Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

It’s kinda vague. Some stuff is locked in. Basically anything introduced in Disney CMF cant be used elsewhere as far as I know (hence why the 11th Doctor didn’t have Aladdin’s hair and fez combo)

I remember hearing that CMF parts can't be used elsewhere for a certain amount of time after release, but are then able to be used. It may be different for licensed CMF though.

Edit: and loads of moulds have been introduced in CMF and then used elsewhere. I also seem to remember hearing that there is a distinction between licensed and non-licensed parts, and that licensed parts can only be used in the license they were made for... I have no idea how all this relates to CMFs though, and for every rule there seem to be exceptions...

Edited by Decat

My pre-ordered sets have arrived today :wub_drool: ...and so have the Jurassic World sets and everything else I ordered on June 1st :laugh_hard: Yeah, the pre-order was completely POINTLESS

55 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

My pre-ordered sets have arrived today :wub_drool: ...and so have the Jurassic World sets and everything else I ordered on June 1st :laugh_hard: Yeah, the pre-order was completely POINTLESS

Consider yourself lucky, I have to wait until 21st of June ?, can’t complain too much though, got a lot of things to keep me preoccupied until then

Edited by TheRandomBlocker

44 minutes ago, GryffindorResistance said:

I feel that Dumbledore's office is just thrown into the Clocktower for no reason. Would've been great to get it as it's own set.

I’m guessing it’s there because of the scene where Harry uses the pensieve for the first time in GoF. Hence why it’s above the prefects’ bathroom, while the hospital wing and defense classroom are paired together in the larger section of the clocktower - since both those rooms are associated with PoA. I understand why they wouldn’t want to do it as it’s own set again, the 2002 set was basically half filler. 

On 6/7/2019 at 3:37 PM, Accio Lego said:

I’m guessing it’s there because of the scene where Harry uses the pensieve for the first time in GoF. Hence why it’s above the prefects’ bathroom, while the hospital wing and defense classroom are paired together in the larger section of the clocktower - since both those rooms are associated with PoA. I understand why they wouldn’t want to do it as it’s own set again, the 2002 set was basically half filler. 

To be fair  LEGO didn’t have much source material at the time to go off of considering that the set was in production before the Chamber of Secretes was  released in theaters. LEGO would create a much more accurate set for his office if they were to release a set of his office. 

Edited by legogoblin2099

1 hour ago, legogoblin2099 said:

To be fear  LEGO didn’t have much source material at the time to go off of considering that the set was in production before the Chamber of Secretes was  released in theaters. LEGO would create a much more accurate set for his office if they were to release a set of his office. 

True enough, I suspect that Lego just doesn’t want to make it its own set because canonically speaking in the movies the headmaster’s office is in the little triple turret offshoot from the big main staircase tower, and that’s a little tricky to make as a set. It’s easier to stick it wherever they have room in another set. (That said I wouldn’t mind if they decided to do a bespoke Dumbledore’s office set with that spiraling griffin staircase)

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

Some very nice Wizarding World builds :sweet:

Wow thanks for the link. They are amazing! I love it all :)

2 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Some very nice Wizarding World builds :sweet:

The story book with the Tale of the Three Brothers is inspired! I know it's unlikely, but I would love Lego to make this as a real set (presumably in 2021).

33 minutes ago, Felkin said:

The story book with the Tale of the Three Brothers is inspired! I know it's unlikely, but I would love Lego to make this as a real set (presumably in 2021).

I honestly don't think lego will ever do expansion sets for the Ideas Book even though they really should. I'm personally not a big fan of the set itself but I do see a lot of potential (and money :wink:) in add-on sets

Don't know if this has been done, but I made a render of how I would like to get a Goblet of Fire one day. I based it on how it looked in the'LEGO Harry Potter years 1-4' videogame.

Unfortunately, some of the pieces don't exist in these colours yet.

Goblet of Fire.png

Edited by Mordarch

58 minutes ago, Mordarch said:

Don't know if this has been done, but I made a render of how I would like to get a Goblet of Fire one day. I based it on how it looked in the'LEGO Harry Potter years 1-4' videogame.

Goblet of Fire.png

I highly doubt we’ll ever get another set with the Goblet.  That’s a lovely render, though, and it should be easy enough to approximate, especially with the parts palette expanding every year.  :thumbup:

Personally, I would make it brown, because it’s carved out of wood in the book and the movie, but that’s just me.  

26 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

Personally, I would make it brown, because it’s carved out of wood in the book and the movie, but that’s just me.  

Yes, you're right, the film version is a mix of brown and grey in my opinion, maybe dark tan would fit best.

4 hours ago, Mordarch said:

Do you have a parts list you could share for this? Looks good! 

5 minutes ago, Seaber said:

Do you have a parts list you could share for this? Looks good! 

Sure, I do have to say that not all pieces are available in the colours I used, it will be hard to find a good matching colour if you choose to do it in another colour.

Parts:

1x  30151a -  Brick, Round 2 x 2 x 1 2/3 Dome Top - Blocked Open Stud  -  Dark Bluish Gray  (not available)

1x  6587 -  Technic, Axle 3 with Stud - Blocked Open Stud  -  Dark Bluish Gray

1x  6589 -  Technic, Gear 8 Tooth Type 1  -  Dark Bluish Gray  (not available)

1x  20482 -  Tile, Round 1 x 1 with Bar and Pin Holder  -  Dark Bluish Gray

1x  15535  -  Tile, Round 2 x 2 with Hole  -  Dark Bluish Gray

1x  90258 -  Brick, Modified 2 x 2 with Grooves and Axle Hole  -  Light Bluish Gray  (not available)

4x  3045  -  Slope 45 2 x 2 Double Convex  -  Light Bluish Gray

12 hours ago, Mordarch said:

Sure, I do have to say that not all pieces are available in the colours I used, it will be hard to find a good matching colour if you choose to do it in another colour.

Parts:

1x  30151a -  Brick, Round 2 x 2 x 1 2/3 Dome Top - Blocked Open Stud  -  Dark Bluish Gray  (not available)

1x  6587 -  Technic, Axle 3 with Stud - Blocked Open Stud  -  Dark Bluish Gray

1x  6589 -  Technic, Gear 8 Tooth Type 1  -  Dark Bluish Gray  (not available)

1x  20482 -  Tile, Round 1 x 1 with Bar and Pin Holder  -  Dark Bluish Gray

1x  15535  -  Tile, Round 2 x 2 with Hole  -  Dark Bluish Gray

1x  90258 -  Brick, Modified 2 x 2 with Grooves and Axle Hole  -  Light Bluish Gray  (not available)

4x  3045  -  Slope 45 2 x 2 Double Convex  -  Light Bluish Gray

Brilliant, thanks :) 

so- 

Year 1&2- short legs 

Year 3&4&5&6- mid legs 

year 7& older- regular legs 

Certain heights may be represented differently

Oliver Wood uses regular legs, and he was a fifth year at the time depicted in the Quidditch Match set. So depending on the character, I'd say regular legs as early as Year 5, but definitely by Year 6.

On 6/7/2019 at 11:19 PM, Accio Lego said:

True enough, I suspect that Lego just doesn’t want to make it its own set because canonically speaking in the movies the headmaster’s office is in the little triple turret offshoot from the big main staircase tower, and that’s a little tricky to make as a set. It’s easier to stick it wherever they have room in another set. (That said I wouldn’t mind if they decided to do a bespoke Dumbledore’s office set with that spiraling griffin staircase)

The headmasters office could've been an amazing set on its own - rather than including the random tower in the Great Hall set, Lego could've made the Great Hall set bigger, while making the large tower a  $100 set on its own, including Dumbledore's office and the moving staircases. 

I combined 2 Great Hall sets and was able to make my own by doing that, but wish Lego did it first hahah.

1 hour ago, tafkatb said:

Oliver Wood uses regular legs, and he was a fifth year at the time depicted in the Quidditch Match set. So depending on the character, I'd say regular legs as early as Year 5, but definitely by Year 6.

I think it's really just going to be based on the specific character's height for each year, or just how it looks relatively in the scene. I don't think they're going to set it completely in stone.

1 hour ago, tafkatb said:

But Luna, yes younger than the others, uses mid legs in the CMF and I reckon the other students will match that height

As far as specific leg heights go - I think judging based off the first wave of sets is a little dicey, since the mid legs weren’t phased in yet. 

Luna has mid legs in the cmf, which depicts her in HBP (her 5th year), Cho also has mid legs and is a 5th year in her first appearance, Cedric is shown across the board as having full sized legs, and he’s a 17 year old 6th year.

Logically, from what we’ve seen so far years 1-2 are short legs, 3-5 are mid legs, and 6-7 are full legs. That being said, the main trio had short legs in the first wave and mid legs in this wave, so it’s possible that Lego will just decide on one or the other for next wave, so they don’t have some Harrys with mid legs and some with full legs in the same wave. 

In case you're wondering what the sets look like next to one another, along with last year's offerings and the 2010/2011 sets:

48031560692_fbc0f6ac56_c.jpg

(The new Knight Bus is hidden behind the Hogwarts Express :grin:)