Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

2 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

Meh, the fireplace is a holiday classic that gets redone in the City calendars pretty frequently. I’m not surprised they reached for it when they had to put a calendar together quickly. And plenty of options for micro builds just means that you’ve got plenty of opportunities for future advent calendars. 

That’s a very nice way of putting it, i do think that considering it was something they had to pull together at the last minute; the calendar does look very nice, my favorites being the chess table, Hogwarts architect and the acceptance letter!

im excited to see what LEGO will do for next years inevitable HP calendar, seeing as how it looks to be a bestseller so far.

they also need to find a way to add some Halloween decorations in a set, Halloween is a huge part of HP and it would be really cool to get add ons to the great hall.

44 minutes ago, GilbertoAguilera101 said:

they also need to find a way to add some Halloween decorations in a set, Halloween is a huge part of HP and it would be really cool to get add ons to the great hall.

The most obvious opportunity is if they ever remake the Troll Attack set, since that’s really the only time in the movies when we really get to see the Hogwarts Halloween decorations. It would make for a great little twentieth anniversary set in 2021. 

5 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

The most obvious opportunity is if they ever remake the Troll Attack set, since that’s really the only time in the movies when we really get to see the Hogwarts Halloween decorations. It would make for a great little twentieth anniversary set in 2021. 

Since the sets have made a comeback, I’ve been desperate for remakes of the Troll Attack and the Forbidden Corridor with Fluffy. But seeing as variants of those are in the Build Your Own Adventure book, I doubt that they will have their own designated sets now.

Both creatures would require brand new moulds (or some new moulded pieces at least for Fluffy’s heads) 

3 hours ago, Scarlet_Patronus said:

Since the sets have made a comeback, I’ve been desperate for remakes of the Troll Attack and the Forbidden Corridor with Fluffy. But seeing as variants of those are in the Build Your Own Adventure book, I doubt that they will have their own designated sets now.

Both creatures would require brand new moulds (or some new moulded pieces at least for Fluffy’s heads) 

Both the troll and fluffy could be done with bricks only. But we'll probably not get any sets based on 1-4 before they've finished their first run of all the movies

4 minutes ago, DeCommander96 said:

Am I the only one who wants them to do a minifigure of dumbledore from the first 3 films? I liked him more

Maybe I‘m misunderstanding your comment, but 1) a minifig of the Richard Harris version already appeared in two sets of the rebooted theme and 2) Michael Gambon replaced him after CoS, so there is no „Dumbledore from the first 3 films“ :wink:

6 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Maybe I‘m misunderstanding your comment, but 1) a minifig of the Richard Harris version already appeared in two sets of the rebooted theme and 2) Michael Gambon replaced him after CoS, so there is no „Dumbledore from the first 3 films“ :wink:

Oh my bad, I forgot lol. I'm pretty sure he was in poa

maybe you're right I haven't watched the films in a while 

Edited by DeCommander96

10 hours ago, GilbertoAguilera101 said:

That’s a very nice way of putting it, i do think that considering it was something they had to pull together at the last minute; the calendar does look very nice, my favorites being the chess table, Hogwarts architect and the acceptance letter!

im excited to see what LEGO will do for next years inevitable HP calendar, seeing as how it looks to be a bestseller so far.

If they do get another HP advent calendar, I think they should make another fireplace in it, but with Sirius Black's face in it, based off of Goblet of Fire/Order of the Phoenix.

21 minutes ago, DeCommander96 said:

Oh my bad, I forgot lol. I'm pretty sure he was in poa

maybe you're right I haven't watched the films in a while 

Harris died in October 2002, roughly a month before CoS was released. Personally, I like all three film versions of the character. I know Gambon is sometimes criticized for his portrayal, but I think his was just as good as Harris’. His most infamous scene (y’know, his angry outburst in GoF) is most likely not even his fault since I don’t think he spontaneously improvised it :tongue: Blame the script and/or direction, not the actor...

Speaking of the Harris version: the hairpiece they created for him is great (and I hope it’ll also be used for a new Lucius minifig), but I would’ve liked to see a minifig-sized version of the little hat he wore most 9f the time. If memory serves me right, he wore it in more scenes than he didn’t :grin: I’m really glad they gave us Gambon’s hat (which I prefer), but both would’ve been even better

Edited by Lego-Freak

33 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Harris died in October 2002, roughly a month before CoS was released. Personally, I like all three film versions of the character. I know Gambon is sometimes criticized for his portrayal, but I think his was just as good as Harris’. His most infamous scene (y’know, his angry outburst in GoF) is most likely not even his fault since I don’t think he spontaneously improvised it :tongue: Blame the script and/or direction, not the actor...

Speaking of the Harris version: the hairpiece they created for him is great (and I hope it’ll also be used for a new Lucius minifig), but I would’ve liked to see a minifig-sized version of the little hat he wore most 9f the time. If memory serves me right, he wore it in more scenes than he didn’t :grin: I’m really glad they gave us Gambon’s hat (which I prefer), but both would’ve been even better

You're right, I just checked

https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&channel=ipad_bm&source=hp&ei=5tJjXYKxA4P4afa8qrgF&q=who+played+dumbledore+in+harry+potter+3&oq=who+played+dumbledore+&gs_l=mobile-gws-wiz-hp.1.2.0l8.7279.12302..14116...0.0..0.243.1805.4j7j2......0....1j5.......0..0i131j46i131j46i275.8wod9kcEIIE

Finally got to build the hungarian horntail. I must say that I really really like it, I love its poseability (now I want more articulated HP creatures) However, I hate the fact that its horntail comes off very easily as it's just held together by a stud, not good for playability.

Also, the horns on the head stuck on studs with holes pop off easily as well, so I stuck the horns directly onto the head and it's muuh much better that way and they don't come off at all. 

I really need a 2nd task set and a Karkaroff minifigure.

On 8/25/2019 at 10:05 AM, GilbertoAguilera101 said:

I’d much prefer to get one of each house, that would make it easier to build up teams for all four houses rather than just Gryffindor and Slytherin, that way it could just be one pack you could get multiples of.

I also think that it’s great to be able to use them in sets, but part of me still wants some more mini builds to go along with the amazing D2C Hogwarts, the four days of boring flag poles could have easily been turned into a micro scale quidditch pitch to go along with it. And there’s so much you could do in microscale, like a small knight bus, durmstrang ship, more of the dragons, etc.

id take that over a fireplace any day

Eh, a fireplace is warranted. They had some noteworthy scenes throughout the series. Plus, it’s a Christmas time staple.

Does anybody know how much the Whomping Willow set is selling for? My local store has just got it in and I can't be bothered to go and look.

2 hours ago, DeCommander96 said:

Does anybody know how much the Whomping Willow set is selling for? My local store has just got it in and I can't be bothered to go and look.

Surely in the last 2 hours you could have checked the Lego website for the price. 

It's currently about £15 off in Smyths, so you're better off ordering it from them. 

27 minutes ago, nikhkin said:

Surely in the last 2 hours you could have checked the Lego website for the price. 

It's currently about £15 off in Smyths, so you're better off ordering it from them. 

Lego website is always slow and continues to crash on me

smyths is 40 minutes away lol but thanks I'll go anyway

3 hours ago, DeCommander96 said:

In the time you used to post this you could've easily found the price yourself :laugh_hard: It's just one Google away. 
I do hope you're thinking of buying it, it's a very good set!

5 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

In the time you used to post this you could've easily found the price yourself :laugh_hard: It's just one Google away. 
I do hope you're thinking of buying it, it's a very good set!

Google has a tendency to lie to me :) I once asked it about a set from 2012 and it told me it was released in 2020..

i am considering buying it, I need some trees, and since I can't build to save my life I decided to get them from sets. Back to topic, what characters do we think we'll get in the possible Harry Potter cmf?

4 minutes ago, DeCommander96 said:

Google has a tendency to lie to me :) I once asked it about a set from 2012 and it told me it was released in 2020..

i am considering buying it, I need some trees, and since I can't build to save my life I decided to get them from sets. Back to topic, what characters do we think we'll get in the possible Harry Potter cmf?

There are tons of characters (and variants!) to choose from, and we currently know nothing about the CMF. They could do another one with 16 HP and 6 FB figures but it could also be 22 HP or just 20 HP figures. Your guess is as good as mine.

As for which characters we think will appear, that comes down to pure wishlists. Everyone wants something/someone else than others, and as there are tons upon tons of figures to choose from.... well, there isn't really any point in discussing/wishlisting the CMF again (especially since this discussion has been brought up about once every 1-2 months since the theme started :laugh_hard:)

Speaking of Hogwarts decorations, I definitely agree with the first film being the most likely way to get Halloween stuff, but I'm also hoping that if we get the Astronomy Tower in the next wave it includes some form of the Slug Club Christmas party. I can't stop thinking that they could recolor the new pumpkin pieces pink and have them as the lanterns, maybe with some sort of trans-red stud or something for added flair!

Edited by Queen Whatevra WaNabi

19 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

There are tons of characters (and variants!) to choose from, and we currently know nothing about the CMF. They could do another one with 16 HP and 6 FB figures but it could also be 22 HP or just 20 HP figures. Your guess is as good as mine.

As for which characters we think will appear, that comes down to pure wishlists. Everyone wants something/someone else than others, and as there are tons upon tons of figures to choose from.... well, there isn't really any point in discussing/wishlisting the CMF again (especially since this discussion has been brought up about once every 1-2 months since the theme started :laugh_hard:)

As we aren't getting another Fantastic Beasts film till 2021, and the second may be too dark for Lego, I don't we'll get any in the next cmf series.

Personally I'm hoping for: Gilderoy Lockhart, Professor Sprout, Percy Weasley, Parvati (probably also Padma) Patil, Vincent Crabbe, Gregory Goyle, Igor Karkaroff, Barty Crouch Senior, Griphook/generic Goblin.

2 minutes ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

As we aren't getting another Fantastic Beasts film till 2021, and the second may be too dark for Lego, I don't we'll get any in the next cmf series.

You thought CoG was dark? And even if it was, Stranger Things is a 1000 times darker. There really isn't any reason to skip CoG, and even though the movie itself wasn't that great they could still give us a few figures for the new characters we're missing like Leta, Theseus, Rosier, Kama, Flamel and a proper Grindelwald

8 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

You thought CoG was dark? And even if it was, Stranger Things is a 1000 times darker. There really isn't any reason to skip CoG, and even though the movie itself wasn't that great they could still give us a few figures for the new characters we're missing like Leta, Theseus, Rosier, Kama, Flamel and a proper Grindelwald

I don't know Stranger Things that well. I just meant how CoG tried to be all grown-up: Babies dying etc. But I agree I would like to get more FB characters. I'd also like a new hair piece for Newt.

1 hour ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

Babies dying etc

Not so different from HP then, Harry got the scar because he was almost killed as a baby :wink:

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Don’t forget Nagini and Skender - they had some really fun character designs and it’s been implied they’ll have future significance. (I also wouldn’t mind an updated Tina with her new look). 

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Rosier

Probably too small a character to include. I didn't know who she was until I googled it when I saw your post.