Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

I’ll try and find a way. If someone here has Instagram, direct message me on @lddproductions_ and I will send you the file, and if it’s not a problem could you post it for me?

Aight I can’t post it, so click here to see the mock ? 

This is supposed to be what the summer set will look like based on what TRB has told us! I tried to make it how he described it! Keep in mind some parts were available on Lego Digital Designer such as the new window paints aswell as the candles, so know I would have used them.

56 minutes ago, Legoniche said:

Tbf we are normal people- it’s common to use abbreviations dw mate. 

*to be fair 

*dont worry 

To be fare you are not a moderator on this site, and to be fare for all of the people on here for whom English is not their first language, it's important to us that actual words are used, not abbreviations!

We even have a very broad range of ages on Eurobricks, and you can be sure that not everyone knows what abbreviations mean.

Therefore, yes worry if you're making light of the rules I am enforcing and not sticking to them. I'm not out to punish people, but our rules aren't just pulled out of thin air - there's a very good reason for everything.

Hey LDD, your mock looks great! Nice job! And thank you for sharing.

So I just hope the Clock Tower has a middle section that comes forward a bit like the one in the film. I imagine the other side would have tough playability if the middle section is a deep niche, but looking at the film, it isnt deep, which is perfect!

One more comment, i remember putting together the original 2004 set and i recall finding the moving stairs to be such a pleasant surprise!  It probably wont happen this time but that's fine.

Also, thank you TheRandomBlocker for sharing what you've seen and answering all our many questions! ?

Just now, joeee said:

Also, thank you TheRandomBlocker for sharing what you've seen and answering all our many questions! ?

No problem at all, I’m happy to help and be of service ?

7 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

To be fare you are not a moderator on this site, and to be fare for all of the people on here for whom English is not their first Language.

Please don’t tell people to use correct English and then mis-spell something twice (‘fare’ is when you pay for a ticket or something similar. Fair is correct in this context.) I understand where you’re coming from, a lot of the time I have to Google what the abbreviations mean, but it’s not that big a deal

9 minutes ago, GamerBambii said:

Please don’t tell people to use correct English and then mis-spell something twice (‘fare’ is when you pay for a ticket or something similar. Fair is correct in this context.) I understand where you’re coming from, a lot of the time I have to Google what the abbreviations mean, but it’s not that big a deal

Thanks so much for the correction, but this isn't a debate. We can have a chat privately. I'll refer everyone to the following items in our guidelines:

On 6/15/2008 at 12:17 PM, Siegfried said:

English skills and Clarity: Try to be clear and precise when posting and use correct grammar, spelling and punctuation. We do tolerate bad English as we are a site that welcomes users from all around the world, but we don't tolerate laziness. No l33t sp34k or "texting language". We don't criticize international users who are non-native English speakers, but are trying to post in English. You probably couldn't do as well in their language. Bear this in mind.

Staff: The staff are here to help you. Do not debate staff issues with them. Feel free to make suggestions as we are happy to hear them, but if you are told that something is against policy, the discussion is over. 

By registering on this site, you agree to having read and understood all of the terms herein. You also agree that you have never been a registered member at any time previously. Multiple accounts will result in instant banning.

It's really not difficult everyone, just follow the guidelines. Anyone else that wants to have a go can take it to this topic.

8 hours ago, LDDproductions said:

Thanks!

Thank you so much for rendering this! Definitely not what I expected as I was expecting the Clock Tower to be far taller. I guess it was designed so the interior is big enough to fit the Yule Ball inside. Just out of curiousity do you have a rendering of the Great Hall and Whomping Willow sets from last year? Very curious to see what they all look like once connected together 

@TheRandomBlocker You’ve stated that the inside of Hagrid’s Hut was empty. Nonetheless, can you describe how the two rooms of Hagrid’s Hut are connected (if it even is the two-room version in the first place)? Or is it just one room as in previous versions? And how does it open up? I imagine the opening mechanism is a bit trickier than before :purrr:

2 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I imagine the opening mechanism is a bit trickier than before

It can't be trickier than the 2001 version :tongue: 

Whether is turns out to be accurate or not, that MOC is awesome!

I was hoping the new clock tower would turn out to look close to the 2004 one. Was probably my favourite set from back in the day, got it for Christmas and it's still at the parent's house safely stored away.

Since we only saw the four champions leak, is it likely they are the only four figs included in the First Task set? Figs change between demo models and release, and I'm guessing whoever the leaker is grabbed all of the ones from that set. Just my two cents.

12 minutes ago, Jawaguy4 said:

It can't be trickier than the 2001 version :tongue: 

Haha, you’re absolutely correct, that was a right hassle :laugh_hard: Watching just2good’s video on it gave me some weird flashbacks involving rubber bands, sweat and fury :laugh:

2 hours ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Thank you so much for rendering this! Definitely not what I expected as I was expecting the Clock Tower to be far taller. I guess it was designed so the interior is big enough to fit the Yule Ball inside. Just out of curiousity do you have a rendering of the Great Hall and Whomping Willow sets from last year? Very curious to see what they all look like once connected together 

Sadly I do not, however I made the dimensions to scale with the great hall on purpose. L8ke how TRB described it, it’s slimmer, yet taller than the great hall with a tower on the side!

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

@TheRandomBlocker You’ve stated that the inside of Hagrid’s Hut was empty. Nonetheless, can you describe how the two rooms of Hagrid’s Hut are connected (if it even is the two-room version in the first place)? Or is it just one room as in previous versions? And how does it open up? I imagine the opening mechanism is a bit trickier than before :purrr:

It’s modelled on PoA onwards, but it’s open backed, like Hogwarts, so there’s no opening mechanism ?, and they are connected like most Lego, with bricks ??, joking aside, it’s genuinely just built up

3 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

Thanks so much for the correction, but this isn't a debate. We can have a chat privately. I'll refer everyone to the following items in our guidelines:

It's really not difficult everyone, just follow the guidelines. Anyone else that wants to have a go can take it to this topic.

I don’t want to debate with you, but are compound words such as don’t, won’t, we’ll, he’ll and others aloud? I don’t want to break another rule!

Just now, TheRandomBlocker said:

It’s modelled on PoA onwards, but it’s open backed, like Hogwarts, so there’s no opening mechanism ?, and they are connected like most Lego, with bricks ??, joking aside, it’s genuinely just built up

Does the design of the clocktower moc seem close to what we’re getting?

Just now, TheRandomBlocker said:

Edited by LDDproductions
Didn’t mean to repeat myself.

4 minutes ago, LDDproductions said:

Does the design of the clocktower moc seem close to what we’re getting?

I sent it over to my colleague whose main job was to take down notes for the builds of the sets and he said it’s pretty accurate, however he did say that he’s not sure whether the Clocktower is coming out in June or August now because “changes need to be made”, but I’m not sure, my job was figures and moulds luckily ?

So a person on instagram who was there as well when the HP sets got shown first sent me those sketches of the sets (I can not upload them here so I uploaded them on my insta:)

can you confirm this @TheRandomBlocker

I’ve just seen scotches of the new sets, and the clock tower looks exactly like mine including the tower.

This confirms what the Random Blocker has told us as true. Thank you Random Blocker for helping us get this early info?! You’re defiantly a reliable source and we should not have ever doubted you!