Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

6 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Fishing is mostly about patience, sooner or later the fish will bite as long as you keep on fishing.. We did get a few surprise catches last year and that could very well be the case this year also! Remember you do not see every fish before it bites :wink:
I am sure our fish luck will be better in 9 days time :tongue:

Very true! That’s why you keep casting that line even when nothing has been biting. Sooner or later you reel in a leaked set description!

The more I’ve thought about it, the more I’ve realized that the Knight Bus could actually include Privet Drive. Expect a 300 piece Night Bus and a 400 piece Privet Drive. I mean it makes so much sense since we didn’t get any of the Dursley’s in the CMF. They gave us less important figs for the sets since they may save them. This would also make the set sell better, and we’d get a great figure selection. I can see it including Harry, Dudley, Petunia, Vernon, Marge, Stan, Ernie, and Serious as a dog. I’d also have some potential features they could add. They could include a small hook & a barred window so It would be interactive with the willow. They could also make the fireplace with a letter dispenser similar to Ninjago City.maybe Ben include a flying cake feature since we don’t need a Dobby fig in the set. I might try and replicate what this could look like on Lego digital Designer.

24 minutes ago, LDDproductions said:

The more I’ve thought about it, the more I’ve realized that the Knight Bus could actually include Privet Drive. Expect a 300 piece Night Bus and a 400 piece Privet Drive. I mean it makes so much sense since we didn’t get any of the Dursley’s in the CMF. They gave us less important figs for the sets since they may save them. This would also make the set sell better, and we’d get a great figure selection. I can see it including Harry, Dudley, Petunia, Vernon, Marge, Stan, Ernie, and Serious as a dog. I’d also have some potential features they could add. They could include a small hook & a barred window so It would be interactive with the willow. They could also make the fireplace with a letter dispenser similar to Ninjago City.maybe Ben include a flying cake feature since we don’t need a Dobby fig in the set. I might try and replicate what this could look like on Lego digital Designer.

Thats what I've been thinking for a long time. Would also get me hooked for the set, because I'm really not interested in the Knight Bus alone

Edited by Guyon2002

31 minutes ago, LDDproductions said:

I really don’t think they could do a Knightbus in 300 parts. The old ones were like that, but with modern techniques and smaller pieces, you’re looking at around 500 parts for it, 450 at least I think.

Adding Privet Drive or at least the Dursley’s as minifigs would skyrocket the value of the set in people’s minds, mine included. I wouldn’t have much interest in just a Knight Bus by itself. I would buy it it for sure but it would be my least favorite by far. The extra minifigs would add so much appeal, especially being the second largest set of the wave

3 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Adding Privet Drive or at least the Dursley’s as minifigs would skyrocket the value of the set in people’s minds, mine included. I wouldn’t have much interest in just a Knight Bus by itself. I would buy it it for sure but it would be my least favorite by far. The extra minifigs would add so much appeal, especially being the second largest set of the wave

The minifigs would definitely make or break my excitement for a new (just) Knight Bus, unless it was far better than its previous version. Granted it’s been 8 years since the last one, it was pretty great. 

The thing about the Knight Bus is that they only can do so much. What I mean is take the previous 2 for example. Ofcourse the latest one was a big improvement, but when you look at it they are very similar, same can be said for the piece count. Ofcourse lego now uses more tiny pieces in later sets, but the thing about the knight bus is that its mostly big windows, with some purple bricks in between. There's only so much you can do with that on that (system) scale. There aren't really any new blocks to put more detail in those places either. And as you can see most changes were put in the bottom part with the wheels, the front, the top and the inside. But that's not a 400 blocks difference. Especially since the inside would still be pretty cramped. Now I found this amazing moc (linked below) which is probably the best example for if they went up 1 scale. It's more screen accurate with lots of detail, but it would be too big compared to the other sets, and probably uses way more blocks too. I really don't think they will go that route. I really think we will indeed see some kind of side build.

Moc: 

Knight Bus

I started collecting Lego since the middle of the last year so i am happy for every Harry Potter Set that will come.

Can't wait to see pictures from the new sets.

Do you think that there will be a second series of HP minifigures and poly bags?

Just now, Sir Godric said:

I started collecting Lego since the middle of the last year so i am happy for every Harry Potter Set that will come.

Do you think that there will be a second series of HP minifigures and poly bags?

It was a very successful series, so you never know, maybe next year. There’s no Lego Movie coming and they always have 2 licenced series a year now, so it could very well come back.

Just now, Sir Godric said:

I think you will be very happy then :tongue:
It is almost guaranteed that we will get a second series do to the first ones success, when is hard to tell, maybe next year already..

Polypags are more random, we will for sure see some now and then. Only 1 last year with all those other set we got and compared to how many the Lego movie is getting now was below expectations, so hopefully more than 1 this year.

There could be so many nice figures for a second minifigures series.

Like Molly Weasley,Bellatrix Lestrange,people of hogsmeade etc..

But i think they will keep back some figure characters for upcoming sets.

I do think they need to go for variant characters in the next CMF series. This first series was amazing but I just think some characters like Mad-Eye and Dobby shouldn't have been included in it, since there's only really 1 variant they can make (by the movies that is) and those would be better spent in sets (in my opinion). Because both characters always look the same I don't see lego including them in a set, even if they are important to that scene. 

And there are a LOT of variants they could do. The Yule ball outfits and cat Hermione are good examples.

3 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I do think they need to go for variant characters in the next CMF series. This first series was amazing but I just think some characters like Mad-Eye and Dobby shouldn't have been included in it, since there's only really 1 variant they can make (by the movies that is) and those would be better spent in sets (in my opinion). Because both characters always look the same I don't see lego including them in a set, even if they are important to that scene. 

And there are a LOT of variants they could do. The Yule ball outfits and cat Hermione are good examples.

Moody could have his Yule Ball variant, plus there isn’t really a set that would NEED Moody to be in it, same with Dobby, “Freeing Dobby” is so overdone that I’m glad he came in the CMF, however I do agree with the variants, however a CMF series should NEVER be purely variants because they would not be all that wanted, having variants and new characters like in series 1 would make the entire series great, there are so many characters that aren’t needed for sets that they could do in CMF Series 2

2 hours ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Moody could have his Yule Ball variant, plus there isn’t really a set that would NEED Moody to be in it, same with Dobby, “Freeing Dobby” is so overdone that I’m glad he came in the CMF, however I do agree with the variants, however a CMF series should NEVER be purely variants because they would not be all that wanted, having variants and new characters like in series 1 would make the entire series great, there are so many characters that aren’t needed for sets that they could do in CMF Series 2

Agreed

39 minutes ago, Sir Godric said:

I also hope that there will be a new bricktober set this year.

Really loved this figures.

That is almost certain not happening, it was Toys R Us that had the bricktober-sets and they are out of businesses in almost every country now :hmpf_bad:

Just now, Roebuck said:

That is almost certain not happening, it was Toys R Us that had the bricktober-sets and they are out of businesses in almost every country now :hmpf_bad:

Yess,maybe you're right,but in this case i hope you're not.:blush:

In Germany,Austria and Switzerland it has just turned into Smith toys another big company.

They have a lot of shops too.

Maybe they go on with the tradition of the bricktober sets.

Lets see.:wink:

5 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Barnes & Nobles in the UK & US stocked the bricktober sets, they could happen again. 

Just now, Geoh said:

Barnes & Nobles in the UK & US stocked the bricktober sets, they could happen again. 

US only

1) B&N doesn't exist in the UK

2) no BT packs have been available in the UK except via BL or eBay

Yeah Bricktober was a huge disaster this year. I had to go out of my way to get the Jurassic, Wizarding World and Marvel packs. But luckily I got them all!

I don't know how they'll continue it (IF they continue making them), it will probably be a LEGO Store exclusive. But knowing LEGO they would pump the required purchase up to $100 or something crazy like that. 

It all really sucks, because the figures are of amazing quality!

11 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Yeah Bricktober was a huge disaster this year. I had to go out of my way to get the Jurassic, Wizarding World and Marvel packs. But luckily I got them all!

I don't know how they'll continue it (IF they continue making them), it will probably be a LEGO Store exclusive. But knowing LEGO they would pump the required purchase up to $100 or something crazy like that. 

It all really sucks, because the figures are of amazing quality!

Thankfully I was able to get the HP pack at B&N the ONE day they had them available. But I’ve seen no sign of the Marvel or Jurassic ones here in US. The Jurassic one is fairly easy to get on eBay though, like $20 so I’ll probably grab that but the Marvel one goes for like $80-$90, no way I’m doing that. Oh well. I was most looking forward to the HP pack and at least I was able to get my hands on that one, those figures were incredible. I doubt it will happen again though. Another CMF series, however, is almost bound to happen at some point

46 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Thankfully I was able to get the HP pack at B&N the ONE day they had them available. But I’ve seen no sign of the Marvel or Jurassic ones here in US. The Jurassic one is fairly easy to get on eBay though, like $20 so I’ll probably grab that but the Marvel one goes for like $80-$90, no way I’m doing that. Oh well. I was most looking forward to the HP pack and at least I was able to get my hands on that one, those figures were incredible. I doubt it will happen again though.

Doubt it too. But even the orders with bricktober got messed up. When I ordered the Jurassic pack it didn't come (had to contact customer service to get it) and when I ordered the Harry Potter pack I got 2 of them even though there was a 1 per customer limit. I still don't know what happened there but it sure was strange (not that I'm complaining :wink:)

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Doubt it too. But even the orders with bricktober got messed up. When I ordered the Jurassic pack it didn't come (had to contact customer service to get it) and when I ordered the Harry Potter pack I got 2 of them even though there was a 1 per customer limit. I still don't know what happened there but it sure was strange (not that I'm complaining :wink:)

Honestly I would not want them to do another HP Bricktober pack at all, it is way too big of a headache. If they do it, I have to get it. So I would rather they just didn’t do it and released figures in other ways

5 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Honestly I would not want them to do another HP Bricktober pack at all, it is way too big of a headache. If they do it, I have to get it. So I would rather they just didn’t do it and released figures in other ways

What was so bad about actually getting it? Yeah, the lead up to it was frustrating because of the unknown...but for me it was super easy. I reckon if you don’t have a B&N nearby that would do the trick...

I could see Target possibly picking it up. They have done a few similar deals, with those minifig cubes. At one of the Targets here they’re doing a massive redesign of the toy section. They started with LEGO & added a TON of shelf space, have this great huge plastic display sitting atop the shelves of a slide with two kids on it. They even have a few Ideas sets, just like TRU did, as well as the big box displays. We’ll see if the other two follow suit. 

Edited by Vindicare