Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

Ahhh new city theme sets have been released. LEGO is really teasing now haha.. the anticipation.. maybe leaving the best till last?! My fingers are crossed for the release until after the avengers as mentioned. 

The expects patronum set looks incredible for a small set. I’m eagerly waiting to see the clock tower out of all of them. The descriptions sound promising :classic: just wondering how it will connect to the existing sets.

When do official images usually release for the advent calendars? 

Waiting waiting... 

1 hour ago, LordVoldemort said:

no we took our limited information and tried to make sense of it- 

in fact we were right about the prefects bathroom siren window- was the only user to mention that being in the set, because my brother saw it. I also mentioned a little library which we didn’t realize was a classroom. Was also the only user to mention that a while back.

He saw some information about dumbledores office and hospital wing and believed it to be in a later wave because figured not enough room and confused the clock tower/watchtower -When in fact it was all in the same. 

The diagon alley d2c is still happening.  

If it actually happens then I will publicly apologize for doubting you. Until then, I remain skeptical

24 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I didn’t say that, I don’t know how that got quoted from me...

Sorry, didnt mean to quote you. it was just a question to he who should not be named.

Edited by TurboTj-DK

I don't know if anyone's noticed this before but the main box art for the Great Hall set shows the silhouette of the Clocktower in the background - a hint of things to come? 

19 minutes ago, Chocolate Frog said:

I don't know if anyone's noticed this before but the main box art for the Great Hall set shows the silhouette of the Clocktower in the background - a hint of things to come? 

I hadn’t noticed that, upon second inspection I found that it’s in the background of the whomping willow set too, it most likely was an indication of the clock tower set, much like the sillohuette of the Millenium falcon on the Death Star box.

2 hours ago, LordVoldemort said:

in fact we were right about the prefects bathroom siren window- was the only user to mention that being in the set, because my brother saw it. I also mentioned a little library which we didn’t realize was a classroom. Was also the only user to mention that a while back.

He saw some information about dumbledores office and hospital wing and believed it to be in a later wave because figured not enough room and confused the clock tower/watchtower -When in fact it was all in the same. 

“Except for being wrong about everything, we were actually right about the rest of it.”

49 minutes ago, Chocolate Frog said:

Hi @Legoniche here are a couple of photos of Griffyndor Tower from my work in progress Hogwarts.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

That’s so cool! I like that you kept the aesthetic of the sets whilst still modifying- and I love the opening feature- seems like you have the grounds of hogwarts planned as well, very nice . Perhaps add a cone/ tower roof

other than that I really love it :) ??

3 hours ago, LordVoldemort said:

Dude you need to quit this insider facade. You did it last year too and it was incredibly annoying. You guessed one thing right good for you. I’m surprised you haven’t been banned yet.

45 minutes ago, Legoniche said:

That’s so cool! I like that you kept the aesthetic of the sets whilst still modifying- and I love the opening feature- seems like you have the grounds of hogwarts planned as well, very nice . Perhaps add a cone/ tower roof

Thank you! That's very kind of you to say. The Forbidden Forest is a side project (seven whomping willows on a big grey plate) and my next building is the viaduct building. 

4 hours ago, LordVoldemort said:

That's easy to say if you've just edited all your posts. They look very different now than when I read them yesterday. Cutting out the part where you mentioned the de mentor attack including wolf lupin for example, the explanation you just gave doesn't explain many of the things you got wrong in the original post. I'm not trying to be rude, but please stop trying to fool us.

1 hour ago, Legoniche said:

Seconded - this is some really top-notch modding!

Last week it occurred to me that other people were probably looking forward to the next Lego Harry Potter wave as much as I am and boy, did y'all deliver with the in-depth, funny and mostly civil discussion. Many thanks to everyone who has contributed their thoughts and information. I thought the first wave was extremely well executed and I'm so pleased TLG is putting a strong effort into it. In addition to some much-needed updates, we've also received some surprises I wouldn't have even thought to hope for, like the minifigs of the founders and now the stag patronus.

This is especially helpful to me because my building efforts have mostly been various parts of the Potterverse, with Hogwarts naturally being the centrepiece. I got some of the earliest HP sets when I was a kid and then emerged from my dark ages just in time to snag a good portion of the very last wave. Though I've been working on it for years, my progress has improved a lot since last year's wave due to all the new pieces and a fresh burst of inspiration. The clocktower and Hagrid's hut are both places I've been gathering parts for and begun planning, so it feels serendipitous to get official versions soon. My biggest hope is for some kind of new piece that will enable attaching brick built spell effects to the wands, but I don't see much indication of that happening. As long as the Horntail turns out right, I'll be happy. 

On a random note, I find the old version of Luna's head works a bit better with the Cowardly Lion CMF headpiece. You can see more of the mouth.

4 minutes ago, Alyverse said:

Last week it occurred to me that other people were probably looking forward to the next Lego Harry Potter wave as much as I am and boy, did y'all deliver with the in-depth, funny and mostly civil discussion. Many thanks to everyone who has contributed their thoughts and information. I thought the first wave was extremely well executed and I'm so pleased TLG is putting a strong effort into it. In addition to some much-needed updates, we've also received some surprises I wouldn't have even thought to hope for, like the minifigs of the founders and now the stag patronus.

This is especially helpful to me because my building efforts have mostly been various parts of the Potterverse, with Hogwarts naturally being the centrepiece. I got some of the earliest HP sets when I was a kid and then emerged from my dark ages just in time to snag a good portion of the very last wave. Though I've been working on it for years, my progress has improved a lot since last year's wave due to all the new pieces and a fresh burst of inspiration. The clocktower and Hagrid's hut are both places I've been gathering parts for and begun planning, so it feels serendipitous to get official versions soon. My biggest hope is for some kind of new piece that will enable attaching brick built spell effects to the wands, but I don't see much indication of that happening. As long as the Horntail turns out right, I'll be happy. 

On a random note, I find the old version of Luna's head works a bit better with the Cowardly Lion CMF headpiece. You can see more of the mouth.

Welcome! It’s always nice to find other people with the same passions as ours. You picked a good time to join the discussion since official reveals could come almost any day now. The addition of spell effects to the new wand piece is something a lot of people want. I could see it happening at some point once TLG catches on to that particular desire of ours, they seem to be putting a lot of fan service into these sets.

17 minutes ago, Alyverse said:

I agree, the old Luna still holds up pretty well to this day compared to some of the other figures so it comes to good use when making a custom of her 'Gryffindor Lion outfit' still would be nice to get an official variant, always loved the one from the game. Welcome btw, discussing the theme on this forum always makes the wait a little more bearable if you ask me :laugh_hard:

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Welcome! It’s always nice to find other people with the same passions as ours. You picked a good time to join the discussion since official reveals could come almost any day now. The addition of spell effects to the new wand piece is something a lot of people want. I could see it happening at some point once TLG catches on to that particular desire of ours, they seem to be putting a lot of fan service into these sets.

As far as spells go, I don’t think they would be able to make spells that attach to the current wands, rather a whole new  molded “wand with spell” piece, double molded with the wand color and a trans clear spell color. Say for example:

Clear red for expelliarmus 

Clear green for avada kedavra

Clear blue for experto patronum

etc

17 minutes ago, GilbertoAguilera101 said:

As far as spells go, I don’t think they would be able to make spells that attach to the current wands, rather a whole new  molded “wand with spell” piece, double molded with the wand color and a trans clear spell color. Say for example:

etc

Well, I don't know how it'll be done, but they'll need to figure something out for the Twin Core Connection in the new Graveyard set, it would be extremely disappointing if we never got anything to represent it.

5 hours ago, GilbertoAguilera101 said:

etc

As nice as that would be, I‘d rather they spend their budget on animal moulds, hairpieces and new prints :wink: Unless they‘d do it Superheroes style with different effect parts in the same bag, which can‘t be that expensive come to think of it.

1 hour ago, dimaks13 said:

The thing sticking out of the tree is indeed a stud shooter.

Darn, where are the owls :facepalm:

2 hours ago, dimaks13 said:

The thing sticking out of the tree is indeed a stud shooter.

Does everything have to have a stud shooter now?

I guess it’s supposed to represent Harry (the other Harry you can’t see) casting the Patronus from behind the tree

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

2 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I guess it’s supposed to represent Harry (the other Harry you can’t see) casting the Patronus from behind the tree

That's a pretty good thought, in that case it's actually a pretty clever feature

So the pictures I guess are leaking

The horntail is really just bad. Glad I have the old one. This set overall isnt great as far as builds go so it’s a good thing there are exclusive figures. This is the problem with brick built creatures..mixed bag.

The castle is pretty dang awesome!! I like that is has snowy accents.  

This is definitely the best version of the Knight Bus. 

Hagrids Hut is great too. Glad we get a good amount of the pumpkins.