Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

Yeah, I have no idea how you can direct connect the clocktower to the Great Hall and make it look accurate, but I'm sure it can be done. I'd like to do it without extra pieces however.

7 minutes ago, doclord said:

Yeah, I have no idea how you can direct connect the clocktower to the Great Hall and make it look accurate, but I'm sure it can be done. I'd like to do it without extra pieces however.

Like I said, if you move the side build of the clock tower to the other side of the actual clock tower (which I think is where it realistically should be anyway, I could be wrong though), you can connect it without it looking bad. Technically, if it was accurate, it would then connect right behind the Main Tower, but since you can’t really connect it there, the side of the Great Hall will have to do. Some modifying may be necessary but there could be a way to do it without it. I would really have to have it in hand to be sure

It also depends on which version of the castle you’re trying to replicate since it varies from film to film

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Like I said, if you move the side build of the clock tower to the other side of the actual clock tower (which I think is where it realistically should be anyway, I could be wrong though), you can connect it without it looking bad. Technically, if it was accurate, it would then connect right behind the Main Tower, but since you can’t really connect it there, the side of the Great Hall will have to do. Some modifying may be necessary but there could be a way to do it without it. I would really have to have it in hand to be sure

It also depends on which version of the castle you’re trying to replicate since it varies from film to film

This is probably irrelevant to the current discussion, but I am planning on placing the Clocktower the right of the whomping willow build. The lack of any tall towers in that direction kind of bothers for some odd reason.

I wonder if Lego will introduce a new Centaur-mould,basically a Horse Body with connection Pins for any Minifigure Upper Body part! I know the Centaur are having very little screen time,but these would be a dream cone thru for every (Lego) Fantasy enthusiast :)

1 hour ago, Diggydoes said:

I wonder if Lego will introduce a new Centaur-mould,basically a Horse Body with connection Pins for any Minifigure Upper Body part! I know the Centaur are having very little screen time,but these would be a dream cone thru for every (Lego) Fantasy enthusiast :)

That would be cool. Perhaps a set with Grawp (Maybe using Hulk's mold) A dirty Umbridge and a Centaur (two sounds unlikely). The set could have a rope shooting feature to tie down the centaur, idk.

29 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

That would be cool. Perhaps a set with Grawp (Maybe using Hulk's mold) A dirty Umbridge and a Centaur (two sounds unlikely). The set could have a rope shooting feature to tie down the centaur, idk.

Big fig Grawp would be awful, would have to be a brick built figure like Giant Man/Ares

16 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Big fig Grawp would be awful, would have to be a brick built figure like Giant Man/Ares

Eh, I could live with a big fig Grawp. Although judging by the Horntail they’ll give him a bird’s head or something

2 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Eh, I could live with a big fig Grawp. Although judging by the Horntail they’ll give him a bird’s head or something

Grawp is like 3x the size of Hagrid, if they used a big fig he wouldn’t even be double the size, he would have to be brickbuilt to be even slightly accurate, plus bigfigs have always been insanely muscular (most big figs) or insanely fat (Goblin King), and Grawp is neither insanely muscular or insanely fat

5 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I’ll be connecting the clock tower to the other side of the Great Hall since that’s where it is in the films. It’s in the back behind the Great Hall and the Main Staircase Tower. I’m pretty sure the side build should be on the other side of the actual clock tower and then that will connect to the Great Hall 

I agree with you! I think it is supposed to go on the other side. But because it has to stand alone on the box art and such, it looks more pleasing on the left so the photographers went with that pose.

2 hours ago, Otherworld said:

A set even without Grawp would do,maybe a something like the Expecto Patr.Set,a Tree,Umbridge and 1-2 Centaur?! I guess Grawp is rather unlikely.

I think the side build on the clocktower is supposed to represent one of the corner towers on the quad-building that the clocktower and great all are attached to. (The huge main tower is one of these corners too) on the actual model, the clocktower is separated from the structure with a small bridge/joining walkway, but I think they’ve just commenced the look here. I think if you mirror the side build you can attack one to both sides of the tower and it will look fairly accurate

4 hours ago, Diggydoes said:

A set even without Grawp would do,maybe a something like the Expecto Patr.Set,a Tree,Umbridge and 1-2 Centaur?! I guess Grawp is rather unlikely.

Why would Grawp be unlikely? I think a brick built giant figure Grawp is very likely, it’s nothing Lego hasn’t done before. The actual question is whether they’ll put a centaur in the set too. 

5 hours ago, Whovastron said:

I think the side build on the clocktower is supposed to represent one of the corner towers on the quad-building that the clocktower and great all are attached to. (The huge main tower is one of these corners too) on the actual model, the clocktower is separated from the structure with a small bridge/joining walkway, but I think they’ve just commenced the look here. I think if you mirror the side build you can attack one to both sides of the tower and it will look fairly accurate

Yep! I agree with you too: https://2img.net/h/i485.photobucket.com/albums/rr213/tears-to-roses/Harry Potter/Forum Pics/clocktower_zpsbfad4071.jpg It perfectly represents it!

Also, is the middle portion of the Clock Tower using the piece that was originally going to be the courtyard in the Great Hall: https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/media.brothers-brick.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/LEGO-Harry-Potter-Hogwarts-TFNY-2018-FB-Cover-1-1024x538.jpg ?

Edited by joeee

The new sets look as amazing as I was hoping? I love the Clocktower and can't wait to copy how you're all attaching it to the Great Hal :grin:

Has anyone pointed out what piece they're using to convert the broom into a Firebolt? Is it new?

On 4/25/2019 at 9:48 PM, CT-5503 said:

I think I need to introduce you to my good friend Mr. TLDR

Wait, you actually read people’s opinions on here?!

16 hours ago, LordVoldemort said:

Excuse the terrible photoshop but this is how the Clocktower will connect to the rest of Hogwarts. 

If I'm going to guess, we'll get one last tower that connects to the other side of the clock tower (the astronomy tower from Half Blood Prince), and then we're done with this particular version of Hogwarts. That way, when we've had four waves covering all of the movies, they can start anew with more specific sets of the Hogwarts interior, like The Chamber of Secrets.

Edited by Peppermint_M
Please don't quote pictures

1 hour ago, Phyranion said:

If I'm going to guess, we'll get one last tower that connects to the other side of the clock tower (the astronomy tower from Half Blood Prince), and then we're done with this particular version of Hogwarts. That way, when we've had four waves covering all of the movies, they can start anew with more specific sets of the Hogwarts interior, like The Chamber of Secrets.

I kinda hope the chamber if secrets set is build so that one of the castle segments can sit on top.

21 minutes ago, Foxes Productionz said:

I kinda hope the chamber if secrets set is build so that one of the castle segments can sit on top.

My theory on how Lego would handle a Chamber of Secrets set is that it would connect to the side of a part of the castle and look like a normal part of Hogwarts from the outside with a tower for moany myrtles bathroom. I’d rather Lego do that as even if the Chamber were placed under the great hall it would still be level with the ground floors of other parts of Hogwarts and this way it might look better than with what Lego did with jabbas palace and the rancor pit. 

16 hours ago, LordVoldemort said:

Excuse the terrible photoshop but this is how the Clocktower will connect to the rest of Hogwarts. 

no, the clock tower must be in the back ground

Edited by Peppermint_M

30 minutes ago, Black Numenorean said:

no, the clock tower must be in the back ground

That’s where it would be to be accurate, but Lego aren’t really going for absolute accuracy. This is how they’ll advertise it probably

Here's a crude drawing of which building exteriors I think the Lego sets represent and where they are located:

Green - 75954. Great Hall and Grand Staircase Tower.

Red - 75948. Clocktower and, possibly, Gryffindor Tower.

Blue - 75953. Whomping Willow (approximate location), Training Grounds wall section including the gate through which the car escapes, and, possibly, one spire of the Training Grounds Tower.

There's not really any way to connect the Lego sets like this.

EcLK2ha.jpg

10 hours ago, Graupensuppe said:

Here's a crude drawing of which building exteriors I think the Lego sets represent and where they are located:

Green - 75954. Great Hall and Grand Staircase Tower.

Red - 75948. Clocktower and, possibly, Gryffindor Tower.

Blue - 75953. Whomping Willow (approximate location), Training Grounds wall section including the gate through which the car escapes, and, possibly, one spire of the Training Grounds Tower.

There's not really any way to connect the Lego sets like this.

That’s not where the willow is, it was moved from movie 3 onwards, it’s across the bridge behind the clocktower.

but anyway, yeah the Lego sets just give us the buildings and we can decide how to position them. The willow set, and it seems the clocktower, are very modular can can be attached to each other in many different ways

Edited by Peppermint_M

3 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

That’s not where the willow is, it was moved from movie 3 onwards, it’s across the bridge behind the clocktower.

Well, this particular blueprint shows the castle layout from Half-Blood Prince, but the Lego set is obviously based on Chamber of Secrets where the Whomping Willow was still located in the Training Grounds.

Edited by Graupensuppe

5 hours ago, GalacticHippo said:

Has anyone pointed out what piece they're using to convert the broom into a Firebolt? Is it new?

Not new, it's the handle for the Fireman's pole (part 23422) with a hollow stud to keep it in place. Clever use of parts, I just wish it was available in gold for Harry's Nimbus 2000.