Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

5 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Really wish that people would stop complaining about the darn release dates, so what if it’s released 2 months after everyone else?! At the end of the day, it’s lego, a kids toy, unless you’re a kid you actually have no right to moan, so I say why don’t we move on from this topic and talk about something actually positive

1) This just makes you sound pretentious.

2)So we should just tell kids that they can't have the set they want for their birthday because it's not coming out for a month in their country? I'd be pissed even if I was in the age bracket, kids aren't stupid.

I can’t understand why everyone’s so worked up about the release dates because we don’t actually have official confirmation of the US release dates yet. 

Yes, the Harry Potter sets aren’t on the USA s@h site yet, but neither is the new Creator Expert Lunar Module, which is definitely getting a June  1st release date in the US. People need to calm down and take the rumors with a grain of salt until they get confirmed by something other than hearsay. 

Just now, Brick Cucumber said:

1) This just makes you sound pretentious.

2)So we should just tell kids that they can't have the set they want for their birthday because it's not coming out for a month in their country? I'd be pissed even if I was in the age bracket, kids aren't stupid.

1) I am not being pretentious at all, I’m just fed up of megablocks complaining about a damn release date, we got the sets later than the US last year and I didn’t winge, so it does my head in to see you Americans complaining about what is literally nothing

2) I didn’t say that at all now did I, obviously you struggle to read, what I said was “unless you’re a child you have no right to complain”, meaning if you’re an adult I'm a moron and stop crying about a TOY release date, and if you’re a kid/child then I’m sorry that you can’t get the thing you were looking forward to when it was supposed to be coming out

another thing that you people need to realise, the HP sets never had an “official” release date until they were announced, so it’s actually all y’alls faults for believing too much in leaks, the leaked release date was June, there was never any official announcement about it

Just now, Accio Lego said:

I can’t understand why everyone’s so worked up about the release dates because we don’t actually have official confirmation of the US release dates yet. 

Yes, the Harry Potter sets aren’t on the USA s@h site yet, but neither is the new Creator Expert Lunar Module, which is definitely getting a June  1st release date in the US. People need to calm down and take the rumors with a grain of salt until they get confirmed by something other than hearsay. 

Thank you, that and people just need to calm down full stop

1 hour ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Really wish that people would stop complaining about the darn release dates, so what if it’s released 2 months after everyone else?! At the end of the day, it’s lego, a kids toy, unless you’re a kid you actually have no right to moan, so I say why don’t we move on from this topic and talk about something actually positive

Preach, brother. 

Replacing expectation with appreciation is my motto :)

1 hour ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Aww well you’re not in charge of other people’s emotions and you’re not a moderator of this forum so thanks for your opinion but if you don’t like my post feel free to skip it over. This is a DISCUSSION forum so I’m DISCUSSING my thoughts on this release. 

Just now, m0repotter said:

Aww well you’re not in charge of other people’s emotions and you’re not a moderator of this forum so thanks for your opinion but if you don’t like my post feel free to skip it over. This is a DISCUSSION forum so I’m DISCUSSING my thoughts on this release. 

Awww, did I hurt your feelings? If you have emotions over Lego then I think maybe you need to grow up and get a life, I like Lego as much as the next person, but to get emotional over it, jeez ??, ridiculous, and I’m not the only person that gets pissed off with the incessant whining, so maybe take people’s advice and calm the f down

1 hour ago, Accio Lego said:

I have actually confirmed from Lego themselves and Target that they are NOT coming June 1 in the US. They said they would’ve had them in stock by now and they dont. 

Just now, TheRandomBlocker said:

Awww, did I hurt your feelings? If you have emotions over Lego then I think maybe you need to grow up and get a life, I like Lego as much as the next person, but to get emotional over it, jeez ??, ridiculous, and I’m not the only person that gets pissed off with the incessant whining, so maybe take people’s advice and calm the f down

Sweetie you didnt hurt my feelings, trust. You obviously have a huge ego though and get defensive over every little thing, believe me I’ve been reading for the past few months and seen. You need to learn to play nice and realize that just bc YOU don’t want to hear something discussed doesnt mean it shouldnt be discussed. This is eurobricks, not RandomBlocker Boards

2 minutes ago, m0repotter said:

Sweetie you didnt hurt my feelings, trust. You obviously have a huge ego though and get defensive over every little thing, believe me I’ve been reading for the past few months and seen. You need to learn to play nice and realize that just bc YOU don’t want to hear something discussed doesnt mean it shouldnt be discussed. This is eurobricks, not RandomBlocker Boards

You seem to think you know everything, which ofc you do not, constant whining about stupid things is what brings forums down, so ofc you’re free to bitch as much as you like, just know that the more you do, the more people will leave this forum, and it was actually a nice forum before we got people like you joining

The sets will come when they come.  No use complaining lego is not going to release them any sooner in the US as they already have their release dates set.  The sets look great and i would love to have them next week but they are not coming here until August maybe July at the earliest.  I think I can hold out till then just by building MOC's and the Ninjago line i think releases here in June.  

Just now, zoth33 said:

The sets will come when they come.  No use complaining lego is not going to release them any sooner in the US as they already have their release dates set.  The sets look great and i would love to have them next week but they are not coming here until August maybe July at the earliest.  I think I can hold out till then just by building MOC's and the Ninjago line i think releases here in June.  

It’s nice to see someone with some sense, complaining for the sake of complaining is ridiculous, they’re not going to change anything (as you said) and complaining about it on here is just going to wind people up, it’s even worse when people just make accounts to complain rather than actually add something to the conversation

i think its all due to a miscommunication error as the news of the carriage and graveyard duel sets might have mistaken all the new harry potter sets for a august release

Just now, TheRandomBlocker said:

It’s nice to see someone with some sense, complaining for the sake of complaining is ridiculous, they’re not going to change anything (as you said) and complaining about it on here is just going to wind people up, it’s even worse when people just make accounts to complain rather than actually add something to the conversation

Exactly the Patronus set is going to be a great army builder.  Hagrids hut looks outstanding, the buckbeak looks great.  I want to use the buckbeak as a mount for some of my Elvish figs.  I'm already using the Thestral for my demon army.  

7 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

You seem to think you know everything, which ofc you do not, constant whining about stupid things is what brings forums down, so ofc you’re free to bitch as much as you like, just know that the more you do, the more people will leave this forum, and it was actually a nice forum before we got people like you joining

“Constant whining” hon its been TWO posts, which you have more than matched w YOU whining (about me whining.) Lol this is all just hypocritical by this point and an oxymoron so i’m just gonna go ahead and stop responding to your vitriol. Enjoy, love xx

“Constant whining” hon its been TWO posts, which you have more than matched w YOU whining (about me whining.) Lol this is all just hypocritical by this point and an oxymoron so i’m just gonna go ahead and stop responding to your vitriol. Enjoy, love xx

Amazing how you yanks always try (and fail) to be patronising, nice one

Just now, zoth33 said:

Exactly the Patronus set is going to be a great army builder.  Hagrids hut looks outstanding, the buckbeak looks great.  I want to use the buckbeak as a mount for some of my Elvish figs.  I'm already using the Thestral for my demon army.  

Exactly, the Patronus set is fantastic and I love your idea of using Buckbeak and the Thestral for things outside of the Potter line

Anyways, has anyone thought about how exciting yet also unexpected it is that we’ve already gotten Umbridge and Slughorn (of all people?) in this wave, and yet no Ginny Weasley yet? Oh and Olympe Maxime as well! It really makes you wonder what they’re focusing on with minifig selection this time around... 

1 minute ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Amazing how you yanks always try (and fail) to be patronising, nice one

Babe, you’ve cursed at me, called me a “yank”, and been completely unwelcoming to me, a new member of this forum. So um yea I’d rather be “patronising” than rude anyday 

Everyone needs to chill. This is what happens when nearly everything has been leaked. The excitement goes and the impatience sets in. How about we discuss our most wanted minifigures we have yet to see in the waves so far? My vote goes to Moaning Myrtle and Bellatrix LeStrange. 

2 minutes ago, m0repotter said:

Babe, you’ve cursed at me, called me a “yank”, and been completely unwelcoming to me, a new member of this forum. So um yea I’d rather be “patronising” than rude anyday 

Again, as I said, you fail at being patronising, and since when the hell is “yank” an insult?! That’s like saying being called a Brit an insult, if that gets your panties in a twist then that’s your own fault

Just now, Bricking_it said:

Everyone needs to chill. This is what happens when nearly everything has been leaked. The excitement goes and the impatience sets in. How about we discuss our most wanted minifigures we have yet to see in the waves so far? My vote goes to Moaning Myrtle and Bellatrix LeStrange. 

I tried to change the subject earlier, but this one clearly likes to continue on about the same non-issue

however, my favourite minifigures that we will no doubt get in future waves are all the Weasleys, first ever Bill, Percy, new Twins and new Ginny and 100% new Mr and Mrs Weasley, and maybe a new Myrtle would be cool, would go well with the Bathroom in the Clocktower set

I've also got a soft spot for Madame Pomfrey. Must be the uniform hehe. There's also Gilderoy Lockhart and Fenrir Greyback that I would love to get. I think that although Harry Potter doesn't have the range of vehicles and locations that Star Wars does, it's more than a match for interesting characters. 

2 hours ago, Brick Cucumber said:

Honestly this has been going on for years in a LOT of countries. Even in Denmark where I’m from. But as any HP fan knows; ‘life isn’t fair’. Learn to deal with it. God knows the rest of us have with MANY years of practise. There are more important things to be angry about than LEGOs.

Just now, Bricking_it said:

I've also got a soft spot for Madame Pomfrey. Must be the uniform hehe. There's also Gilderoy Lockhart and Fenrir Greyback that I would love to get. I think that although Harry Potter doesn't have the range of vehicles and locations that Star Wars does, it's more than a match for interesting characters. 

How could I forget Lockhart and Greyback, Greyback would be a perfect figure to get next wave (OotP/HBP wave) as he could come in at least 3 different sets, Hogwarts based set to add onto the other 3, The Burrow or Diagon Alley, and mentioning how it has a lack of vehicles/locations, I think that actually helps Potter in a way it doesn’t SW, I mean this wave we get a very cheap set with 1 unique main character, 1 totally new main character, 1 army builder and a new Stag mould, however there are still plenty of places that are still yet to be explored, they could do Hogsmeade, Knockturn Alley, Lovegood’s home, Shell Cottage, so many different locations but not many vehicles (thank god)

Just now, Brick Wizard001 said:

Honestly this has been going on for years in a LOT of countries. Even in Denmark where I’m from. But as any HP fan knows; ‘life isn’t fair’. Learn to deal with it. God knows the rest of us have with MANY years of practise. There are more important things to be angry about than LEGOs.

What he said ????

Wow @TheRandomBlocker chill TF out. Try to understand that it’s frustrating for us. No need to flip a table over someone venting their frustration. All of us here are extremely passionate about these “kid’s toys”, you included, otherwise we wouldn’t be here. Plenty of Europeans complained last year, so get over the whole “Americans just complain” nonsense you’re spouting. I respect you on this forum, I truly do, this is not me trying to shut you up, but please try to understand it’s a very frustrating situation for us because of how much we love Lego, and just let people discuss their frustration. If someone is crossing a line, the mods will step in. That hasn’t happened, so there’s no need to tell everyone what they should be feeling.

My thoughts:

1. It’s not fair to call big American retailers incompetent, because then the blame goes on the low workers.  If anything, they are exploitative corporations, but I realize that’s way off topic and politically charged.  

2. RandomBlocker, you seemed like a nice guy, what changed?

3. Balrog of Morgoth, you seemed irrational before, but now you’re talking some sense.  

4. I’m sorry people had to wait last year, I’m sorry they have to wait this year.

5. I came here for a “hot” topic, and it’s literally half a page of people flaming each other.  Even if no one reports it, mods do know how to find this thread on their own.  Let’s not get it shut down.  

6. My personal feeling about the release date is that I wouldn’t mind waiting two months if it were advertised as such, which it’s not.  Maybe LEGO is just playing it be ear, and we could just randomly get the sets whenever they think they have enough supply, be it late June or mid-August.  Time will tell.  If anyone has a Time Turner, you can tell.  

3 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

I’m sticking with June being the date. Checking a few LEGO sites, Brickset & the like, most are saying June with the five set reveals. Then a few articles I read from non LEGO sites also list them as June. There were a few that mentioned an August release, but I’m betting that was a mix up between the five & two sets. 

8 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

I’m sticking with June being the date. Checking a few LEGO sites, Brickset & the like, most are saying June with the five set reveals. Then a few articles I read from non LEGO sites also list them as June. There were a few that mentioned an August release, but I’m betting that was a mix up between the five & two sets. 

I’m sorry, I want it to be true as well but I’ve talked to multiple lego store employees at multiple locations, target employees at multiple locations, and Lego customer service themselves. Its not coming in June

1 hour ago, Bricking_it said:

The new Bellatrix is probably going to be EPIC 

I’m sorry, I want it to be true as well but I’ve talked to multiple lego store employees at multiple locations, target employees at multiple locations, and Lego customer service themselves. Its not coming in June

Well, aside from Target, I’ve talked to the same folks you have, they said they had the same info I did. When I asked S@H about the two release dates & when the US one was, they said they know as much as I do. Then with the store I go to, was told they don’t have the information yet. Guess we’ll know for sure next Friday.