Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

10 minutes ago, Scarlet_Patronus said:

Is the ski resort the Winter Village set for this year? 

No it isn't, that's pretty obvious. This set doesn't contain anything christmas related and it's part of the City theme, Winter Village is a subtheme of Creator

Is there any way of telling whether the HP sets for next year are winter/spring or summer?   Part of me would like to see two waves of sets, but another part thinks that one very high quality wave plus a D2C would be lovely.  I really don’t want this theme to turn into Star Wars, with fifty sets a year   Maybe I’m just being selfish, but I can’t afford that   

Either way, I’m sure we’re getting an advent calendar next year, unless this one totally bombs, which it won’t.  And given the surprise addition of the Rise of Voldemort and the Beauxbatons Carriage, I’m pretty sure we’ll get more than four sets total next year, regardless of when they are release.  

Edited by RogueTwo

8 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

Is there any way of telling whether the HP sets for next year are winter/spring or summer?

Not sure, but when the winter retail catalogue arrives in September(?) we will hopefully get a confirmation :shrug_oh_well:

First post, so don't know if i'm in the wrong topic.

Readed a lot about whises for upcoming releases, and now the animals moulds, i ended wishing every living creature like Hagrid.  I really miss more magical creatures from Harry Potter universe, I loved the sniffler addition to Newt figure on the last serie and i hope to see more "pets" on the upcoming HP series. 

-Bloodworms. There is no larva/maggot model, the closest are wampa's horns, i'm trying to make something with them. With a round mouth to attach the new green transparent splash to make them spit slime! Or maybe some lettuce leaves to feed them during the long Hagrid's lessons when he was depressed. Also it would be a model usable for other universes, maggots are so much fun!

-Bowtruckles. We need this beautiful leafy creature. Maybe somebody already did a custome one?

-The kelpie. I dislkied almost every new creature in the new movies realease except this one, it was awesome. I need more fauna for Hogwart's lake, gryndelows, plimpys, or a more evil mermaids. 

-A decent phoenix. 

-More transparent animals to make patronus, a cat for Umbrige or a bunny for Luna.

Edited by Riku

2 hours ago, Riku said:

First post, so don't know if i'm in the wrong topic.

Readed a lot about whises for upcoming releases, and now the animals moulds, i ended wishing every living creature like Hagrid.  I really miss more magical creatures from Harry Potter universe, I loved the sniffler addition to Newt figure on the last serie and i hope to see more "pets" on the upcoming HP series. 

-Bloodworms. There is no larva/maggot model, the closest are wampa's horns, i'm trying to make something with them. With a round mouth to attach the new green transparent splash to make them spit slime! Or maybe some lettuce leaves to feed them during the long Hagrid's lessons when he was depressed. Also it would be a model usable for other universes, maggots are so much fun!

-Bowtruckles. We need this beautiful leafy creature. Maybe somebody already did a custome one?

-The kelpie. I dislkied almost every new creature in the new movies realease except this one, it was awesome. I need more fauna for Hogwart's lake, gryndelows, plimpys, or a more evil mermaids. 

-A decent phoenix. 

-More transparent animals to make patronus, a cat for Umbrige or a bunny for Luna.

- Sadly I don’t think we have much of a chance of getting a worm mold out of the Harry Potter theme, since the scenes with them were cut from the movies. 

- So far we’ve gotten Picket printed on Newt’s torso and represented as a ‘leek’ piece. I think bowtruckles are just too small and spindly for anything else. 

- I definitely wouldn’t mind the Zouwu or Kelpie from CoG making it into sets. And if the kelpie came as part of a Newt’s House set I’d be ecstatic. Grindylows seem like a decent chance too if they ever go back to the second task of GoF. 

- The Phoenix mold back in 2002 was amazing, I’m really hoping for an updated version. 

- I’ve been crossing my fingers for a DA scene with more patronuses ever since Harry’s stag leaked. And considering that the molds for Ron’s Terrier, Luna’s Hare and Ginny’s Horse all exist already, the only new mold they’d need to make is Hermione’s Otter. And the ‘Patronus lesson’ in the OotP movie is also when Umbridge breaks into the Room of Requirement so it’s a perfect choice for a set. :)

I’d also like to put in a word for centaurs, which I think we have a good chance of getting next year, and I know even people outside of Harry Potter fans have been wanting Lego to do for awhile. 

Welcome @Riku , always nice when somebody that loves animal moulds join EB :grin:

The animal moulds they have made so far in this theme are fantastic, but they definitely could be more numerous.

Both the phoenix and Fang have been very close to getting a mould I think, but for some reason it have not happened yet unfortunately.
I am sure we will see more new moulds as the theme gets new sets in the coming years :wink:

As I have said before I think they are to stingy on owls in the sets compared to older sets, since owls are so important in the WW, but that is not to late they could give us a set based on this scene :laugh::
57dff03aa1e3051b008b49df-750-563.jpg

Thanks for the welcome :blush:

Agree, LEGO could be more generous with the animals on the last releases. Argus Filch came without his cat, the owelry just with Hedwig, Hagrid's Hut without Fang, McGonall Sirius without their animagic forms... For me this minor additions would make the sets more exciting. 

I'm also worried about all the cuts the movies did. Hopefully the new saga of movies will give some protagonism to some of the forgotten creatures and we will see it in the future, like niffler.

And yeah, give us Firenze and more centaurs!

Just found the two August sets at Target. I bought the only copy of Rise of Voldemort they had.

EDIT: After buying and building both sets, I have to say these are two of the best ones yet. The figures are fantastic and the builds are very nice, especially the carriage. Both are spectacular sets.

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

4 hours ago, Riku said:

Thanks for the welcome :blush:

Agree, LEGO could be more generous with the animals on the last releases. Argus Filch came without his cat, the owelry just with Hedwig, Hagrid's Hut without Fang, McGonall Sirius without their animagic forms... For me this minor additions would make the sets more exciting. 

I'm also worried about all the cuts the movies did. Hopefully the new saga of movies will give some protagonism to some of the forgotten creatures and we will see it in the future, like niffler.

And yeah, give us Firenze and more centaurs!

We want blast-ended screwts!

22 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

We want blast-ended screwts!

A Blast-Ended Skrewt appears in the new Hagrid's Motorbike rollercoaster ride, despite not being in the movies, so they could definitely add one to a Lego set (since every set needs a "baddie" for the heroes to fight, ala the Basilisk added to the Great Hall). Maybe in a Care of Magical Creatures set (with a Niffler), or a new Hagrid's hut in a few years.

Just picked up the ride of Voldemort set, and I must say that while it’s not the most exciting set of the wave, it is really nice; cool build and 5 exclusive minifigs is something you really can’t beat. I do however think that with the set alone, the graveyard setup in my display is still lacking, I’ll probably end up buying the hidden side graveyard to complement it.

Also apparently someone on Instagram bought the advent calendar already, but to have it already be on the shelves is a bit odd right? Seeing sets a week or two before street date is rather common, but more than month before release?... odd, but hey, the sooner the better.

7 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I think the Hidden Side graveyard will look very nice next to the HP one. 

I don't doubt that, but I'll keep it to RoV alone as Hidden Side doesn't really interest me (aside from the boat and cafe builds) and there are way more sets coming out soon. I'll probably try to expand it using my own parts

13 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I don't doubt that, but I'll keep it to RoV alone as Hidden Side doesn't really interest me (aside from the boat and cafe builds) and there are way more sets coming out soon. I'll probably try to expand it using my own parts

I agree, the HS set had nice sticker/prints for the gravestones, but the build doesn't look much like Little Hangleton graveyard. The mausoleum and tree look nothing like the LH ones, so you might as well start from scratch. 

Is Harry Potter theme doing well on sales? I can't stop thinking that the original saga is really old and this sweet fantasy is about to end. Star Wars and the Marvel universe seem far more popular and youth.  There is still hope for more Harry Potter releases the next years? Is there a web or a place to check LEGO's themes success?

My niece will love the advent calendar, and then for Christmas the clock tower! Thanks lego for making so easy to be a good uncle! :laugh:

2 hours ago, Riku said:

Is Harry Potter theme doing well on sales? I can't stop thinking that the original saga is really old and this sweet fantasy is about to end. Star Wars and the Marvel universe seem far more popular and youth.  There is still hope for more Harry Potter releases the next years? Is there a web or a place to check LEGO's themes success?

My niece will love the advent calendar, and then for Christmas the clock tower! Thanks lego for making so easy to be a good uncle! :laugh:

You’re probably seeing a lot of marketing for Marvel and Star Wars in certain stores because of Endgame and Rise of Skywalker, but that doesn’t mean Harry Potter has been horribly affected. Barnes and Noble, for instance, has a very extensive Harry Potter section that appears to be pretty permanent now, with the new sets currently front and center (in contrast, the Star Wars section that cropped up before dying out after episode VIII came out has yet to reappear). New merchandise is being released all the time regardless of if a movie is coming out, Wizards Unite just came out, Hogwarts Mystery is still going strong after over a year with weekly updates, and the illustrated edition of Goblet of Fire is just the most notable new publication to be slated for this fall. 

Lego might not have officially confirmed more waves yet, but I’m pretty sure Harry Potter as a theme is safe (plus there were four set numbers for the theme leaked with a bunch of other 2020 info a few weeks back). 

9 hours ago, Riku said:

I think your perception of the succes of those themes are being overshadowed by the performances of the movies themselves. Because while Marvel is the biggest brand there is atm (movie-wise) their sets perform terribly, almost 75% of marvel sets are left to warm shelves (which is lego's own fault as most marvel sets suck). The Harry Potter theme does extremely well, it is one of the top performing themes last year despite only existing for 5 months as opposed to the 12 months of the other themes. Hence why they decided to make the advent calendar, which was a very last minute decision

Star Wars sets= good quality sets, terrible prices 

marvel sets= bad quality sets, decent prices

Harry Potter sets= amazing quality sets, amazing prices 

Harry Potter sets are probably doing the best

I told myself that I would buy a set per month, but I've been buying like 5 this month Lmao! I just can't resist. I also just purchased the bricktober set and I'm looking at 4 other sets right now #ResponsibleAdult 

I lowkey want the theme to end next year or in 2021 ? As someone said, I wouldn't be able to keep up with the rhythm of Star Wars. 

Picked up the Beauxbatons Carriage yesterday (Australia). It's a really pretty, eye catching model, and fun to build too with the whole upside-down drawer piece section. The minifigures are as excellent as they appear in images.

The only thing about it is the price, or the size for the price. While there are a few big pieces, plus of course the horses and the new minifigures, it's really mainly small pieces and detail. It's great looking, but it's another one that "feels small" for how much it costs. Still, the set is so well done that it's worth it in the long run.

3 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

Picked up the Beauxbatons Carriage yesterday (Australia). It's a really pretty, eye catching model, and fun to build too with the whole upside-down drawer piece section. The minifigures are as excellent as they appear in images.

The only thing about it is the price, or the size for the price. While there are a few big pieces, plus of course the horses and the new minifigures, it's really mainly small pieces and detail. It's great looking, but it's another one that "feels small" for how much it costs. Still, the set is so well done that it's worth it in the long run.

This really excites me. I’ve wanted the carriage to be realized as a set since I was a little kid, and it’s great to know it’s well executed - especially since it’s the first set of the theme reboot not to feature Harry in it. Hopefully it, the Clocktower and the Patronus set sell well to let Lego know we really like them doing new scenes and characters.  

I just noticed that the build your own adventure book only contains scenes from Philosophers stone, hopefully that would mean more could come in the following years, with each book coming with a different minifigure and mini set depicting a small scene from that movie, with the actual book showing designs based off of that movie/book.

i was thinking something like the dueling club with Draco for year two,  a portion of the wooden bridge with Hermione for year three, and some Quidditch World Cup tents with Ron for year four. What do you all think?

10 hours ago, Sir Godric said:

Is there a chance to see Bricktober sets this year??

Slim to none, TRU is out of businesses and they sold the bricktober sets.. Lego on the other hand could make some kind of other promo instead :shrug_oh_well: So far no HP promos this year which is strange :wacko:

10 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

In a perfect world Lego could have put in another horse in the front so they got a similar shape as the 7 in the film and size of the set would increase with very few extra pieces..

1 hour ago, GilbertoAguilera101 said:

I just noticed that the build your own adventure book only contains scenes from Philosophers stone, hopefully that would mean more could come in the following years, with each book coming with a different minifigure and mini set depicting a small scene from that movie, with the actual book showing designs based off of that movie/book.

i was thinking something like the dueling club with Draco for year two,  a portion of the wooden bridge with Hermione for year three, and some Quidditch World Cup tents with Ron for year four. What do you all think?

I think this is a really good idea for keeping the theme “evergreen”, so to speak. I don’t think that the HP line has problems with popularity (the advent calendar demonstrates this) so hopefully we will see more expansions like this.