Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

3 hours ago, GilbertoAguilera101 said:

And when do you think me might get another promo or free item?

I think it depends on how much money the theme is making, and whether those promos helped sales at all. Did Barnes and Noble experience better Lego sales on the days of the golden snitch and bricktober events? We’re people rushing to the Lego store for Diagon Alley or the wand build? If so (very likely) we’ll see more of this kind of thing - although with no rumors yet this year about bricktober I’m skeptical on whether we’ll see anything like that again (for any theme). 

Just as a heads up, someone on Instagram is claiming there is a large 3th set coming out on august 1st. We can pretty much confirm this isn't true

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Just as a heads up, someone on Instagram is claiming there is a large 3th set coming out on august 1st. We can pretty much confirm this isn't true

I mean, the Hogwarts Express was kept under wraps until pretty late wasn't it? But yeah I can't see this being true. Wish it was, but I doubt it. I could only see it being a Second Task set (which would explain Gabrielle's second face) but that is pure wish listing.

17 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

I mean, the Hogwarts Express was kept under wraps until pretty late wasn't it? But yeah I can't see this being true. Wish it was, but I doubt it. I could only see it being a Second Task set (which would explain Gabrielle's second face) but that is pure wish listing.

Pretty sure the Hogwarts Express wasn't revealed 2 weeks (or less!) before the releasedate though

11 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Everything is possible and the limited sets or D2C have a better chance at going undetected for a longer time than normal sets, but unless something more solid turns up it is probably just the advent calendar or a similar misunderstanding :shrug_oh_well:

At this point it’s so close, I’m fine just waiting to see what happens. I see nothing to indicate a third August set but who knows? Lego anomalies happen all the time. We’ll see in a couple of weeks.

I've seen the set numbers. It seems extremely early to be getting this information unless it's a January 2020 release. Does anyone remember the rumors of the quidditch practice set and the other set numbers leaked end of 2018/beginning of 2019? As much as I'd like to see more sets in late December/January, I am not going to be chomping at the bit for these to be official.

3 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

Yeah, but we knew that there was another retailer exclusive besides the (accurately) rumored Quidditch set - the only reason the Hogwarts Express was a surprise is because people didn’t know what it would be (there was a false rumor about the Knight Bus) not that we didn’t know there was a set at all. 

I was looking through the BYOA book and I noticed something intriguing in these instructions:

https://ibb.co/6Fg4cDF

does a 3x4 plate exist? I can't find anything on BL other than 88646 and 44570, neither exists in medium nougat. Has a designer used a piece that's yet to be introduced in an official set?

It could be new, but I think it's more likely that the text is wrong and that it is either 2 2x3 plates or 1x4 + 2x4 plates. 

36 minutes ago, LegoFjotten said:

It could be new, but I think it's more likely that the text is wrong and that it is either 2 2x3 plates or 1x4 + 2x4 plates. 

It's a possibility of course, but I think the tiny gap between plates would be visible, unless it was mistakenly edited out. Not that it matters really, it's not like the model is impossible to build without the non-existent part. I'm just curious, the models are credited to actual Lego designers and if anyone had the access to new parts, it would be them.

31 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Am I the only one seeing a pink patronus *oh2*

No you're not the only, it's probably just a rendering error but it's pretty funny that they could get it that wrong.

66640403_355154095156838_369728750258382

10 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

No you're not the only, it's probably just a rendering error but it's pretty funny that they could get it that wrong. 

Good :head_back:
Maybe Harry though the dementors where boggarts and cast a Riddikulus charm that backfired :tongue:

Anyone know why the 2020 thread was shut down? I assume it was just because it’s a little early to have a separate thread going at the same time and they just want to narrow it to one for now?

26 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Anyone know why the 2020 thread was shut down? I assume it was just because it’s a little early to have a separate thread going at the same time and they just want to narrow it to one for now?

Captain Nemo has been tidying up the Licenced Theme board, we can carry on the 2020 discussion on here :) 

So, I think this winter wave will probably be for EITHER for 1-2 OR 3-4. (I doubt they'd mix the minifigure designs in the same wave.) Considering that LEGO's main release season overall is May-August, that is most likely to be when we get the main 5-6 sets.

2 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

So, I think this winter wave will probably be for EITHER for 1-2 OR 3-4. (I doubt they'd mix the minifigure designs in the same wave.) Considering that LEGO's main release season overall is May-August, that is most likely to be when we get the main 5-6 sets.

I think this would be good to fill in some gaps, there’s still lots of potential sets for the first 4 movies and it would suck to have to wait until they’re done with the rest to get them.

this has been said a hundred times before but some things we still need are the philosophers stone challenges, chamber of secrets, shrieking shack, second task, durmstrang ship, etc pretty much one or two sets per movie

The Carriageand Graveyard sets have been put up on the US website - release date confirmed August 1st. 

5 minutes ago, GilbertoAguilera101 said:

I think this would be good to fill in some gaps, there’s still lots of potential sets for the first 4 movies and it would suck to have to wait until they’re done with the rest to get them.

this has been said a hundred times before but some things we still need are the philosophers stone challenges, chamber of secrets, shrieking shack, second task, durmstrang ship, etc pretty much one or two sets per movie

Privet Drive, the Burrow and Diagon Alley are the other big locations I think. 

I think maybe a £19.99 Duelling Club, £39.99 Privet Drive, £59.99 Durmstrang Ship/Lake Task and £79.99 Chamber of Secrets would be a good spread of sets for example.