Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

15 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

All that said, we have no confirmation on what EITHER of the August sets are. Let’s not forget how long people were convinced the second retailer exclusive from last year was going to be the Knight Bus. 

Good point, that Knight Bus rumor was VERY persistent until the Hogwarts Express appeared out of thin air. The rest of the 2018 rumors were quite accurate, from what I recall :classic:

The Graveyard rumor may be a bit more flimsy than I'd like after all since it's really just stonewars.de who have made that claim (the recent "confirmation" was a bogus list from IG that was shot down immediately). They've been pretty reliable, but I can't remember any specific scoops that originated with them. On top of that, they've recently confirmed the rumored Stranger Things set; a rumor I don't believe in the slightest. But just to clarify, it's not the stonewars guys themselves I'm doubting, but rather their sources :wink: It's probably for the best to ignore that rumor for now, at least until more bits of information show up

Edited by Lego-Freak

Personally I would much prefer the Second Task to the Shrieking Shack. The minifig selection would be alot better as we are already getting Sirius, and if the Graveyard is true, we will get Wormtail regardless. Give me new Mermaids, a new Shark piece for Victor Krum, Harry with gillyweed. It would be really odd to get two of the tasks and not do the the last one. Maybe even a piece of those floating towers they jump off. The graveyard being $15 wouldn't surprise me either. They could the do scene where Wormtail takes Harry's blood. I like Lucius but he can always come in a OotP set or Diagon Alley. 

6 minutes ago, RODDY said:

Personally I would much prefer the Second Task to the Shrieking Shack. The minifig selection would be alot better as we are already getting Sirius, and if the Graveyard is true, we will get Wormtail regardless. Give me new Mermaids, a new Shark piece for Victor Krum, Harry with gillyweed. It would be really odd to get two of the tasks and not do the the last one. Maybe even a piece of those floating towers they jump off. The graveyard being $15 wouldn't surprise me either. They could the do scene where Wormtail takes Harry's blood. I like Lucius but he can always come in a OotP set or Diagon Alley. 

I agree, if we get a graveyard set with Wormtail, then the only thing the Shrieking Shack would really have to offer is a werewolf (which would still be enough to make me buy it) but I would rather get all the exclusive versions of the second task champions, mermpeople, and maybe Gabrielle and some moulded Grindylows.

Although, either way, I think if either of those two sets (Shrieking Shack and Second Task) don’t geg made this year, they will certainly be revisited along with a Chamber Of Secrets and some others that got missed the first time around

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

At this point, anything is possible :wink:

BTW, does anyone remember if last year's leaks all happened around the same time or was there a time gap between the HP, FB and D2C Hogwarts Castle leaks? The leaking intervals aren't necessarily proportional to the intervals between set releases (indicated by the circumstance that parts from April releases are being leaked simultaneously with stuff from June releases), but it'd still be interesting to know :classic:

Edit: I just remembered that one of the first leaks was Ollivander, who was ultimately released in a promo set in November. Promotional items don't necessarily follow the same rules as regular sets though, so that's probably not the best example...

Edited by Lego-Freak

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

At this point, anything is possible :wink:

BTW, does anyone remember if last year's leaks all happened around the same time or was there a time gap between the HP, FB and D2C Hogwarts Castle leaks? The leaking intervals aren't necessarily proportional to the intervals between set releases (indicated by the circumstance that parts from April releases are being leaked simultaneously with stuff from June releases), but it'd still be interesting to know :classic: 

HP: mid May (figures started leaking in April)

FB: early June (although the Thestral set was leaked/revealed in March)

D2C: late July

Edited by Swamp

Just now, Swamp said:

HP: mid May

Thanks :thumbup: The Thestral set was an official reveal to celebrate the CoG trailer though :classic: So we probably won't find out about those two sets before April or May, unless we receive some info from a source other than factory leaks :purrr:

So if the prices of the 2 unknown sets are 15$, and 65$, I’ll go ahead and assume that the graveyard Duel is the 15$ set with Wormtail, Harry and Voldemort, and the 65$ is the second task, with Harry, Fleur, Victor, Cedric, Hermione, Ron, And maybe a few others like mermaids. This is all speculation of course,

3 minutes ago, LDDproductions said:

So if the prices of the 2 unknown sets are 15$, and 65$, I’ll go ahead and assume that the graveyard Duel is the 15$ set with Wormtail, Harry and Voldemort, and the 65$ is the second task, with Harry, Fleur, Victor, Cedric, Hermione, Ron, And maybe a few others like mermaids. This is all speculation of course,

Its more likely to be Lucius Malfoy (or a random Death Eater) and baby Voldemort than Voldemort himself as the ''graveyard reborn'' version of him was already included in the CMF (just like Cedric)

Wow, Buckbeak and the Patronus look incredible. Really makes me wish they were focusing on 3 instead of 4 (1 and 2 are my favourite movies, but 3 is my favourite story and book).

Edited by LegoSims20

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Its more likely to be Lucius Malfoy (or a random Death Eater) and baby Voldemort than Voldemort himself as the ''graveyard reborn'' version of him was already included in the CMF (just like Cedric)

Remember, the last $15 set was Aragog, which only includes Harry and Ron. Harry, Wormtail and Babymort might very well be all we get if that is indeed the graveyard set (still not convinced)

17 minutes ago, Swamp said:

HP: mid May (figures started leaking in April)

Sounds right, but let’s not forget, there weren’t any leaks for the Hogwarts Express figures until after Lego released the official set photos. Lego can really keep a lid on things if they want to, so don’t count on getting anything else before they say so :wink:

Just now, Accio Lego said:

Remember, the last $15 set was Aragog, which only includes Harry and Ron. Harry, Wormtail and Babymort might very well be all we get if that is indeed the graveyard set (still not convinced)

But that set also came with 2 exclusive prints (web and eyes) and new colors for the spiders besides the sets main build and sidebuild which also takes up budget. Besides that Aragog and the tree use more pieces than are necessary to recreate Tom Riddle Sr's grave (though now that I think about it, a minifigure would most likely be necessary to make the statue)

Let’s not forget that Expecto Patronum is supposed to be $15 and come with three minifigs plus a moulded stag. They obviously have a nice budget for this theme based on what we’ve seen so far and based on what is rumored to come.

I really want Sirius to leak btw, I’ve wanted that figure for so long, I want to see it

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

24 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Been following the lego Harry Potter discussion since last year, finally got an account so I can actually interact with the chat. If a fully grown Voldemort was hypothetically in a supposed graveyard set, couldn’t they just give him regular legs so the CMF version is still exclusive?

Just now, Holden Brickfield said:

Been following the lego Harry Potter discussion since last year, finally got an account so I can actually interact with the chat. If a fully grown Voldemort was hypothetically in a supposed graveyard set, couldn’t they just give him regular legs so the CMF version is still exclusive?

They could do a similar thing to when they released The Simpsons sets where they used they same molds just different prints

Yeah, a different face print on Voldemort would do the trick

I guess they would include both Babymort and Voldemort so one of the play features would be the rebirth ritual with dark magic

You know... for kids :laugh:

21 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

They obviously have a nice budget for this theme based on what we’ve seen so far and based on what is rumored to come.

Um, did you see the faces of the champions???

Y’all are ridiculous, we’re getting 2 HUGE new moulds, 1 character who has needed an update for years and several characters who have never been made, YET Y’ALL ARE HUNG UP ON OLD FACES BEING USED, WTF?!?! 

Not ridiculous at all - what is the point of getting characters if they look NOTHING like who they are based on and I can make them myself?? I will NOT buy any sets if this really is the case.

I think most of us are pretty ok with the trade-off :grin:

No, we aren't. There should be NO trade-off.

I think most of us are pretty ok with the trade-off :grin:

Guess I should’ve said “some of y’all” ??

Just now, LegoSims20 said:

Not ridiculous at all - what is the point of getting characters if they look NOTHING like who they are based on and I can make them myself?? I will NOT buy any sets if this really is the case.

It is ridiculous, I don’t think you realise how ridiculous you sound, they are easy to remedy, if they can’t afford to print new faces then so be it, you sound like a spoilt little brat, and do you realise how pathetic “I will NOT buy any sets if this really is the case” sounds?! You are the type of person that cries when McDonalds runs out of Chicken Nuggets, bloody ridiculous, and bloody pathetic, I agree with @Lego-Freak I think most of us are happy with the new moulds, just you who isn’t ???‍♂️

Just now, LegoSims20 said:

No, we aren't. There should be NO trade-off.

Try being a Marvel fan if you think you’re hard done-by here. This is awesome, frankly the champions don’t do much apart from Cedric, so I’m not bothered. For The first tasks et I’m bothered about the horntail and harry. And for the Yule ball...we I’m not bothered about the figs at all, I just want more castle

Personally, at this point, I have gotten used to Cedric and Fleur's face prints, but for Krum's Lego should have added his goatee in my opinion but oh well and to be fair, we will be getting brand new face prints for other minifigs in this wave, it's not like every character will have a re used head lol. I think it was for the best that Lego decided to make two new moulds for the stag and Buckbeak because if we got them brick built, they would have looked really bad I think, like actually picture the Buckbeak from that Dimensions pack in the upcoming Hagrid's Hut set, people would have complained so much aha.

This is all just proving my point, everyone aside from that one guy is happy with the sets and don’t mind the face prints, I just find it ridiculous how mardy some people are getting what is, at the end of the day, just a toy aimed at kids

Just now, Whovastron said:

Try being a Marvel fan if you think you’re hard done-by here. This is awesome, frankly the champions don’t do much apart from Cedric, so I’m not bothered. For The first tasks et I’m bothered about the horntail and harry. And for the Yule ball...we I’m not bothered about the figs at all, I just want more castle

Yeah I am looking forward to how Harry turns out, like with Lloyd's hair piece in black, new face print, and a new torso print for his first task robes (possibly battle damaged). I think Harry in this set will turn out to be one of the best minifigs in this wave, at least to me personally.