Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

37 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Interesting, I didn’t know that :classic: I’ve never paid attention to those tbh, so is there a list of previous build-a-minifig exclusive recolours somewhere?

Of course they did... :facepalm: I’m so glad that TLG has standards in stark (ha!) contrast to rivals like M€g@bløck$. Sometimes it seems they just grab licenses that TLG won‘t touch, thinking they‘ve struck gold without realising WHY TLG choose to pass on those :head_back:

Only big problem with lego's standards is how they won't tell us what exactly the limit is. For instance, they say GoT is too violent (which is true, its pretty gruesome) but the arguments the customer service make as to why it won't happen could very well be applied to franchises like LotR/Hobbit (if you would count the amount of beheadings in The Hobbit trilogy you wouldn't be able to count them on 2 hands)

1 minute ago, Swamp said:

Madame Maxime looks absolutely gorgeous!

Indeed!!! :laugh: Maybe a darker brown would have fitted better considering the hair piece ? But the long robe is exactly what is needed! 

1 minute ago, Jeankeb said:

Indeed!!! :laugh: Maybe a darker brown would have fitted better considering the hair piece ? But the long robe is exactly what is needed! 

It seems to me that the hairpiece is dark brown, but maybe it's just the picture.

Really happy her dress is printed on both sides! They really didn't have to do the print on the back but I'm happy its there

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Only big problem with lego's standards is how they won't tell us what exactly the limit is. For instance, they say GoT is too violent (which is true, its pretty gruesome) but the arguments the customer service make as to why it won't happen could very well be applied to franchises like LotR/Hobbit (if you would count the amount of beheadings in The Hobbit trilogy you wouldn't be able to count them on 2 hands)

Some rules are set in stone (politics, religious symbols, torture, nudity etc) but when it comes to violence, the rules are a bit flexible :wink: Fantasy/ Sci-Fi violence is usually allowed, but there are limits to that as well. True, there are a lot of decapitations in The Hobbit, but they‘re basically bloodless, making them less graphic.

GoT is completely out of the question though, not only because of the excessive violence (the actions of the Mountain alone make this a no-go) but also because it violates several of the set-in-stone rules *huh*

58 minutes ago, Swamp said:

She does, what a fantastic minifig :thumbup:

1 hour ago, Swamp said:

Wow !!  Great figure. 

Good job Lego.

New info on IG states that the Clocktower will have two more minifigs that we haven't seen yet. One must be Yule Ball Hermione, but who's the other one? Did I miss a leak or is it just not known yet?

1 hour ago, BenderBrau said:

New info on IG states that the Clocktower will have two more minifigs that we haven't seen yet. One must be Yule Ball Hermione, but who's the other one? Did I miss a leak or is it just not known yet?

From what we know, there‘s only one minifig missing from that set, and that‘s Hermione :wink: The „leaker“ (or rather, leak regurgitator) probably got his minifig count wrong, there‘s nothing to indicate an additional character being included :classic:

Edit: Unless they mean Ron, but we‘ve seen his torso at least

Edited by Lego-Freak

Excellent minifigure. Does anyone else see a possible 2nd expression in the pic of her back view? I see a small line below her hairpiece, it's probably just fuzz lol. I really want to see her next to Hagrid now, and I hope he gets a new variant for the Hut :D

Edited by Otherworld

Glad to get a new dual-sided face for Maxime, she looks great! Kinda would've preferred for Fleur or Krum to get a new face instead, but Maxime looks so great that I can't complain! (BTW, I'm planning on using the new Elsa face for Fleur, but does anyone have any suggestions for a better face for Krum? Thanks.)

7 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Glad to get a new dual-sided face for Maxime, she looks great! Kinda would've preferred for Fleur or Krum to get a new face instead, but Maxime looks so great that I can't complain! (BTW, I'm planning on using the new Elsa face for Fleur, but does anyone have any suggestions for a better face for Krum? Thanks.)

I think this  has already been talked about but Poe Dameron's head could work, the beard is a little inaccurate but it could work.

Although it seems far fetched I hope the fact that we have got a new print for Maxime means that we might get the flying carriage in the future

Maxine ... nicely printed front and back, torso and leg.

Makes me think tho ... if only CMF Trelawney were given the same effort on her back printing ... she would be perfect.

17 minutes ago, RandomSniper109 said:

Although it seems far fetched I hope the fact that we have got a new print for Maxime means that we might get the flying carriage in the future

Could very well happen but that would be a set for a wave in the very far future!

I had forgotten about the other 2 TBA sets!! Woah I'm hyped. The release for the first 5 is July 1st right?

4 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

I had forgotten about the other 2 TBA sets!! Woah I'm hyped. The release for the first 5 is July 1st right?

Actually I’m pretty sure it’s June 1st - hence the high saturation of leaks

That Maxine minifigure is brilliant. The expression has been captured so well. 

I'm really glad we're getting a Yule Ball themed set, but Hermione and Krum will the only complete couple there :distressed: I'm not confident they'll ever return to this scene to give us some more characters 

16 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

I’m so glad that TLG has standards in stark (ha!) contrast to rivals like M€g@bløck$. Sometimes it seems they just grab licenses that TLG won‘t touch, thinking they‘ve struck gold without realising WHY TLG choose to pass on those :head_back:

Err I wouldn't say that at all? I would say Mega actually understands they have an adult audience and aren't afraid to cater to them...It's smart business to look at fans disappointment with Legos choices and try and draw those fans in. Competition is good for business and helps diversify what Mega has to offer in comparison. Also not sure what licenses you're talking about when Mega has struck gold with the Halo and Pokemon themes while Lego puts out clunker themes of their own. A Lego Game of Thrones theme would absolutely sell if Lego wasn't so proud to avoid the theme. 

You can be a Lego and Mega fan. 

17 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Interesting, I didn’t know that :classic: I’ve never paid attention to those tbh, so is there a list of previous build-a-minifig exclusive recolours somewhere?

Of course they did... :facepalm: I’m so glad that TLG has standards in stark (ha!) contrast to rivals like M€g@bløck$. Sometimes it seems they just grab licenses that TLG won‘t touch, thinking they‘ve struck gold without realising WHY TLG choose to pass on those :head_back:

I can’t remember where it’s at...but there is a thread showing the BaM printed pieces. Off hand I remember there being a mime head. LEGO Batman’s Barbara Gordon blonde hairpiece, the newer small pigtail piece in light brown, scarecrow(non Oz one) hat in teal. Afro piece in blue. I think there were a few more, just can’t recall.