ron, her ions and Harry (obviously, those three are practically guaranteed).

i don't remember this set being in the older wave, some people will say the grave is too dark for Lego, no it isn't, we got the graveyard from GoF, others will say that it isn't big/important enough, who cares? Neither were the horse and chariot we got for CoG. Some will prefer Malfoy  manor, can't argue, that could give us more characters and a generally better thing for a play set. If anything, we most likely will get MM but the house could use some great parts.

edit:

1) her name is fleur, just came back to me

2) ollivander*

3) hermione* 

4) people will also say the horse and chariot was important, because it's how he escapes prison, but it adds absolutely nothing to the story other than he's out of prison. I'd have been fine with a newspaper headlined 'Gelly Grindelwald Gets out of Gaol'

5) thank you for sitting through this incredibly long post (if you didn't skim read it)

Edited by DeCommander96

5 minutes ago, DeCommander96 said:

What about Bill and the female triwizard champions  (I forgot her name) house in DH?

could have dobby's grave, interesting build for the house, griphook, the sword with the red infinity stone on the handle, Luna, olivader, bill and the triwizard champion, Ron, her ions and Harry (obviously, those three are practically guaranteed).

i don't remember this set being in the older wave, some people will say the grave is too dark for Lego, no it isn't, we got the graveyard from GoF, others will say that it isn't big/important enough, who cares? Neither were the horse and chariot we got for CoG. Some will prefer Malfoy  manor, can't argue, that could give us more characters and a generally better thing for a play set. If anything, we most likely will get MM but the house could use some great parts.

I will never get enough of Fleur minifigures so that would be a great set to include her and Bill. I love all the minifigures you included, and I kinda think the Shell Cottage (I think that was the name?) is way more important than the Beauxbatons carriage (that I love): it's the place were Dobby lies, plus it's when the deal with Griphook happens which then leads to the Gringotts scene, so it wouldn't be a bad set to include, maybe not a really big one, but a 45-50 dollars set could be great. 

Edited by RAMcGonagall

12 minutes ago, RAMcGonagall said:

I will never get enough of Fleur minifigures so that would be a great set to include her and Bill. I love all the minifigures you included, and I kinda think the Shell Cottage (I think that was the name?) is way more important than the Beauxbatons carriage (that I love): it's the place were Dobby lies, plus it's when the deal with Griphook happens which then leads to the Gringotts scene, so it wouldn't be a bad set to include, maybe not a really big one, but a 45-50 dollars set could be great. 

Thanks buddy, welcome! 

I believe, yes, that is the name. I included minifigs I thought people would want, and Lego would include. Yeah, more important than the carriage, I say max £60 set but that's if they really exaggerate the building. Maybe £40 if they underexaggerate (is that even a word?) it like they did with hogwarts, which is absolutely fine.

we only need 3 or 4 rooms inside like maybe a family room, ollys room, griphooks room and maybe a generic room but that's not necessary. Also a side build for Dobby

Just now, DeCommander96 said:

Thanks buddy, welcome! 

I believe, yes, that is the name. I included minifigs I thought people would want, and Lego would include. Yeah, more important than the carriage, I say max £60 set but that's if they really exaggerate the building. Maybe £40 if they underexaggerate (is that even a word?) it like they did with hogwarts, which is absolutely fine.

we only need 3 or 4 rooms inside like maybe a family room, ollys room, griphooks room and maybe a generic room but that's not necessary. Also a side build for Dobby

Thanks for the welcome! 

Maybe this bulding could also include something that represents the beach, so in that way people can also recreate the scene where Dobby dies? Nothing too fancy tho, probably just in the way they did the lake in the Expecto Patronum set.

Just now, RAMcGonagall said:

Thanks for the welcome! 

Maybe this bulding could also include something that represents the beach, so in that way people can also recreate the scene where Dobby dies? Nothing too fancy tho, probably just in the way they did the lake in the Expecto Patronum set.

Yeah that's what I meant by side build. Not much, brick built grave, a few brown studs dotted around a 8x8 (maybe larger but it doesn't need to be) baseplate in tan and a shovel. Maybe if they wanted to be kind, they could give us a Dobby figure as well. Not sure where you'd put him though. Making space inside the grave would look weird.

Just now, DeCommander96 said:

Yeah that's what I meant by side build. Not much, brick built grave, a few brown studs dotted around a 8x8 (maybe larger but it doesn't need to be) baseplate in tan and a shovel. Maybe if they wanted to be kind, they could give us a Dobby figure as well. Not sure where you'd put him though. Making space inside the grave would look weird.

Well maybe including a Dobby in the set could be done to represent when he took Ollivander and Luna first to the Shell Cottage? Maybe the coloring for the head mold could change in the eyes? If I remember well, he had green eyes in the CoS, as he does in the CMF, but in DHP1 he has blue eyes, so maybe they could do that. 

Just now, RAMcGonagall said:

Well maybe including a Dobby in the set could be done to represent when he took Ollivander and Luna first to the Shell Cottage? Maybe the coloring for the head mold could change in the eyes? If I remember well, he had green eyes in the CoS, as he does in the CMF, but in DHP1 he has blue eyes, so maybe they could do that. 

Possibly, we could also get a stab wound and blood on the shirt, but that might be too far lol. 

1 hour ago, RAMcGonagall said:

I have a question tho, why do you think Muriel and Elphias are too deep for lego? I mean, we've had the Trolley Witch, Susan Bones, Gabrielle Delacour, characters that are not very important but that are cool having, so why not them?

Because they appeared in only a single scene, and they were incredibly insignficant to the story (especially in the movies).

- Trolley Witch is pretty much essential to the Hogwarts Express, making the train without her can't really be done

- Susan Bones was more or less filler, and a great way to give us our first (generic) Hufflepuff outfit

- Gabrielle Delacour had a decently sized part during the Second Task and is one of only 2 significant Beauxbatons students alongside her sister

1 hour ago, RAMcGonagall said:

Also I think there is a way to get HM characters, and so a Charlie minifigure, with like packs like Bricktober, it would be a great way to get more uniforms and other characters, like Professor Rakepick, Penny, Merula... I know it's unlikely but I messaged lego about that.

Bricktober isn't happening again now that ToysRUs is gone, even if they'd continue it themselves we would've heard something by now

1 hour ago, DeCommander96 said:

4) people will also say the horse and chariot was important, because it's how he escapes prison, but it adds absolutely nothing to the story other than he's out of prison. I'd have been fine with a newspaper headlined 'Gelly Grindelwald Gets out of Gaol'

This is one of the most stupid plotpoints in the franchise. Why transport the most dangerous wizard of all time (at that moment) to a different prison if he's already safely locked up in New York? That's just asking for problems and incredibly cliche from a writing perspective

22 minutes ago, DeCommander96 said:

Possibly, we could also get a stab wound and blood on the shirt, but that might be too far lol. 

Do you honestly think lego will ever do something like that?

7 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Because they appeared in only a single scene, and they were incredibly insignficant to the story (especially in the movies).

- Trolley Witch is pretty much essential to the Hogwarts Express, making the train without her can't really be done

- Susan Bones was more or less filler, and a great way to give us our first (generic) Hufflepuff outfit

- Gabrielle Delacour had a decently sized part during the Second Task and is one of only 2 significant Beauxbatons students alongside her sister

Elphias was also present during the Order of the Phoenix tho, when the order goes to save Harry from the Dursleys and take him to Grimmauld place (btw, a Privet Drive set would be pretty cool).

Also, Muriel, in the books, she let the Weasley family refugee in her house after the wedding (if I remember well). 

I get your point that they only appear in a scene, but the Trolley Witch or Susan only have a few seconds of screentime (don't get me wrong, I'm a Hufflepuff, I love getting Susan and of course the Trolley Witch).

I think Lego is surprising us with some characters, so we can hope. 

Edited by RAMcGonagall

11 minutes ago, RAMcGonagall said:

Elphias was also present during the Order of the Phoenix tho, when the order goes to save Harry from the Dursleys and take him to Grimmauld place (btw, a Privet Drive set would be pretty cool).

Also, Muriel, in the books, she let the Weasley family refugee in her house after the wedding (if I remember well). 

I get your point that they only appear in a scene, but the Trolley Witch or Susan only have a few seconds of screentime (don't get me wrong, I'm a Hufflepuff, I love getting Susan and of course the Trolley Witch).

I think Lego is surprising us with some characters, so we can hope. 

There is one really important thing to keep in mind when it comes to lego harry potter: the books don't matter, they only look at the movies (while sometimes putting a small reference to one of the books on a sticker)

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

There is one really important thing to keep in mind when it comes to lego harry potter: the books don't matter, they only look at the movies (while sometimes putting a small reference to one of the books on a sticker)

What you said it's true, I still hope they can include them, after all a man can dream!