Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

6 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

So many new colours for medium legs, I'm so excited!

Anyway. Dumbledore looks pretty good, same with Fleur. 

But did Hermione really need ANOTHER new moulded wig? That's budget that could be going to Marvel, damnit. 

Its a reused piece introduced for Wonder Woman (Gal Gadot version)

5 hours ago, LDDproductions said:

In the books, Cedric transfigured an object (I believe it was a rock), into a Labrador Retirevor to distract the horntail to get his egg.

Only Harry fought the Horntail, the other champions had different dragons

1 minute ago, OrangeChiliPeP said:

Hopefully we see a new dragon mold soon. Any evidence for it right now?

There isn’t and won’t be any evidence because the Dragon isn’t moulded ?

7 hours ago, Tariq j said:

That would be a good choice, they could even use Filch's headpiece in white. I'm also exited to see what the Shrunken Head will look like :excited:

I think Filch’s is again too tame for Ernie, his hair curls up like horns at the back, that’s why either the Ollivander hair or the hair they used before would be the best

10 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

I think Filch’s is again too tame for Ernie, his hair curls up like horns at the back, that’s why either the Ollivander hair or the hair they used before would be the best

I’d also prefer Doc Brown’s hair, the widow’s peak hairpiece is just way overused :laugh:

11 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

There isn’t and won’t be any evidence because the Dragon isn’t moulded

Not even the head or its wings? :sad:

3 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I’d also prefer Doc Brown’s hair, the widow’s peak hairpiece is just way overused :laugh:

Oh yeah, I’ll second that

4 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Not even the head or its wings? :sad:

Oh yeah, the head and wings are brickbuilt, but that was on a the prelim build, so it may end up not being mould (I hope it is)

34 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Oh yeah, I’ll second that

Oh yeah, the head and wings are brickbuilt, but that was on a the prelim build, so it may end up not being mould (I hope it is)

Didn't you say that the proto build for the horntail used the molded thunder-bird head as a stand-in? Also was the build for the dragon mostly brown or a dark red? 

Loving the focus on magical beasts in sets so far! After this wave Lego will have covered most of them apart from the merpeople, Fawkes and werewolf Lupin, all of which could hopefully come in a second minifigure series. Hopefully if there are some Order of the Pheonix sets next year we could get some more Thestrals (I loved the new mold they used in the carriage). I also think that once Lego have covered the most recognisable scenes and locations from each film they will go back to fill in the gaps as long as the theme is successful and Fantastic Beasts films are still coming out (I just really want another Chamber of Secrets). 

I guess we’ll see soon if the Horntail makes use of new moulded parts since there’s not much left of the June wave to be leaked, in terms of minifigs and animals that is :classic: 

1 hour ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Didn't you say that the proto build for the horntail used the molded thunder-bird head as a stand-in? Also was the build for the dragon mostly brown or a dark red? 

Loving the focus on magical beasts in sets so far! After this wave Lego will have covered most of them apart from the merpeople, Fawkes and werewolf Lupin, all of which could hopefully come in a second minifigure series. Hopefully if there are some Order of the Pheonix sets next year we could get some more Thestrals (I loved the new mold they used in the carriage). I also think that once Lego have covered the most recognisable scenes and locations from each film they will go back to fill in the gaps as long as the theme is successful and Fantastic Beasts films are still coming out (I just really want another Chamber of Secrets). 

On the topic of animals, I really hope somewhere down the line lego will include Pigwigeon and Arnold in a set. Even though they're not in the movies I'd love to get them! 

BTW, does anyone know why they weren't included in the movies, especially Pigwigeon is one of the major animal characters in the franchise I'd say (same goes for Peeves tbh, but as he was included in one of the old sets there's still hope for him)

I think what’s really good about the Fantastic Beasts sets is that the beasts will be the focal points, so whilst we might not get huge builds or massive fight scenes, we should hopefully get all the cool animals :wub:

I’m really disappointed at no Chamber of Secrets, Fluffy or Shrieking Shack so far though... 

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

On the topic of animals, I really hope somewhere down the line lego will include Pigwigeon and Arnold in a set. Even though they're not in the movies I'd love to get them! 

BTW, does anyone know why they weren't included in the movies, especially Pigwigeon is one of the major animal characters in the franchise I'd say (same goes for Peeves tbh, but as he was included in one of the old sets there's still hope for him)

Arnold has a cameo. It could be this part image.png.19f535a02ed7e7f4533be5ed930cc949.png in pink with printed face

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

(same goes for Peeves tbh, but as he was included in one of the old sets there's still hope for him)

The whole reason there was a Peeves in the first wave was because those sets were based on pre-release concept art that actually included him, though. So since he was cut from the final film I think there may not be hope for him as a minifig, though my ever-optimistic side hopes he might turn up in a Fantastic Beasts sequel.

3 minutes ago, tafkatb said:

The whole reason there was a Peeves in the first wave was because those sets were based on pre-release concept art that actually included him, though. So since he was cut from the final film I think there may not be hope for him as a minifig, though my ever-optimistic side hopes he might turn up in a Fantastic Beasts sequel.

The origins of Peeves? I would love that!! Be such a good Easter egg for fans of the books! 

6 minutes ago, tafkatb said:

Now you give me high hopes :look: xD

On a sidenote, I made a small edit for myself to see how dumbledore will look like with the right body, I really like him, can't wait to get my hands on him.

16 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

It is the final look as well, it's just that the actual materials used were all quite shiny and reflective so that in the movie scene the costume ends up looking even lighter and paler. LEGO doesn't have colours quite that pale, so I'm glad they went with the colours they did for the robes rather than going for silver-ish. Only the hat colour is a bit wrong.

I wish they had gone with silver/shades or grey because the colors LEGO used there kind of clash 

1 hour ago, Scarlet_Patronus said:

I think what’s really good about the Fantastic Beasts sets is that the beasts will be the focal points, so whilst we might not get huge builds or massive fight scenes, we should hopefully get all the cool animals :wub:

I’m really disappointed at no Chamber of Secrets, Fluffy or Shrieking Shack so far though... 

I don't think we're going to get anymore sets from the first two Fantastic Beasts films but I hope the Swooping Evil returns in the upcoming films as I'd really like a molded version of it. Same for the Baby Nifflers! Shame the Zouwu would probably be too complex to mold or brick-build.

Chamber of Secrets and Fluffy would be amazing! I'm not so fussed about the Shrieking Shack though as we never got a good look at the exterior in the films so it would probably be quite a boring build. At least we've got almost all the characters from that scene besides Wormtail (I really hope the Sirius minifigure from the Patronus sets leaks soon). 

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

There's four different owls at the moment but I really hope Lego make a new mold for them in flight. I imagine there will be a new Burrow set next year which would probably be the best place for Ginny and Arnold the Pygmypuff. 

9 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

There's four different owls at the moment but I really hope Lego make a new mold for them in flight. I imagine there will be a new Burrow set next year which would probably be the best place for Ginny and Arnold the Pygmypuff. 

I’m really hoping for a Deathly Hallows release of The Burrow. Now we’ve seen the Yule Ball minifgures, I think this shows that the idea of a wedding-themed Burrow isn’t completely outside the realms of possibility. Plus, the last Burrow was based of Half-Blood Prince and if we get remakes from the most recent HP wave it makes sense to add something a little different *crosses fingers* 

26 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

I don't think we're going to get anymore sets from the first two Fantastic Beasts films but I hope the Swooping Evil returns in the upcoming films as I'd really like a molded version of it. Same for the Baby Nifflers! Shame the Zouwu would probably be too complex to mold or brick-build.

Chamber of Secrets and Fluffy would be amazing! I'm not so fussed about the Shrieking Shack though as we never got a good look at the exterior in the films so it would probably be quite a boring build. At least we've got almost all the characters from that scene besides Wormtail (I really hope the Sirius minifigure from the Patronus sets leaks soon). 

I really don't see the baby Nifflers happening, the current Niffler mold is already the smallest it can be. I don't see them making a creature smaller than that.

As for the Shrieking Shack, we're not getting it this wave as the confidential 55$ set is (apparantly) the graveyard from GoF

7 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Arnold the Pygmy Puff made a cameo, although his color was changed from purple to pink. Pigwidgeon actually appeared in some promotional stills, but apparently they decided to to film anything with him in it (given his scenes in the book, I imagine it had to do with some tasks being too difficult for the animal actors to preform). As other people have said, Peeves was originally slated to be in the first movie, they even cast an actor and shot scenes, but he was cut, presumably after Lego was given ideas to make sets from. 

5 hours ago, Scarlet_Patronus said:

The origins of Peeves? I would love that!! Be such a good Easter egg for fans of the books! 

Peeves has been around nearly as long as Hogwarts, so don’t count on an origin story. But who knows, Rowling might find a way to sneak him in a scene 

5 hours ago, Scarlet_Patronus said:

I’m really hoping for a Deathly Hallows release of The Burrow. Now we’ve seen the Yule Ball minifgures, I think this shows that the idea of a wedding-themed Burrow isn’t completely outside the realms of possibility. Plus, the last Burrow was based of Half-Blood Prince and if we get remakes from the most recent HP wave it makes sense to add something a little different *crosses fingers* 

^^^This. This is how I want them to do the Burrow remake so much. 

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

As for the Shrieking Shack, we're not getting it this wave as the confidential 55$ set is (apparantly) the graveyard from GoF

Never say never. Last year we were supposed to be getting the Knight Bus instead of the Hogwarts Express. The August sets weren’t behind the curtain at Toy Fair, so all the information we have on the is second hand here-say. I’m confident the list for June is correct based on the leaks we’ve seen, but I’ll remain skeptical on the August rumors. 

6 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Am I right in thinking that there were three confidential sets rumoured for August? I remember hearing about one which was meant to be $15 and another which was the Knight Bus but can't remember the prices of the others. Could the Knight Bus be the $55 set or was there another smaller set listed as well? :look:

3 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Am I right in thinking that there were three confidential sets rumoured for August? I remember hearing about one which was meant to be $15 and another which was the Knight Bus but can't remember the prices of the others. Could the Knight Bus be the $55 set or was there another smaller set listed as well? :look:

I don’t know where you heard that but it’s wrong, the €55 set is the Graveyard, the Knight Bus is coming in June

A list came to light a little while ago that had 3 ‘confidential’ sets listed - one for 15, one in the 40 something range, and the 55 one. It also had the Expecto Patronum, Hagrid’s Hut, First Task and Clocktower sets listed with thier prices. 

Since we know from people behind the curtain at Toy Fair and the leaked Ernie Prang torso that the Knight Bus is coming in June, we're presuming the 40-ish confidential set is the Knight Bus, leaving the 15 and 55 sets as the August releases. 

As far as what they are - so far we’ve only had people claiming second hand sources, so take any outright convictions on what the August sets are going to be with a pinch of salt. 

B

10 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I thought pigwedion was included at the end of PoA maybe I'm wrong 

June:

75945 Expecto Patronum - $15

75946 Triwizard Tournament - $35

75947 Hagrid's Hut: Buckbeak Rescue - $50

75948 Hogwarts Clock Tower - $90

75957 Knight Bus - $40

August:

75958 Graveyard ~ $55

75965 Unknown ~ $15

September:

75964 LEGO Harry Potter Advent Calendar- $40

10 minutes ago, notarealperson said:

B

You're likely mistaking the book for the movie. He gets it on the train at the end of the third book. There's no such scene in the movie.

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

June:

75945 Expecto Patronum - $15

75946 Triwizard Tournament - $35

75947 Hagrid's Hut: Buckbeak Rescue - $50

75948 Hogwarts Clock Tower - $90

75957 Knight Bus - $40

August:

75958 Graveyard ~ $55

75965 Unknown ~ $15

September:

75964 LEGO Harry Potter Advent Calendar- $40

You’re mixing dollars and euros up, so most of the prices are wrong

Just now, Ultron said:

You're likely mistaking the book for the movie. He gets it on the train at the end of the third book. There's no such scene in the movie.

He’s in Half Blood Prince, that’s the only film that he’s in

10 minutes ago, notarealperson said: