Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

I'm kind of expecting at least one CoG set. I'd be very surprised if Lego didn't make a young Dumbledore, even if he wasn't in any of the action scenes.

Haven't posted for a while, so I'd also call out respect to @TheRandomBlocker who has been proved pretty much spot on with his early info.

The Knight Bus looks really good inside. I want to mod the bed to be more of a four poster and change Ernie's cab a bit, but otherwise an improvement on the last two! 

If we are going for CoG for the august sets, it could be possible we may get a small play-set for one of the Hogwarts scenes which could include a young Dumbledore, maybe the scene with Dumbledore and a young Newt in the DATDA classroom?

The Knight Bus looks very small especially in that last photo with the child. If I ever have the time or money I'd like to mod it with help from the Creator double decker bus instructions.

6 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Weren‘t last year‘s sets released all at once though? Apart from that whole Target deal in the US that is :wink:

Last year was a reboot of the theme with a lot of hype and announcements, included the big 6000 part Microscale Hogwarts as well, and also a rather large Minifig Series with 22 figures.

However, now I read that Fantastic Beasts 3 has been moved a couple times, and now we know it won't come out till november 2021, so who knows what they'll do.

The only thing I noted is that the 2 rumoured set price and size are similar to the 2 2018 Fantastic Beast sets. ($20 and $50)

Edited by TeriXeri

The interior of the new Knight Bus is the best one yet, the bed is so much more elaborate and I really like the idea of having two connected floors with the whole side opening up :thumbup: The chandelier has also been improved upon quite considerably, thanks to pieces that have been introduced in the meantime.

Concerning the two unknown sets: besides the release date, there‘s a second clue that it might be a CoG wave: the smaller set is similarly priced as 75945. That‘s hardly conclusive evidence, but for most themes, we only get one of those per wave, unless it‘s a theme with subthemes :wink:

I personally would be happy either way as long as the sets look good it is fine by me if they are FB or HP.
Yes, HP has more fans overall, if we remove fans of both HP and FB from the equation, there are more fans that only like HP, than fans only liking FB. That being said I loved the first FB movie, the second was more like a book on speed so I need to see it one more time to get every detail, but it was OK and had it moments.. The two FB sets last year was very well made and better than most sets in the same price range I would say, so I hope we will see more FB sets in the future :wub:

I sold my Knight Bus and Hagrid‘s Hut from 2010 and I‘m glad we‘re getting them now again! The knight Bus looks really good and I like the interior for what it is, will definitely pick it up

Edited by topiku

5 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Wow, does the UK usually get the option of pre-ordering sets on Amazon?  That's the biggest marketing flaw I see with TLG at the moment: no pre-orders on their official website.  Either way, thanks for the images!  I will probably pass on this set, so my list is now down to Expecto Patronum, Hagrid's Hut, and the Clocktower as "must-buys."  :classic:

I must be in a minority when I say I loved CoG and would love to see more than just one set from that movie — especially of the great characters like Leta, Nagini and young Albus. But regardless, I think given how great the HP sets this year have been — we don't have to be too concerned about the quality of the two remaining sets. 

However I seem to recall someone "confirming" that the graveyard was HBP not CoG...or was this just speculation? Can someone with a good memory help out?:look:

23 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

I personally would be happy either way as long as the sets look good it is fine by me if they are FB or HP.
Yes, HP has more fans overall, if we remove fans of both HP and FB from the equation, there are more fans that only like HP, than fans only liking FB. That being said I loved the first FB movie, the second was more like a book on speed so I need to see it one more time to get every detail, but it was OK and had it moments.. The two FB sets last year was very well made and better than most sets in the same price range I would say, so I hope we will see more FB sets in the future :wub:

I agree. I think the HP sets are fantastic for nostalgia, but I like the creativity behind the buildable magic beasts from FB that you don’t get as much in other themes.

3 minutes ago, GalacticHippo said:

[...] that the graveyard was HBP [...]

You mean GoF? :wink:

Yes, I also recall someone „confirming“ that, but I‘m not entirely sure who it was. The guys over at stonewars.de were the first to report the rumour, but it was never more than that - a rumour. The „confirmation“ came from someone on EB. Maybe @TheRandomBlocker? The set wasn‘t at the LTF though...

So I've had some time to map out the geometry now, and it seems like with 2 copies of the Whomping Willow set, 1 Hogwarts Great Hall and the new Clocktower set, we should be able to cobble together the bottom left quarter of the Hogwarts as @Ferder predicted. I've already got the first 3 sets on that list, so I'll be making space for the Clocktower in order to complete the look.

Assuming this iteration of the theme goes on for long enough, we might be able to get a mostly full-sized build of Hogwarts after a while. :thumbup:

8 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Weren‘t last year‘s sets released all at once though? Apart from that whole Target deal in the US that is :wink:

Right now, there‘s no conclusive evidence either way. There‘s that persistent graveyard rumor, but that set may as well be based on CoG rather than GoF. It also would seem weird to me if the FB subtheme was discontinued or postponed to 2021, wasn‘t the release of CoG one of the reasons the WW theme as a whole was brought back (even though the focus is clearly on HP)? Sure, last year‘s HP sets probably vastly outsold the FB ones, but this shouldn‘t have affected this year‘s assortment, given the typical duration of the production process :classic:

If I remember correctly, the stardard August release covered both sub themes, but the July advanced release in Target and Lego stores only included the Harry Potter sets. So there is a bit of a precedent for different release schedules between the two. 

4 hours ago, daniboy1997 said:

If we are going for CoG for the august sets, it could be possible we may get a small play-set for one of the Hogwarts scenes which could include a young Dumbledore, maybe the scene with Dumbledore and a young Newt in the DATDA classroom?

I'd love that, maybe it could be the Ridikulus scene. Figures could be Dumbledore, young Newt and if lego feels generous young Leta. Builds could be the bogartcloset and Newt's bogart-desk alongside some random classroom stuff

4 hours ago, Roebuck said:

First time watching CoG I loved it and I still don't really understand where all the backlash came from. Yeah the movie was pretty crowded with storylines but it isn't like the Harry Potter books didn't create questions that were answered instantly

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'd love that, maybe it could be the Ridikulus scene. Figures could be Dumbledore, young Newt and if lego feels generous young Leta. Builds could be the bogartcloset and Newt's bogart-desk alongside some random classroom stuff

First time watching CoG I loved it and I still don't really understand where all the backlash came from. Yeah the movie was pretty crowded with storylines but it isn't like the Harry Potter books didn't create questions that were answered instantly

I definitely wouldn’t mind getting a set with young Newt and Leta, even if I am a bit skeptical about how well the old single classroom modules would work with the new set designs. I also think that young Newt could be our best bet at getting the cmf style house robes in Hufflepuff colors. 

I also wholeheartedly agree on the subject of CoG. It has its issues, but it was still a very fun movie overall, and doesn’t deserve most of the hate it gets. 

I'm soo hyped!!! I will get 4/5 of the sets! And now I'm thinking of picking up the quidditch match and hogwarts express sets! I'm unsure about the Whomping willow because even though I want to have a big Hogwarts, this set is pretty meh. I only have the great hall and all the CMFs.

2 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

I'm soo hyped!!! I will get 4/5 of the sets! And now I'm thinking of picking up the quidditch match and hogwarts express sets! I'm unsure about the Whomping willow because even though I want to have a big Hogwarts, this set is pretty meh. I only have the great hall and all the CMFs.

I would highly recommend getting all of them.

7 hours ago, Otherworld said:

I also still haven't got every set, but the Whomping Willow is definetely a very good set. I'm personally still missing Aragog, Hogwarts Express, Quiddtich Match and Newt's Suitcase. Kinda planning to pick up the Suitcase and Quidditch match, don't really want the other 2 (definetely not Aragog, gosh I hate him) but I do want  to Bricklink Lupin

16 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Yeah thats exactly what my thoughts were.

I dont know if any of you are in the UK but Tesco have Quidditch and newt suitcase set for £22.50 and game have the aragog set for £5.99 if thats any help to anyone.

5 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I also still haven't got every set, but the Whomping Willow is definetely a very good set. I'm personally still missing Aragog, Hogwarts Express, Quiddtich Match and Newt's Suitcase. Kinda planning to pick up the Suitcase and Quidditch match, don't really want the other 2 (definetely not Aragog, gosh I hate him) but I do want  to Bricklink Lupin

If you’re a completionist, then I would get the Aragog set for those versions of Harry and Ron as it’s so cheap and then I would also BL Hermione’s torso from the Express and then use Harry’s new tan medium legs and a POA head and hair for her

2 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

If you’re a completionist, then I would get the Aragog set for those versions of Harry and Ron as it’s so cheap and then I would also BL Hermione’s torso from the Express and then use Harry’s new tan medium legs and a POA head and hair for her

Nah, I'm not a completionist. I'd go bankrupt if I was :laugh_hard: Just want Lupin because he's one of my favorite characters

Thanks for the recs guys, I will probably find a way to build an alternative model with the whomping willow as I find it to be too wide for how empty it looks (I do want rooms for the teachers anyway)... or perhaps re-arrange the sections, I don't like the suggested GH + WW version by LEGO.

Laughing at Yule Harry and Cedric standing there by themselves awkwardly watching the others dancing ? I wonder why they didn't put them together (It would've been a fun move by TLG) I mean, Fleur + Ron? ? Anyway, not trying to start a debate here...

That amazon video really made the set interior look pretty dull, but at least the Yule Ball things and the minifigs make up for it.