Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

1 hour ago, TheGlynreaper said:

ok I never was a fan of harry potter or am now but I would like to know was there ever a villain centred set with the primary build being a dark wizards castle or lair I know about the old chamber of secrets set with the basilisk but was there more

To answer your question, there’s really no dark castle in Harry Potter to begin with. Voldemort holes up in some old manor houses in Goblet of Fire and Deathly Hallows part 1, but the former wasn’t on screen long enough and the latter was never made because Lego didn’t make any sets based off that movie last time around. 

The Chamber of Secrets and Graveyard Duel sets are probably the only good examples of the villains being on thier ‘home turf’ if you will. 

Hopefully TLG will acknowledge the early disgust towards these minifig heads and decide to change them mid-production like with peter pettigrew in the 2005 sets :wink: Jk.

Edited by Otherworld

14 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

Hopefully TLG will acknowledge the early disgust towards these minifig heads and decide to change them mid-production like with peter pettigrew in the 2005 sets :wink: Jk.

That would make a longer delay though :o

Hey guys, new user here obviously, been lurking around here for some time, urgh always sounds creepy that, anyways I'm a big fan of Lego Harry Potter, can't wait for these new sets and I'm so happy Lego is doing more sets based on The Prisoner of Azkaban and especially The Goblet of Fire, but man, if those face prints are legit... like Cedric's looks alright, like the eyebrows and mouth kind of look similar ish to the CMF series version and his hair is the same piece, but why didn't Lego just take that version and make two new expressions? Krum's looks really strange, but it would have looked fine I think if they added the stubble around his mouth like the old version from 2005 and honestly Finn's buzzcut hair piece was the best choice to go with I think. Fleur's hair isn't that bad in my opinion and her first face print is a bit odd but I've accepted it, but her second face just doesn't look like her at all. Also, I think it is odd that Lego is making a set based on the Yule Ball scene, but it's alright since there has not been a Lego set based on that scene before. I really really hope Lego uses Lloyd's hair from the Ninjago Movie sets in black for Harry, I think it fits perfectly for his longer hair.

If you look at HD photos of Krum on Google, I think he has more of a small goatee beard than a full stubble aha.

Just now, Lego Lad said:

If you look at HD photos of Krum on Google, I think he has more of a small goatee beard than a full stubble aha.

Doesn’t even need to be HD, most photos you can see that he has a small goatee than stubble

Just now, The Dangerous HC said:

Doesn’t even need to be HD, most photos you can see that he has a small goatee than stubble

Lego should have just done an updated version of Krum's 2005 face.

Just now, Lego Lad said:

Lego should have just done an updated version of Krum's 2005 face.

There are many things that Lego should have done... including giving us completely new faces for all the champions

Just now, The Dangerous HC said:

There are many things that Lego should have done... including giving us completely new faces for all the champions

lol I completely agree.

Does anyone know if it's been confirmed that Harry will have Lloyd's hair in black in The Goblet of Fire sets?

Just now, Lego Lad said:

lol I completely agree.

Does anyone know if it's been confirmed that Harry will have Lloyd's hair in black in The Goblet of Fire sets?

Yes Mini Legogo has said so and he is mostly right

Just now, topiku said:

Yes Mini Legogo has said so and he is mostly right

Alright good aha. Also I'm very curious what Lego hair piece they will use for Harry in the Prisoner of Azkaban sets, will it just be the new one they used in the first wave like in the Great Hall and Hogwart's Express etc? Or will they use a new or existing piece because Harry's hair in the Prisoner of Azkaban was much different than the first two films.

3 minutes ago, Lego Lad said:

Also I'm very curious what Lego hair piece they will use for Harry in the Prisoner of Azkaban sets, will it just be the new one they used in the first wave like in the Great Hall and Hogwart's Express etc? Or will they use a new or existing piece because Harry's hair in the Prisoner of Azkaban was much different than the first two films.

If I had to guess I'd say they are using the same hairpiece as last year. In PoA his hair actually looks a lot like the already existing piece and would actually be more accurate than in the first two films

Edited by topiku

Krum's face could've been better, but after looking at some pictures from GoF, I have to say the hairpiece is a really good choice actually. It's too long of course (it's also too long for Finn, the character it was introduced for) but the hairline fits perfectly :thumbup:

Just now, topiku said:

If I had to guess I'd say they are using the same hairpiece as last year. In PoA his hair actually looks a lot like the already existing piece and would be more accurate than in the first two films

Ah alright, I was just wondering aha, what I like about that hair piece from last year is how you can still see his scar perfectly.

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

Krum's face could've been better, but after looking at some pictures from GoF, I have to say the hairpiece is a really good choice actually. It's too long of course (it's also too long for Finn, the character it was introduced for) but the hairline fits perfectly :thumbup:

Yeah I think it's the best choice they could have made but still the headpiece just kills it for me :(

I find it kind of strange that there isn't any leaked photos of Harry Potter himself besides his Yule Ball torso, like I would have thought his face and hair would have been leaked. I'm super excited to see him in his first task outfit, I loved the version from 2005 where it is all torn up and battle damaged.

23 minutes ago, Lego Lad said:

Alright good aha. Also I'm very curious what Lego hair piece they will use for Harry in the Prisoner of Azkaban sets, will it just be the new one they used in the first wave like in the Great Hall and Hogwart's Express etc? Or will they use a new or existing piece because Harry's hair in the Prisoner of Azkaban was much different than the first two films.

For POA they’ll probably use the hair piece from the CMF line, since that was a POA version of Harry

I really hope the Yule Ball versions of Fleur and Hermione have the skirt piece. I know it’s slightly taller than the medium legs but it would look so much better. Fleur is older so it works for her and Hermione is probably wearing heels for the Yule Ball (I don’t remember if she actually was) so that’s how I can justify it to myself. I just think the skirt pieces would look 100 times better than medium legs for the Yule Ball versions

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

5 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

For POA they’ll probably use the hair piece from the CMF line, since that was a POA version of Harry

I really hope the Yule Ball versions of Fleur and Hermione have the skirt piece. I know it’s slightly taller than the medium legs, but they’re probably wearing heels for the Yule Ball so it that’s how I can justify it to myself. I just think the skirt pieces would look 100 times better than medium legs for the Yule Ball versions

Hmm yeah, since they are wearing long dresses, printing them on leg pieces would look very weird, and also Harry in the films is quite short right? Not to mention I think both Hermione and Fleur are wearing heels at the Yule Ball, so I think Lego can get away with giving them dress pieces and giving Harry and mid size teen legs in my opinion. Yeah, I have just seen a photo of Hermione where she is sat on some steps, and it appears she has heels on which would increase her height.

Edited by Lego Lad

50 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I really hope the Yule Ball versions of Fleur and Hermione have the skirt piece. I know it’s slightly taller than the medium legs but it would look so much better. Fleur is older so it works for her and Hermione is probably wearing heels for the Yule Ball (I don’t remember if she actually was) so that’s how I can justify it to myself. I just think the skirt pieces would look 100 times better than medium legs for the Yule Ball versions

Yeah, Hermione is wearing heels (there's a scene where she takes them off in frustration if I'm remembering correctly) and that dress is just so iconic I can't imagine them printing it on legs of any size.

Just now, Queen Whatevra WaNabi said:

Yeah, Hermione is wearing heels (there's a scene where she takes them off in frustration if I'm remembering correctly) and that dress is just so iconic I can't imagine them printing it on legs of any size.

Are we even sure we‘re getting Hermione in her Yule Ball outfit? ?

Just now, topiku said:

Are we even sure we‘re getting Hermione in her Yule Ball outfit? ?

I'd imagine so, be very weird if Lego makes a Yule Ball set but doesn't include Hermione aha.

what if they decide to use a fabric dress piece for the legs, like cho and luna in the cmf, for Hermione on her yule ball outfit?