Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

I suppose I shouldn’t get too caught up in where locations within Hogwarts end up in these sets. The layout of Hogwarts changes with almost every movie so if it’s accurate to one, it’s likely inaccurate to another

1 hour ago, Accio Lego said:

Edit: as for the ‘no new mold for Crookshanks’ thing, I’ve been thinking - when was the last time we got more than 1 new animal mold in a licensed CMF? Is it possible that the designers had to choose between a new fluffy cat and a new, bigger snake, and ultimately decided that Nagini needed the new mold more than Crookshanks? 

It is possible the budget was used up, but we got the niffler as well, so there is two animals in one series.. It is odd they give us plenty of dog breads, but only one cat in different colours, maybe the cat species are too similar compared to dogs?

1 hour ago, Accio Lego said:

Fang is actually a type of mastiff, and isn’t shaggy at all. A Fang mold couldn’t be recolored as Padfoot, there’s no resemblance.

I agree, they would never do that now, the time were one dog mould where used for every dog is gone :wink:

9DkKnr5.jpgSo are they kinda structuring the sets like this? The red area is 75954, the blue one is 75953, and the green one is the upcoming set (or sets)? Or am I just reaching here?

3 minutes ago, Phyranion said:

So are they kinda structuring the sets like this? The red area is 75954, the blue one is 75953, and the green one is the upcoming set (or sets)? Or am I just reaching here?

No it sounds like the clock tower we are getting is the one behind the Great Hall and the main tower. Similar in shape to that building but not the same one. It’ll probably connect directly to the other side of the Great Hall

As much as I love the sets we got last year and it sounds like I’ll love this year’s lineup as well, I feel like I have to say I’m really not a fan of Lego only giving us half of each building. The big open back takes a lot away from the look of it

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

3 hours ago, Phyranion said:

So are they kinda structuring the sets like this? The red area is 75954, the blue one is 75953, and the green one is the upcoming set (or sets)? Or am I just reaching here?

I think you’re right- that makes me feel better for the description not lining up with the classic clocktower from prisoner of Azkaban, but instead this, there’s hope!

28 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

No it sounds like the clock tower we are getting is the one behind the Great Hall and the main tower. Similar in shape to that building but not the same one. It’ll probably connect directly to the other side of the Great Hall

As much as I love the sets we got last year and it sounds like I’ll love this year’s lineup as well, I feel like I have to say I’m really not a fan of Lego only giving us half of each building. The big open back takes a lot away from the look of it

Lego is already very expensive, if they made all buildings enclosed kids won't be able to buy big sets because they're more expensive. I guess they'll leave the 360 degree experience to some of the D2C's

8 minutes ago, Legoniche said:

I think you’re right- that makes me feel better for the description not lining up with the classic clocktower from prisoner of Azkaban, but instead this, there’s hope!

That building on the right isn’t a clock tower. That round thing at the top is a window. The clock tower is on the other side of the school, they’ll probably connect it to the other side of the Great Hall 

45 minutes ago, Legoniche said:

The one on the right I hope is next years big set. It will be similar in style to the 2007 hogwarts castle they did for Order of the Phoenix. So would fit with this trend of kinda remaking the flagship sets of the past (the great hall set seems based around the original hogwarts set, and this years seems to be a remake of the year 3 set).

Would be awesome because last year covers the left side, this year the back, and next year maybe the right side.

i hope we get an owlery tower in some form. It played a role in Goblet if fire, so I hoped to see it in the clock tower set. But it would work as a small set or side build

Just now, Whovastron said:

The one on the right I hope is next years big set. It will be similar in style to the 2007 hogwarts castle they did for Order of the Phoenix. So would fit with this trend of kinda remaking the flagship sets of the past (the great hall set seems based around the original hogwarts set, and this years seems to be a remake of the year 3 set).

Would be awesome because last year covers the left side, this year the back, and next year maybe the right side.

i hope we get an owlery tower in some form. It played a role in Goblet if fire, so I hoped to see it in the clock tower set. But it would work as a small set or side build

And then maybe the year thereafter, for Half Blood Prince or Deathly Hallows Part 2 they could do the Astronomy Tower

Just now, diepotato47 said:

And then maybe the year thereafter, for Half Blood Prince or Deathly Hallows Part 2 they could do the Astronomy Tower

I’m really looking forward to that. I think it’s one of the best looking buildings in the castle, and obviously it would fit well with HBP. And then some other build down the line can be some of the towers behind the Astronomy tower which can include the greenhouses and we could maybe finally get a Professor Sprout. But I’m getting way too ahead of myself here

Just now, diepotato47 said:

Would make sense for the year after too following this pattern. There’s 4 building in the 2010 set. The great hall, the main tower, the astronomy tower, and a building resembling the 2007 set (it seems to be a condensed version of the building to the right of the castle, there’s a large tower behind the part we get in the UCS set so it kinda resembles the 2007 set when looked at head on) so with the hall, tower, and that building already done in Lego. The 4th large hogwarts set could be based on the 2010 set by including the only new building - the astronomy tower!

Last year, when the pictures were revealed, I built all of them on LDD based on the pictures, it was a fun challenge, I can’t wait to do it with these! (LDD seriously needs another update btw)

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

4 hours ago, Roebuck said:

It is possible the budget was used up, but we got the niffler as well, so there is two animals in one series.. It is odd they give us plenty of dog breads, but only one cat in different colours, maybe the cat species are too similar compared to dogs?

I agree, they would never do that now, the time were one dog mould where used for every dog is gone :wink:

The niffler also appeared in the Suitcase set. I kind of figured any new molds that appeared in the cmf and the sets used the sets mold budget, i.e. the new rat, golden snitch, Harry’s hair etc. Technically, there were 3 animals in the cmf that were new in 2018, but Nagini was the only one not to appear before the cmf. 

There are plenty of variations between cat breeds, but unlike dogs, they’re not as noticeable at tiny Lego scale. The only different variation the could do is a longhair cat, but it’s easier the pass of the standard cat as Crookshanks than it is to justify using the old standard shepherd type dog mold to fill in for any of the toy dogs that have been added to the Lego kennel in recent years. Which is probably why we have more dog variations than cats. 

(Fingers crossed on the new dog being Fang. Not that I wouldn’t be happy with a new padfoot, but tiny face wrinkles!)

Thanks LDD and mapi for the renders/sketches!!! I'm even more excited now. Patronus, clock/watch tower, first task and the hut will be day one purchases for sure! 

1 hour ago, LordVoldemort said:

Like I said a while back- the watchtower is not the clocktower. The Clock tower (pendulum) is coming in the wave involving the 7th movie/Hogwarts battle. If i'm not mistaken I believe we are getting LEGO's interpretation of the Astronomy tower. (front half)

And you were already told you were wrong, the 7th movie sets are not even being discussed yet seen as we have Order and Prince to go first, and they will be waiting to see how these sell to see whether to do another wave, if anything the “watchtower” which is actually called the “Lookout Tower”, so you’re wrong about that too, would be in the year 7 sets as that is where Harry and Voldemort fight

On 3/11/2019 at 7:58 PM, TheRandomBlocker said:

And you were already told you were wrong, the 7th movie sets are not even being discussed yet seen as we have Order and Prince to go first, and they will be waiting to see how these sell to see whether to do another wave, if anything the “watchtower” which is actually called the “Lookout Tower”, so you’re wrong about that too, would be in the year 7 sets as that is where Harry and Voldemort fight

If you actually think LEGO hasn’t plotted out every castle piece/connection before they rolled out the first wave you are very mistaken lol. There is only so much of Hogwarts you can do- and it is all spread out strategically across pre planned waves. 

Edited by LordVoldemort

4 minutes ago, LordVoldemort said:

If you actually think LEGO hasn’t plotted out every castle piece/connection before they rolled out the first wave you are very mistaken lol. There is only so much of Hogwarts you can do- and it is all spread out strategically across pre planned waves. 

This set is not the clocktower building. They are saving that for the last wave complete with courtyard (Voldemort/Harry duel)

Please refrain from stating your personal opinions as facts, none of us know if they’ve planned that far ahead and throwing out false claims based on speciulation is only confusing people and inciting argument on the forum.

I personally hope they do follow a certain path of getting us a complete castle from all of the waves, and I think it is very likely but I have no evidence to support my claim.

Heres a guess based on evidence we've had so far (I'm not "wish-listing") - Can anyone confirm or deny?

Hagrids Hut: Hagrid, Harry, Ron, Hermione, Fudge, Macnair, Buckbeak, Fang

Clocktower: Harry, Hermione, Dumbledore, Pomfrey, Draco, ?, ?, ?, ?

First Task: Harry, Cedric, Krum, Fleur

Expecto Patronum: Stag, Sirius, Harry, Dementor

If the set is indeed based on the tent scene, then that might mean they are going to produce microscale dragons molds

Image result for harry potter mini dragon gif

Just now, GryffindorResistance said:

Heres a guess based on evidence we've had so far (I'm not "wish-listing") - Can anyone confirm or deny?

These are mostly in line with what we know - except the Clocktower. We’ve already seen leaked torsos that confirm the large castle set is going to feature a Yule Ball scene. So far we’ve got Fleur, Krum and Harry for sure, most likely Ron and Hermione as well, and Madam Maxime is also rumored to appear. Can’t remember who the last 2 are supposed to be Dumbledore and Cedric maybe?

no sign of Pomfrey sadly (and sorry if you were hoping for Draco but unless they found a place for him in the August sets we’re not getting him this wave)

This set is not the clocktower building. They are saving that for the last wave complete with courtyard (Voldemort/Harry duel)

You do know the final battle between harry and Voldemort takes place in the courtyard in front of the great hall?

But that fight doesn't even happen in the clock tower and the courtyard battle happens in front of the great Hall (which we already have). The only movie where the clock tower plays a big role is in poa, so it's really now or never. The only important scene from deathly hallows that happens there is the one where Neville blows up the bridge.

2 hours ago, LordVoldemort said:

The set IS the Clocktower, you need to stop spreading lies around because you obviously don’t know what you’re on about, as others have stated the fight between Voldemort and Harry doesn’t take place near the Clocktower, the tower that they fight near/in (as I’ve already stated) is the Lookout Tower, the same tower that Lupin and Kingsley defend during the first part of fighting, and also,

the whole “my (x family member/friend) works for Lego” thing is old, they wouldn’t tell some random person that may or may not work for them their plans for the next year, let alone next few years, they may have planned out their portions of the castle, but you don’t know what they are any more than of the rest of us

Edited by TheRandomBlocker

7 hours ago, Whovastron said:

The owlery is included in the Whomping Willow set (albeit considerably minimized)

3 hours ago, LordVoldemort said:

I'm sure lego has a general idea what to do with future castle expansions but this is the only movie they can do the clocktower for. And as many said before Voldy and Harry dueled in the viaduct courtyard in front of the great hall, in the books they dueled inside the great hall. No clocktower

2 hours ago, GryffindorResistance said:

They're all correct except for the clocktower, that set is rumored to have Dumbledore, Fleur, Harry, Hermione, Madame Maxime, Ron and Krum (with at least Fleur, Harry and Krum confirmed to have their Yule Ball outfits)