Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

39 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Fawkes straight up needs to be molded - I have the 2002 Chamber of Secrets and the Fawkes from that is so much better than the little brick built thing we got last year in the Great Hall it’s not even funny. 

Iirc initially it was molded but the mold broke.

48 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

I think the partially brick built method would work with the basalisk, Grawp and the Ukrainian Ironbelly (Gringott’s dragon), but I think the troll and Fluffy are in that in between size where you can brick build them but they look so much better molded, like Buckbeak.

Fawkes straight up needs to be molded - I have the 2002 Chamber of Secrets and the Fawkes from that is so much better than the little brick built thing we got last year in the Great Hall it’s not even funny. 

Agreed, we need a new fawkes and a new owl mold in a flying pose. I think fluffy and the troll would look good either molded or brickbuilt as long as there’s some poseability. 

Brickset just posted their LEGO Harry Potter Trivia Challange! I got 17 out of 20 questions right, what about you guys?

34 minutes ago, GilbertoAguilera101 said:

Agreed, we need a new fawkes and a new owl mold in a flying pose. I think fluffy and the troll would look good either molded or brickbuilt as long as there’s some poseability. 

I think Fluffy absolutely needs to be brick-built (though probably with molded heads) to have enough articulation - I'd like to be able to pose him both in aggressive attack mode and sleeping.

7 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Brickset just posted their LEGO Harry Potter Trivia Challange! I got 17 out of 20 questions right, what about you guys?

15...would’ve been 18 if I didn’t second guess a few of my answers. 

I got 19, because I couldn't remember how many sets featured the Mirror of Erised. Pretty impressed with myself, since the original run of sets coincided almost exactly with my dark ages.

So the biggest things we’re still waiting for with the current wave are Baby Voldemort, and whether Flitwick is a new minifigure or not? (Along w any other surprises that may come w the advent calendar) 

also, didnt someone mention on here a while back that the Clock tower was supposed to come w Gillyweed? I wonder what happened to that

4 minutes ago, m0repotter said:

[...]and whether Flitwick is a new minifigure or not? [...]

He has to be since they don’t reuse CMF prints :wink: The question is if it’s based on his PS/CoS appearance :purrr:

30 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

He has to be since they don’t reuse CMF prints :wink: The question is if it’s based on his PS/CoS appearance :purrr:

They've used the Richard Harris mould for Dumbledore in the calender as oppose to the Micheal Gannon one so I'm crossing my fingers they've gone for the PS/Cos version here. 

I'm also wondering whether Mcgonogall will come with a cat piece for her animagus.

19 minutes ago, Tariq j said:

They've used the Richard Harris mould for Dumbledore in the calender as oppose to the Micheal Gannon one so I'm crossing my fingers they've gone for the PS/Cos version here. 

I'm also wondering whether Mcgonogall will come with a cat piece for her animagus.

I honestly just hope McGonnogall has a printed skirt piece instead of legs

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

Doesn't the calendar Hermione have a torso from the CMF series?

1 minute ago, SoupOrFishOil said:

Doesn't the calendar Hermione have a torso from the CMF series?

Nope, that torso is new

19/20!!!! I missed the question about

how much the animals cost in the Diagonal Alley D2C

Edited by The Pearson

I went to my local lego store and they told me the sets would be arriving anywhere between June-July. Oh well, why even try to rush time :P  I will finish reading the books instead of calling the store again ha ha, I guess I'll take a casual walk around the store in the coming weeks and let myself be surprised!

Btw I scored 18/20 on the test! Having read one of the books actually got me one right without even owning the set haha. You guys probably know which one :D

Edited by Otherworld

13 hours ago, dimaks13 said:

Iirc initially it was molded but the mold broke.

What *huh*

12 hours ago, GilbertoAguilera101 said:

new owl mold in a flying pose.

Personally I would be happy with any owls, not a single one this wave, that is unheard of :wacko:

11 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

The question is if it’s based on his PS/CoS appearance :purrr:

My guess is that it is, why else include him :tongue:

10 hours ago, Tariq j said:

That would be great if that is the case :sweet:

10 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I honestly just hope McGonnogall has a printed skirt piece instead of legs

My guess is that she have, why else include her :tongue: They already have made the piece so why not use it, it is what the adults fans want also..

I got 16/20 Without looking anything up. I was wrong on the beauxbatons, mirror of erised and time which was fine since I did not know, but managed to miss on the diagon alley also. That was a stupid mistake since I assumed it was the D2C set and not the microbuild :S
A very good quiz!

I hope we see some HP/WW designer interview from the fan media days next :excited:

19/20 forgot to include the D2C hogwarts for the Mirror of Erised 

by the way guys- I am debating whether to sell my burrow set, in the hopes that Lego make one in this reboot of the theme, as everything is better, can anyone give me advice as to whether I should, if so, how much for?

got 16/20 on this quiz, the question about the Diagon alley shops got me as I didn't realise it was talking about the microscale set, and I forgot two sets the the mirror of Erised was in!

21 minutes ago, The Pearson said:

I’m assuming that, due to the later release date, there have not been any early sightings in the US yet?

I don't believe there have been any sightings outside of the UK, could be wrong though