Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

57 minutes ago, GilbertoAguilera101 said:

I feel like that kind of pack could be very useful for the HP theme, three generic students from huffiepuff, ravenclaw and slytherin, with some small builds for school stuff, desks and books and such.

or one for death eaters, or for hufflepuff and ravenclaw quidditch teams! 

That would be fantastic & certainly fly off the shelves as far as us AFOL’s here are concerned. 

1 hour ago, GilbertoAguilera101 said:

I feel like that kind of pack could be very useful for the HP theme, three generic students from huffiepuff, ravenclaw and slytherin, with some small builds for school stuff, desks and books and such.

I’ve been hoping for the Quidditch one since the Quidditch Match set came out with the tiles to put Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff on the scoreboard. The student and Death Eater packs would be useful too. Plus, the newest Spider-Man and Ninjago packs show that Lego is definitely willing to put unique and desirable characters in these packs. 

There is an authentic picture of the three (yes, with the Clock tower) HP castle sets connected together in the upcoming Lego catalog. It is a nice, if not, accidental tribute to the original Hogwarts castle and Clock tower because the originals are of almost the same height. Apparently, history likes to repeat itself. 

6 hours ago, GilbertoAguilera101 said:

That would work much better as a normal battle pack. Especially when it comes to availabiltiy and these packs tend to not be in production for too long.

Speaking of battlepacks, besides the obvious packs (4 Houses, Death Eaters etc.) I'd love to get 4 house-based Quidditch packs with players unlikely to be produced in other sets. If this were to happen these would be my picks for figures (not looking at the HP timeline).

Gryffindor: Angelina Johnson, Katie Bell, Alicia Spinnet, Cormac Mclaggen (that would pretty much finish the Gryffindor Quidditch team for most years and Cormac just because he doesn't really fit in any other set)

Hufflepuff: Cedric Diggory, Zacharias Smith and 2 generic players

Slytherin: Crabbe and Goyle, Montague and 1 generic player 

Ravenclaw: Cho Chang, Roger Davies and 2 generic players

20 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Speaking of battlepacks, besides the obvious packs (4 Houses, Death Eaters etc.) I'd love to get 4 house-based Quidditch packs with players unlikely to be produced in other sets. If this were to happen these would be my picks for figures (not looking at the HP timeline).

Gryffindor: Angelina Johnson, Katie Bell, Alicia Spinnet, Cormac Mclaggen (that would pretty much finish the Gryffindor Quidditch team for most years and Cormac just because he doesn't really fit in any other set)

Hufflepuff: Cedric Diggory, Zacharias Smith and 2 generic players

Slytherin: Crabbe and Goyle, Montague and 1 generic player 

Ravenclaw: Cho Chang, Roger Davies and 2 generic players

I’d be absolutely overjoyed if we got a pack with Angelina, Alicia and Katie (a day one buy for sure) but Cormac? Ugh no, contributes even less to the movie than he does to the book. The licensed packs often seem to have only 3 characters, and even if you can fit a fourth, I’d prefer Demelza Robins or a Weasley. 

That being said, I’m definitely not holding out too much hope for full Quidditch packs for each house. The most I’ll wish for is a Hufflepuff/Ravenclaw one (and I’ll be pleasantly surprised and completely overjoyed if we get more). 

It's fun to theorise, but I see no way in heck we'll get such an array of Quidditch players. We'd be lucky if we ever got Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw Quidditch outfits at all!

18 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

It's fun to theorise, but I see no way in heck we'll get such an array of Quidditch players. We'd be lucky if we ever got Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw Quidditch outfits at all!

I know, just wishfull thinking. The only way I can see Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff quidditch players happening is through a house pack, maybe with 3 normal (preferably robed) students and 1 Quidditch player

1 minute ago, Bricking_it said:

£6 off £15 spend in Smyths. Time to get the newly released sets. Voucher is on their website. 

Seriously, the day after I buy 2 of them

No one has mentioned this yet, but the pictures of the other sets in the instructions say ‘limited availability’ anyone have any idea why?

10 hours ago, GilbertoAguilera101 said:

That would be awesome!!

So according to Lego’s customer service, united availability means they have produced less than a normal production run, but there may be more produced later. It seems they’re still playing it safe with this theme, so get them while you can just incase they don’t sell well and are retired quickly 

1 hour ago, Whovastron said:

So according to Lego’s customer service, united availability means they have produced less than a normal production run, but there may be more produced later. It seems they’re still playing it safe with this theme, so get them while you can just incase they don’t sell well and are retired quickly 

It’s probably a smaller release now and then in august they’ll have a bigger production release with the US included 

4 hours ago, Whovastron said:

No one has mentioned this yet, but the pictures of the other sets in the instructions say ‘limited availability’ anyone have any idea why?

The only page I saw that on was the one demonstrating the Great Hall, Whomping Willow, and Clock Tower connected. Maybe it refers to the latter two, considering at the point of the official release of wave 2, they would have been out for about a year and may soon be retired or produced in limited quantities since they are indeed molder sets and many people already have them.

Just now, The Pearson said:

The only page I saw that on was the one demonstrating the Great Hall, Whomping Willow, and Clock Tower connected. Maybe it refers to the latter two, considering at the point of the official release of wave 2, they would have been out for about a year and may soon be retired or produced in limited quantities since they are indeed molder sets and many people already have them.

I’m the knight bus instructions there is a second page with all the other sets, and it also says it

6 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

I’m the knight bus instructions there is a second page with all the other sets, and it also says it

Well I guess that means I’m snatching them all up on day one... as if I wasn’t already going to do that haha

6 hours ago, Bricking_it said:

£6 off £15 spend in Smyths. Time to get the newly released sets. Voucher is on their website. 

And I have no Smyths store for 50 miles. ?

3 hours ago, Whovastron said:

Would be really sad if they cut the theme short as I see Harry Potter as one of the best (if not THE best) themes of the last few years. There are other themes I really like but this year has been a big disappointment for some themes (the Jurassic World TV series sets are very lackluster and the Endgame wave was just patheticly bad)

They aren't going to discontinue the theme. It only means that the old sets now have limited availability. 

Edited by Hogwarts

26 minutes ago, Hogwarts said:

They aren't going to discontinue the theme. It only means that the old sets now have limited availability. 

Why would it when no old sets are on the advertisement page (yes hogwarts is on the other page, but there is a separate text box for that)

Could it be a marketing tactic of some sort? Getting people to think that there are less sets in stock than there actually are - thereby driving customer's incentive to buy them.

Unfortunately I think they're finished - my order of the Hogwarts Express and a second Great Hall and they were cancelled because they're no longer available from the supplier. There are still probably loads about but are no longer in production (or something like that) 

It could really mean anything - the different release dates for different territories, the fact that some sets might be available in some shops but not others (the way it used to say 'subject to availability'), or indeed that the older sets are being fazed out - so let's not get ahead of ourselves thinking this theme is dead. :sweet:

What I will say is that I built all 5 sets over the course of yesterday and today and they are SPECTACULAR. Very, very impressed. 

Calm down! No way these best-sellers are going off the marked after in under one year :hmpf: Smaller shops will probably rather take in the new sets when they are sold out, but bigger shops, web shops and Lego will most likely at least have them 2 years, some of the sets probably longer if they keep selling well. What would be the point of connecting Hogwarts sets if there is only possible to get one set, it is not like there is only one modular building for sale. Heck even the police stations last over one year, even if there comes a new one every winter :tongue:

Edited by Roebuck

1 hour ago, Hogwarts said:

It could really mean anything - the different release dates for different territories, the fact that some sets might be available in some shops but not others (the way it used to say 'subject to availability'), or indeed that the older sets are being fazed out - so let's not get ahead of ourselves thinking this theme is dead. :sweet:

What I will say is that I built all 5 sets over the course of yesterday and today and they are SPECTACULAR. Very, very impressed. 

Could you show us some pictures from the connected sets? The leaked pictures are not really high quality.