Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

1 hour ago, AdmiralRaddus said:

I know haha but I meant an updated version from the current theme of sets/.

Oh sorry. The older ginny still works, and she's also an easy custom to make 

On 8/7/2019 at 1:43 PM, Lego-Freak said:

I don’t really think it’d be necessary to release a set specifically for army-building GoF Death Eaters since the Rise of Voldemort is so cheap that Death Eater minifigs will soon be very inexpensive to get on bricklink, once the set has been out for a while :wink: Plus, we only ever see a handful of Death Eathers with that version of the costume. The silver mask versions are much more common overall, unless you want to depict Voldy’s army during the First Wizarding War, where they presumably wore the same costume as in GoF (where else would it be from?)

As for the set idea itself: It’s not that I’d oppose a set like that, it’s more that they’ve plenty of other material to cover before they’d ever release a set based on the Quidditch World Cup scene. It’s probably a bit too.... niche *ba-dum-dish* :grin:

Good one ?

but yes I agree, very low priority, a quidditch krum at some point would be interesting tho, perhaps in a CMF

Just now, Legoniche said:

Good one ?

but yes I agree, very low priority, a quidditch krum at some point would be interesting tho, perhaps in a CMF

That would probably be very low on the list of potential figures, I must say I'm good on Krum as soon as we have his Task 2 and 3 versions, maybe his Durmstrang robes as well?

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

That would probably be very low on the list of potential figures, I must say I'm good on Krum as soon as we have his Task 2 and 3 versions, maybe his Durmstrang robes as well?

That’s really the only other one I want, especially now that we have Fleur in hers.  

Smyth's have a Lego Harry Potter event instore on the bank holiday Saturday. Apparently you'll get a polybag but it's supposedly the same one as last time - Journey to Hogwarts. 

13 hours ago, Bricking_it said:

Smyth's have a Lego Harry Potter event instore on the bank holiday Saturday. Apparently you'll get a polybag but it's supposedly the same one as last time - Journey to Hogwarts. 

Is that Saturday the 24th? Only for that Saturday? 

Thanks for letting us know :) 

1 hour ago, Seaber said:

Is that Saturday the 24th? Only for that Saturday? 

Thanks for letting us know :) 

Yes, that's the information I have. They usually have a bit of a sale on that Lego range too but this is just pure speculation at this point.

Do we know if there are more sets coming next year? Personally, I'd like to see a dursley house set with the dursleys. I think that could be fun

12 minutes ago, DeCommander96 said:

Do we know if there are more sets coming next year? Personally, I'd like to see a dursley house set with the dursleys. I think that could be fun

There are at least 4 more sets coming, though we don't know exactly when. As we have speculated before it's mostly likely for them to either fill in gaps from movies 1-4 or be based on movies 5-6, though we've pretty much done all the speculating we can so restarting the exact same discussion is pretty pointless :wink:

27 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

There are at least 4 more sets coming, though we don't know exactly when. As we have speculated before it's mostly likely for them to either fill in gaps from movies 1-4 or be based on movies 5-6, though we've pretty much done all the speculating we can so restarting the exact same discussion is pretty pointless :wink:

Thanks

are there any more cmfs that we know of?

Edited by DeCommander96

18 minutes ago, DeCommander96 said:

Thanks

are there any more cmfs that we know of?

There are three, one of which is confirmed to be based on DC Superheroes and another one is a normal CMF (not confirmed but we get one every year so that's pretty much a given). We don't currently know what the third CMF will be 

13 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

There are three, one of which is confirmed to be based on DC Superheroes and another one is a normal CMF (not confirmed but we get one every year so that's pretty much a given). We don't currently know what the third CMF will be 

I meant for Harry Potter lol. When you said there are 3 I thought I'd missed 2 waves of Harry Potter cmfs lol

4 minutes ago, DeCommander96 said:

I meant for Harry Potter lol. When you said there are 3 I thought I'd missed 2 waves of Harry Potter cmfs lol

I meant there are 3 CMF's coming next year, only one of which has the possibility to be from Harry Potter

1 minute ago, Guyon2002 said:

I meant there are 3 CMF's coming next year, only one of which has the possibility to be from Harry Potter

There was one rumor that got posted a bit from someone who kinda has a little credibility but it's nothing that;s been confirmed by the most reliable leakers. I definitely expect a second series very soon, but I worry they might hold out for the release of the next Fantastic Beasts film in 2021.

9 hours ago, Brick Cucumber said:

There was one rumor that got posted a bit from someone who kinda has a little credibility but it's nothing that;s been confirmed by the most reliable leakers. I definitely expect a second series very soon, but I worry they might hold out for the release of the next Fantastic Beasts film in 2021.

Yeah me too, the worst thing about it all would be that we have to wait for one of the new films that's probably going to sit somewhere between bad and mediocre. Even though Harry Potter can easily take on a CMF on it's own (and it's not like they have to wait for more sourcematerial to make CoG figures)

43 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Yeah me too, the worst thing about it all would be that we have to wait for one of the new films that's probably going to sit somewhere between bad and mediocre. Even though Harry Potter can easily take on a CMF on it's own (and it's not like they have to wait for more sourcematerial to make CoG figures)

We still have not gotten a single fig from the last FB, so they could easily put some of them in a CMF series.. I hope and think the next move will be great! The first one was excellent, but the second tried to put in to many details, I am sure they have learned from that mistake :wink:
Lego may make one this year or wait for the next movie, I would say it is 50-50 now :shrug_oh_well:

Edited by Roebuck

28 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

We still have not gotten a single fig from the last FB, so they could easily put some of them in a CMF series.. I hope and think the next move will be great! The first one was excellent, but the second tried to put in to many details, I am sure they have learned from that mistake :wink:
Lego may make one this year or wait for the next movie, I would say it is 50-50 now :shrug_oh_well:

I'm 99% sure they'll just use the same format for series 2 (16 HP and 6 FB figures). We do have GoG Grindelwald and Picquery but I must say I really want a Grindelwald figure in the CMF because we need to get a screen-acurate figure for him, including a new spiky hair piece and moustache printing

We do have GoG Grindelwald and Picquery

Ok, that is right, but they also where in the first film.. So we have gotten every important character from the first film exsect a few rather uninteresting muggles. On the other hand none of the characters introdused in CoG have gotten a minifig yet :wacko:

same format for series 2 (16 HP and 6 FB figures)

Sounds exselent to me :thumbup:

I really want a Grindelwald figure in the CMF because we need to get a screen-acurate figure for him,

I prefer to get a new character insted, but would not be suprisseid if he turns up in the line up as Lego likes to use spots on the most important charakters even if we have gotten them several times before :hmpf:

12 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

I prefer to get a new character insted, but would not be suprisseid if he turns up in the line up as Lego likes to use spots on the most important charakters even if we have gotten them several times before :hmpf:

Including main characters in each series is sound marketing, nothing else. 

So i been outta touch with lego for the last year while setting up my business, and seen the new Harry potter sets are out, my wife is a big fan and its coming up to our 2nd wedding anniversary...ive just come across the Diagon Alley (40289)

How comes this small set is over 60quid? where was it a promo for?

24 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

I also definetely prefer to get secondary characters, but Grindelwald is so important we really need an accurate figure. But I will get seriously pissed off if the CMF contains yet another Newt or Jacob. The best candidates for those 6 figures would be: Grindelwald, Vinda Rosier, Youngledore, Yusuf Kama, Theseus Scamander, Leta Lestrange, Nicholas Flamel and Nagini. Though some of these could be included in potential FB sets for either the second or third movie

4 minutes ago, terryfay1983 said:

So i been outta touch with lego for the last year while setting up my business, and seen the new Harry potter sets are out, my wife is a big fan and its coming up to our 2nd wedding anniversary...ive just come across the Diagon Alley (40289)

How comes this small set is over 60quid? where was it a promo for?

It was a GWP a while ago around the time the big Hogwarts D2C came out, but as it's a GWP they didn't produce that much of them so there is only a limited quantity of them out there

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I really want a Grindelwald figure in the CMF because we need to get a screen-acurate figure for him, including a new spiky hair piece and moustache printing

The Soldier 76 hair works really well on him IMO.

9 minutes ago, Brick Cucumber said:

The Soldier 76 hair works really well on him IMO.

I must say I disagree, I think he needs a new mold (which is why he's perfect for a CMF). Probably something similair to Zane's hairpiece from the Ninjago Movie but more spiky and slicked back.