Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

1 minute ago, LDDproductions said:

I’m not joking, I actually saw it. Have your grain of salt now, but when September rolls around you’ll see.

I‘m taking this with a BAG of salt

4 minutes ago, topiku said:

I‘m taking this with a BAG of salt

I wouldn't do that if I were you, it could kill you :wink:

29 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

First of all, I LOVE Sirius' figure. I'm very happy my favorite character gets an outstanding figure! The printing is on point and I'm actually surprised he has legprinting, considering most figures in this wave don't have that. The hair is an odd choice but it looks great, also nice to get it in brown.

The chance of Smaugs wings returning for the Horntail are near 0%. But I wouldn't judge something if you haven't seen it yet if I were you, just wait for the pictures. Patience is key when it comes to lego :wink:

I'm just laughing at this. You think all Ninjago dragons look like robots and the one that looks like a dragon the most is an the only one that's actually a robot! :laugh_hard:

I think EVERY Ninjago dragon looks like a robot. I hope they at least make something similar to Smaug’s wings since the currently existing dragon wings (from the previous Horntail) look way too outdated for this Horntail, I don’t think they would work. And brick built wings would look robotic 

11 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I think EVERY Ninjago dragon looks like a robot. I hope they at least make something similar to Smaug’s wings since the currently existing dragon wings (from the previous Horntail) look way too outdated for this Horntail, I don’t think they would work. And brick built wings would look robotic 

I know fans care a lot about looks, but you just know lego values play and poseabillity over looks. I'm personally expecting something similair to 2019's Lloyd's Golden Dragon

I think Sirius looks great, but the hair is a little on the neat side for a man on the run... the hairpiece would fit OoTP Sirius better than POA. As for Ernie, he might be one of my favorites released so far! He looks spot on and as goofy as in the film.

Sirius’ hair shouldn’t be pulled back like that, it should be pretty much in his face, not to mention the Luke hair is too long for any version of  Sirius. I think Moody’s hair piece would have been perfect for any Sirius Black minifigure. This figure is still amazing, it’s a great looking figure, but they definitely went with the wrong hair piece. 

As for the advent calendar sighting, we already know some of the figures that are coming in the Star Wars calendar so it wouldn’t be too crazy to have info on this one as well, maybe even a picture floating around somewhere. That being said, it could also be a custom like that Hagrid’s Hut that keeps popping up

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

That's quite an amusing turn of events: last year, a lot of people (me included) expected Moody to utilize old Luke's hairpiece but instead got a new one while this year, we expected to see that piece reused for Sirius but are instead greeted by Luke's mullet :roflmao:

To me, this seems like a solid choice, but @RODDY is right, this fits OotP Sirius better than the PoA version. Maybe that's what they're going for? For other characters they don't mind including film-specific hairpieces though, so who knows :shrug_oh_well:

43 minutes ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

So Mr. LDD, tell us what minifigures the advent calender had.

As I said, I only saw it for a more 10 seconds (it was in one of those view once things), and it was blurry, but I was able to make out Harry in the front with a blue jacket (not the new one, it’s was different), and was from year one, I also saw Hermione from year 1 in Gryffindor robes (I think it’s a reuse if Dean’s robes), but that’s all I got. He also showed me Fudge, he had gray eye brows, I can’t tell if it’s an existing face, he had a black torso and legs with some highlights and a hood on. He’s not from the advent but still.

Really love the look of Sirius! Also looking at more images from Sirius in the movie and figures based upon him I can understand why Lego went with the Luke hairpiece as opposed to the Moody hairpiece. Sirius' hair is longer on the sides than it would be if the Moody hairpiece was used. Also it is pretty clear that the head is not perfectly aligned in the leaked images so I expect there to be less of a "gap" when the head is in the proper position.

Here is an image to compare with the figure

1-6-scale-sirius-black-prisoner-sa0014-harry.jpg

1 hour ago, LDDproductions said:

OMG GUYS! A Leaker on IG just showed me the advent calendar! You don’t have to believe me, but from what I saw, I saw year one Harry in a blue jacket, and Hermione from year one in black robes like the CMF. The jacket was new. I only saw it for 10 seconds, but it was great

The leakers name?

I really dig the Sirius minifigure. I think that Luke’s TLJ hairpiece works really well. I also quite like the face print. I am hoping he has an alternate expression. Overall, this is a really good figure and general representation of the character. Can not wait for the official images.

6 minutes ago, LDDproductions said:

He also showed me Fudge, he had gray eye brows, I can’t tell if it’s an existing face, he had a black torso and legs with some highlights and a hood on. He’s not from the advent but still.

Black clothes and a hood =/= Fudge. 

He never wears a hood during the entire series, and he stays away from really dark colors in the 3rd and 4th installments. 

12 minutes ago, Scarlet_Patronus said:

Yet still no official pictures ? 

Don't worry, last year we hit 200 before we got official pictures.  Under budget and ahead of schedule!

Edited by RODDY

16 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Black clothes and a hood =/= Fudge. 

He never wears a hood during the entire series, and he stays away from really dark colors in the 3rd and 4th installments. 

What he saw was probably parts of Fudge mixed with parts of Macnair, but Fudge does wear dark gray/black clothes to Buckbeak’s “execution”. With a black bowler hat 

I really hope they at least use Moody’s hair piece for an OOTP Sirius figure since his hair has a little bit more of a trim in that film

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

1 hour ago, Latibus said:

Let me know if I'm not allowed to post this but am I missing anything?

I’m not sure what the policy is on linking to leaks. (And I think the only things you’re missing are Harry and Krum’s Yule Ball torsos)

Edited by Accio Lego

I love the new Sirius figure, but I'm no fan of the hair. Still useful for Bucky, now only 1 in black for Loki. Still in this case I rather had the madeye hair in dark brown.

4 hours ago, Latibus said:

Let me know if I'm not allowed to post this but am I missing anything?

As far as I know you've got everything, although I think there are higher quality/better lighting photos of the Triwizard champions out there where Cedric and Krum have the right faces on.

Leaked Sirius minifig ...

His chest is white?

I noticed recently LEGO has skipped printing flesh tones on neck/chest portion of the torso.