Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

Just now, daniboy1997 said:

After a couple more waves there wouldn't be much they could do that wouldn't be repeating previous years. 

So... like Star Wars, then. :tongue:

Just now, tafkatb said:

So... like Star Wars, then. :tongue:

True. I personally dont like star wars but there always seems to be something new within star wars yet Harry Potter ended 8 years ago. Theres not much more they could do that'd be different from what we have already had. I still believe we could easily get another 3 waves or so after this.

Thing is- there are enough sets Lego can make for HP for years to come, and after that if they do decide to go down the remake path- there’s 8 movies! If the set isn’t of a specific scene, then they can remake the set but from a different movie, take the hogwarts express, they could remake that in 5 years but based on chamber of secrets, you gpcould get the bridge! Or the great hall, they could remake that from goblet of fire (with a proper goblet of fire) or even from the battle of hogwarts, and hagrids hut that could be done now from the first or second movie, trust it’s all Gucci- not to mention there’s a thousand different forbidden forest sets they could do

on a different note- does anyone else think it would be cool to get parts to mod the great hall, either through advent calendar or Polybag- for example loads of pumpkins so we can make the great hall Halloween themed for philosophers stone, though it’s pretty easy to do ourselves 

2 minutes ago, Legoniche said:

Thing is- there are enough sets Lego can make for HP for years to come, and after that if they do decide to go down the remake path- there’s 8 movies! If the set isn’t of a specific scene, then they can remake the set but from a different movie, take the hogwarts express, they could remake that in 5 years but based on chamber of secrets, you gpcould get the bridge! Or the great hall, they could remake that from goblet of fire (with a proper goblet of fire) or even from the battle of hogwarts, and hagrids hut that could be done now from the first or second movie, trust it’s all Gucci- not to mention there’s a thousand different forbidden forest sets they could do

on a different note- does anyone else think it would be cool to get parts to mod the great hall, either through advent calendar or Polybag- for example loads of pumpkins so we can make the great hall Halloween themed for philosophers stone, though it’s pretty easy to do ourselves 

The best way to get parts to mod the Great Hall is buying a second Great Hall. You just have to wait for a good deal, I got my second copy for 65 euro (sealed)!

44 minutes ago, daniboy1997 said:

As much as i love Harry Potter i find this hard to be a long lasting theme. After a couple more waves there wouldn't be much they could do that wouldn't be repeating previous years. 

It is still plenty they could do that they skipped the first round, 3 more FB movies are most likely coming as well.. If the sets they make are selling enough, Lego will keep on making new waves in the years to come, that is why SW has made it all those years :tongue: Personally I would not be surprised if last years HP sets are selling more per set than most of the SW sets out now :grin:

The difference between Harry Potter and Star Wars and why one is evergreen and while the other is not is because there is a lot more variety in Star Wars. Let’s face the music, Harry Potter mainly takes place in Hogwarts, with other notable locations being The Burrow, Diagon Alley, and Ministry Of Magic. That’s four locations with three of them being done in one set. In comparison to Star Wars which has countless amount of planets like Endor which alone can produce 4 sets and Tatooine which had 5 sets in the last two years.  Then there are all the vehicles. HP has what the Knight Bus, Hogwarts Express, and Ford Angelia through eight films. But I could pull the ARC-170, Jedi Interceptor, and Invisible Hand just from the opening scene of Revenge of The Sith! And then there’s all the Legends material they can always draw from and sources like video games and comics. Remember HP is only once a year where Star Wars is like 3. Of course there will be some repeats. Actually I’m okay with HP ending in about three years from now... Finish off 5/6, 7/8, and do one final sweep to pick up sets like Chamber Of Secrets, Shrieking Shack and the Second Task. I feel like we got the essentials down, no need for sets like Xenophilius house, they wouldn’t even sell. Maybe after HP is done revive Indiana Jones or the Adventurers sets. Resurrect HP in about 8 years.

Edited by RODDY

7 minutes ago, RODDY said:

The difference between Harry Potter and Star Wars and why one is evergreen and while the other is not is because there is a lot more variety in Star Wars. Let’s face the music, Harry Potter mainly takes place in Hogwarts, with other notable locations being The Burrow, Diagon Alley, and Ministry Of Magic. That’s four locations with three of them being done in one set. In comparison to Star Wars which has countless amount of planets like Endor which alone can produce 4 sets and Tatooine which had 5 sets in the last two years.  Then there are all the vehicles. HP has what the Knight Bus, Hogwarts Express, and Ford Angelia through eight films. But I could pull the ARC-170, Jedi Interceptor, and Invisible Hand just from the opening scene of Revenge of The Sith! And then there’s all the Legends material they can always draw from and sources like video games and comics. Remember HP is only once a year where Star Wars is like 3. Of course there will be some repeats. Actually I’m okay with HP ending in about three years from now... Finish off 5/6, 7/8, and do one final sweep to pick up sets like Chamber Of Secrets, Shrieking Shack and the Second Task. I feel like we got the essentials down, no need for sets like Xenophilius house, they wouldn’t even sell. Maybe after HP is done revive Indiana Jones or the Adventurers sets. Resurrect HP in about 8 years.

Exactly my point. HP is a really good line but it would never last against Star wars because of the variety. HP does pretty much all take place in the same place for 7 of the 8 films. And you'd be right, that they'd be making sets for the sake of filling in gaps which dont really need to filled. At the moment FB is nowhere near harry potter level of popularity, if anything the films are a let down and a mess and its why it's been postponed for an extra year. I cant see there being many sets for it either considering we've only had 2 sets from 2 films which were also i believe the worst sellers out of the bunch. 

Also, i could deffo see the revival of Indy since the 5th film is supposed to appear next year.

Edited by daniboy1997

Personally, I‘d also prefer them to release three to four additional waves (1 for OotP & HBP, 1 for DH and 1-2 for other missing stuff) and then be done with the theme :classic: Once we finally have representations for all the important characters, vehicles and locations, what‘s the point in continuing? Add a second CMF series and a D2C or two and we might actually get there in a couple of years :sweet:

I really hope that they will bring the Diagon Alley back, I didnt get the small 2018 set and I would love to see a remake from the 2011 set.

And hopefully The Burow too.

Maybe even a big set from the ministry of magic.

Edited by Lerux

8 minutes ago, Lerux said:

Would love to see a ministry of magic. Prehaps in the DH wave we may get one, would also be cool to have the minifigures that Harry, Ron and Hermione transform into with the double sided heads much like the old Slytherin common room set from 2002 with poly juice Harry and Ron.

9 minutes ago, Lerux said:

I really hope that they will bring the Diagon Alley back, I didnt get the small 2018 set and I would love to see a remake from the 2011 set.

And hopefully The Burow too.

A Diagon Alley set makes sense, a set based in the Ministry of Magic... less so :classic: Of course it’s visually interesting, but that doesn’t automatically lend itself to an equally interesting set. Sets based on individual scenes (especially the Battle of the Department of Mysteries or the infiltration scene in DH) make more sense IMO :wink:

Is it that one?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/LEGO-Harry-Potter-Build-Adventure/dp/024136373X/ref=mp_s_a_1_fkmrnull_1?keywords=build+your+own+adventure+harry+potter&qid=1557155627&s=gateway&sr=8-1-fkmrnull

Does it already contain all the bricks? Are there instructions for how to build Dursleys house for example? I dont know exactly what the purpose is

16 minutes ago, Lerux said:

Is it that one?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/LEGO-Harry-Potter-Build-Adventure/dp/024136373X/ref=mp_s_a_1_fkmrnull_1?keywords=build+your+own+adventure+harry+potter&qid=1557155627&s=gateway&sr=8-1-fkmrnull

Does it already contain all the bricks? Are there instructions for how to build Dursleys house for example? I dont know exactly what the purpose is

It only contains bricks for the 2 in 1 build shown on the cover, the other pictures in the book itself are just ideas

10 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

It only contains bricks for the 2 in 1 build shown on the cover, the other pictures in the book itself are just ideas

Oh ok, and does it contain instructions for those ideas?

Kind of annoying that the Sorting Hat is included with that new Harry Potter book, doesn't make it an exclusive piece to the Great Hall set anymore and I wish Harry had a new exclusive black tie uniform, oh well, the first build looks pretty good tbh, reminds me so much of the 2001 Sorting Hat set mixed with the 2010 Freeing Dobby set.

25 minutes ago, Lerux said:

Oh ok, and does it contain instructions for those ideas?

No it does not, I have the Nexo Knights "Build Your Own Adventure" book and it just has instructions for the included brick model(s).

The rest is just very inspired on the theme and color schemes but, but even those ideas can contain parts not found in any of the sets. 

It's an inspirational ideas book, not alternate builds.

It does show how some parts are used in sub-builds (seperate picture splits up the build in seperate parts),  but no full numbered instructions.

Edited by TeriXeri

I want a D2C scale version of the 2018 diagon alley across 2 32x32 baseplates- I just think that format works 

Doesn't have much to do with lego but apparantly WB hasn't even given Depp a contract to portray Grindelwald in future FB movies. If they continue this franchise without Depp as Grindelwald they might as well stop now, Depps performance was one of the few really good things in what is otherwise a pretty mediocre movie

17 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Doesn't have much to do with lego but apparantly WB hasn't even given Depp a contract to portray Grindelwald in future FB movies. If they continue this franchise without Depp as Grindelwald they might as well stop now, Depps performance was one of the few really good things in what is otherwise a pretty mediocre movie

They could just recast with a better bloke. Not to side track the thread but the reasons they have for not rehiring him are obvious. They’ll continue with someone else I bet (just get Colin back)

19 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

They could just recast with a better bloke. Not to side track the thread but the reasons they have for not rehiring him are obvious. They’ll continue with someone else I bet (just get Colin back)

Yeah Colin Farrell would be fine too but then they would have to explain the difference in his look. But if they don't rehire Depp for FB they shouldn't rehire Heard for Aquaman 2, she's done even worse things than Depp. But we'll end it here as this is the set discussion.