Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

23 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I’m pretty sure I remember the Quidditch minifigs leaking very early last year. Also, that set wasn’t exclusive in the US, I saw it all over the place here, I still do.

Really? I've only only ever seen the set in a Lego store or at Target. And looking online right now, Amazon and Walmart.com are only showing it from third parties. In Walmart's case it's a third party that routinely resells sets for above RRP.

On 4/10/2019 at 10:50 PM, LDDproductions said:

then I’m hoping for more frequent waves.

I kinda prefer the 'less is more' approach, star wars for example gets a lot of sets and lot of them are rehashes.

2 hours ago, autolycus said:

Really? I've only only ever seen the set in a Lego store or at Target. And looking online right now, Amazon and Walmart.com are only showing it from third parties. In Walmart's case it's a third party that routinely resells sets for above RRP.

I bought one from Walmart, and I’ve seen a bunch there. I’m pretty sure I’ve seen them at Barnes and Noble as well but I don’t remember for certain on that one

On 4/9/2019 at 11:36 PM, Guyon2002 said:

June 1st. The June-release was mentioned a few times in the last few hours so you might want to read some more of the discussion :wink:

Oops, my bad. That's really soon though - I'm surprised we haven't seen any pictures yet.

What if we get a surprise set like the Hogwarts Express? I'm thinking it would be the Shrieking Shack, which would make sense as they would only need to hide figures of Petigrew and werewolf Lupon:laugh:

Just now, Darth Talon said:

What if we get a surprise set like the Hogwarts Express? I'm thinking it would be the Shrieking Shack, which would make sense as they would only need to hide figures of Petigrew and werewolf Lupon:laugh:

The chances of there being another June release that we don’t know about is really slim.  But two sets that we know exist but don’t have any official info on is essentially the same situation as the 2 August sets - so speculate away

None of the sets were retailer exclusives here in Australia, although the Hogwarts Express was released several months later than the other sets for some reason. 

Also, I have no doubt Lego would have sold even more HP sets if they'd had more stock, they were constantly sold out for months here.

8 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

I kinda prefer the 'less is more' approach, star wars for example gets a lot of sets and lot of them are rehashes.

Well rehashes here is not so bad! SW have got many sets every year for 20 years in a row, so no wonder there are many similar sets. Only the first HP movies had many sets and that is almost 20 years ago with a odd set now and then later, the last ones almost 10 years ago.. With the evolution of sets going on the last 10-20 years Lego can make every set a lot better today, so then what does it matter if they made a similar set in 2001 or 2005?

Personally I will not rule out the possibility of limited sets this year, in addition polybags, books, promos etc are bound to show up so we will get more stuff this year :excited:

I find it weird how Hermione's gained freckles this year and Ron's lost his compared to last years sets.

Hermione's definitely my least fav so far. Don't think the reused head looks anything like Emma Watson, which is a shame because last year's head was so good. Never been a fan of that hair piece and it definitely looks too big and puffy to be Hermione. And then something about the torso and printing of the time turner just seems off to me. At least last year's CMF Hermione is growing on me in comparison.

Madame maxine will be dual sided with a sad expression apparently. Just leaked on ig. And she does look sad in the movie. So good point lego ! 

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I’m excited for next year’s wave because they can’t possibly make sets from 5-6 without finally giving us a Ginny minifig

And perhaps Neville ??

5 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I’m excited for next year’s wave because they can’t possibly make sets from 5-6 without finally giving us a Ginny minifig

4 hours ago, Legoniche said:

And perhaps Neville ??

Honestly, after seeing how awesome Harry’s patronus stag looks - and just reeling from the fact that Lego made a patronus at all - the top thing on my wishlist for Order of the Phoenix sets is a DA room of requirement featuring the patronus lesson scene. It would hopefully have Ginny as well as uniform versions of Neville and Luna, and there are already molds for most of the patronuses you’d need (except Hermione’s otter but that wouldn’t be too hard). It would be a super cool way to get some characters we don’t have new or regular versions of yet. 

30 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Honestly, after seeing how awesome Harry’s patronus stag looks - and just reeling from the fact that Lego made a patronus at all - the top thing on my wishlist for Order of the Phoenix sets is a DA room of requirement featuring the patronus lesson scene. It would hopefully have Ginny as well as uniform versions of Neville and Luna, and there are already molds for most of the patronuses you’d need (except Hermione’s otter but that wouldn’t be too hard). It would be a super cool way to get some characters we don’t have new or regular versions of yet. 

As Ginny, Neville and Luna are major characters in OotP and onwards I'd rather see some lesser known characters in a DA set, like Ernie Macmillan and maybe the Patils

13 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

As Ginny, Neville and Luna are major characters in OotP and onwards I'd rather see some lesser known characters in a DA set, like Ernie Macmillan and maybe the Patils

True, but it’s completely possible to get a couple of extra DA members - just look how we got Susan Bones and Seamus Finnigan last wave. 

Plus, while there will be other opportunities to get Neville, Ginny and Luna in other sets, there might not be that many opportunities to get them in Hogwarts uniforms - just look at this wave, no regular uniform torsos at all. 

On 4/11/2019 at 5:12 PM, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I’m pretty sure I remember the Quidditch minifigs leaking very early last year. Also, that set wasn’t exclusive in the US, I saw it all over the place here, I still do.

I’ve only seen the Quidditch set at Target and the Lego stores, but that may just be Texas.

On 4/11/2019 at 8:23 PM, Accio Lego said:

But two sets that we know exist but don’t have any official info on is essentially the same situation as the 2 August sets - so speculate away

I may be misunderstanding but there’s 2 more sets in June that we are unaware of because that’s highly unlikely. Wouldn’t there be fig leaks.

7 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I can possibly see the Patils coming in their Yule Ball outfits in the (hopefully) 2020 CMF series since they’re abscent from the clock tower

Edited by LDDproductions

Madame maxime would look so much better with long arms rather than regular arms, fortunately, she has white arms, and the long arms exist in white on Jesse from toy story, that torso isn’t too expensive on bricklink. I’ll definitely replace them.

Edited by Legoniche

3 hours ago, Legoniche said:

Madame maxime would look so much better with long arms rather than regular arms, fortunately, she has white arms, and the long arms exist in white on Jesse from toy story, that torso isn’t too expensive on bricklink. I’ll definitely replace them.

She would need a taller torso as well. Because of a little thing known as proportions.

1 hour ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

She would need a taller torso as well. Because of a little thing known as proportions.

Actually her torso continues onto her dress piece (may just be baggy blouse) but also Jesse had normal torso and it looked fine, but most importantly, I did a quick edit and it looks absolutely perfect, and doesn’t look weird- dm me on Instagram if you wanna see (only took 10 seconds, @legoandphotography ) 

Speaking about replacing parts, I think I'm going to replace Macnairs hood piece with the old black farmers hood/cowl piece. I think it works better and it makes him stand out more.

18 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Speaking about replacing parts, I think I'm going to replace Macnairs hood piece with the old black farmers hood/cowl piece. I think it works better and it makes him stand out more.

That’s actually a very good idea, I hadn’t thought about that piece, it’s gothic and medieval as well, much like macnairs design, tbh I like the look of him more without the hood, just the head, the same with the dementor, I prefer it without the cape and sometimes the hood, hoods and capes are difficult to judge whether it’s necesssry or not, but it’s better to include them rather than not I think 

12 hours ago, LDDproductions said:

I may be misunderstanding but there’s 2 more sets in June that we are unaware of because that’s highly unlikely. Wouldn’t there be fig leaks.

I was referring to the 2 retailer exclusive sets from last year, and how the lack of any official information on them before the official press release was similar to the current situation with the August sets. But I can see how I might have worded it weirdly. 

1 hour ago, Accio Lego said:

I was referring to the 2 retailer exclusive sets from last year, and how the lack of any official information on them before the official press release was similar to the current situation with the August sets. But I can see how I might have worded it weirdly. 

Okay thanks for clearing that up haha.