Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

7 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Slim to none, TRU is out of businesses and they sold the bricktober sets.. Lego on the other hand could make some kind of other promo instead :shrug_oh_well: So far no HP promos this year which is strange :wacko:

It could still work. Aside from the, I’m sure, slight panic of having to scramble & the delay of the promotion, it went just fine from my view. I had no problem getting the  HP & Marvel ones. The rollout would certainly be smoother as they would have a better plan this time around. 

I just saw the new Search and Find book with Snape! Definetly the theme is young and we can wait more and more releases! And it's refreshing to see more characters featuring minisets other than Harry, Ron and Hermione.

They could release one with Fred and George with some of their inventions: the elongatable ears, fireworks... ! Or maybe Umbridge? Nah, definetly professor Sprout (I adore Myriam Margolyes!) with a huge curly hair under her hat and a book full of ideas for building botanic monstrosities.

You can also see Kingsley Shacklebolt on the book! Admittedly it would have been nice to see a more exclusive figure. But I guess it’s better than another Harry or Ron.

2 hours ago, Riku said:

I just saw the new Search and Find book with Snape

There is also quite a few new characters on the first page, do not mean that they need to be released in Lego, but could be an indication of what we are getting in the future.

• new Slytherin robes
  • Kigsley 
  • uncle Vernon?
  • Dudley?
  • several I do not recognize as well

Also another book with Ron Weasley and Scabbers figs has leaked
This theme sure gets loot of books, but what about promos; Lego?

On 7/19/2019 at 4:47 AM, Otherworld said:

I'm building the clock tower right now and I noticed that the clear "icy decorations" are yellowish asf, I put them on the table and I was like, ummm, something's not right. And indeed, they look yellowed next to the clear goblets. Am I the only one? I mean, I bought it sealed from the lego store..

I built the clock tower yesterday, and the pieces in mine were regular trans clear with no yellowing.

As for the set itself, I found it pretty good. Nice figures, the build was along the lines of the other Hogwarts sets.

Some are extremly hard to tell *huh*

-Ollivander, Rosmerta and Kingsley at the front?

-Young Dumbledore at the right corner?

-Uncle Vernon at the second row?

-Horace Slughorn behind Snape. Lucius Malfoy shadowed at the very end with Hermione.

-There is a smiling boy with a white t-shirt and brown hoodie that appears three times. Maybe part of the finding game?

-Young Leta Lestrange behind Snape? The one with hands held high. The blond man at her side could be Gilderoy Lockhart. No idea about the lady.

I don't see anyone really fabulous like Nagini, Rita or Kreacher.  But I enjoyed guessing :laugh: Who do you see?

Edited by Riku

2 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

If they don’t give Lucius the new Richard Harris Dumbledore hair piece, it will be a complete missed opportunity.

Luna's would work too

2 hours ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Honestly, I think Lucius needs a new hairpiece. The Richard Harris hair could sort-of work, but it lacks any hair in the front.

Lucius doesn’t have any hair in the front. It just slicks all the way back in a smooth way just like that hair piece. I think it’s perfect.

EDIT: I suppose there are sometimes slivers of hair coming down in the front especially in his more disheveled look in DH, but for the most part, the Dumbledore hair would be perfect. As for Luna’s hair, it doesn’t look right at all

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

What I don't get is why they gave Draco and Luna light yellow hair, instead of the tan that Draco and Lucius have in past years (and Luna has in the video game as well). It looks so much better than the yellow!

New Harry Potter sticker book spotted on Hungarian book retailers.
The cover features a lot of interesting characters.

Notably:
Gilderoy Lockheart
Ron in a Hurbology uniform
A Otter Patronus
Possibly another Patronus or Moaning Myrtle hidden by a logo.
Possibly a new Molly Weasley hidden by the logo.

Also, on the search and find book:
Slytherin Robes in bottom right.
Luna in Ravenclaw robes behind mad eye moody.

Hopefully this hints towards what we'll see next year and maybe in a second cmf series.

Edited by Brick Cucumber

1 hour ago, Brick Cucumber said:

Notably:
Gilderoy Lockheart
A Otter Patronus

Hopefully this hints towards what we'll see next year and maybe in a second cmf series.

I doubt it, aside from his hair Lockhart looks pretty much the same as his old figure

If anyone is interested, Amazon US finally has all of the Harry Potter sets in stock. They are a little tricky to find right now however. I had to search for them using only the name of the set without the word Lego or set number. But they’re all in stock and if you’re a prime member they have one-day shipping for them.  I’ve been sitting on several hundred dollars worth of Amazon gift cards to use for these sets so it’s been a long wait for me ?

Edited by djmangunz

9 hours ago, Decat said:

What I don't get is why they gave Draco and Luna light yellow hair, instead of the tan that Draco and Lucius have in past years (and Luna has in the video game as well). It looks so much better than the yellow!

I agree, I don’t know why they did away with that “pale blond” color, it was far more accurate than the bright yellow. Oh well.

I hope they do dumbledores hair in black someday, trying to make a custom ‘wind in his hair’ from Damces with wolves. It’s perfect for him.

Just now, Brick Cucumber said:

Notably:
Gilderoy Lockheart
A Otter Patronus

Where can I find this?

14 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

Where can I find this?

Probably on the LegoLeaks hashtag on instagram.
Anyone know if it's okay for me to link to the retailer's page with the book?

2 hours ago, Brick Cucumber said:

Probably on the LegoLeaks hashtag on instagram.
Anyone know if it's okay for me to link to the retailer's page with the book?

Probably not? Its a leak right?

Hey, I've just realised that today is Harry Potter's birthday. I guess this is why Lego chose to release those 2 sets today. 

Smyth's in the UK has 20% off various Lego Harry Potter sets. I've asked but no one at Smyth's was able to inform me of the duration of the promotion. Available in-store and online. Offer may just be today for Harry Potter's birthday. 

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Probably not? Its a leak right?

I mean, it's being sold on a book retailer's site. It's still up and is an official image. I thought the rules were that official retailer listings were ok?

I got confused with the dates. Harry Potter's birthday is the 31st July. Need to invest in a calendar. That's what happens during the 6 week holidays, you lose track of time. The offer still stands though.

14 hours ago, Brick Cucumber said:

Notably:
Gilderoy Lockheart
A Otter Patronus

Definetly more than one patronus on the image, the otter is sure, but also a dog (under de number 1), maybe a terrier.  And still another two bluish figures, the one on Ron's head looks like a bunny but maybe is just part of a ghost as you said.

Could be aunt Marge at Harry's head.

I see a teddy bear, I don't remember any appearing in the books or the movies.

I was excited to see Ron in herbology uniform but then I thought that they just replaced Neville's head.  I can't see Professor Sprout on any of this two book covers, so my hopes for the greenhouse are low :sceptic:

Just saw the sticker book cover on Instagram. Really hope that otter becomes a real piece. :laugh: (the Expecto Patronum set has spoiled me, I need all the patronuses now)