Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

5 minutes ago, The Dangerous HC said:

Guess I should’ve said “some of y’all” ??

It is ridiculous, I don’t think you realise how ridiculous you sound, they are easy to remedy, if they can’t afford to print new faces then so be it, you sound like a spoilt little brat, and do you realise how pathetic “I will NOT buy any sets if this really is the case” sounds?! You are the type of person that cries when McDonalds runs out of Chicken Nuggets, bloody ridiculous, and bloody pathetic, I agree with @Lego-Freak I think most of us are happy with the new moulds, just you who isn’t ???‍♂️

I don't eat McDonalds unlike you probably do every day. Now drop dead.

Just now, LegoSims20 said:

I don't eat McDonalds unlike you probably do every day. Now drop dead.

Aren’t you mature, love a casual “drop dead” from some random guy that gets offended over a kid’s toy, you must be what, 12?

Just now, HalfBloodPrince said:

What head could be used for Krum?

I was thinking Poe Dameron’s with a little of the stubble printing erased

Just now, Lego Lad said:

Yeah I am looking forward to how Harry turns out, like with Lloyd's hair piece in black, new face print, and a new torso print for his first task robes (possibly battle damaged). I think Harry in this set will turn out to be one of the best minifigs in this wave, at least to me personally.

I didn’t think Lloyd’s hair wouldn’t work at first, but looking at stills, it totally does.

im so looking forward to the horntail. When I was little and GoF came out, I never got the set. I took a Jurassic Park raptor toy I had and taped paper wings to it to chase my yellow philosophers stone Harry around, to be able to get a horntail 14 years later is so damn exciting!

and then there’s the PoA sets; I had the original knight bus, buckbeak and clocktower. And to be able to get them again so long after they faced into piles of bricks in a box is just so exciting, huge nostalgia trips with this theme, maybe even more than the train and car last year.

Just now, Whovastron said:

im so looking forward to the horntail. When I was little and GoF came out, I never got the set. I took a Jurassic Park raptor toy I had and taped paper wings to it to chase my yellow philosophers stone Harry around, to be able to get a horntail 14 years later is so damn exciting!

I absolutely LOVE this, the creativity of a child is the most amazing thing ever, and I have to agree with the Ninjago hairpiece, I didn't think it would work until I watched the film and it does look very accurate

Just now, Whovastron said:

I didn’t think Lloyd’s hair wouldn’t work at first, but looking at stills, it totally does.

and then there’s the PoA sets; I had the original knight bus, buckbeak and clocktower. And to be able to get them again so long after they faced into piles of bricks in a box is just so exciting, huge nostalgia trips with this theme, maybe even more than the train and car last year.

Yeah it's been a long time coming for a new set based on the first task, I haven't got the original either so I'm happy I will be able to get this new version, honestly I might pick most of these sets, if not all of them as soon as they come out aha.

Just now, Lego Lad said:

Yeah it's been a long time coming for a new set based on the first task, I haven't got the original either so I'm happy I will be able to get this new version, honestly I might pick most of these sets, if not all of them as soon as they come out aha.

I said I never would again after last year (loved the sets, didn't love the rut it left me in financially), but this year I'm better off so I think I might get them all day 1

Just now, Lego Lad said:

I’m very tempted to get all these sets! 

Hopefully the pictures when we get them will be just as good as they sound!  

Just now, The Dangerous HC said:

I said I never would again after last year (loved the sets, didn't love the rut it left me in financially), but this year I'm better off so I think I might get them all day 1

If I can't get them all on day 1 I will probably get the Patronus set and the Triwizard First Task set to start things off aha.

Just now, ArrowBricks said:

Personally only Krum’s head piece looks bad. Can’t have it all anyway! 

Yeah I agree, I’m not a huge fan of Fleur’s so I might change it out but it’s nothing really. Krum’s is the only one that makes go “really lego?” But   I’m definitely just glad we get a new Buckbeak and some of the other minifigs we’re getting, and I’m pumped for that Horntail. Kinda nervous with it being brick built but we’ll see

Just now, Lego Lad said:

If I can't get them all on day 1 I will probably get the Patronus set and the Triwizard First Task set to start things off aha.

for me it would have to be Patronus and Hagrid's Hut sets, just so I can get Sirus and Beaky

Honestly though that statement last page was just utterly ridiculous! Why would you swear off an entire wave just because you don't like 3 headpieces?!

If I'd live by those standards I'll never be able to buy a single set, there will always be things you may not like but just deal with it

Ok, I'm going to give one warning on this: 

There has been some really inappropriate language and personal attacks going on in this thread. I've received close to a dozen reports from this thread alone, over the past two days. If this continues I will close this thread until such a time that we can all collect ourselves. 

If you want to remain a member of this site--drop the personal attacks, the inappropriate language, and respect each other. It's that easy. 

Thanks. 

Last year me and my girlfriend bought the whole lot Day 1 it was so great, she had been indulging in my lego obsession, even venturing a little herself, but she’s obsessed with HP, so that theme returning was like a dream come true. We just spent days building and watching the movie. It was great. Hopefully we can do the same again this year!

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Honestly though that statement last page was just utterly ridiculous! Why would you swear off an entire wave just because you don't like 3 headpieces?!

If I'd live by those standards I'll never be able to buy a single set, there will always be things you may not like but just deal with it

honestly, leave it, any guy that tells someone to drop dead isn't someone to be reasoned with, he shouldn't even be in this forum if he reacts like that, but I'm not a moderator so what can be done

All of these sets are a day one buy for me if my wallet allows. Such a great theme. If I have to pick a few to start with, I really have no idea how choose between these sets

I'll be grabbing the Triwizard set off the shelf first that's for sure aha, the set has the dragon and all four champions in it, it's probably going to be my favourite set of the wave.

5 minutes ago, The Dangerous HC said:

Aren’t you mature, love a casual “drop dead” from some random guy that gets offended over a kid’s toy, you must be what, 12?

I was thinking Poe Dameron’s with a little of the stubble printing erased

Poe’s definitely one of the better options, what about Kili’s head from The Hobbit?

Just now, Lego Lad said:

I'll be grabbing the Triwizard set off the shelf first that's for sure aha, the set has the dragon and all four champions in it, it's probably going to be my favourite set of the wave.

for me it fully depends on how the dragon looks as to when I get it, if it's as good as the FB Occamy and Frank then I'll get it day 1, if not I'll get it with the August sets, how I will definitely have to get HH, Patronus and Clocktower sets straight away, need more additions to my Hogwarts

Just now, Holden Brickfield said:

Poe’s definitely one of the better options, what about Kili’s head from The Hobbit?

can't believe I never thought of that, I own that minifigure too, that could definitely work

3 minutes ago, The Dangerous HC said:

can't believe I never thought of that, I own that minifigure too, that could definitely work

They are both good options but I think Poe is better because his facial expressions line up with Krum’s better. What is the best way to get the printing off without damaging the piece? I thought maybe using a coin to scrape it gently off? 

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

They are both good options but I think Poe is better because his facial expressions line up with Krum’s better. What is the best way to get the printing off without damaging the piece? I thought maybe using a coin to scrape it gently off? 

No!! Don’t do that, stick some tape over the parts you don’t want to remove then get rid of the rest with an eraser

Just now, HalfBloodPrince said:

Does anyone have more information on the Clocktower? I only heard it has the yule ball, but does it have a medical wing?

I think it is a $90 set, and so was the Great Hall from last year right? So I'm guessing it will have 3-4 rooms in total, maybe just 2, who knows.