Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

18 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

How the heck was this being sold at Legoland, I thought it wasn’t being sold until August...

Peter's hand is in the cauldron :roflmao:

Lego are really going all out with the dismemberment references this year.

Edit: Also Harry's Blood in the cauldron. Lego be wild in 2019.

It's kinda baffling how cheap some of the Harry Potter sets are. Just this year we've gotten 2 separate $20 sets with 4 great figures in each and some great builds. Genuinely the best line Lego is producing.

Edited by Brick Cucumber

So these are being sold at Legoland? They aren’t even on the website yet as “coming soon”. Very odd. The August release was only ever a rumor as far as I know but at this point I have no idea when these will become widely available. August still probably makes the most sense but you would think they would be on the website by now.

If we get a second CMF series, I would definitely expect them to mould that new Beaubuxtons hairpiece in another colour for one of the other students. Such a great piece that was made for this line.

Edited by Brick Cucumber

59 minutes ago, Brick Cucumber said:

If we get a second CMF series, I would definitely expect them to mould that new Beaubuxtons hairpiece in another colour for one of the other students. Such a great piece that was made for this line.

The thing is, none of the other Beauxbatons students even warrant a name even in the books. They haven’t given us a nameless character yet and I think it will be a long while before they start giving us generic students. 

The carriage and graveyard will definitely be coming in August to most stores and countries. I like how the recommended age for the graveyard scene is 7 years and up. Never too young to learn.

Just now, Acura said:

The carriage and graveyard will definitely be coming in August to most stores and countries. I like how the recommended age for the graveyard scene is 7 years and up. Never too young to learn.

Oh yes. You’re never too young for necromancy. :)

7 hours ago, Brick Cucumber said:

Peter's hand is in the cauldron :roflmao:

Lego are really going all out with the dismemberment references this year.

Edit: Also Harry's Blood in the cauldron. Lego be wild in 2019.

It's kinda baffling how cheap some of the Harry Potter sets are. Just this year we've gotten 2 separate $20 sets with 4 great figures in each and some great builds. Genuinely the best line Lego is producing.

Technically this set has 5 figures, if you count the statue (which technically is a figure)

4 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

So these are being sold at Legoland? They aren’t even on the website yet as “coming soon”. Very odd. The August release was only ever a rumor as far as I know but at this point I have no idea when these will become widely available. August still probably makes the most sense but you would think they would be on the website by now.

According to brickshop.nl they release on July 26th (in the Netherlands at least)

4 hours ago, Brick Cucumber said:

As I've suggested before, this piece would be great for a figure of Vinda Rosier from CoG

On 7/10/2019 at 5:05 PM, Lego-Freak said:

However, I’m more perplexed at the choice not to feature Babymort in the minifig (or rather „character“) section of the box :laugh: 

I see what you mean actually. It's odd they they didn't market it on the side. I guess there's so much debate on what counts and what doesn't count as minifigure like the Astomech Droid in Star Wars (Although let's not go down that route :laugh:

12 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

My money’s on an exclusive vignette like last year’s Millennium Falcon cockpit, with either a minifigure or two already available, or one that will be available next year, pertaining to Years 5-6.  

If there was an SDCC exclusive then I'd prefer it to be something like that (or like this year's Batman Skyline). Something that can be built out of existing parts. 

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

As I've suggested before, this piece would be great for a figure of Vinda Rosier from CoG

Except for the ponytail :hmpf_bad:

32 minutes ago, Scarlet_Patronus said:

This might be a little off topic, but when would we expect to hear whether there will be more Wizarding World LEGO sets next year? 

Unless they decide to up the ante and release a spring wave, it’s going to be January :wink:

Rumors of a 2019 wave popped up quite early last year, but those turned out to be bogus so I’d expect no substantial info before then :shrug_oh_well:

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Technically this set has 5 figures, if you count the statue (which technically is a figure)

Technically 6 if you count the baby. 

These cheap sets have been great for those "not technically minifigures" very desirable figures. God I LOVE this wave.

I just don't get why they changed the colour of Maxime's hair from brown to black. It's very annoying that in the same year, same line (i.e. main line, not CMF) sets which are released within two months of each other have inconsistencies like this. It just doesn't show much care to me. Her hair is not black at all so why change it?

2 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

I just don't get why they changed the colour of Maxime's hair from brown to black. It's very annoying that in the same year, same line (i.e. main line, not CMF) sets which are released within two months of each other have inconsistencies like this. It just doesn't show much care to me. Her hair is not black at all so why change it?

Yeah that’s frustrating. Very weird choice on the part of Lego

Thing is, it’s not even bad if Lego remakes some of the sets (yes, it is bad on the wallet) but, a set like the great hall can be remade, but instead be based on POA or COS, and other hogwarts remade sets could have different interiors , so in that sense, it’s technically NOT being remade but instead just a new set. Same goes for the hogwarts express. We got a POA variant, but it could be remade but based on PS or COS or HBP etc 

14 minutes ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

For some reason Gabrielle has a sleeping face in the carriage, possible Merpeople set in 2020?!

Is her face print new? I just assumed it was another case of a minor child character getting a reused face print but I don’t know all of them off the top of my head. 

45 minutes ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

For some reason Gabrielle has a sleeping face in the carriage, possible Merpeople set in 2020?!

I wouldn't see this as confirmation of a Merpeople set but more as a case of lego thinking ahead. They kinda had to make a new face for her and they'll want to reuse that face when they do eventually tackle the second challenge. It could come next year, but it could also come after they've finished up the first round of all movies

28 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Is her face print new? I just assumed it was another case of a minor child character getting a reused face print but I don’t know all of them off the top of my head. 

It's new, I'm about 99% sure

18 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I wouldn't see this as confirmation of a Merpeople set but more as a case of lego thinking ahead. They kinda had to make a new face for her and they'll want to reuse that face when they do eventually tackle the second challenge. It could come next year, but it could also come after they've finished up the first round of all movies

I think it being in production and also being in one of the later release sets probably points towards that. But then again, they could have just included it because we don't have an updated version for our own mocs.

just2good's review of the set with a look at the new Gabrielle face print.
Anyone think he might be right in predicting these we're 2020 sets rolled into this year because of the popularity of the theme?

50 minutes ago, Brick Cucumber said:

Anyone think he might be right in predicting these we're 2020 sets rolled into this year because of the popularity of the theme?

I think it’s more likely that the 2 August sets were originally set aside for Fantastic Beasts (like last year) but on seeing the sales figures they decided to stick to Harry Potter for a year with no movie tie in. Whether or not these were originally sketched out for next year or they made them for August originally? Hard to say. 

5 hours ago, Brick Cucumber said:

I wouldn’t think so. Those two sets are distinctly Year 4. Going off of last year’s wave, they were arguably Year 1 & 2(with a hint of 3). The accepted routine is two school years per wave, which has been reflected in this year’s wave. 

8 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

The accepted routine is two school years per wave, which has been reflected in this year’s wave.

I don't really think we can say there's an accepted precedent when this new line has only been running for a year. They might be willing to bend rules depending on how much content is in each film.

Edited by Brick Cucumber