Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

If the clock tower hosts the Yule Ball it won't be screen accurate at all. Why are there doubts that the Potter Advent calendar can include several christmas-themed figures from harry potter? Is it so incredible to believe? I actually still think that we must not shoehorn figures in sets that clearly belong to a very specific movie.

Not even if they based the set in this deleted scene it will be screen accurate :/

Just now, AdriWho said:

If the clock tower hosts the Yule Ball it won't be screen accurate at all. Why are there doubts that the Potter Advent calendar can include several christmas-themed figures from harry potter? Is it so incredible to believe? I actually still think that we must not shoehorn figures in sets that clearly belong to a very specific movie.

Not even if they based the set in this deleted scene it will be screen accurate :/

Lego doesn’t do screen accuracy, plus people that have bothered to message me know exactly where these figures are from, I’m gonna stop saying it soon because y’all would rather disbelieve than know ??‍♂️

Just now, TheRandomBlocker said:

Lego doesn’t do screen accuracy, plus people that have bothered to message me know exactly where these figures are from, I’m gonna stop saying it soon because y’all would rather disbelieve than know ??‍♂️

God, I am so sorry. I am still happy to hear that :)))))

Just now, TheRandomBlocker said:

I do believe you, your information checks out so far :wink: 

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

I do believe you, your information checks out so far :wink: 

Least someone does, I know that my info is accurate because of first hand experiences, haha

36 minutes ago, AdriWho said:

As others have said, lego doesn't care about screen accuracy.

On the calendar part of the discussion:

- Thanks to TheRandomBlocker we already know the Yule Ball figures will be in the ''normal'' sets

- Figures from advent calendars only very rarely leak, and those wouldn't even be in production in February

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

- Thanks to TheRandomBlocker we already know the Yule Ball figures will be in the ''normal'' sets

And now thanks to him I know that too, everyone happy :)

Yes, the last wave of HP sets were not screen accurate, at least as sr as what was placed where inside Hogwarts. This doesn’t really bother me honestly, I’m just happy the details are included and we get realistic Hogwarts buildings in the first place with EXCELLENT minifigures. Seriously, last year’s HP minifigs were some of the best lego has ever produced, second only to Lord of the Rings in my opinion, and I think this wave will live up to that standard

I'm very curious how they will do Madame Maxime

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

30 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Yes, the last wave of HP sets were not screen accurate, at least as sr as what was placed where inside Hogwarts. This doesn’t really bother me honestly, I’m just happy the details are included and we get realistic Hogwarts buildings in the first place with EXCELLENT minifigures. Seriously, last year’s HP minifigs were some of the best lego has ever produced, second only to Lord of the Rings in my opinion, and I think this wave will live up to that standard

Agree with all of this.

The minifigure selection is the best I’ve seen since LotR. 

I also do not care too much for screen accuracy, I’ll just be happy to have as much HP figures and sets as possible, even if they’re all in random orders. 

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I personally think they will use Hagrid's new body, the old Nya hair from Ninjago and maybe a new fur mould (larger than the one used on Boggart Snape)

If it turns out to be true and the Watchtower includes everyone in their Yule Ball outfits, I hope it includes a courtyard with the carriages and the steps leading to the Great Hall and not another Great Hall. However if this is the only portion of the castle we are getting this year this will be a very confusing choice to have made. Where is Gryfindor Common Room or more classrooms??? 

I've always wanted Hermione in her Yule Ball dress. 

3 hours ago, Tariq j said:

I'm happy with that too. IIRC I don't think we've had a Yule Ball set before. So it's nice to see LEGO are covering new material as well as retreading things they've covered before. Hopefully this also means we get the Patil twins.

After what happened with Cho, Im afraid to see their skin color :oh:

Personally I don't mind if the clock tower has the yule ball interior. If it was screen accurate it was going to be extremely boring with only a small part of the hospital wing at the top, mostly stairs otherwise. This way we'll have at least an interesting interior.

2 hours ago, Whovastron said:

Could still be the clocktower. Medical wing in the top, Yule ball in the bottom.

That could work TBH. The original clock tower set had 3 stories, and while I can see them raising the ceiling on the ground floor for a Yule Ball scene, there’s still at least another floor to fill, and the hospital wing is a nice recognizable room that needs minimal decoration, plus it’s past time they included it in a set, seeing as it’s featured in half the movies and nearly all the books (and I’m sure the only reason Harry doesn’t visit in DH is because he doesn’t let Madam Pomfrey see him after the battle). 

Lego also doesn’t seem to be shying away from encouraging people to mix and match minifigures and sets to create different scenes (pajama Harry, Quidditch Draco and Luna from the cmf come to mind), so as long as we get PoA casual clothes versions of Harry and Hermione I’m the Hagrid’s Hut set, it would still be possible to recreate the noteworthy scenes. 

1 hour ago, LegoSims20 said:

If it turns out to be true and the Watchtower includes everyone in their Yule Ball outfits, I hope it includes a courtyard with the carriages and the steps leading to the Great Hall and not another Great Hall. However if this is the only portion of the castle we are getting this year this will be a very confusing choice to have made. Where is Gryfindor Common Room or more classrooms??? 

I've always wanted Hermione in her Yule Ball dress. 

Gryffindor Tower was already included in the Whomping Willow set, albeit very small. As for classrooms, Potions and DATDA are the only important ones if you go by the movies. So I'm sure we'll get the rest eventually

56 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

After what happened with Cho, Im afraid to see their skin color :oh:

If Cho is anything to go by the Patils will just have black heads with 2 white dods on them :laugh_hard:

55 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Personally I don't mind if the clock tower has the yule ball interior. If it was screen accurate it was going to be extremely boring with only a small part of the hospital wing at the top, mostly stairs otherwise. This way we'll have at least an interesting interior.

If the Clocktower has a hospital wing I just hope Madam Pomfrey will be included, even though all information we have deny this...

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

If the Clocktower has a hospital wing I just hope Madam Pomfrey will be included, even though all information we have deny this...

Pomfrey is a character that's more likely to appear in a cmf series, not sure if they'll include a small room for the hospital wing, it doesn't really fits the yule ball theme they're going with. I just hope they at least include the pendulum swingy thingy.

1 hour ago, Accio Lego said:

That could work TBH. The original clock tower set had 3 stories, and while I can see them raising the ceiling on the ground floor for a Yule Ball scene, there’s still at least another floor to fill, and the hospital wing is a nice recognizable room that needs minimal decoration, plus it’s past time they included it in a set, seeing as it’s featured in half the movies and nearly all the books (and I’m sure the only reason Harry doesn’t visit in DH is because he doesn’t let Madam Pomfrey see him after the battle). 

Lego also doesn’t seem to be shying away from encouraging people to mix and match minifigures and sets to create different scenes (pajama Harry, Quidditch Draco and Luna from the cmf come to mind), so as long as we get PoA casual clothes versions of Harry and Hermione I’m the Hagrid’s Hut set, it would still be possible to recreate the noteworthy scenes. 

The medical wing is even 100% confirmed to be in the top floor of the clocktower in Prisoner of Azkaban, many a window dolly shot there is lol!

if the clocktower was ‘in scale’ with the rest of the building so far, it won’t be as tall as the main tower, it would be awesome if they do the courtyard if they don’t do an extension to the side.

this set does feature more pieces than the great hall, so it’s gonna be a significant expansion! If it’s all dedicated to buildings, it’ll be the biggest part of the castle we’ve gotten so far

8 hours ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Yeah, no offense, but I have incredibly reliable sources and they said that it may not happen and that it could be either HP or FB, so forgive me if I believe them ?

That’s what my sources have said might be the case, it’s more likely than us getting 2 graveyards in 2 themes this year

No problem,we will soon see who was right! All the other stuff that‘s rumoured right now,is exactly what he told me couple weeks ago,so i rather believe him ;)

Just now, Diggydoes said:

No problem,we will soon see who was right! All the other stuff that‘s rumoured right now,is exactly what he told me couple weeks ago,so i rather believe him ;)

You do you, I’m pretty sure I know who’s write, but ok ??

Guys, do you think they will include a new mold for Harry's broom from the first task? Possibly with two pieces to recreate the Firebolt and also reuse the handle in other sets including another mold for the Nimbus 2000 etc?

Edited by ETELENZOS92

5 minutes ago, ETELENZOS92 said:

Guys, do you think they will include a new mold for Harry's broom from the first task? Possibly with two pieces to recreate the Firebolt and also reuse the handle in other sets including another mold for the Nimbus 2000 etc?

Obviously we can’t say for sure, but ultimately I think there’s a logistical reason why the brooms are made out of soft plastic instead of hard. It’s also prudent to remember that minifigure legs have thier limitations, so adding the footrests that the movie props have wouldn’t be of much use. 

Ultimately, I think the designers would rather use the mold budget on new hairstyles and animals 

This wave sounds amazing but I have to say I’m a little disappointed in the Knight Bus set. It was probably the only chance to ever get Marge as she’s not really main enough for a CMF series. Only two minifigures is pretty awful for a set of that caliber. It should be Harry, Stan, Ernie, Marge, and the Grim. But instead we only get Ernie and Stan. If it’s expensive I will have to very seriously consider passing and just eBaying the two figures. It’s iconic but this set is definitely the weak link in this wave, especially for minifigures.

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

How do people already know the contents of the Clocktower set and that the Knight Bus only comes with 2 minifigs?