Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

5 minutes ago, Lego Lad said:

I think it is a $90 set, and so was the Great Hall from last year right? So I'm guessing it will have 3-4 rooms in total, maybe just 2, who knows.

My guess for the clocktower is that is has the Yule Ball, (insert name’s) classroom; and the medical wing.

would make sense to have the medical wing; it’s 100% established it’s in there, and they could include Madame pomfrey.

(Side note, for the potential Order/Prince wave, the Hogwarts Set has to be the Astronomy Tower/right side of Hogwarts right?)

Edited by Whovastron

Just now, Whovastron said:

would make sense to have the medical wing; it’s 100% established it’s in there, and they could include Madame pomfrey.

(Side note, for the potential Order/Prince wave, the Hogwarts Set has to be the Astronomy Tower/right side of Hogwarts right?)

Wait a second, would they make either a room of requirement or astronomy tower set for the 2020 wave in case the wave is based off 5-6?

Edited by HalfBloodPrince

Just now, Whovastron said:

I love that idea and hope it happens! A good spot to put Dumbledore on my display - right at the base of the tower!

Just now, diepotato47 said:

I love that idea and hope it happens! A good spot to put Dumbledore on my display - right at the base of the tower!

Bruh lol.

Just now, HalfBloodPrince said:

Wait a second, would they make either a room of requirement or astronomy tower set for the 2020 wave in case the wave is based off 5-6?

I’m thinking both. Have a main building that represents the big building at the right side of the castle (what’s across the bridge in the D2C) and then the astronomy tower off to the side. In the main building you can inflict the room of requirement and Umbridge’s office., and then slughorns party in the tower or something.

42 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

No!! Don’t do that, stick some tape over the parts you don’t want to remove then get rid of the rest with an eraser

Really? An eraser? Huh, I never would have thought an eraser would take it off but I would much rather do that than try a coin and damage the piece 

26 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Really? An eraser? Huh, I never would have thought an eraser would take it off but I would much rather do that than try a coin and damage the piece 

Yeah, the coin would 100% damage the piece, I have used an eraser many times, most notable was for of my custom Jude Law Dumbledore, got the inspiration from one of my mates

Edited by TheRandomBlocker

Just now, TheRandomBlocker said:

Yeah, the coin would 100% damage the piece, I have used an eraser many times, most notable was for of my custom Jude Law Dumbledore, got the inspiration from one of my mates

Nice, I’ll have to try that. I’ve never attempted to remove printing before but I think this Krum thing warrants it. But I definitely think this is still a spectacular wave!

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Nice, I’ll have to try that. I’ve never attempted to remove printing before but I think this Krum thing warrants it. But I definitely think this is still a spectacular wave!

I have to 100% agree with that, and honestly, removing prints gives a nice sense of customisation that wouldn’t be there with other toys, just make sure to cover the parts you want with tape so you don’t accidentally erase any of them parts

5 hours ago, RODDY said:

Personally I would much prefer the Second Task to the Shrieking Shack. The minifig selection would be alot better as we are already getting Sirius, and if the Graveyard is true, we will get Wormtail regardless.

Now you made me really want a second task set with everything you wrote! I think it would have Shark krum, gillyweed harry, one mermaid... and I'm not sure about the "chained victims" and Fleur/Cedric, including all seems unrealistic, but it surely would include ron and gabrielle! Both with messy hairpieces.

The 2005 merpeople and graveyard set retailed at 20 and 30 dollars respectively. If we think about it, both the graveyard duel and merpeople scene have a small setting, they could easily be the same size if LEGO wanted to, so I don't think we will be getting both of them as $55 for either sounds too pricey. The 2005 shrieking shack was $50 so.. this one seems more plausible.

I mean yeah the graveyard set was a lot bigger than the merpeople set (because it had the amount of background props they just didn't give the merpeople set) But I don't think it can get bigger than that, not for $55. So, as the mermaid told Harry Potter during the second task.. "OoNly oOne!"  *points trident at neck

Man this graveyard/merpeople talk gets me right into the flashback train. I remember being at toys R us when I was 9 y.o. deciding between those two sets, and picking up the bigger one? Which I do not regret, I loved building houses with the fences later on!

Edited by Otherworld

I don’t get why so many people are very upset with these head prints. I know I’m late, (and this has likely been stated), but just replace the heads if you don’t like them and be happy we’re getting the characters to begin with.

Just now, LDDproductions said:

I don’t get why so many people are very upset with these head prints. I know I’m late, (and this has likely been stated), but just replace the heads if you don’t like them and be happy we’re getting the characters to begin with.

Agreed, Cedric and Fleur’s heads are far superior to the 2005 versions.

11 hours ago, Robert8 said:

It seems the actual set will be exactly like the fake edit that has been posted here several times :oh:

I mean, what else could it be? Hagrid's Hut with Buckbeak Escape has to have precisely those things, and the hoax mockup has a sufficiently-mimicked TLG aesthetic, so....

But that edit was made months ago. Way before we knew the list or even before we knew Harry Potter was getting more sets this year 

Where are people seeing these heads? I'm only seeing the Riddler. 

Granted, Buckbeak and Harry's Patronus both look brilliant. If the Patronus is really in a set the same size as Aragog and also comes with a Dememtor and a new Sirius Black, that set is a must-have for me. Even though I know it'll be a repeat of Harry (at least give us him in his uniform this time so I can make a generic student for Hogwarts).

Hopeful that the Horntail will be at least a Ninjago-level quality of design. And won't look like a carbon copy of Firstborne. 

Just now, Robert8 said:

But that edit was made months ago. Way before we knew the list or even before we knew Harry Potter was getting more sets this year 

As I’ve mentioned here before, from what I remember seeing when it first came out, the original artist never intended for the edit to be a fake leak, they just made it for fun to show what Hagrid’s Hut could look like, and they said as much when they posted it. 

As far as how accurate thier predictions were - there were several sets that had multiple versions made over the length of the first series. Almost all of those were remade in the first wave of the reboot, except Hagrid’s Hut and the Knight Bus. It’s not too hard to guess that it would come in the second wave we were all hoping for. The also didn’t get the minifigure line up quite right - dumbledore is in the edit but Ron and fudge aren’t. 

It’s a nicely done edit. Well thought out predictions, but not prophetic (divination is such a woolly subject anyway)

32 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

The fact there is actually such a set coming out is a coincidence; that the fake looks so much like the real set is instead a testament to the hoaxer.

15 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

they just made it for fun to show what Hagrid’s Hut could look like, and they said as much when they posted it. 

:thumbup:

If the patron is set is only £13, I’ll be very surprised if we get 3 figures plus the stag. The Set has to come with harry as it’s his patronus. And it has to come with a dementor to fight with the charm. I think Sirius might not be there. Maybe he’s in the clocktower Set? Someone said there was a side build, it might be the tower he’s locked up in

10 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

If the patron is set is only £13, I’ll be very surprised if we get 3 figures plus the stag. The Set has to come with harry as it’s his patronus. And it has to come with a dementor to fight with the charm. I think Sirius might not be there. Maybe he’s in the clocktower Set? Someone said there was a side build, it might be the tower he’s locked up in

At this point, it’s hard to write off@TheRandomBlocker ‘s list as mere coincidence since he’s got so many specific things right :wink: Scepticism is a good thing, but at one point the evidence should overrule it :classic:

36 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

At this point, it’s hard to write off@TheRandomBlocker ‘s list as mere coincidence since he’s got so many specific things right :wink: Scepticism is a good thing, but at one point the evidence should overrule it :classic:

The only stuff he’s gotten right is buckbeak and the stag, which were rumours anyway. So only really the first task characters he’s gotten right. But anyhow, I’m just basing what I said on the price point, that’s a lot to get in a £13 Set. If it was still the £20 one then sure, but since Azani has given updated prices, I’m not so sure. I’d be amazed if we really get that much, especially as there’s apparently over 100 pieces in the Set too. If there was no build then maybe.

He also got the Yule Ball outfits right and as far as I know, nobody else reported a moulded stag :wink: Was there even another minifig list before his?

29 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

The only stuff he’s gotten right is buckbeak and the stag, which were rumours anyway. So only really the first task characters he’s gotten right. But anyhow, I’m just basing what I said on the price point, that’s a lot to get in a £13 Set. If it was still the £20 one then sure, but since Azani has given updated prices, I’m not so sure. I’d be amazed if we really get that much, especially as there’s apparently over 100 pieces in the Set too. If there was no build then maybe.

That set costs 20 euro, it would be pretty damn bad if Sirius isn't included as he and the patronus are the main selling points for this set

1 hour ago, Whovastron said:

Well the starter sets costs 10$ e.g. Jungle Starter Set - 60157, it has 88 pieces, 3 figs and several animals including a crocodile, so a HP set costing 15$ with a few more parts is not impossible even if it has e new mould :shrug_oh_well: 

4 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

That set costs 20 euro, it would be pretty damn bad if Sirius isn't included as he and the patronus are the main selling points for this set

Azani has said its cost $15 though, same price as the Aragog Set. Either the euro price is wrong or Azani is