Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

I do hope we get some more detailed common rooms in future HP sets.  I'd like to think we can have the upper and lower level. 

Does anyone have any instructions on how to convert the existing Great Hall into the one shown at NY Toy Fair? I get annoyed at how the staircase doesn't fit flush against the classroom from the Womping Willow set. 

3 hours ago, Geertos13 said:

New book leaked on Instagram. Official 2020 Year Book with a Ron figure (75954 Great Hall version)

Can't find it..

21 hours ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Grawp is like 3x the size of Hagrid, if they used a big fig he wouldn’t even be double the size, he would have to be brickbuilt to be even slightly accurate, plus bigfigs have always been insanely muscular (most big figs) or insanely fat (Goblin King), and Grawp is neither insanely muscular or insanely fat

What about the giant troll from the Mines of Moria set? That one is definitely too wide, but it would be a more accurate height, I think. I’ll have to go dig mine out & compare it to Hagrid. 

Just now, Vindicare said:

What about the giant troll from the Mines of Moria set? That one is definitely too wide, but it would be a more accurate height, I think. I’ll have to go dig mine out & compare it to Hagrid. 

The cave troll is too small too, that is about double the height of Gandalf (tallest member of the fellowship) if they do a mould for Grawp it would be too small, literally only way for it to be accurate would be to make it brickbuilt, I know Lego isn’t going for perfect accuracy, but a character like that needs to be

A slew of new Harry Potter reveals always makes me giddy with excitement, and this has been no exception (even though all of the minifigures had been leaked already). It's been interesting to see everyone's varied thoughts on these.

For me, the Clock Tower and Patronus sets are no-brainers. The Clock Tower has a great exterior to add to the Great Hall, and I doubt we'll ever see these variants of the minifigures again. The interiors are cramped and/or bare, and it's really a poor excuse for Dumbledore's office, but the set is mainly going to sit on a shelf next to the Great Hall so I can't complain too much. LEGO did do the Yule Ball sections exceptionally well.

By the same token, the First Task and Knight Bus are easy passes. The Horntail looks dreadful to me, and I've never cared for the whole Triwazard Tournament anyway so I don't mind skipping the minifigures. The Knight Bus looks good, but I've just never been interested in the Harry Potter vehicles.

The only set that's a toss-up for me is Hagrid's Hut. The build looks quite good, though I was taken aback at first by it not being enclosed. Buckbeak also looks great. On the other hand, I can live without Fudge and Macnair, who will probably have dreadful face printing anyway. No new Hagrid is expected but a shame, as is no Fang. Add in the fact that the price is likely going to be on the high side, and it's a difficult sell. I might just have to wait for a good sale, though in Australia generally the best that can be expected is a sale that brings the price within range of full US MSRP.

18 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

I do hope we get some more detailed common rooms in future HP sets.  I'd like to think we can have the upper and lower level. 

I hope so too, but honestly all I want at the moment is the fat lady's portrait, we only got her twice, a yellow version that's outdated from movie 3 and onwards  (although I like to get both versions (updated) eventually) and one were the portrait has been damaged by Sirius so she is missing.

About the Grawp discussion, let's be real, even in the games he wasn't accurate in size, they used the mountain troll body, which is basically the same size as a modern bigfig. If they'll ever make him they'll probably make him a bigfig this time around (maybe slightly skinnier than regular bigfigs), besides if they made him brickbuild he would likely either become too big in size or he would look to much like some kind of mech because of the technic bricks. Either way he would never look completely right.

5 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

I hope so too, but honestly all I want at the moment is the fat lady's portrait, we only got her twice, a yellow version that's outdated from movie 3 and onwards  (although I like to get both versions (updated) eventually) and one were the portrait has been damaged by Sirius so she is missing.

About the Grawp discussion, let's be real, even in the games he wasn't accurate in size, they used the mountain troll body, which is basically the same size as a modern bigfig. If they'll ever make him they'll probably make him a bigfig this time around (maybe slightly skinnier than regular bigfigs), besides if they made him brickbuild he would likely either become too big in size or he would look to much like some kind of mech because of the technic bricks. Either way he would never look completely right.

Does anyone really care about the "perfect accuracy" of a character as irrelevant as Grawp? I mean lets not get spoiled. HP for 2 years has been one of the best quality licensed themes, even though it's not perfect. But imagine if HP was the quality of Marvel Super Heroes sets. Hell, Marvel fans don't even get a proper figure for Thanos, the villain behind 22 separate films, and we're sitting here complaining about a hypothetical figure for the half brother of a side character, who appears in maybe 5 minutes of one film.

OR:

Voldemort encounter £12- £20 (from philosophers stone) and comes with-

• Harry Potter 
  • firenze
  • voldemort 
  • fang

this Way you get your centaur, you get your fang, you get a new Voldemort and more trees to expand the forbidden forest, you could even throw in a unicorn 

Edited by Legoniche

14 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

By the same token, the First Task and Knight Bus are easy passes. The Horntail looks dreadful to me

I agree on both counts.

11 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Lego has actually put out some really decent looking giant brick built  figures. The trick is that they didn’t try and make them look ‘accurate’ they just made them look like scaled up minifigures. Under similar circumstances I could easily see Grawp being the main build in a set. 

The Clock Tower could also be connected to the back (left side) of the Great Hall.
It would be very boring if all the sets were connected in a straight line.

Edited by DarkStar1991

1 hour ago, Accio Lego said:

Lego has actually put out some really decent looking giant brick built  figures. The trick is that they didn’t try and make them look ‘accurate’ they just made them look like scaled up minifigures. Under similar circumstances I could easily see Grawp being the main build in a set. 

Yep, it could be similar to Wonder Woman Warrior Battle where Ares was the main build. Then just have a few more trees as a side build. 

Not that I mind the Grawp discussion, but the 2020 speculation thread was recently opened, hint hint :wink:

B2T: I wonder when we'll see the official pictures of the Knight Bus set, I'm really curious to see what the inside looks like. Judging by the one picture we have, it'll probably just as empty as the previous two, but you never know :purrr:

On 4/27/2019 at 9:52 PM, Bricking_it said:

Does anyone have any instructions on how to convert the existing Great Hall into the one shown at NY Toy Fair? I get annoyed at how the staircase doesn't fit flush against the classroom from the Womping Willow set. 

turn the lanterns in the willow set upside down

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

I wonder when we'll see the official pictures of the Knight Bus set, I'm really curious to see what the inside looks like. Judging by the one picture we have, it'll probably just as empty as the previous two, but you never know :purrr:

It looks like the chandelier hangs on the middle floor, so I'd guess beds on the top and bottom floor. With the 2011 version I made the top floor the daytime configuration with chairs instead of beds. 

Does anyone know if there are any new wand colours in this wave? I'm not sure. Btw are there any new printed pieces that are not related to figures? Everything appears to be stickers.

9 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

I mean I like the giant brick built figures, but for me they only work because they're supposed to represent a giant version of a character that's normally minifigure sized, doesn't really work for a character like grawp in my eyes. He would also look out of place next to the system sized buildings (is that the right term?)