Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

Just now, Sir Godric said:

For me all the sets look amazing and i will buy all of them.

A designer can never make all the sets perfect.

What is perfect??

Everyone has diffdrent opinions of perfect so no set will never be perfect.

Exactly, no matter how these sets turned out people will either love them or hate them, everyone is allowed there own opinions on these sets, if they don't like certain things that were included/not included that is fine and if there are people like me who will be buying every set in the wave that's also fine aha.

Okay, I like the expecto patronum set the best I think. 

I feel like the triwizard set is missing something. Probably some rock scenery, or the spectator stand from the 2005 set. The tent looks too lazy/custom in a bad way. Minifigures are nice, surprisingly I don't mind the horntail, I like it!.

Hagrid's Hut looks plain, but the details like pumpkins and minifigure count is nice.

And the clock tower is a disappointment more than anything. I loove the yule ball details like the tables and the dance feature, but other than that the rooms are too "squished" and I don't like the boring layout they're displayed in. That coupled with the exterior, again, looks custom and not in a positive way... it looks too blocky and simple compared to the great hall.

I hate Hermione except the torso, I thought that given the icon that that outfit is (and the reason why we didn't see any leak), she would get a new hairpiece and new face... and printed legs would've been better than a brick with a plate underneath!! ? The other figures are very nice, although I would've liked Fleur to use a bun to appear more elegant. Using a ponytail for a bun sounds like a 2002 thing to do like with Mary Jane in the oriental dress.

And I never cared about any version of the knight bus. I wouldn't give it away if it were gifted though.

Just now, Lego Lad said:

Exactly, no matter how these sets turned out people will either love them or hate them, everyone is allowed there own opinions on these sets, if they don't like certain things that were included/not included that is fine and if there are people like me who will be buying every set in the wave that's also fine aha.

:wink:  :thumbup:

If someone wants he always can find something what is not perfect.

I am happy that Lego Harry Potter is back since 

last year and thats enough for me.

Whats not perfect can be made perfect.

cool sets. The interior of the Clock tower is pretty wack, but I will still buy it at least once. I love the patronous set and will probably skip the horntail. Number four is both my least favorite book and film and i have enough lego dragons as it is.

My highlight is hagrids hut. I started building my hogwarts last year, when the new Sets came out. I used some official and mostly moc Stuff for hogwarts, but i didn't build hagrids hut, because i was sure there will be an awesome one this year and god damn it I was right. I love it, the look, the pumpkins, the details. The only problem is, that it is only half of the hut, but If you buy two and connect them, that should work out fine.

if you want to see the castle so far

Edited by Kyp

3 hours ago, dvt said:

Interesting.  They're branded "Harry Potter" not "Wizarding World".

They are branded as Wizarding World, its in the bottom right corner just like last year

1 hour ago, Mordarch said:

Probably my least favourite thing of all these is the bloody Goblet of Fire, it's pathetic. All the rest seems fine to me. 

The goblet is a golden goblet with one of the old flames in blue coming out of it, it seems to stand on a pedestel, but doesn't make it better. 

Also, blue separator, has this been done before? 

I really don't want to be ''that guy'' but the seperator is actually the reintroduced color teal, which has appeared in sets since the start of this year

Overall really like the sets, will definetely modify the Horntail and add the pendulum to the Clocktower. I will skip the Knight Bus though, looks to boring for my taste

I just turned on my phone and I had a hunch the sets were out today. 

I can’t believe it..... I thought they wouldn’t top the Great Hall but they did. Clock tower is gorgeous and the one of the most stunning Lego sets I have seen! So much great details easily the best set in an amazing wave! Dumbledore’s office and the Prefects Bathroom are lovely! 

Hagrid Hut is another drop dead stunner and most screen accurate version yet. Nice pumpkin patch, Buckhead, Macnair comes with the axe, and the interior is nice too!

Expecto Patronum is another great set which we saw earlier with the coolest tree builds to date and my favorite mold of all time the Stag!

The only let down was the Horntail. Yikes that’s at but ugly, was planning to have it rest on my Great Hall. Hopefully it looks better in person. Will still buy because of the minifigs.

And of course, an update Knight Bus which looks superb! Definitely going to pick that bad boy up. 

19 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

And the clock tower is a disappointment more than anything. I loove the yule ball details like the tables and the dance feature, but other than that the rooms are too "squished" and I don't like the boring layout they're displayed in. That coupled with the exterior, again, looks custom and not in a positive way... it looks too blocky and simple compared to the great hall.

The interiors can very easily be changed, just like with the Great Hall and Whomping Willow sets. At least these rooms come with some usefull pieces for customization!

Talking about simple, the tower in the GH set was basically a bunch of panel pieces stacked on top of each other. Can't get simpler than that (well, maybe in a 4+ set)

7 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

The interiors can very easily be changed, just like with the Great Hall and Whomping Willow sets. At least these rooms come with some usefull pieces for customization!

Talking about simple, the tower in the GH set was basically a bunch of panel pieces stacked on top of each other. Can't get simpler than that (well, maybe in a 4+ set)

Yeah that's true, but the disappointments won't stop me from buying at least 3 sets anyway :D lol. But the cons at least gave me more patience, meaning I'm not crazy for these and want them now. These come out in a month basically don't they? 

1 minute ago, Otherworld said:

Yeah that's true, but the disappointments won't stop me from buying at least 3 sets anyway :D lol. But the cons at least gave me more patience, meaning I'm not crazy for these and want them now. These come out in a month basically don't they? 

People have been saying june 1st for a while now, but Bouwsteentjes.info wrote the releases are in may/june so I'd expect somewhere around the end of may or start of june

A lot to like here! The Knight Bus is easily my top priority, followed closely by the Clock Tower and Triwizard Challenge. I'm on the fence about Hagrid's Hut and will probably pass on Expecto Patronum, but that could change depending on whether my wife likes them.

Really impressed with what we’ve seen today - the Christmas theme of the Clocktower makes me really excited for what to expect with the advent calendar! 

Have I got it right that these five are the June wave and we are expected another two reveals for August? One of which is presumed to be the graveyard?

So why are the 2019 HP sets listed under the "Harry Potter" theme, while the 2018 sets were listed as "Wizarding World"?

I have noticed that the dish piece that shoots out the stud shooter in the Patronum set is the same clear blue with sparkly glitter style as the stag Patronus itself, I love little details Lego do like that.

2 hours ago, montyofmusic said:

I'll be honest, I'm pretty disappointed with the lack of a swinging pendulum in the Clock Tower. The complicated mechanism behind a synchronized spinning clock and swinging pendulum was the only thing holding me back from MOCing my own Clock Tower. Hopefully someone a bit more adept at Technic than me comes up with a MOD that adds in the feature. 

Damn, how did I miss that?  Now I'm a tiny bit disappointed.  Yeah, I'm no good at Technic, so I'll be modding a custom "stationary pendulum" until someone posts a mechanism.

Still, I love the set.  I love all the sets!  Must wait until June and not spend money on May 4....

Overall I’m very pleased with this wave, good follow up on last years wave, same amount of sets for HP (more if you count the two August sets) great minifigs (only one duplicate!) and some pretty good builds. A bit disappointed in the Horntail but I’ll be excited to see what mods you all can come up with!

Most the sets look great, but the Hungarian Horn tail should have had teeth printed on the head and spikes all over its body.

13 minutes ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

We are getting a rita skeeter in the advent calender. Her torso has leaked.

Intriguing, looks nothing like Skeeter’s outfit, BUT Krum doesn’t look like Krum, so I’ll give the “leaker” the benefit of the doubt for now...

correction, that ain’t no leak, that’s a custom that he’s marked with the “#legoleak” mark, you can see where it’s been printed and stuck on, its guys like this that spread false hope

Edited by TheRandomBlocker
Correcting my mistake and warning others

2 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Intriguing, looks nothing like Skeeter’s outfit, BUT Krum doesn’t look like Krum, so I’ll give the “leaker” the benefit of the doubt for now...

correction, that ain’t no leak, that’s a custom that he’s marked with the “#legoleak” mark, you can see where it’s been printed and stuck on, its guys like this that spread false hope

Oh man, with people misusing legoleaks, i thought it was real.

Just now, HalfBloodPrince said:

Oh man, with people misusing legoleaks, i thought it was real.

So did I, it truly sucks that people misuse that hashtag, especially when it’s for a new character, only thing that made me question it was that he had A LOT of custom figures on his page and all of them have the stickered torsos so I zoomed in and you could see the edge of the sticker ?

Expecto Patronum - Fantastic set, the dementors and even the damn trees are great to get multiples of! Sirius’ hair is a great thing to multiples of too. Great value to this thing. The stag is amazing and even the shooting feature makes sense

The First Task - the Hungarian horntail is mixed. The tail and wings are fine, but the legs are too chunky and the head is too small. All it needs is a bigger head really. The tent is atrocious, it’s just a weird block.

the Knight Bus - a big blocky, and the windows should be shorter, but it seems the most accurate version and I’ve got way too much nostalgia for that thing to hate it

hagrid’s hut - sucks that it’s not enclosed, but damn it’s nice. The minifigures are good and buckbeak is awesome. The details of the interior and the pumpkin patch are great.

The Clocktower. Fantastic. Should be a tad wider, but exterior-wise is brilliant. The interior less-so. There’s a lot of squished features that don’t work. They should have focused on tiles rooms. The goblet looks awful, but the Yule-ball elements are quite nice.

overall, solid wave. Certainly care more about the builds than the minifigures this year 

I warmed up more to these sets, and I just realized, the clock tower is huge. That next to the great hall and whomping willow will look great.  I don't like the whomping willow set much but I will get it just to have one gigantic set ?

And the advent calendar addition will make it look even cooler! I was thinking of buying the D2C hogwarts to mod the GH, WW and CT and make then bigger, as well as to create other rooms but damn, I've become too lazy to innovate with lego and I don't know if it's going to be worth it considering the price.

Edited by Otherworld

Wow, didn't expect these sets to be revealed today, let's see where do I start.

The Expecto Patronum Set looks very good, Sirius Black grew on me, I also really like the trees, even though they're probably really flat from behind. Best part is obviously the stag, but the 2 dementors are also great for amry building.

The first task set looks alright, I like the tent, it's a cute little build. The firebolt looks so good, really clever use of pieces. Fleur's face kinda grew on me, as does Cedric's, but still going to seek a replacement for Krum. The Horntail is sadly very disappointing, I like the printing, but still it doesn't really work for me, the old set was better, I think if you combine the 2 you'll have the perfect first task set. I think I'll try ordering the pieces of the old build online + an extra set of stickers from this one to have the updated school emblems, I might change it a bit to make it look like the thor ragnarok arena build.

Hagrid's Hut is amazing, Buckbeak looks even better with the wings and the pumpkins are a nice inclusion. Still kinda surprised it has the second part of the building and can't fold open like the german description mentioned, but this is ofcourse better. The inside of the hut looks so comfy, although I kinda miss the random painting from the previous one. Still it's by far the best version we ever got. The figures are also amazing, really like the new Hermione, Ron and the Minister are looking nice as well. Gonna change the hood piece for Macnair to the old farmer hood piece, otherwise a great figure. Only complains I have are that Fang is missing and that Hagrid is the same one as last year, although it's a great figure, I'm kinda growing tired of this outfit we're getting for almost 20 years now, this was the perfect opportunity to include the one with the (yule ball) suit or even the poa teacher suit (even though we'll get more opportunities for that one). Still a great set, number 2 on my favourite list.

The Knight Bus looks really good as well, I was afraid it would look the same as the previous 2 incarnations (which were way too similar) but I actually wanna buy this one. At first it looked kinda strange because I was used to the old design, but it looks way more movie accurate, it even has the all destinations (nothing underwater) sign. The windows are looking kinda tall, but that might just be the angle. The figures are looking great, way better than the previous one. Only thing missing is Dog Sirius. We're also kinda low on owls in this wave, I think I might just purchase the ones from 4842. Also I see Stan is holding a newspaper, I wonder if it's the boy who lived one or a new one with perhaps Sirius? (probably just harry again).

That brings me to my favourite set from this wave, the clock tower. The outside looks amazing, it's a worthy successor for the old one. The inside looks alright, some rooms better than others. The Hosptial wing looks amazing, now all we need is Miss Pomfrey. The DATDA classroom looks nice as well, I like the gramophone build (at least that's what I think it is). I kinda wished there was another table for the students, but I can easily change the teachers desk into one since he has the chalkboard already. Only things missing are the skeleton (I think I might build a small skeleton and hang it from the lever for the clock (nice little feature btw)) and the wardrobe (I might just steal the old vanishing cabinet). I kinda wished there was an office, although that might be reserved for Umbridge, if not I will place this build next to the tower from the whomping willow, which house the gryffindor common room at the moment, and turn it into a little office, moving the common room to the tower from the great hall (which I plan to make 1 room taller). The prefect's Bathroom looks nice, although I dislike it's location, I rather have it 1 floor higher. The yule ball looks pretty cute, nothing too special however, I'm happy it's more of a sidebuild and doesn't take up too much of the build, the tables are very usefull and I like the small christmas tree a lot. The entrance hall is quite boring however, just like the random rooms in the great hall, the goblet of fire is also nothing too special, I'm gonna change that room for sure, although I'm not sure into what. I'm thinking about the library, trophy room, or just a real entrance hall with some knight armor. Dumbledore's office looks nice, but it's too small. I'm gonna change the swords location to a shared one with the sorting hat (probably gonna steal the design from the 2010 Hogwarts Castle. The desk looks fine as it is, I like the bookcases as well, although I kinda prefer brickbuild ones, I might just go 50/50 and replace half of them with small brickuild bookcases and/or shelves. Obviously I'm gonna change the pensieve into the cmf one, other than that I want some room for people to stand in his office and a place for fawkes. My only real complaint with the set is the leg of the pendelum, the entrance looks a little bit small altoghether compared to the original one. I hope I can somehow modify it into fitting the pendelum, if any one is able to do it, please let me know xD.

All with all a great wave, not as good as the first one, but still amazing. Most of the sets are better than the original sets, and all of them have at least some improvements. Again the best theme of the year in my opinion.

42 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Wow, didn't expect these sets to be revealed today, let's see where do I start.

The Expecto Patronum Set looks very good, Sirius Black grew on me, I also really like the trees, even though they're probably really flat from behind. Best part is obviously the stag, but the 2 dementors are also great for amry building.

The first task set looks alright, I like the tent, it's a cute little build. The firebolt looks so good, really clever use of pieces. Fleur's face kinda grew on me, as does Cedric's, but still going to seek a replacement for Krum. The Horntail is sadly very disappointing, I like the printing, but still it doesn't really work for me, the old set was better, I think if you combine the 2 you'll have the perfect first task set. I think I'll try ordering the pieces of the old build online + an extra set of stickers from this one to have the updated school emblems, I might change it a bit to make it look like the thor ragnarok arena build.

Hagrid's Hut is amazing, Buckbeak looks even better with the wings and the pumpkins are a nice inclusion. Still kinda surprised it has the second part of the building and can't fold open like the german description mentioned, but this is ofcourse better. The inside of the hut looks so comfy, although I kinda miss the random painting from the previous one. Still it's by far the best version we ever got. The figures are also amazing, really like the new Hermione, Ron and the Minister are looking nice as well. Gonna change the hood piece for Macnair to the old farmer hood piece, otherwise a great figure. Only complains I have are that Fang is missing and that Hagrid is the same one as last year, although it's a great figure, I'm kinda growing tired of this outfit we're getting for almost 20 years now, this was the perfect opportunity to include the one with the (yule ball) suit or even the poa teacher suit (even though we'll get more opportunities for that one). Still a great set, number 2 on my favourite list.

The Knight Bus looks really good as well, I was afraid it would look the same as the previous 2 incarnations (which were way too similar) but I actually wanna buy this one. At first it looked kinda strange because I was used to the old design, but it looks way more movie accurate, it even has the all destinations (nothing underwater) sign. The windows are looking kinda tall, but that might just be the angle. The figures are looking great, way better than the previous one. Only thing missing is Dog Sirius. We're also kinda low on owls in this wave, I think I might just purchase the ones from 4842. Also I see Stan is holding a newspaper, I wonder if it's the boy who lived one or a new one with perhaps Sirius? (probably just harry again).

That brings me to my favourite set from this wave, the clock tower. The outside looks amazing, it's a worthy successor for the old one. The inside looks alright, some rooms better than others. The Hosptial wing looks amazing, now all we need is Miss Pomfrey. The DATDA classroom looks nice as well, I like the gramophone build (at least that's what I think it is). I kinda wished there was another table for the students, but I can easily change the teachers desk into one since he has the chalkboard already. Only things missing are the skeleton (I think I might build a small skeleton and hang it from the lever for the clock (nice little feature btw)) and the wardrobe (I might just steal the old vanishing cabinet). I kinda wished there was an office, although that might be reserved for Umbridge, if not I will place this build next to the tower from the whomping willow, which house the gryffindor common room at the moment, and turn it into a little office, moving the common room to the tower from the great hall (which I plan to make 1 room taller). The prefect's Bathroom looks nice, although I dislike it's location, I rather have it 1 floor higher. The yule ball looks pretty cute, nothing too special however, I'm happy it's more of a sidebuild and doesn't take up too much of the build, the tables are very usefull and I like the small christmas tree a lot. The entrance hall is quite boring however, just like the random rooms in the great hall, the goblet of fire is also nothing too special, I'm gonna change that room for sure, although I'm not sure into what. I'm thinking about the library, trophy room, or just a real entrance hall with some knight armor. Dumbledore's office looks nice, but it's too small. I'm gonna change the swords location to a shared one with the sorting hat (probably gonna steal the design from the 2010 Hogwarts Castle. The desk looks fine as it is, I like the bookcases as well, although I kinda prefer brickbuild ones, I might just go 50/50 and replace half of them with small brickuild bookcases and/or shelves. Obviously I'm gonna change the pensieve into the cmf one, other than that I want some room for people to stand in his office and a place for fawkes. My only real complaint with the set is the leg of the pendelum, the entrance looks a little bit small altoghether compared to the original one. I hope I can somehow modify it into fitting the pendelum, if any one is able to do it, please let me know xD.

All with all a great wave, not as good as the first one, but still amazing. Most of the sets are better than the original sets, and all of them have at least some improvements. Again the best theme of the year in my opinion.

I think I need to introduce you to my good friend Mr. TLDR

1 hour ago, CT-5503 said:

I think I need to introduce you to my good friend Mr. TLDR

Don't really know why that was necessary. Just wanted to share my thoughts for those interested... But I guess I'm sorry for the long post?