Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

1 hour ago, RODDY said:

I'm just so hyped about how much content from GoF we are getting because it's my favorite movie, the First Task, the Graveyard, Yule Ball, it's literally everything I could possibly ask for. So many good minifig possibilities as well.  The mermaids would of have been nice but you can't have everything. Hopefully we get a cool egg mold. 

If they include an egg in the sets I'm 100% sure it will be a reuse of the current egg piece used in the Angry Birds and Jurassic World sets

3 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

If they include an egg in the sets I'm 100% sure it will be a reuse of the current egg piece used in the Angry Birds and Jurassic World sets

Which would be cool as well since that part doesn't exist in pearl gold yet :sweet: It could even be printed, even though it's not all that likely since it's not absolutely necessary in order to make it recognizable. At least printed eggs are in the realm of possibility as one of last year's Easter sets has proven...

15 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

Lego advent calendars have 24 slots, a handful of which contain minifigures (around 6 in recent years) with the rest of the slots being filled with tiny builds. In the Star Wars calendars, the builds are mostly various vehicles (i.e. spaceships) so I’d expect to see tiny versions of the Hogwarts Express, Knight Bus, and Ford Anglia. Other possibilities are buildings (the Burrow, hagrid’s Hut, shops, sections of the castle, etc.) or tiny brick built creatures like buckbeak or the Basilisk. Plus, the City calendar often includes a husky dog behind one of the doors, so I wouldn’t be surprised if we got Hedwig on her perch or the niffler in a pile of gold.

The previous castle and pirates advent calenders included minifig scale accessorises and no mirco builds, I'd prefer this approach.

I doubt we'll get too many more FB sets as HP sells much better, I'd guess no more FB stuff till closer to next film.

31 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

The previous castle and pirates advent calenders included minifig scale accessorises and no mirco builds, I'd prefer this approach.

I doubt we'll get too many more FB sets as HP sells much better, I'd guess no more FB stuff till closer to next film.

You cant really say HP sells better than FB when we don't have any numbers to look at. And besides that, there are only 2 FB sets so ofcourse HP sells more. And Newts suitcase has been sold out for a very long time in my area

I hope there wont be FB sets and the Graveyard will be the GoF one

I found the FB minifigures kinda disappointing compared to the HP ones: no one single new hairpiece, and Newt and Grindelwald totally needed one. And they made a new strudel mold instead :hmpf:

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

You cant really say HP sells better than FB when we don't have any numbers to look at. And besides that, there are only 2 FB sets so ofcourse HP sells more. And Newts suitcase has been sold out for a very long time in my area

I meant in general not Lego specifically. 

I mean to say that FB isn't as popular a hp in general isn't a controversial statement. All I'm saying is that HP is a much bigger selling point not that FB or it's lego sets are bad or sell poorly.

19 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

I hope there wont be FB sets and the Graveyard will be the GoF one

19 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Y’all are gonna be sorely disappointed

Oh really... :sweet: (cause I definitely want more FB sets)

Just now, Accio Lego said:

Oh really... :sweet: (cause I definitely want more FB sets)

I didn’t meant everyone in this forum, just the doubters of FB, if it wasn’t for FB we more than likely would never have gotten more HP sets, so I think more CoG sets are incredibly likely, that’s if the Graveyard even exists, which a lot of reputable sources are saying it doesn’t, so I reckon that we should stop discussing this set until someone more reputable then a Star Wars leaker says something

1 hour ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

I didn’t meant everyone in this forum, just the doubters of FB, if it wasn’t for FB we more than likely would never have gotten more HP sets, so I think more CoG sets are incredibly likely, that’s if the Graveyard even exists, which a lot of reputable sources are saying it doesn’t, so I reckon that we should stop discussing this set until someone more reputable then a Star Wars leaker says something

I agree. There’s been a big resurgence of Harry Potter merchandise recently, and while it’s arguably selling well because the original fans now have kids they’re introducing to the fandom, I doubt most of the manufacturers would have started producing more if it weren’t for Fantastic Beasts. 

As for the sets, we’re really at the point where official word from Lego is the only thing that will confirm things one way or the other. 

They didn't use any new hairpieces for FB because they were still testing the waters. Now they know how well the HP and FB sell,

they will adapt and create new pieces accordingly. The sets, whatever we get, I am sure we will all be happy with. Plus I like the idea

of waiting to be surprised instead of seeing it and having to wait many months before I can get my hands on it.

6 hours ago, Acura said:

They didn't use any new hairpieces for FB because they were still testing the waters. Now they know how well the HP and FB sell,

they will adapt and create new pieces accordingly. The sets, whatever we get, I am sure we will all be happy with. Plus I like the idea

of waiting to be surprised instead of seeing it and having to wait many months before I can get my hands on it.

I'd rather see them right now and have to wait a couple of months. The slow rate of information is starting to bother me

11 hours ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

There def.will be a Graveyard Set,from what i know it‘s from HP not FB! 

40 minutes ago, Diggydoes said:

But are you also certain its not just the Hidden Side graveyard mistaken as a HP set?

41 minutes ago, Diggydoes said:

Yeah, no offense, but I have incredibly reliable sources and they said that it may not happen and that it could be either HP or FB, so forgive me if I believe them ?

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

But are you also certain its not just the Hidden Side graveyard mistaken as a HP set?

That’s what my sources have said might be the case, it’s more likely than us getting 2 graveyards in 2 themes this year

15 hours ago, Whovastron said:

Those are, from what I can tell and presume, all rumours/ things from the same set. if the Yule ball characters aren’t in the Hogwarts Set (which I reckon they will, I know the ball is in the great hall but I doubt lego will worry about that, and neither will kids buying) then they are in the triwizard Set and it’s the ball. If it’s not the ball, it’s either the graveyard or the first task I reckon. We won’t get both.

I think, what would be really cool, is if the watchtower Set is a building with the yule ball on the inside, but then comes with the horntail and Harry on the firebolt, as they fly around Hogwarts. Incredibly unlikely, but could be cool.

I love the idea of having the watchtower with the Hungarian Horntail and the interior being the Yule ball however because they have leaked a Harry torso then it would be a bit strange to have either two Harry figures (dragon task figure, and Yule ball figure) or only a Yule ball figure because then the dragon wouldn’t really fit, I personally think, when I was looking at the set prices and amount of pieces (I’m not sure if this was a 100% confirmed list) but there was a €35 set with only around 200-250 pieces so I think this would be the dragon set as it seems to have a large piece (moulded dragon in it) 

Whatever will come i am thankfull for every HP and FB Set.

I hope to see a new set with the hogsmeade train station and some houses of hogsmeade for the future.

Not going to lie, I would be incredibly disappointed if the Watch Tower was the Yule Ball instead of Prisoner of Azkaban. I was so excited for a PoA era clock tower set, I could really care less about the Yule Ball.

Just now, JackFr said:

Not going to lie, I would be incredibly disappointed if the Watch Tower was the Yule Ball instead of Prisoner of Azkaban. I was so excited for a PoA era clock tower set, I could really care less about the Yule Ball.

2 things

1) you will be incredibly disappointed because it is the Yule ball

2) it’s “I couldn’t really care less” because “I could really care less” means you care about it...

5 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

2 things

1) you will be incredibly disappointed because it is the Yule ball

2) it’s “I couldn’t really care less” because “I could really care less” means you care about it...

1. Love the Yule Ball theme

2.  Love the grammar correction! I really enjoy all of the pacific information you have regarding this topic. ? 

Just now, Buckeye J said:

1. Love the Yule Ball theme

2.  Love the grammar correction! I really enjoy all of the pacific information you have regarding this topic. ? 

Ahhhh, Pacific, I see what you did there ??

Personally, I'm fine with the Watch Tower being GoF-themed rather than being based on PoA since we already have a couple of PoA-based sets (Knight Bus, Hagrid's Hut, Expecto Patronum and don't forget last year's Hogwarts Express!). Besides, GoF is my favourite HP movie, so the more from that movie the better :moar:

I'm happy with that too. IIRC I don't think we've had a Yule Ball set before. So it's nice to see LEGO are covering new material as well as retreading things they've covered before. Hopefully this also means we get the Patil twins.

1 hour ago, JackFr said:

Could still be the clocktower. Medical wing in the top, Yule ball in the bottom.

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

Personally, I'm fine with the Watch Tower being GoF-themed rather than being based on PoA since we already have a couple of PoA-based sets (Knight Bus, Hagrid's Hut, Expecto Patronum and don't forget last year's Hogwarts Express!). Besides, GoF is my favourite HP movie, so the more from that movie the better :moar:

Plus the clock tower would look the same regardless, the only real difference being the figures. But between Hagrid’s Hut, Knight Bus, and Expecto Patronum we have most POA characters covered. The only two that I think we really still need are Pettigrew and Werewolf Lupin