Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

4 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

Does anyone remember when the Bricktober minifigures were leaked/revealed last year?  I know it’s unlikely that we’ll get another pack, but it’s still possible!  

We saw the Marvel and Ninjago packs pretty early last year, I believe around April. The Wizarding World pack leaked a few weeks later and the Jurassic World pack leaked pretty late (like a week before the event was announced)

16 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

We saw the Marvel and Ninjago packs pretty early last year, I believe around April. The Wizarding World pack leaked a few weeks later and the Jurassic World pack leaked pretty late (like a week before the event was announced)

Still hope, then, maybe!  Thanks!

Although I’ve already gone on record that I prefer retail sets to promotional items or blind bags.  That said, any more LEGO HP is good with me!

Hi, this might be  a random question, but at what time do the sets usually become available on the lego store online? I wanted to try and get the advent calendar on release date but i’m afraid it might be sold-out. Is it usually a midnight release or in the middle of the day? Thanks in advance :)

Edited by Bernar

1 hour ago, Bernar said:

Hi, this might be  a random question, but at what time do the sets usually become available on the lego store online? I wanted to try and get the advent calendar on release date but i’m afraid it might be sold-out. Is it usually a midnight release or in the middle of the day? Thanks in advance :)

We really can't say. The latest I've seen sets going online is 10 in the morning. But we're talking about an Advent Calendar here, it's not even close to Christmas so the chance of them selling out is incredibly low (sets selling out on releaseday is pretty rare and most of the times only happens with D2C sets, except for the occasional exception ofc)

7 hours ago, Bernar said:

In the United States, new sets always go on sale midnight Eastern Time, barring any glitches.  Based on what Guyon2002 said, I guess it varies by territory.  

I think the Advent Calendar may temporarily go on backorder at some point this fall, but no way it sells out permanently.  Demand for HP (and all themes, it seems) is now being much better estimated, and I’m extremely happy about that.  

Edited by RogueTwo

Close-up pictures of the minifigs from the advent calendar have been posted on IG and Flitwick‘s face print appears to be the exact same as the one used for the CMF version :wacko: I thought those pieces couldn‘t be reused? I smell shenanigans

56 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Close-up pictures of the minifigs from the advent calendar have been posted on IG and Flitwick‘s face print appears to be the exact same as the one used for the CMF version :wacko: I thought those pieces couldn‘t be reused? I smell shenanigans

CMF parts get reused all the time.

11 minutes ago, nikhkin said:

CMF parts get reused all the time.

Prints don’t get reused, for whatever reason.   At least not that I’ve seen. Why, I have no idea.  

44 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

Prints don’t get reused, for whatever reason.   At least not that I’ve seen. Why, I have no idea.  

I always assumed that was just to keep them "exclusive", but I'm sure people have reported them turning up in the Build-a-Minifig station in stores. 

Do we know if the advent calendar part is double sided? They've often made a minifig exclusive based on just the other side of the head. 

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

57 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

The designers themselves mentioned that this was hastily put together when they saw the sucess of the theme. It makes sense they'd break their rule this time.

Hm, I think I cracked the “riddle” (in quotes since this is an insult to actual riddles): Flitwick reuses the CMF head because there wasn’t an alternative, unlike with Cedric or Dumbledore where other, similar face prints were readily available. The cheapest solution is to reuse face prints from regular sets, followed by reused CMF heads followed by new prints :purrr: 

Number of members that want the different advent calendars over at brickset:

1. Harry Potter 2211

2. Star wars 1401

3. City 619

4. Friends 193

So HP got the same number of "wants" as the 3 other ones combined *oh2*
Looks to be another best-seller from the WW :grin_wub:

3 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

It's a bit different, the mouth is SLIGHTLY thinner. I can't remember where I saw it, but I believe he now also has an alternate singing expression. (If I can find the image, I'll post it here.)

2 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Number of members that want the different advent calendars over at brickset:

1. Harry Potter 2211

2. Star wars 1401

3. City 619

4. Friends 193

So HP got the same number of "wants" as the 3 other ones combined *oh2*
Looks to be another best-seller from the WW :grin_wub:

:wub:

Hopefully this will definitely mean the HP calendar becomes an annual set like the other calendars. There's a lot of content for future calendars; Fred and George in Christmas sweaters, Hogsmede variants of the main trio. 

2 hours ago, Tariq j said:

:wub:

Hopefully this will definitely mean the HP calendar becomes an annual set like the other calendars. There's a lot of content for future calendars; Fred and George in Christmas sweaters, Hogsmede variants of the main trio. 

And a bunch of students, teachers and other staff in their Yule Ball robes. Yule Ball Mad Eye would be incredibly funny to get!

22 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

And a bunch of students, teachers and other staff in their Yule Ball robes. Yule Ball Mad Eye would be incredibly funny to get!

Oh yes. But would the kilt and ferret sporran be printed on or a fabric piece?

10 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Oh yes. But would the kilt and ferret sporran be printed on or a fabric piece?

I'd prefer printed, in this case it would have to be a skirt and I really dislike those fabric skirts they use

Edited by Guyon2002

On 8/22/2019 at 6:56 PM, Guyon2002 said:

I'd prefer printed, in this case it would have to be a skirt and I really dislike those fabric skirts they use

I agree with you, but I think they're here to stay. There is already a kilt fabric piece from the CMF bagpiper, but I don't think that had the sporran printed on. 

For this advent calender, 7/24 days have minifigs, which means that there are seventeen days of micro builds and scenery. If there was another calender next year, Yule Ball scenery would make sense, perhaps with a mini Durmstrang Boat and Beaubatons Carriage. 

5 hours ago, Seaber said:

I agree with you, but I think they're here to stay. There is already a kilt fabric piece from the CMF bagpiper, but I don't think that had the sporran printed on. 

For this advent calender, 7/24 days have minifigs, which means that there are seventeen days of micro builds and scenery. If there was another calender next year, Yule Ball scenery would make sense, perhaps with a mini Durmstrang Boat and Beaubatons Carriage. 

The best thing about the builds in future Harry Potter Advent Calendars is how (besides a few minibuilds) we get small builds you can actually use in your display, I can't even remember the last time one of the Star Wars builds was actually usefull (except for the Heavy First Order gun in this years' calendar)

47 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

The best thing about the builds in future Harry Potter Advent Calendars is how (besides a few minibuilds) we get small builds you can actually use in your display,

That is definitely the best way to do it, even a minibuild of Hogwarts express can be used as a toy for a student I guess :shrug_oh_well: Hopefully they do something similar next year, but with minifigs that go better with sets also e.g. Patil twins in yule ball dress or new quidditch players :classic:

And some more owls in other colours than white please :tongue:

Edited by Roebuck

Yeah I think we could use some generic characters that aren't anybody in particular. For example (just to make @Roebuck happy) a random owl (not in white) maybe on the corner of a building. Or a few random quidditch players in a possible World Cup set if they didn't do that already. I think this could really help to  build up a quidditch team without having to buy 2 or 3 f a set and then swapping the heads

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

The best thing about the builds in future Harry Potter Advent Calendars is how (besides a few minibuilds) we get small builds you can actually use in your display, I can't even remember the last time one of the Star Wars builds was actually usefull (except for the Heavy First Order gun in this years' calendar)

Definitely, they could even do little stalls like the Owl Stall or the Wizard Hat stall included in the 2011 Diagon Alley set. 

31 minutes ago, DeCommander96 said:

Or a few random quidditch players in a possible World Cup set if they didn't do that already. I think this could really help to  build up a quidditch team without having to buy 2 or 3 f a set and then swapping the heads

I'd love to see a Quidditch Battle Pack of some sort. Maybe have 4 players from Gryffindor and Slytherin in each pack. 

1 hour ago, Tariq j said:

Definitely, they could even do little stalls like the Owl Stall or the Wizard Hat stall included in the 2011 Diagon Alley set. 

I'd love to see a Quidditch Battle Pack of some sort. Maybe have 4 players from Gryffindor and Slytherin in each pack. 

I’d much prefer to get one of each house, that would make it easier to build up teams for all four houses rather than just Gryffindor and Slytherin, that way it could just be one pack you could get multiples of.

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I also think that it’s great to be able to use them in sets, but part of me still wants some more mini builds to go along with the amazing D2C Hogwarts, the four days of boring flag poles could have easily been turned into a micro scale quidditch pitch to go along with it. And there’s so much you could do in microscale, like a small knight bus, durmstrang ship, more of the dragons, etc.

id take that over a fireplace any day

4 hours ago, Tariq j said:

3 hours ago, GilbertoAguilera101 said:

I’d much prefer to get one of each house, that would make it easier to build up teams for all four houses rather than just Gryffindor and Slytherin, that way it could just be one pack you could get multiples of.

I don't think LEGO will ever release Quidditch battle packs, as the sport rarely showed up in the movies. The only way I could imagine this is just getting House battlepacks containing 3 normal students of that house (maybe 1 with short legs, 1 with medium legs, 1 with normal legs?) and 1 Quidditch player (normal legs).

I think people really want Harry Potter battlepacks anyway, there is more than enough demand for it and the material is definetely there:

- 4 battlepacks for each Hogwarts House

- Death Eaters (4)

- Death Eaters (5-8)

- Dementors

- Less massable packs like the Marauders and some of the Hogwarts Ghosts

Less likely but still possible:

- Centaurs

- Merpeople

- Snatchers

- Random wizards

5 hours ago, GilbertoAguilera101 said:

I also think that it’s great to be able to use them in sets, but part of me still wants some more mini builds to go along with the amazing D2C Hogwarts, the four days of boring flag poles could have easily been turned into a micro scale quidditch pitch to go along with it. And there’s so much you could do in microscale, like a small knight bus, durmstrang ship, more of the dragons, etc.

id take that over a fireplace any day

Meh, the fireplace is a holiday classic that gets redone in the City calendars pretty frequently. I’m not surprised they reached for it when they had to put a calendar together quickly. And plenty of options for micro builds just means that you’ve got plenty of opportunities for future advent calendars.